>>>Official Lebron James Page

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I think Lebron is too independent to be JayZ's bitch.

?

theyre buddies.

Did Jay-Z's portion of the Nets get sold to the Russian? Otherwise that is the worst picture the writer could have used.

i think so
    The Russian guy was congratulated in a full page ad in newspaper last week.
    I assumed Jay Z was out on the Brooklyn deal, but i could be wrong.

If not, then yeah, bad example of star power.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    being buddies is a way difft relationship than boss/employee
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i think so
    The Russian guy was congratulated in a full page ad in newspaper last week.
    I assumed Jay Z was out on the Brooklyn deal, but i could be wrong.

If not, then yeah, bad example of star power.

I think you are right, with how much he paid, I would imagine he has full ownership. You catch the 60 Minutes segement on him a while back? Crazy dude.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    being buddies is a way difft relationship than boss/employee

also different from being ones " bitch "
    platessmall.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    from what i could find....

the russian dude owns 80%, JayZ still owns 2.5%. somebody else owns the other 17.5%
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    from what i could find....

the russian dude owns 80%, JayZ still owns 2.5%. somebody else owns the other 17.5%

Good work dude. Then yeah, a horrible example by that writer.
    when you only own 2.5%, you really don't get a vote. JayZ is the russians dude's bitch at the Nets Owners meeting.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    when you only own 2.5%, you really don't get a vote. JayZ is the russians dude's bitch at the Nets Owners meeting.

Oh yeah, for sure, but Jay-Z sure as fuck is not going to be recruiting Lebron to play for the Knicks.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    th_LebronKnicks.jpg

prepare for dissapointment

Indeed. Much more prospects for LeBron in Chicago.

So waht if NY is a money market, LeBron can name his price and I'm willing to bet a lot of offices will meet it. He's just that player that people want. I think Chicago sees what we're all seeing: A better fit for a championship.

The Bulls have been trying very, very hard to be contenders lately...I think this is their missing piece.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Oh yeah, for sure, but Jay-Z sure as fuck is not going to be recruiting Lebron to play for the Knicks.

duh...that just clicked for me. the article for the knicks and jay z recruiting for the nets. :lol:

you are correct sir
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:

Indeed. Much more prospects for LeBron in Chicago.

So waht if NY is a money market, LeBron can name his price and I'm willing to bet a lot of offices will meet it. He's just that player that people want. I think Chicago sees what we're all seeing: A better fit for a championship.

The Bulls have been trying very, very hard to be contenders lately...I think this is their missing piece.

rumor has it, Lebron gave D. Rose a call after the Cavs were elimiated...

http://dailyherald.com/story/?id=381195
    Shortly after Cleveland was eliminated by Boston in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, LeBron James placed a call to Bulls guard Derrick Rose.

What did they talk about?

Word is, James said he likes Rose's game, likes his team and would welcome the chance to play together.

Before putting LeBron's No. 6 Bulls jersey up for sale, keep in mind that it's possible James made similar calls to Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Maybe even Nets center Brook Lopez. But it has been made clear through various channels that James is very interested in joining the Bulls when he becomes a free agent on July 1.

New York, New Jersey and Miami figure to be James' top options, along with re-signing in Cleveland. Staying with the Cavaliers is starting to seem less likely after the early playoff exit exposed flaws in the team's winning formula.

The James phone call to Rose was mentioned by ESPN reporter Scoop Jackson and confirmed by a league source. Rose has been taking things slowly since the Bulls season ended with a first-round loss to Cleveland, but he visits the Berto Center on occasion. The source said the James-Rose conversation did not last very long.

The Bulls will have roughly $20 million in cap room this summer, enough to sign the two-time MVP outright. They're often mentioned as James' best chance to win right away, since he could step into a lineup with Rose, Joakim Noah and Luol Deng.

James will have other attractive options. New York has enough cap room to pair him with another big-time free agent such as Bosh. Miami could offer a unique pairing with all-star Dwyane Wade.

New Jersey probably can't be counted out, either, despite posting the league's worst record last season. The Nets have some good young players and money to spend now that Russian kazillionaire Mikhail Prokhorov owns the team. Plus, one of the Nets co-owners is James' good buddy Jay-Z and the team is supposed to relocate to Brooklyn in two years.

In the meantime, the Bulls' coaching search has slowed down as the team contemplates whether a big-name coach would give them a better chance of landing James.

The biggest prize in coaching is obviously Phil Jackson, whose contract with the Lakers is about to expire. He also figures to stay busy through the end of the NBA Finals.

There is no evidence the Bulls have any interest in Kentucky coach John Calipari or that playing for Calipari would even appeal to James. If the Bulls can't bring back Jackson for a second stint on the bench, former Portland and Philadelphia coach Maurice Cheeks appears to have the best chance at the job.

None of other NBA teams in search of a head coach - Philadelphia, New Orleans, Atlanta and the Clippers - has made a hire.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    So, I'm just curious...where did this talk of him wearing a #6 come from?

Not that I give any amount of shit, I'm just wondering.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

he wants to retire #23 league wide,...if memory serves, he has already annouced he is switching number for next season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeBron_James
    On March 1, 2010, James filed an application to the NBA to wear the #6 starting the 2010/2011 season. [68] He started a petition saying that no one should be allowed to wear the #23 in the NBA to honor Michael Jordan. It will be the first time James will not be wearing the #23 since his freshman year in high school, when a senior on his team wore it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:

duh...that just clicked for me. the article for the knicks and jay z recruiting for the nets. :lol:

you are correct sir

its not so much Jay Z recruiting for The Knicks,
    but rather NYC in general, no ?
    platessmall.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

he wants to retire #23 league wide,...if memory serves, he has already annouced he is switching number for next season

On March 1, 2010, James filed an application to the NBA to wear the #6 starting the 2010/2011 season. [68] He started a petition saying that no one should be allowed to wear the #23 in the NBA to honor Michael Jordan. It will be the first time James will not be wearing the #23 since his freshman year in high school, when a senior on his team wore it.

That's a very respectful action for him to take. But, in that case. Let's eliminate number 32 (Magic), 33 (Bird), 13(Chamberlain) and oh...6 (Russell)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

That's a very respectful action for him to take. But, in that case. Let's eliminate number 32 (Magic), 33 (Bird), 13(Chamberlain) and oh...6 (Russell)

pretty much.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

what a tool

bron, not you 81 ;)
    norm wrote:

what a tool

bron, not you 81 ;)

Yup.

Sometimes...close to all the time I feel LeBron needs to get over himself. But, in his defense...I've never seen him be the ass that he could be. So kudos to him for not stooping to that level, I guess.

So...how many of you wonder if LeBron congratulated the Celtics to avoid the flame he did for his very poor sportsmanship last year with the magic, or has he really gained one year's worth of integrity and honor?

I thought he might pout again with those subpar games he put up.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I hope somebody teaches Lebron how to hit a jump shot at the end of a game in this thread.
    UpSideDown wrote:
    I hope somebody teaches Lebron how to hit a jump shot at the end of a game in this thread.

i hope someone teaches lebron to not settle for jumpshots and go to the hole at the end of the game
    i hope D. Rose teaches Lebron to not quit at the end of games
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

what a tool

bron, not you 81 ;)

Yup.

Sometimes...close to all the time I feel LeBron needs to get over himself. But, in his defense...I've never seen him be the ass that he could be. So kudos to him for not stooping to that level, I guess.

So...how many of you wonder if LeBron congratulated the Celtics to avoid the flame he did for his very poor sportsmanship last year with the magic, or has he really gained one year's worth of integrity and honor?

Lebron was beaten, outplayed by a better team and the appropriate thing to do was to congratulate your opponent after the game is over. So he did.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    How bout this rumor floating around that Delonte West is hittin' Lebron's mom and that's why they collapsed in the series vs BOS since LJ was so PO'd and it tore the team apaprt since he found out right before game 4. Personally I don't think this is true (probably started by someone from NY who wants him to come there, not happening by the way). However, if it is true, WOW, Delonte West will never be allowed to step foot in Cleveland again.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    81 wrote:
    i hope D. Rose teaches Lebron to not quit at the end of games

Game 6 vs the Celtics was pathetic. The entire Cavs team quit. If that was Viny Del Negro's Team. They would've called 4 timeouts and a 20 and lose by 4 instead of 10 :lol:
    pureoc wrote:
    How bout this rumor floating around that Delonte West is hittin' Lebron's mom and that's why they collapsed in the series vs BOS since LJ was so PO'd and it tore the team apaprt since he found out right before game 4. Personally I don't think this is true (probably started by someone from NY who wants him to come there, not happening by the way). However, if it is true, WOW, Delonte West will never be allowed to step foot in Cleveland again.

i don't buy that at all. although West is a nut job.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    81 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

i don't buy that at all. although West is a nut job.

But its crazy enough that some people will believe it. Quite funny I think. I'm going to start spreading it around.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    g under p wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

what a tool

bron, not you 81 ;)

Yup.

Lebron was beaten, outplayed by a better team and the appropriate thing to do was to congratulate your opponent after the game is over. So he did.

Peace

Oh I know...I think he did a very admirable thing, but I still like to remind people of his poor choice last post-season. :P
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=381451&src=150
    Team LeBron suits up: Well, after originally focusing on the Bulls' coaching search, this space has become more of the LeBron watch. Fortunately, a definitive bit of information came across Monday when a staff member from ESPN Radio in Cleveland tweeted that members of the LeBron James "team" were spotted wearing Bulls gear at a Troy Smith event.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=381451&src=150
    Team LeBron suits up: Well, after originally focusing on the Bulls' coaching search, this space has become more of the LeBron watch. Fortunately, a definitive bit of information came across Monday when a staff member from ESPN Radio in Cleveland tweeted that members of the LeBron James "team" were spotted wearing Bulls gear at a Troy Smith event.

if bron really wants a jordan-type legacy then he should stay in cleveland and win numerous championships there...the bulls were nothing before jordan
    A guy at work here HATES LBJ because of his antics (dancing, power thing, etc), immaturity and lack of rings.

I say he's 25 and with the right coach and cast, is capable of winning titles. I really hope the Bulls land him.