Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,582
    Saw this on twitter apparently phil may put 2 putters in the bag this weekend including a long putter although this looks like a belly to me

ccd62e24.jpg

He needs all the help he can get right now :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Good move by Tiger picking up Joe LaCava as his new caddie. Everything ive ever heard about DJ is that he's a huge jerk on and off the course so not fully buying into the lighter schedule so he can spend more time with his family reason why Joe approached Tiger.
  • Options
    Played Farm Neck Golf Club (aka Barry Obama and Bubba Clinton's course) on Martha's Vineyard this weekend at off-season rate of $45. We were battered by near 50mph winds and had to hit low shots the whole day. We were brutalized as I failed to break 100 on an 18 hole course for the first time since 2004. 101 with 5 pars. Amazing experience nonetheless.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    anyone ever play in the pinehurst/sandhills area? ... we're looking at where to go for our annual golf trip and we've never been ...

how are the courses? ... we're looking at mid-february ... would the weather be similar to myrtle beach at that time?
  • Options
    Think you're looking mid 50's around that time, I've played pinehurst 2,4 & 8 all great courses definitely go with a caddy if you play 2 which is hosting the open next year. I stayed at the resort and it's first class all the way. Not a lot to do outside the place just a warning. You should also check out Tobacco road which is a half hour away, let's just say its a very interesting course lol.
  • Options
    Think you're looking mid 50's around that time, I've played pinehurst 2,4 & 8 all great courses definitely go with a caddy if you play 2 which is hosting the open next year. I stayed at the resort and it's first class all the way. Not a lot to do outside the place just a warning. You should also check out Tobacco road which is a half hour away, let's just say its a very interesting course lol.

thanks ... we'll take mid 50's ... :)
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    So recently I've been going the driving range after work with 2 other coworkers and I find it to be relaxing. I can hit the golf balls decent as far as distance wise but I keep slicing them to the right every few shots or so
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    So bummed out about the snow, hopefully it melts soon and we can get a few more rounds in before winter hits. Last season I was able to play up to the week before Xmas, this fucking sucks.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Wow. He is angry and bitter. I still think its amazing Stevie was Tiger's best man when he married Elin.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,582
    Poor old Steve Williams, just doesn't know when to shut his mouth. If I heard it all correctly, its not really racist IMO, so he said black ass, big deal.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    What a fucking idiot. You're a caddy, shut the fuck up and carry the clubs. I can't imagine he is regarded too highly on the tour at this point.
  • Options
    Not surprised Williams is a piece of shit and he needs to get over himself already he's a glorified bellman.
  • Options
    Presidents Cup time and while I'm not a fan of this tournament at all will definitely have to watch tiger and stricker vs Scott and Choi tonight.
  • Options
    Presidents Cup time and while I'm not a fan of this tournament at all will definitely have to watch tiger and stricker vs Scott and Choi tonight.

i actually prefer these matches more than regular golf ...

the pairings were quite interesting ... it seems like Norman split up most of the aussies ... maybe to make sure each team has someone who knows the course well ...

can't believe they paired woods and scott right off the get go ... haha ... best part is that many of the matches will be on prime time here ...
  • Options
    Agreed its great that this will be in prime time.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    Agreed its great that this will be in prime time.

Yeah, the prime time thing is pretty nice. I was watching the final round of that australian open last week on Sat night when I was at the bar and Tiger was making his move. Loking forward to watching this tonight...
  • Options
    Presidents Cup baby! I still think its funny that the two teams are "USA" and "Rest of the World".
  • Options
    Presidents Cup baby! I still think its funny that the two teams are "USA" and "Rest of the World".

excluding europe ... hahaha ... which in this case amounts to australia, south korea, south africa and japan
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

excluding europe ... hahaha ... which in this case amounts to australia, south korea, south africa and japan
    Yeah, thats what they should put on the hats. Haha Team "Rest of the World except Europe". Soon it'll be Team "Southeastern United States" vs Team "South Korea, Northern Ireland and Italy".
  • Options
    RaniRani Posts: 434
    I need recommendations on balls. :lol:

Really, really good balls. :lol:

It's a gift for a ball fanatic :lol::lol::lol:

I mean golf fan.

Gimme your recommendations on really good balls. :lol::lol:

I'm serious, too. I'm heading out to buy some balls. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Rani wrote:

I mean golf fan.

The gold standard of golf balls has been and always will be the Titleist Pro-V1. They can be pricey, but a golf fanatic will undoubtedly love them. I'm sure they'll be thrilled.
  • Options
    Steve Williams is kicking Tigers butt out there 5 up after 9 that dude is some caddy
  • Options
    RaniRani Posts: 434
    Rani wrote:

I mean golf fan.

The gold standard of golf balls has been and always will be the Titleist Pro-V1. They can be pricey, but a golf fanatic will undoubtedly love them. I'm sure they'll be thrilled.

Thank you for your great advice on balls...

Gotta get the best balls I can!

Balls in your mouth....balls in your mouth...don't swim in the ocean, you'll get balls in your mouth...

:lol:
  • Options
    i think the internationals are done ... this competition is all about which golfers are more mentally tough and with a bunch of rookies on the int'l squad - they are toast i think ... granted i didn't watch the entire round - it seemed like the int'l squad was just giving it away with bad shot after bad shot ...

as for tiger ... it's tough cuz stricker is probably playing the weakest right now just coming off injury ...
  • Options
    Stricker was definitely the weaker player yesterday looks like tiger is paired up with dj today against badds and day.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    i think the internationals are done ... this competition is all about which golfers are more mentally tough and with a bunch of rookies on the int'l squad - they are toast i think ... granted i didn't watch the entire round - it seemed like the int'l squad was just giving it away with bad shot after bad shot ...

as for tiger ... it's tough cuz stricker is probably playing the weakest right now just coming off injury ...

There's a bunch of rookies on the US squad too.....very nice start for the Americans last night!
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

There's a bunch of rookies on the US squad too.....very nice start for the Americans last night!

only 3 ... guys who played in last year's ryder cup don't count as rookies imo ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    only 3 ... guys who played in last year's ryder cup don't count as rookies imo ...

True....prob more pressure playing in the ryder cup too. Looking forwad to seeing Woods and Johnson paired up today...prob my 2 favorite golfers.