>>>Official Lebron James Page

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rumor has it, Lebron's show is going to be at Allen Houstons house....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

not at all. he inherited 4 of the top 50 players of all time...including the best ever and another who may end up being the 2nd best ever. i could have won at least 5 titles with that talent.

who was the coach before Phil in LA?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    81 wrote:

Where do you keep getting these rumors?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    81 wrote:

not at all. he inherited 4 of the top 50 players of all time...including the best ever and another who may end up being the 2nd best ever. i could have won at least 5 titles with that talent.

del unser? was that his name?

old white dude with glasses...

why?
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Where do you keep getting these rumors?

this one came from espn 1000 out of chicago. it was twittered by somebody. they also just rescinded the Houston house part and said it would be at a boys and girls club somewhere in the vincinty of ESPN's studio's in CT
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    edited July 2010
    brain fart
    Post edited by norm on
    81 wrote:

why?

Del Harris....

because the point is, he had Shaq and Kobe, turned out a 224-116 record from 94-99 and couldn't beat Utah or anybody out west. Jackson came in and won it all in his first year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Greenwich Ct is the sight of the big todo tommorrow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    UpSideDown wrote:
    sorry...had to drop the hammer on this thread. :lol:

lebron's a fraud. buying an hour's worth of time on espn to announce which team he is signing for? who is he? h ross perot?

give me a break.

He would be better off spending that hour in the gym taking jumpers, so maybe he can actually make one at the end of a game.

Nice! :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    to say a guy who has like 10 rings as a coach is overrated is crazy ... coaching is a lot about massaging egos ... his greatest skill is getting his star players (jordan, kobe) to trust his non-star teammates ... you can't win in the nba without playing a team game and with talent ... even phil knows that ... there are only a handful of great coaches in this league ... phil, pop, sloan and maybe doc ... they get the most out of their players ...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    polaris_x wrote:
    to say a guy who has like 10 rings as a coach is overrated is crazy ... coaching is a lot about massaging egos ... his greatest skill is getting his star players (jordan, kobe) to trust his non-star teammates ... you can't win in the nba without playing a team game and with talent ... even phil knows that ... there are only a handful of great coaches in this league ... phil, pop, sloan and maybe doc ... they get the most out of their players ...

its a bitter kid from philly who has one winner in the past 30 years...in all sports

11 rings overrated :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    polaris_x wrote:

its a bitter kid from philly who has one winner in the past 30 years...in all sports

you sure you wanna be taking shot at a specific city.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    It would be funny if he stays in Cleveland....and coulda had coach Izzo, and a top free agent if he made up his mind earlier :lol:

oh the irony
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

you sure you wanna be taking shot at a specific city.
    :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • I'm saying.... NETS.

Interesting sports blog today focusing on the business relationship with JAY Z & Lebron. Here was the headline....
    Lebron's show is called "THE DECISION" WE ALL KNOW jAY Z HAS A SONG ALREADY RECORDED MUSIC VIDEO AND ALL READY TO GO 4 THIS SHOW
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

why?

Del Harris....

because the point is, he had Shaq and Kobe, turned out a 224-116 record from 94-99 and couldn't beat Utah or anybody out west. Jackson came in and won it all in his first year.

right. he inherrited them at the prime of their careers. kobe came into the league in 96, not 94, and thats the year shack went to la. do you really think kobe was ready to lead a team to a championship at 18 years of age? or 19? or 20? i don't.

phil got him at the beginning of his 4th year....right when he was entering his prime and right smack in the middle of shack's prime....also when they added all their core supporting cast.

he's a great coach. i would just have a whole lot more respect for him had he took over chicago or la from the ground up instead of inheriting all time players in the prime of their careers.

larry brown's a better coach than phil jackson.
    www.myspace.com
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,364
    I hope Lebron falls flat on his face, never winning a championship at all. In my mind he was walking a thin line with his pre game antics, commercials and hype, not to mention he QUIT on his team in the playoffs. Now this bullshit news conference/special, fuck him and his bullshit. You got to want it Lebron.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    I hope Lebron falls flat on his face, never winning a championship at all. In my mind he was walking a thin line with his pre game antics, commercials and hype, not to mention he QUIT on his team in the playoffs. Now this bullshit news conference/special, fuck him and his bullshit. You got to want it Lebron.

The fact that he's donating all the proceeds from the special to charity doesnt help???

My reaction was the same as yours at first, but I guess the charity thing makes it OK. In the end, it's just another oportunity for all of the attention to be on him.

right. he inherrited them at the prime of their careers. kobe came into the league in 96, not 94, and thats the year shack went to la. do you really think kobe was ready to lead a team to a championship at 18 years of age? or 19? or 20? i don't.

phil got him at the beginning of his 4th year....right when he was entering his prime and right smack in the middle of shack's prime....also when they added all their core supporting cast.

he's a great coach. i would just have a whole lot more respect for him had he took over chicago or la from the ground up instead of inheriting all time players in the prime of their careers.

Pippen and Grant were drafted in 87.....Phil took over the bulls during the summer of 89, the start of Pippen and Grant's 3rd season. he was also there for several years before he was head coach as an assistant. you really need to sit down and watch a Phil coached team play an entire season. you might think different.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:
    Pippen and Grant were drafted in 87.....Phil took over the bulls during the summer of 89, the start of Pippen and Grant's 3rd season. he was also there for several years before he was head coach as an assistant. you really need to sit down and watch a Phil coached team play an entire season. you might think different.

have jordan or kobe ever won a ring without phil?
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I want to beleive this. I really do.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

81 wrote:

i believe you're proving my point man. he took over these teams as their best players were reaching the prime of their careers.

certainly helps to have a hall of fame assitant as your right hand man your entire career too. the triangle offense was tex winters creation not phil jackson's.
    www.myspace.com

i believe you're proving my point man. he took over these teams as their best players were reaching the prime of their careers.

certainly helps to have a hall of fame assitant as your right hand man your entire career too. the triangle offense was tex winters creation not phil jackson's.

trust me, i know Tex. Tex rocks. However, you can't discount the fact that Phil was an assitant and had influence there before head coach....and i still challenge you to sit down and watch a Phil season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    latest tidbit of rumor is....

Leborn is changing a tax bill address from his Akron address to a chicago address
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    you might think different.

only way that'll happen is if phil coaches the sixers...then phil will be a god in jeags eyes :lol:
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    81 wrote:
    latest tidbit of rumor is....

Leborn is changing a tax bill address from his Akron address to a chicago address
    aw man... i better not have to take back all the shit i've been talking the past few days... :x
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    So is Chicago out with the signing of Boozer?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    81 wrote:

trust me, i know Tex. Tex rocks. However, you can't discount the fact that Phil was an assitant and had influence there before head coach....and i still challenge you to sit down and watch a Phil season.

tough for me to watch a "phil" season when i dont live in the city he coaches in...and, you know, not being a fraud and all.

but i've watched plenty of basketball in my time. i watched plenty of bulls games back in the 90's and i admit he is a great coach. there is no debating that.

but someone asked if its possible to be overrated when you've won as many championships as phil jackson has. well, the answer is yes for the reasons i have laid out.

actually, i would go out and get the nba package to watch a "phil" season if he goes to some team like the grizzlies or the nets and builds a franchise from the ground up. but we all know that will never happen.
    www.myspace.com
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    So is Chicago out with the signing of Boozer?
    hmm... i wouldnt say so

nice to have another dukey on the bulls though :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/