Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,582
    BLACK35 wrote:

He is done, even if he toughs it out. How is the rest of the weekend going to pan out

He needs to WD immediately before he causes more damage. A hand/wrist injury is a potential career killer. His caddy is a moron for not making him take a unplayable.

Have you seen the size of the welt that has started at the base of his thumb on his right hand, :shock:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    I'm watching streaming at work rory just dropped a few birds, maybe it's not as bad as it looks especially him hitting 8 iron from 185.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    Rory hung tough, doesn't look to be that bad. But those kind of injuries can tighten up overnight and he may have problems tomorrow, we'll have to see. With all the physios around him I'm sure if they thought it was a dangerous injury they would have advised him to withdraw. The way he hit the ball out of that hole and then the buried bunker shot, both unreal shots, makes me think it's not that bad.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    Hey Tiger how did that 77 feel!!!
    his balls were wet and sandy all day.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    eddiec wrote:
    Rory hung tough, doesn't look to be that bad. But those kind of injuries can tighten up overnight and he may have problems tomorrow, we'll have to see. With all the physios around him I'm sure if they thought it was a dangerous injury they would have advised him to withdraw. The way he hit the ball out of that hole and then the buried bunker shot, both unreal shots, makes me think it's not that bad.

thing is ... you have to be playing your absolute best to win a major ... and i understand that all he cares about are majors and the masters is like 8 months away but still ... wrist injuries take a while to heal ... i'm not sure the risk is worth the reward as i don't think he can win playing with the bad wrist ...
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I'm sure he's running to his room to get on the Pearl Jam board and post about it. Can't wait to see his reaction to this.
    #FHP
  • Options
    looks like a tough day so far for everyone ... -3 seems to be the low score so far today ... most guys in the + ...
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Brendan Steele
    Jason Dufner
    Keegan Bradley

to quote the movie major league "who the fuck are these guys?" :lol::lol:
  • Options
    RoughMixRoughMix back of a lorry Posts: 385
    This could be very exciting.Anyone within 5 or 6 shots could pull it off.Especially on this course with some unusual suspects at the top of the leaderboard.
    Verplank would be a nice champion.A wily vet who has paid his dues.
    But all these guys have thrown up a few doubles at this venue.And on Sunday the grip pressure tightens a little.
    Looking forward to it.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    Furyk nightmare on the 18th. Thought he had a good chance until he teed off on that hole.
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Brendan Steele
    Jason Dufner
    Keegan Bradley

to quote the movie major league "who the fuck are these guys?" :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: ............ :? maybe one of the next PGA Champions :o
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Horos wrote:
    I'm sure he's running to his room to get on the Pearl Jam board and post about it. Can't wait to see his reaction to this.

Wow the Tiger lovers get real upset when you put down their hero.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    duffner on 15 with a 4 shot lead...puts it in the water

this could be an interesting finish
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    norm wrote:
    duffner on 15 with a 4 shot lead...puts it in the water

this could be an interesting finish

This has been a fun Sunday of golf.
  • Options
    What a putt with dufner standing on the tee. Both of these guys have been great to watch.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,360
    imalive wrote:
    his balls were wet and sandy all day.
    That makes it hard to maintain your swing stance. I could see him having an off day because of that. ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Brutal stretch.
  • Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,069
    Bradley got game. I expect more good things. He belongs on the presidents cup team without question.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Got rained out this week...sucks. But playing Renditions with my brother and dad on Thursday - would love to break 100 from the tips.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    Got rained out this week...sucks. But playing Renditions with my brother and dad on Thursday - would love to break 100 from the tips.

how far are the tips? ... do they let you play from the tips if you are a 20+!?

crazy finish yesterday ... to come back from triple on 15 ... wow ... bradley had that killer instinct - dufner not just yet ...
  • Options
    How closely do you all play by the rules? I'm very strict because I feel like that way I always know I'm playing the same. I've been paired up with many people over the years and find that most don't even know the rules let alone play by them. For instance, I never play the ball up and if I get there and find my ball out of bounds I go back and hit another rather then just taking a drop. About the only rule I let my othr friends get away with is the complete whiff.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    How closely do you all play by the rules? I'm very strict because I feel like that way I always know I'm playing the same. I've been paired up with many people over the years and find that most don't even know the rules let alone play by them. For instance, I never play the ball up and if I get there and find my ball out of bounds I go back and hit another rather then just taking a drop. About the only rule I let my othr friends get away with is the complete whiff.

i'm not serious enuf nor good enuf to play by all the rules ... i play golf for fun and recreation ... if i hit a ball into a divot ... i'm moving it out ... if i hit a ball into the trees ... i'll play from where it went in (with a penalty stroke) ... it keeps the golf course moving too ... the worst part about golf now is going to a course and playing a 5+ hr round ...

this is how all my friends i play with will play too ... so, it's consistent amongst our group ... i do occasionally play with a guy who will make me re-tee it if i get to my ball and it's OB ...
  • Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,069
    Horos wrote:

Cheating is cheating.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    I'm not good either but you'll never know if you are getting better unless you play by the rules.
    polaris_x wrote:
    Horos wrote:

i'm not serious enuf nor good enuf to play by all the rules ... i play golf for fun and recreation ... if i hit a ball into a divot ... i'm moving it out ... if i hit a ball into the trees ... i'll play from where it went in (with a penalty stroke) ... it keeps the golf course moving too ... the worst part about golf now is going to a course and playing a 5+ hr round ...

this is how all my friends i play with will play too ... so, it's consistent amongst our group ... i do occasionally play with a guy who will make me re-tee it if i get to my ball and it's OB ...
    Not sure what this post is supposed to mean. You cheat? I don't.
    Horos wrote:

Cheating is cheating.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    I'm not good either but you'll never know if you are getting better unless you play by the rules.

i know based on how i'm playing ... scores are relative to courses and conditions ... an 87 on one course might be like an 93 on another ...

it's about having fun out there as well ...
  • Options
    Polaris the tips are 6762, and the fairways are bentgrass which means you get almost no roll whatsoever. In other words it plays VERY long. I'm pretty long off the tee (consistent 260-290) and that shit kills me. As far as playing by the rules, I play everything down (unless it's on a tree root or something - that doesn't often happen), and take penalties when they should be called. If there are people behind me I will not go back and re-tee b/c I would want to kill me if I were in that group. I haven't been OB that much this year so it's probably cut 12 strokes from my score or so by not doing that. At the start of the year I was 103-107, now down to 90-95. Renditions will kick my ass if I'm not careful though.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    Polaris the tips are 6762, and the fairways are bentgrass which means you get almost no roll whatsoever. In other words it plays VERY long. I'm pretty long off the tee (consistent 260-290) and that shit kills me. As far as playing by the rules, I play everything down (unless it's on a tree root or something - that doesn't often happen), and take penalties when they should be called. If there are people behind me I will not go back and re-tee b/c I would want to kill me if I were in that group. I haven't been OB that much this year so it's probably cut 12 strokes from my score or so by not doing that. At the start of the year I was 103-107, now down to 90-95. Renditions will kick my ass if I'm not careful though.
    to further answer your question, they didn't seem to care if I played from the tips when I shot a 106 there a few months ago. I probably get away with it because I play fast (played a 2.59 round with my Brother-in-law this summer) and am long off the tee so it sends an image right away that I'm better than I actually am.
  • Options
    Got a great weekend of gold lines up.
    Starts today with a tournament for work related stuff. With take a mini bus to and from the course, 2 coolers of beer on ice and the helmets are optional :)
    Then Friday thru Sunday me and 15 other guys have some cottages rented at this beautiful 27 hole golf course called Pike Lake. We have divided into 2 teams and are going to play a Ryder Cup style tournament through out the weekend. First time I have been involved in a Ryder Cup format, so I'm looking forward to it. We get breakfast all 3 mornings and 2 suppers included.
    Basically 4 days of str8 golf, loving it.
    Suppose to be a beautiful weekend weather wise and thats great as we had a tornado in the area on Sunday night and there was apparently 1 more last night with some severe thunderstorms. Get all that bad shit out of the way and bring on the sun. I'm going to need to take a week off after this just to recoperate.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Got a great weekend of gold lines up.
    Starts today with a tournament for work related stuff. With take a mini bus to and from the course, 2 coolers of beer on ice and the helmets are optional :)
    Then Friday thru Sunday me and 15 other guys have some cottages rented at this beautiful 27 hole golf course called Pike Lake. We have divided into 2 teams and are going to play a Ryder Cup style tournament through out the weekend. First time I have been involved in a Ryder Cup format, so I'm looking forward to it. We get breakfast all 3 mornings and 2 suppers included.
    Basically 4 days of str8 golf, loving it.
    Suppose to be a beautiful weekend weather wise and thats great as we had a tornado in the area on Sunday night and there was apparently 1 more last night with some severe thunderstorms. Get all that bad shit out of the way and bring on the sun. I'm going to need to take a week off after this just to recoperate.

sounds awesome ... i played in a work related tournament last week ... we shot -8 but left so much out there ... no one could hit a shot from 65 yds anywhere near the hole ... haha

my winter golf trip the last few years has included replays at the courses ... so, we will play 9 in the afternoon after our regular 18 and play ryder cup style formats ... although your weekend sounds way more fun ... enjoy ...
  • Options
    Saw this on twitter apparently phil may put 2 putters in the bag this weekend including a long putter although this looks like a belly to me

ccd62e24.jpg