Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I thought for sure Orton was getting some PT yesterday. The whole situation was astounding. First that they got into that big of a hole. Next that they got some momentum. Third that they actually took the lead. And lastly that they gave it up. Ladies and Gentlemen our 2012 Dallas Cowboys! Just makes me want to puke from the roller coaster.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Romo has 13 INT's already this year...Orton has never thrown more than 13 in a season...we need players who take of the football.

I say insert Orton
    I say insert Tanner at RB
    I say demote Bryant

The O is just ridiculous.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Romo has 13 INT's already this year...Orton has never thrown more than 13 in a season...we need players who take of the football.

I say insert Orton
    I say demote Bryant

I don't think they'll bench Romo in favor of Orton. As it stands they can probably deal him, but if they bench him for Orton he'll look like damaged goods and it will give the other side some ammo at negotiations.

They should probably leave him in (for better or worse) and then see what they can do with him in the offseason.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I say insert Orton
    I say demote Bryant

I don't think they'll bench Romo in favor of Orton. As it stands they can probably deal him, but if they bench him for Orton he'll look like damaged goods and it will give the other side some ammo at negotiations.

They should probably leave him in (for better or worse) and then see what they can do with him in the offseason.

I'm just hoping they do ... but I'm not so sure how long he can continue in Dallas ... the boo birds were out in full force ... his last 2 home games he's thrown 9 INT's ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I say insert Orton
    I say demote Bryant

I'm just hoping they do ... but I'm not so sure how long he can continue in Dallas ... the boo birds were out in full force ... his last 2 home games he's thrown 9 INT's ...

As Tony said after the game, "I would have booed us too".

It is getting pretty bad, usually the local post-game shows and especially the night-time shows like The Score with Babe Laufenberg and Mike Doocy's Sports Sunday, are basically just Cowboy propaganda and you would think they win every week the way they act. But last night they seemed to all be fed up, and I think they tossed out the script Jerry's PR guys write for them. When the guys who normally have their nose up Jerry's ass no matter how bad it gets start getting fed up, then it's bad.
  • Options
    My buddy (a Cowboy fan) just sent me these. I thought Lukin would enjoy them at least. He didn't make them, just some of the funnier Romo jokes on the web.

Tony1.png
    Tony3.png
    Tony2.png
    Tony4.png
  • Options
    My buddy (a Cowboy fan) just sent me these. I thought Lukin would enjoy them at least. He didn't make them, just some of the funnier Romo jokes on the web.

Tony1.png
    Tony3.png
    Tony2.png
    Tony4.png

Those are good..."especially y u no throw to offence".

arrrrg....this team is so frustrating...at least where not Cleveland :lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    If the Cowboys had 22 of this guy on the field, we'd be undefeated! What a beast!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... an-record/
  • Options
    If the Cowboys had 22 of this guy on the field, we'd be undefeated! What a beast!

I agree...51 catches in 7 games and considering the first 3 were tough on him...

I'd take some Ware's and Lee's on this team and less Jones, Bryant and Romo.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree...51 catches in 7 games and considering the first 3 were tough on him...

I'd take some Ware's and Lee's on this team and less Jones, Bryant, Garrett and Romo.

There ya go :)
  • Options
    That one-handed catch of his was unreal. I actually didn't see it as it happened, I was looking the other way and heard the crowd make some strange sound I'd never heard a crowd make before, kind of a mixture of a gasp, cheer, and something else, I don't know. By the time I turned around he already had the ball, but when I saw the replay I was like "what the hell?". It didn't even look real, looked like CGI, it defied physics (at least as far as my butter fingers are concerned). I'm convinced the ball was made of metal and Witten was wearing magnet gloves.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I'd take some Ware's and Lee's on this team and less Jones, Bryant, Garrett and Romo.

There ya go :)

Less Garrett as well...what do they do if the offence continues down this path? Let Jason go? promote Ryan? Callahan? I think even Jones has to realize that he's wasting so much talent in not building around Witten, on defence they are building around Ware at least, however, this defence still doesn't create enough turnovers, that needs to be improved.

• Options
    That one-handed catch of his was unreal. I actually didn't see it as it happened, I was looking the other way and heard the crowd make some strange sound I'd never heard a crowd make before, kind of a mixture of a gasp, cheer, and something else, I don't know. By the time I turned around he already had the ball, but when I saw the replay I was like "what the hell?". It didn't even look real, looked like CGI, it defied physics (at least as far as my butter fingers are concerned). I'm convinced the ball was made of metal and Witten was wearing magnet gloves.

That was a spectacular catch...last year I thought he was slipping a bit...seems to have returned to form. Thats what drives me cray about Romo...if Witten was playing on so many other teams he would have 9-10 catches a game...with Austin and Bryant it seems like Romo forces the ball to these guys way to much resulting in terrible interceptions. But at this stage of his career if hasn't learned to just take what the D gives you he never will. He has all the tools to play the position well except one...he doesn't think as quickly as the elite's.

• Options
    I did something I never thought I would do. I put money ON the Cowboys. I think it's a trap game, and the Cowboys are good at those. They'll defeat an undefeated team or eventual Super Bowl champion, then not do much else the rest of the season. That way Cowboys fans can say "we could have won the Super Bowl" by pointing to one game.

I guess it really just depends on whether or not they're deflated after last week, or mad.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    That return was just more evidence that they don't need Dez Bryant back there returning kicks. The way he's played this year, it's debatable that they don't need him at WR either.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    That return was just more evidence that they don't need Dez Bryant back there returning kicks. The way he's played this year, it's debatable that they don't need him at WR either.

That drive that ended in 3 points is just more evidence that Romo needs to be benched and Garrett needs to go...just pathetic at how many points they leave on the field.

Agree about Bryant...wish he wasn't on the team, he constantly whines, always injured and drops too many passes.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

That drive that ended in 3 points is just more evidence that Romo needs to be benched and Garrett needs to go...just pathetic at how many points they leave on the field.

Agree about Bryant...wish he wasn't on the team, he constantly whines, always injured and drops too many passes.

Frustrating to leave points on the field but I continue to not understand why you think Romo needs to be benched. I just don't see it. I understand the frustration when he has turnovers, but his athletic ability also creates a lot of play behind this bad offensive line that has zero running game. Like that huge play! Orton would be getting sacked every other time he dropped back if he was in there.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    I did something I never thought I would do. I put money ON the Cowboys. I think it's a trap game, and the Cowboys are good at those. They'll defeat an undefeated team or eventual Super Bowl champion, then not do much else the rest of the season. That way Cowboys fans can say "we could have won the Super Bowl" by pointing to one game.

I guess it really just depends on whether or not they're deflated after last week, or mad.

I think this is a big game for Romo and Garrett...a loss and I can see this team self destructing...if that happens 1 or both will be gone...

People should not kid themselves...Jerry heard the boo birds last week...he may have made light of it, but he still heard them.

• Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

Frustrating to leave points on the field but I continue to not understand why you think Romo needs to be benched. I just don't see it. I understand the frustration when he has turnovers, but his athletic ability also creates a lot of play behind this bad offensive line that has zero running game. Like that huge play! Orton would be getting sacked every other time he dropped back if he was in there.
    I just think its time for a change...too me he doesn't have what it takes too win in the NFL when it counts. I've defended him in the past ...no more...He just doesn't take care of the ball very well.

And he just left more points on the field :roll:

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I think this is a big game for Romo and Garrett...a loss and I can see this team self destructing...if that happens 1 or both will be gone...

People should not kid themselves...Jerry heard the boo birds last week...he may have made light of it, but he still heard them.

I think I made the right choice. Neither team is playing particularly well, and it's only the end of the first with the score 6-0, so it's far from over, but I think Dallas is taking the game more seriously. I noticed before the game all the Dallas players looked serious as hell, even Romo. Atlanta looked all loosy goosy and laughing/dicking around. Of course some might argue it's good that Atlanta is loose, but it just struck me like they weren't as serious as they should be.
  • Options
    Damn it, how did they not recover that fumble!?!?!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Damn...Ratliff sprained ankle.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Damn...Ratliff sprained ankle.

Kenyon Coleman was laying hands on Ratliff's ankle and praying, so it should be fine. Few people know that Jesus had a degree in sports medicine.
  • Options
    What exactly was the strategy on that last drive? And I'm letting that last play slide because I don't think it went according to design because of the pressure, but trading 14 of your 17 seconds for something like 18 yards is something I don't get. They never really gave themselves a shot for the endzone.
  • Options
    What exactly was the strategy on that last drive? And I'm letting that last play slide because I don't think it went according to design because of the pressure, but trading 14 of your 17 seconds for something like 18 yards is something I don't get. They never really gave themselves a shot for the endzone.

:lol::lol: I'm laughing that you think that Garrett has any late game strategies. He's proven over and over that he's a horrible decision maker. Combine that with a team that commits this many penalties and mistakes and you get a very frustrated fan base :evil: They were playing against an undefeated team though so I wasn't expecting them to win, last week was more frustrating to me.

The only bright point I see right now is that looking at their remaining schedule I feel like they should beat all of those teams. Not that I think they will win all of them but it looks a lot easier than the first half of their schedule so hopefully they can get on a roll. They DESPERATELY need DeMarco Murray back, he makes them a different team.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

:lol::lol: I'm laughing that you think that Garrett has any late game strategies. He's proven over and over that he's a horrible decision maker. Combine that with a team that commits this many penalties and mistakes and you get a very frustrated fan base :evil: They were playing against an undefeated team though so I wasn't expecting them to win, last week was more frustrating to me.

The only bright point I see right now is that looking at their remaining schedule I feel like they should beat all of those teams. Not that I think they will win all of them but it looks a lot easier than the first half of their schedule so hopefully they can get on a roll. They DESPERATELY need DeMarco Murray back, he makes them a different team.

Well I was expecting Dallas to win, otherwise I wouldn't have bet on them. Atlanta aren't that great, at least judging by tonight, did you see how terrible their defense was? It's like they had never had to tackle anybody before. The teams they beat to get to 8-0 don't impress me much, except for Denver, but they beat Denver when they were having problems.

As for Garrett, I know he's not all that competent, but I can't figure out what he thought he was doing.

By the way, kind of off topic, but the Jerry Jones story about how he would have fired himself as GM...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000090096/article/jerry-jones-i-wouldve-fired-me-as-dallas-cowboys-gm

It's not too late.
  • Options
    I think Garrett is over his head as head coach...but on that scoring drive look at how much of a factor Witten is on offence. They got the ball moving against the Giants when Romo started going to Witten more and they scored when they utilized Witten.

This game was lost in the first half...they are forced to settle for 3 points 2 often.

This team is just so frustrating... :evil: :evil: :evil:

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I think Garrett is over his head as head coach...but on that scoring drive look at how much of a factor Witten is on offence. They got the ball moving against the Giants when Romo started going to Witten more and they scored when they utilized Witten.

This game was lost in the first half...they are forced to settle for 3 points 2 often.

This team is just so frustrating... :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm watching Dale Hansen's Sports Sunday, and they brought up an interesting stat. Dallas has the 3rd ranked passing offense, but they are 23rd in scoring. I think that about sums it up. Yards don't mean a lot if it doesn't translate into points.

Oh well. I never mind seeing Dallas lose, but I'm out $50. Thanks a lot Cowgirls.
  • Options
    Jason Garrett's seat warms up

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... -available

This needs to happen...make it happen Jerry.

• Options
    Just not a fan of Jason Garrett lately. Maybe he should've listened to romo and played more hurry up offense. It's the only time they scored a touchdown! Again, defense looks promising but the offense is struggling. I know everyone likes to blame romo but yesterday he played good and wasn't the reason for the loss.

Big game against the eagles next week to stay out of the cellar!!