Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    I was at the bar and Tiger was making his move.
    he's still doing this? :? :shock: :lol:

I hope you turned him down.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    polaris_x wrote:
    only 3 ... guys who played in last year's ryder cup don't count as rookies imo ...

True....prob more pressure playing in the ryder cup too. Looking forwad to seeing Woods and Johnson paired up today...prob my 2 favorite golfers.

they say on a scale of 1 to 10 for pressure with the Ryder cup being a 10 ... the Presidents Cup is a 5 ...

i think that is the case for the americans for sure ... for international, it's probably an 8 and for the rookies a 10 ...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    imalive wrote:
    I was at the bar and Tiger was making his move.
    he's still doing this? :? :shock: :lol:

I hope you turned him down.

:lol::lol: Good one!

And yes, I turned him down.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Tiger lose some weight? Looks smaller to me
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    they're testing, you know...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

someone finally told him that having the upper body of a linebacker is not good for a golfer
  • Options
    brutal conditions yesterday ... looked like they were playing on hockey rinks for greens ... int'l lucky to split those matches ... getting nothing out of kim, ishikawa and yang ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    brutal conditions yesterday ... looked like they were playing on hockey rinks for greens ... int'l lucky to split those matches ... getting nothing out of kim, ishikawa and yang ...

I would have shot a 200 on that course yesterday...that was brutal.
  • Options
    bubba and webb already two up after 2 on ogilvy and allenby ... on back to back birdies ...
  • Options
    dunno if the pgatour website is right ... but it looks like els just aced number 6 right after kuchar stuck it to 2ft ... it's back and forth but it's like AS in every match except for one now ...

edit: ok ... it was wrong ... still won the hole ... ;)
  • Options
    Talk about an ass kicking, the US has 2 wins today and could sweep the other 3
  • Options
    Royal Melbourne looks amazing. One day.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Kuch-dog and some other guy win the World Cup for the US. Nice to see Rory/Graeme and Poulter/Rose lose too.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Until this hole, it's great to see Tiger playing confident and good golf again. Hopefully he can keep it together.
  • Options
    Funny seeing La Cava yelling about people about taking pictures now.
  • Options
    Guess who's back motherfuckers
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:thumbup:
  • Options
    I've always wanted to say this...Fer Shizzle!
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    A lot of golfers thought Tiger was through, and they did a lot of shit talking they're probably regretting right about now.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    A lot of golfers thought Tiger was through, and they did a lot of shit talking they're probably regretting right about now.
    I still think he's washed up. If he wins at Augusta next April, then I'll rethink my stance. Until then he's still facing an uphill climb.
  • Options
    I still think he's washed up. If he wins at Augusta next April, then I'll rethink my stance. Until then he's still facing an uphill climb.

He's never going to be Tiger from the early 2000's but dude looked really good this week. Watched most of yesterday and today and very impressed. And he's been very close recently. He didn't back into this win either with birdies on 17 and 18.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

I'll admit, I don't follow golf much, so you may very well be right. Most of what I know about the PGA is what I hear the talking heads on ESPN talk about. And I hear quite a bit, because he's always a favorite topic of discussion. At one point I think they were getting bored, on account of him always dominating, but after the events of a couple years ago they've been talking about him ad nauseum. They all seem to think that most of his problems have been mental, and getting a victory would be the biggest step in getting him back on track. I don't know though. But he has shown himself he can do it now, that can lead to a huge shift in his frame of mind.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Tiger is going to be in full eff you mode next year. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hope so, knee seems healthy, swing is back it seems, putting much better, which is key. Like I said, not going to be the player he was but could definitely win a bunch of tournaments next year.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hope so, knee seems healthy, swing is back it seems, putting much better, which is key. Like I said, not going to be the player he was but could definitely win a bunch of tournaments next year.

Yeah, he'll never be as dominant as he was. It was nice to see him finally make some big putts on 17 and 18 there. Whether people like him or not, golf needs him to be winning again.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,477
    caught the final 4 holes with my dad at my parents house. it was pretty awesome. my dad normally hates tiger, and i've always liked him, but we were both pulling for him yesterday.

tiger wins 2 majors next year. boom.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    caught the final 4 holes with my dad at my parents house. it was pretty awesome. my dad normally hates tiger, and i've always liked him, but we were both pulling for him yesterday.

tiger wins 2 majors next year. boom.

That's cool. Was a lot of fun to watch. I watched a bunch on Saturday afternoon then the first 11 or so yesterday, then went to the giants then caught 17 and 18. Was fun to watch. Enjoyed seeing the first pump again.

I think this was a big step, he is clearly headed in the right direction.
  • Options
    CH156378 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:thumbup:
    :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08