Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I'm all for getting a young qb in the draft.

Perfect year to get one, they'll probably only win 6 or 7 games, they'll be drafting in the 12-13 and with all the teams the past few years drafting and starting QB's they should get the opportunity to draft 1 of the top 2-3 QB's available. I say release Romo, start Orton next year and groom a young QB, draft another tackle in round 2. Take some of that money you save on Romo and get a quality center.

I was at the cowboys game today. What did romo do wrong? You are after him all year and I don't know why. All the ravens fans I've talked to would rather have romo than flacco. I just find it funny that someone who lives in a country that doesn't even have football is so critical of a qb that clearly isn't the problem. If hockey starts up, can you please not comment on a sport you don't know anything about? Thanks! :)
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I'm all for getting a young qb in the draft.

Perfect year to get one, they'll probably only win 6 or 7 games, they'll be drafting in the 12-13 and with all the teams the past few years drafting and starting QB's they should get the opportunity to draft 1 of the top 2-3 QB's available. I say release Romo, start Orton next year and groom a young QB, draft another tackle in round 2. Take some of that money you save on Romo and get a quality center.

I was at the cowboys game today. What did romo do wrong? You are after him all year and I don't know why. All the ravens fans I've talked to would rather have romo than flacco. I just find it funny that someone who lives in a country that doesn't even have football is so critical of a qb that clearly isn't the problem. If hockey starts up, can you please not comment on a sport you don't know anything about? Thanks! :)

Haven't you ever heard of the Canadian Football League? You should have, it's where Romo belongs.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    And for the record, most all of te people posting in this thread today probably never played organized football and don't really have a clue what they are talking about. It's all good though. I enjoy your idiotic banter! lol it seems like everyone knows the cowboys problems but they are stuck at home making $20 an hour and making clueless comments. hahaha
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Haven't you ever heard of the Canadian Football League? You should have, it's where Romo belongs.

Do you really consider that football? hahha
  • Options
    And for the record, most all of te people posting in this thread today probably never played organized football and don't really have a clue what they are talking about. It's all good though. I enjoy your idiotic banter! lol it seems like everyone knows the cowboys problems but they are stuck at home making $20 an hour and making clueless comments. hahaha

Somebody's in a pissy mood. I did play organized football by the way, in Texas. And since when does somebody having a problem with a team automatically mean their an hourly employee?
  • Options

Somebody's in a pissy mood. I did play organized football by the way, in Texas. And since when does somebody having a problem with a team automatically mean their an hourly employee?

Nah, I'm just sick of coming here and reading negative bullshit by people that contradict themselves, that's all. I just don't have time for it and won't bother posting in this thread anymore. It's a waste if time. I'd rather talk football with people that have a clue.

Enjoy the packers texans game!
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Actually we do play football here ... FYI ... What did Romo do wrong ... I don't know, interception in the first half that probably cost his team 3 ... 3 other drives ending in field goals and tossing a pass at the end of the game for 0 yards gained forcing a timeout and wasting time.

You really found people at the game that would take Romo over Flacco ... One wasn't Ozzie Newsome was it?? Because call Jones and get this deal done.

You do realize Flacco has been to playoffs every year, won playoff games and was 1 dropped pass and missed field goal from the Super Bowl, that's far closer than Romo will ever get

Before you accuse others of knowing little about football, you should look in the mirror. Most of us know a hack for a QB when we see one.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403

i played football. in Texas.

the Cowboys have some serious issues.

there ya go.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I never played football in Texas ... But I'm pretty sure I could run the Cowboys better that Jones.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    There are serious issues. Thin, thin roster. Years of bad drafts.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    Hartydog wrote:

I agree ... As long as Jones is the GM that will continue.

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Hartydog wrote:

Amen, lukin2006...amen....I know injuries happen to every team, but gee whiz...the Cowboys' top round picks all seem to be made of glass. This franchise deserves a real GM....one who is not related to the owner.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Hartydog wrote:

Amen, lukin2006...amen....I know injuries happen to every team, but gee whiz...the Cowboys' top round picks all seem to be made of glass. This franchise deserves a real GM....one who is not related to the owner.

I agree ... Do you think the cowboys could ever get a quality GM or coach with such a meddling owner? That's what I wonder now.

The other thing that confuses me is Jones was there in the early 90's when the Cowboys offensive line was by far the best in football...they contributed greatly to the success of the triplets. I also remember our defensive front seven being pretty good. Now it seems he thinks the path to the Super Bowl is by accumulating Hollywood type players. This team would be leaps and bounds ahead of where they are now if they had concentrated on building dominate lines on both sides of the ball...but of course not many people buy offensive lineman jerseys. I have read that when/if his son takes over he'll likely hire football people to run the team ... we can only hope.

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Poor Jerry Jones...still pissed that Jimmy Johnson got more credit for building those SB winners in the '90s. Face it Jerry, Jimmy knew more about football than you. Hire great football minds, sign the checks and get out of the way.

But, I don't suspect that he will ever do that.....was the owner of the Texans answering all the questions about what happened tonight.....I have not seen Bob Kraft muttering to the press after his team's loss today.

Like lukin2006 said....build the lines up first!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    They need some professional staff in the front office - i.e. not have it be the nepotism hot spot that it is now. Hire a quality GM and get out of the way. Take the hit that you need to for a year or 2 and rebuild the roster. Build through the draft and create a sustainable contender. Fill in gaps through free agency.
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
  • Options
    Hartydog wrote:
    They need some professional staff in the front office - i.e. not have it be the nepotism hot spot that it is now. Hire a quality GM and get out of the way. Take the hit that you need to for a year or 2 and rebuild the roster. Build through the draft and create a sustainable contender. Fill in gaps through free agency.

I agree...unfortunately Jones can't figure out that he's the common denominator since 1995. In today's NFL you'll never win only hit every once in a while in the draft. In recent memory 5 guys in round 1 were not worth the number 1 pick...Julius Jones...Felix Jones...Marcus Spears...Anthony Spencer...Dez Bryant...not to mention giving Detroit a number 1 and 2 other picks for that bust of a WR. If they Just kept those 6 picks and invested on the D line and O line this team would be so much more competitive...and he'd still have Romo, Witten, Austin and Murray. Tough time to be a Cowboy fan.

At least I got The Tigers to give me hope.

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    This explanation by Garrett is pitiful. How in the hell do you only send in 1 play call with 22 seconds left???

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8509864/jason-garrett-admits-mistakes-game-management-dallas-cowboys-loss
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    This explanation by Garrett is pitiful. How in the hell do you only send in 1 play call with 22 seconds left???

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8509864/jason-garrett-admits-mistakes-game-management-dallas-cowboys-loss

He had time management issues last year...he should be head coach only and play calling turned over to the offensive co-ordinator...but that's a Jerry thing...pitiful.

It's frustrating...

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

He had time management issues last year...he should be head coach only and play calling turned over to the offensive co-ordinator...but that's a Jerry thing...pitiful.

It's frustrating...

Yep, remember him icing his own kicker against Arizona last year? Brutal. I think he was a bad hire and should go but Jerry will probably keep him for at least 1 more year unless they completely bottom out this year. DeMarco Murray is also out indefinitely with ligament damage in his foot. :fp:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

It's frustrating...

Yep, remember him icing his own kicker against Arizona last year? Brutal. I think he was a bad hire and should go but Jerry will probably keep him for at least 1 more year unless they completely bottom out this year. DeMarco Murray is also out indefinitely with ligament damage in his foot. :fp:

I forgot about him icing his own kicker...

Do think they can get a real decent coach to come to Dallas with such a meddling owner?

I just wonder after the Parcell's deal if its still a top choice destination.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Do think they can get a real decent coach to come to Dallas with such a meddling owner?

I personally liked Parcell's even though he did get a few too many older players on the roster. I still think it will be a destination job because of the spotlight and media attention the Cowboys will always get. I think Gruden would consider it along with some other decent candidates, but if Jerry replaces him with just another yes man for him then it won't do any good.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I personally liked Parcell's even though he did get a few too many older players on the roster. I still think it will be a destination job because of the spotlight and media attention the Cowboys will always get. I think Gruden would consider it along with some other decent candidates, but if Jerry replaces him with just another yes man for him then it won't do any good.

That's just it...I have no idea who's out there as a head coach. If they only win 5-6 games I'm not so sure Garrett's back.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

That's just it...I have no idea who's out there as a head coach. If they only win 5-6 games I'm not so sure Garrett's back.

Unfortunately we're probably going to end up right in that 7-9 or 8-8 spot which will make Jerry think they are close. The good thing going for them is that the rest of the league is very up and down this year, nobody is really dominant. If they sneak in the playoffs I'd consider the season a success, I didn't have high expectations before the season started.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    8-8 might get us the playoffs...heck maybe even win the division :D

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Hartydog wrote:

I agree...unfortunately Jones can't figure out that he's the common denominator since 1995. In today's NFL you'll never win only hit every once in a while in the draft. In recent memory 5 guys in round 1 were not worth the number 1 pick...Julius Jones...Felix Jones...Marcus Spears...Anthony Spencer...Dez Bryant...not to mention giving Detroit a number 1 and 2 other picks for that bust of a WR. If they Just kept those 6 picks and invested on the D line and O line this team would be so much more competitive...and he'd still have Romo, Witten, Austin and Murray. Tough time to be a Cowboy fan.

At least I got The Tigers to give me hope.

when I think of the Quincy Carter pick I throw up a little in my mouth. 3 rounds too early.
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

Due to the media attention and spotlight you mentioned, Dallas is pretty much the premiere destination for every job you can hold with a franchise, other than coach I think. I'm sure just about every coach in the league would theoretically like to coach the Cowboys, but not under Jones. Coaches are control freaks, and ones that made it this far in their career are MAJOR control freaks, and there's nothing that pisses them off more than some guy meddling in their business and thinking they're a football genius just because they made enough money to buy an NFL team.

I don't think you're going to get a good coach until Jones is gone. He mainly (at least since Johnson and Switzer) hires "Yes Men" who will allow him to meddle in the team or cronies. And his working relationships with strong-willed coaches have not been great.
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

Due to the media attention and spotlight you mentioned, Dallas is pretty much the premiere destination for every job you can hold with a franchise, other than coach I think. I'm sure just about every coach in the league would theoretically like to coach the Cowboys, but not under Jones. Coaches are control freaks, and ones that made it this far in their career are MAJOR control freaks, and there's nothing that pisses them off more than some guy meddling in their business and thinking they're a football genius just because they made enough money to buy an NFL team.

I don't think you're going to get a good coach until Jones is gone. He mainly (at least since Johnson and Switzer) hires "Yes Men" who will allow him to meddle in the team or cronies. And his working relationships with strong-willed coaches have not been great.

Thats what I think. I find it hard to believe with Bill Cowher sitting out theree that jones didm't reach out to him in Wade Phillips last year...I know Jones has an agreement with Garrett, I just don't think Jones is that loyal to his staff. With that being said this team has way too many problems and coaching is just 1 of them.

Until they put together 3-4 consecutive years of solid drafting in which they get 3-4 starters in each draft and a couple role players this team will continue to be mediocre. I see nothing in the future that will dictate that will happen.

With that being said and what is seemingly so much parity in the NFL this team is a borderline playoff team...the problem is Romo doesn't seem to have the quick thinking ability for the NFL. We saw it at the end of the Baltimore game...he had to have known throwing a pass to Bryant there was a going nowhere, throw an incompletion at his feet, stop the clock, save the TO and try 1 more play to get some more yards...this guy will not lead a mediocre team to a SB victory...I also think Jones knows that as well, thats why he's trying to build a dominating defence.

• Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    The view of the Death Star from my office:

https://twitter.com/drivingrl/status/258221559410479105/photo/1/large

Stupid Jerry Jones and stupid Cowboys.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    drivingrl wrote:

not a cowboy fan ... ;)

• Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    lukin2006 wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:

not a cowboy fan ... ;)

:nono:
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"