Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Payton is coaching at a private school about a stones throw from me. I think he's O Coordinator or something like that, but I just heard today that they're already out of the playoffs. Which is weird, they usually have great teams, they poach kids from every school in the area for their teams and give them scholarships. Which is why I don't understand all the fallout over Deion Sanders' school, Liberty Christian has been doing the same thing for decades.

Well...Jerry can cross Payton off the list :P.

I heard he was coaching his sons team. I really think Payton's a possibility.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Payton is coaching at a private school about a stones throw from me. I think he's O Coordinator or something like that, but I just heard today that they're already out of the playoffs. Which is weird, they usually have great teams, they poach kids from every school in the area for their teams and give them scholarships. Which is why I don't understand all the fallout over Deion Sanders' school, Liberty Christian has been doing the same thing for decades.

Well...Jerry can cross Payton off the list :P.

I heard he was coaching his sons team. I really think Payton's a possibility.

Yeah, his son goes to Liberty Christian.

Wasn't there some kind of controversy about Jones saying something about Payton prior to or after the Super Bowl when New Orleans won? I can't remember what it was, and a Google search only turns up speculation about Payton taking the Cowboys job.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Team is just dreadful and noone is to blame but jerry. We all can blame romo, the headcoach/oc or whoever else, but the main problem has and always been jerry. Everyday that passes I wish Jerry would realize he is the problem. He needs to go out and throw money at Sean Payton and draft McCarron. Knowing Jerry he would go out and draft Klein considering he loves those southern "it" players :fp:.

Spot on about Jerry. I'd like to see McCarron in a Cowboy uniform, then hire Sean Patton to work with him. Romo has to go though...to many drives of his end with field goals.
    yes agreed. I feel everyone has to go. clean house and let Peyton rebuild this whole team. Peyton shoulda never been let go in the first place. another Jerry genius move :fp:.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Team is just dreadful and noone is to blame but jerry. We all can blame romo, the headcoach/oc or whoever else, but the main problem has and always been jerry. Everyday that passes I wish Jerry would realize he is the problem. He needs to go out and throw money at Sean Payton and draft McCarron. Knowing Jerry he would go out and draft Klein considering he loves those southern "it" players :fp:.
    No....he would draft the QB from Arkansas...who was mentioned as a NFL prospect until he got concussed early on as his team/program went completely into the tank...loves to reach for players from his Alma mater....see Felix Jones.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Spot on about Jerry. I'd like to see McCarron in a Cowboy uniform, then hire Sean Patton to work with him. Romo has to go though...to many drives of his end with field goals.
    yes agreed. I feel everyone has to go. clean house and let Peyton rebuild this whole team. Peyton shoulda never been let go in the first place. another Jerry genius move :fp:.

yup agree...clean house...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    tybird wrote:
    No....he would draft the QB from Arkansas...who was mentioned as a NFL prospect until he got concussed early on as his team/program went completely into the tank...loves to reach for players from his Alma mater....see Felix Jones.

As much as I'd love a QB drafted, Romo released and Orton to take over for at least a year...none of that will likely happen...unfortunately...I think Jerry's a numbers guy...he see's Romo numbers match up pretty good with most of the league. The numbers that don't match - up with the elite QB's are playoff wins...and at the end of the days thats the only success that matters.

• Options
    I'll be watching...just don't see the Cowboys winning this one.

• Options
    Watching this Dallas Cowboys offense is just painful and torture... :fp: :fp:

• Options
    I'm not watching it, but I saw that Vick went out and Foles is in. How's he doing?
  • Options
    I'm not watching it, but I saw that Vick went out and Foles is in. How's he doing?

He just completed a 50 plus pass for a TD...Macklin was wide open in the...no idea how he was that wide open.

Really don't care if cowboys win another game...figure the worse the season gets the more likely Garrett's gone.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

He just completed a 50 plus pass for a TD...Macklin was wide open in the...no idea how he was that wide open.

Really don't care if cowboys win another game...figure the worse the season gets the more likely Garrett's gone.

Well, given the state of the NFC East, the Cowboys still have a pretty good shot at winning the division, especially after what NYG have done the past two weeks. But the Giants always seem to pull their head out of their ass near the end of the season. If you had told me last year that any team in the NFC East would make any noise in the playoffs, much less win the Super Bowl, I would have laughed you out of the room. So you never know.
  • Options
    I just watched one series, the one that ended in the Philly FG. Foles looks very good, but the rest of the team and coaches all appear to be the same clusterfuck they've been all season. The Cowboys should be beating these guys.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Wow, that last play is what makes Romo valuable, escaped 4 people to avoid the sack. He'll probably now follow that up with an INT :fp:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Wow, terrible call. But Dallas would have scored anyway probably after the interference call.
  • Options
    Wow, terrible call. But Dallas would have scored anyway probably after the interference call.

I agree...

• Options
    Wow that was 2 quick scores by the cowboys...

• Options
    Finally they have the lead. They should be able to close this out now going against Foles at QB. If not then they deserve to lose.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Wow those were 3 fast TD's...secret for this team to score is keep the offense on the bench :lol::lol::lol:.

• Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    well, somebody had to win this game...
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    well, somebody had to win this game...

It's not over yet ... :lol:

• Options
    And there we go, I was going to say I would be surprised if he doesn't throw an INT before this game is over. Nice!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Somehow the Cowboys are still in the hunt for a playoff spot and even the division title...thanks to a week NFC :lol:. Well they do have a light second half schedule...they need to go 5-2.

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Somehow the Cowboys are still in the hunt for a playoff spot and even the division title...thanks to a week NFC :lol:. Well they do have a light second half schedule...they need to go 5-2.

maybe they'll shock us and go 5-2, doubt it though. wish this team could play like this every week. so frustrating to watch. what's everyone thoughts on chip kelly possibly being the next HC of this team? rumor has it a few teams are interested in him and i have a feeling jerry is one of those teams.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

maybe they'll shock us and go 5-2, doubt it though. wish this team could play like this every week. so frustrating to watch. what's everyone thoughts on chip kelly possibly being the next HC of this team? rumor has it a few teams are interested in him and i have a feeling jerry is one of those teams.

College coach's very seldom succeed in the NFL...I know Jimmy did (Switzer won a SB, that was Jimmy's team). I'm not a big fan of Garrett, but unless they can get Sean Peyton then I'd much prefer him hand over the play calling to the OC...it would stand to reason that a coach can get overwhelmed calling plays, trying to manage the clock etc..

As far as going 5-2...it's possible...but this offence is struggling right, yesterday they only scored 14 points, 21 came off sp teams and defence.

So if they go 5-2 it might be because of the D.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

College coach's very seldom succeed in the NFL...I know Jimmy did (Switzer won a SB, that was Jimmy's team). I'm not a big fan of Garrett, but unless they can get Sean Peyton then I'd much prefer him hand over the play calling to the OC...it would stand to reason that a coach can get overwhelmed calling plays, trying to manage the clock etc..

As far as going 5-2...it's possible...but this offence is struggling right, yesterday they only scored 14 points, 21 came off sp teams and defence.

If they get DeMarco Murray back it would help but also the pass blocking yesterday was horrible. The first half of their schedule was very tough so it does get a lot easier for them now. But I still don't think they'll get ahead of the Giants in the standings. Based on the way this year has gone it will look like they are going to win the division and then blow it in week 17. Somehow I'll still get sucked into believing that they can make the playoffs :lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

If they get DeMarco Murray back it would help but also the pass blocking yesterday was horrible. The first half of their schedule was very tough so it does get a lot easier for them now. But I still don't think they'll get ahead of the Giants in the standings. Based on the way this year has gone it will look like they are going to win the division and then blow it in week 17. Somehow I'll still get sucked into believing that they can make the playoffs :lol:

Bill Cowher believes they'll win the division :lol::lol::lol:. Giants play at Atlanta, at Baltimore, New Orleans plus Green Bay and NO...so if Dallas wins next week they'll be a game back...

But your right...they'll probably lose the division on week 17.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

The problem is that you don't get to play a team every week that is in a tail spin of historic proportions with a rookie backup QB taking his first ever NFL snap. After last week's MNF game I was surprised Philly even put a team on the field, even more surprised they still had their head coach. Yesterday was their 5th straight loss, so everybody is playing well against them. At the same time though, I think Foles is the only reason Philly was competitive yesterday, Vick is in the "given up" column, and Foles had something to prove, but he also made some rookie mistakes. If Vick hadn't gotten that concussion, I think Dallas would have blown them out.

They do have a pretty good shot at winning the division, depending on whether or not New York snaps out of it. Pittsburgh is the only difficult challenge. The Saints could either be great or terrible, depending on which team shows up, though I think they're snapping out of the shock of the suspensions. The Bengals could give you a challenge, once again depending on which team shows up, they can sometimes be a pretty good team. Looking at the Giants schedule, they have a tougher road, Green Bay, Baltimore, Atlanta (I can't really tell how good they are though) and they also have New Orleans coming up.

Dallas is a little too inconsistent to make any noise in the playoffs if you ask me though. And I think it's one of those "be careful what you wish for" things, because if they do win the division Jerry will have no incentive to make some changes he needs to, like head coach for example. How do you fire somebody who wins you the division? I mean, you can, but I don't think Jerry will.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

The problem is that you don't get to play a team every week that is in a tail spin of historic proportions with a rookie backup QB taking his first ever NFL snap. After last week's MNF game I was surprised Philly even put a team on the field, even more surprised they still had their head coach. Yesterday was their 5th straight loss, so everybody is playing well against them. At the same time though, I think Foles is the only reason Philly was competitive yesterday, Vick is in the "given up" column, and Foles had something to prove, but he also made some rookie mistakes. If Vick hadn't gotten that concussion, I think Dallas would have blown them out.

They do have a pretty good shot at winning the division, depending on whether or not New York snaps out of it. Pittsburgh is the only difficult challenge. The Saints could either be great or terrible, depending on which team shows up, though I think they're snapping out of the shock of the suspensions. The Bengals could give you a challenge, once again depending on which team shows up, they can sometimes be a pretty good team. Looking at the Giants schedule, they have a tougher road, Green Bay, Baltimore, Atlanta (I can't really tell how good they are though) and they also have New Orleans coming up.

Dallas is a little too inconsistent to make any noise in the playoffs if you ask me though. And I think it's one of those "be careful what you wish for" things, because if they do win the division Jerry will have no incentive to make some changes he needs to, like head coach for example. How do you fire somebody who wins you the division? I mean, you can, but I don't think Jerry will.

I'm still not so sure they'll win the division...not even convinced they'll go 5-2...even though they scored 38 points, 21 of those points were scored by the D and special teams...the performance of the offence has to be a concern.

I have never been convinced that Garrett ultimately would be gone this year unless the team completely melts down...and I don't see that happening...there is no quit in this team. I just think that Jerry afraid if he gives up on Garett then he'll go off and become the next sean peyton for another team.

There is also a time when the players have to step up and perform...there are plenty of examples in games they lost where guys are just making mistakes that cost them games. The end of the Giants game...if Bryant had just kept both hands on the ball...game over Dallas wins...the game against Atlanta the D couldn't get off the field at the end of the game...ultimately guys have to also start making plays.

That's whats so frustrating about this team...they beat themselves so often...so many penalties, dropped passes, turn overs and the list is endless... :fp: :fp: :fp:

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I have never been convinced that Garrett ultimately would be gone this year unless the team completely melts down...and I don't see that happening...there is no quit in this team.

I kind of hate to say this, because it's so played out, but never underestimate the power of December on the Cowboys. Normally I don't buy into the sports media trying to apply lessons of the past on teams of the present. I don't care if no team has never came back from X amount of games down in the Cup Finals or whatever, this isn't the 1946 whoever's. And I never pay that much attention to the December talk, but then it happens. But then last year when they lost to the 4-7 Cardinals and slid out of contention, I was like "no way".

I would have thought all of that talk would have stopped when Dallas not only made the playoffs, but won a playoff game. But the sports media love their cliches, and they wouldn't let it die that easily. I think in a way all that talk might get in some player's heads, and it sort of becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I tend to blame more practical things, like management, coaching, roster than some magical December curse. Or just coincidence. But last year I couldn't believe it when it happened. Athletes are a strange breed, and things like that can get in their head when the media is repeating it ad nauseum.

I'd like to see Dallas finish strong (though I obviously don't want them to win the Super Bowl), for no other reason than to shut up the stupid December Collapse talk, as if it were a real thing and not just coincidence or a practical matter. I wonder how many times Dallas would have to make the playoffs to cut that out? The way these people cling to their cliches I think they'll probably have to win a Super Bowl.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I have never been convinced that Garrett ultimately would be gone this year unless the team completely melts down...and I don't see that happening...there is no quit in this team.

I kind of hate to say this, because it's so played out, but never underestimate the power of December on the Cowboys. Normally I don't buy into the sports media trying to apply lessons of the past on teams of the present. I don't care if no team has never came back from X amount of games down in the Cup Finals or whatever, this isn't the 1946 whoever's. And I never pay that much attention to the December talk, but then it happens. But then last year when they lost to the 4-7 Cardinals and slid out of contention, I was like "no way".

I would have thought all of that talk would have stopped when Dallas not only made the playoffs, but won a playoff game. But the sports media love their cliches, and they wouldn't let it die that easily. I think in a way all that talk might get in some player's heads, and it sort of becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I tend to blame more practical things, like management, coaching, roster than some magical December curse. Or just coincidence. But last year I couldn't believe it when it happened. Athletes are a strange breed, and things like that can get in their head when the media is repeating it ad nauseum.

I'd like to see Dallas finish strong (though I obviously don't want them to win the Super Bowl), for no other reason than to shut up the stupid December Collapse talk, as if it were a real thing and not just coincidence or a practical matter. I wonder how many times Dallas would have to make the playoffs to cut that out? The way these people cling to their cliches I think they'll probably have to win a Super Bowl.
    I was going to bring up that December thing, but I think they may do better this year. Winning the division is questionable though.
    #FHP