Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    2 biggest mistakes of first half were made by 2 overpaid undrafted free agents. Romo hits wide open Austin in end zone...7 points, Austin doesn't fumble at least 10-0 lead.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Wow, these refs REALLY handed Dallas this game. The last 2.5 minutes of this game were strange to say the least. Oh well, Carolina is only 1-4, they're not going anywhere, so Dallas might as well have one. But when the refs have to hold your hand in order to beat a 1-4 team, I don't think that team is going anywhere either.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Wow, these refs REALLY handed Dallas this game. The last 2.5 minutes of this game were strange to say the least. Oh well, Carolina is only 1-4, they're not going anywhere, so Dallas might as well have one. But when the refs have to hold your hand in order to beat a 1-4 team, I don't think that team is going anywhere either.

I agree..not very good calls...that personal foul penalty was really bad call.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    edited October 2012
    The cowboys got the win...still the offense does not look very good.

Yet as inconstant and as bad as they've been they got a shot have 3 losses with everyone in the division.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Also, I didn't see when the timeout was called (I don't think they showed it) but the commentators didn't seem to think Dallas got that timeout in.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Also, I didn't see when the timeout was called (I don't think they showed it) but the commentators didn't seem to think Dallas got that timeout in.

Unless the announcer are watching the sideline...I doubt they know...most likely came from coaches...I always find whenever Moose and Troy do Cowboy games they try hard to be impartial it almost seems like they are homers for Cowboy opponents...just my impressions.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Unless the announcer are watching the sideline...I doubt they know...most likely came from coaches...I always find whenever Moose and Troy do Cowboy games they try hard to be impartial it almost seems like they are homers for Cowboy opponents...just my impressions.

Was that Moose? I didn't know who it was, I knew it wasn't Troy, I recognize his voice. It's possible they saw the timeout called. Those guys have multiple monitors and views. They always see stuff we don't, but I'm guessing there wasn't a camera on whoever called it, or they would have showed it in replay. So I'm guessing somebody besides Garrett called it, because there are always cameras on the head coaches.

Troy does seem to be anti-Cowboys a lot. I don't know if it's like you said and he's just trying to be impartial, or if he wants to be the last Cowboy QB to win a Super Bowl, FOREVER. Other times he seems like he loves his old team and he's just frustrated with how they've fared since his departure.

I hated him as a player, but I really like him as a commentator. He knows his shit.

And his chicken wings
    troy-aikman-okie-blonde.jpg

Funny story, in middle school my nickname was Moose because one of my teachers thought I looked like Daryl, only I wasn't built like a brick shithouse.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Was that Moose? I didn't know who it was, I knew it wasn't Troy, I recognize his voice. It's possible they saw the timeout called. Those guys have multiple monitors and views. They always see stuff we don't, but I'm guessing there wasn't a camera on whoever called it, or they would have showed it in replay. So I'm guessing somebody besides Garrett called it, because there are always cameras on the head coaches.

Troy does seem to be anti-Cowboys a lot. I don't know if it's like you said and he's just trying to be impartial, or if he wants to be the last Cowboy QB to win a Super Bowl, FOREVER. Other times he seems like he loves his old team and he's just frustrated with how they've fared since his departure.

I hated him as a player, but I really like him as a commentator. He knows his shit.

And his chicken wings
    troy-aikman-okie-blonde.jpg

Funny story, in middle school my nickname was Moose because one of my teachers thought I looked like Daryl, only I wasn't built like a brick shithouse.

Yeah that was Moose...I like both as announcers, I just think they really try hard not to be seen as Cowboy homers...which is fine, and probably why they are Fox's number 1 and 2 broadcast team. I know Troy still lives in Dallas and I've heard reporters mention him at the Dallas practice facility during the week.

He could be very well the last Cowboy to win a SB if the Jones's don't hire someone to be a GM :lol:.

Too bad you couldn't have parlayed them calling you moose into $$$$ like Daryl.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Or at least a date with his wife

daryl_johnston

I'd parlay the shit out of that
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

daryl_johnston

WOW!! He did alright.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

daryl_johnston

WOW!! He did alright.

Yeah, and the march of time plus cranking out 2 kids have not slowed down her hotness. That picture is like 14-15 years old, this one isn't.

Daryl-and-Diane-Johnston-1-IMG_0377.jpg

Anyways, I guess he did alright as a commentator, I normally don't pay all that much attention. Unless they say something really stupid, or just drone on and on about something kind of stupid. But I didn't hear anything too terrible today.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

He will be missed...but the only reason he'll be miss so much is this team has constant horrible drafts. I did think Dan Conner played well and thats why he was signed.

• Options
    Sources: Sean Lee to have surgery

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... oe-surgery

It's official Lee out...this team was going nowhere...they looked terrible in beating a not very good Carolina.

• Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Sources: Sean Lee to have surgery

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... oe-surgery

It's official Lee out...this team was going nowhere...they looked terrible in beating a not very good Carolina.

If the team is going nowhere, why talk about them? You mention how terrible they are in just about every post. We get it. Thanks for the opinion. A little bit of optimism every now and then won't hurt :)
  • Options
    I just don't have time for it and won't bother posting in this thread anymore.

Well this didn't last long...so who's the hypocrite. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And by the way people are free to post positive and negative thoughts on the Cowboys...bottom line is you like so many other buy the marketing bullshit of their owner every year, this team is so over rated, yet he gets people convinced they are championship calibre. Bottom line is on offence he has 1 truly championship player (Witten).

On defence he has maybe 3...

Did you watch the game last Sunday...Romo overthrows wide open Austin for 7, Austin fumbles big pass gain, this is likely what happens when 2 of your bigger stars are undrafted free agents...this team is not getting better under Garrett...not even close.

So maybe you should look for a Cowboy message board where all the fans look at the team through rose coloured glasses. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was also critical of the Detroit Tigers at times this season, and their in the WS...the difference is they have 2 of the best baseball players in the world...and their owner doesn't need to hype things up.

Thats what sports fans do...we love to critique our teams.

• Options
    lukin, you didn't know that to be a Cowboy fan you had to drink the Cowboy Kool-Aid and blow sunshine up Jerry's ass every day?
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Just try to be more positive until the season has played out, that's all. I don't think the Cowboys are that great, but they are getting better and they are 1 win away from being tied for the division lead. You would think they were 0-6 the way you put them down. Being a sports fan always involves taking the good and the bad and standing by your team when they are bad. Have a good day, man :)
    lukin2006 wrote:

Well this didn't last long...so who's the hypocrite. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And by the way people are free to post positive and negative thoughts on the Cowboys...bottom line is you like so many other buy the marketing bullshit of their owner every year, this team is so over rated, yet he gets people convinced they are championship calibre. Bottom line is on offence he has 1 truly championship player (Witten).

Did you watch the game last Sunday...Romo overthrows wide open Austin for 7, Austin fumbles big pass gain, this is likely what happens when 2 of your bigger stars are undrafted free agents...this team is not getting better under Garrett...not even close.

So maybe you should look for a Cowboy message board where all the fans look at the team through rose coloured glasses. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was also critical of the Detroit Tigers at times this season, and their in the WS...the difference is they have 2 of the best baseball players in the world...and their owner doesn't need to hype things up.

• Options
    lukin, you didn't know that to be a Cowboy fan you had to drink the Cowboy Kool-Aid and blow sunshine up Jerry's ass every day?

I missed that part at the how to be a Good Obedient Cowboy Fan...though shall not question the wisdom of JJ. :lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    Just try to be more positive until the season has played out, that's all. I don't think the Cowboys are that great, but they are getting better and they are 1 win away from being tied for the division lead. You would think they were 0-6 the way you put them down. Being a sports fan always involves taking the good and the bad and standing by your team when they are bad. Have a good day, man :)
    lukin2006 wrote:

I have stood by them when their bad...They just no longer are getting a free pass from me...Jason is no a good head coach (he iced his own kicker), last Sunday he calls a running play on 3rd and 9 inside the 10 (seriously)...he doesn't trust his own QB, after 21/2 years he should not constantly be making these same mistakes. No need to get into their inept drafting.

• Options
    Tony Romo you suck :lol::lol::lol: :x

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Knowing the way these Cowboys are, after getting killed this week by the Giants they will go beat the Falcons next week :fp:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Knowing the way these Cowboys are, after getting killed this week by the Giants they will go beat the Falcons next week :fp:

I don't believe that anymore...they've taken on the personality of their head coach...which is emotionless.

How do you keep trotting Romo out their?

The sad part is part...take away the offense and the D has only really given up 3 points.

I'd like to think Orton wouldn't throw this many picks.

The thing is Jerry thinks this team is better than its showing...I doubt Jason will be there unless he rights the ship, which he won't, because like Romo and Bryant...all three should be in the arena league.

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    tommy.png
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    gmen were lock o the season
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    I have been there for every play this team isn't getting better thats whats so frustrating.
    but watch they get blown out today yet they will probably beat atlanta next week
    if they dont beat atlanta they will not make the playoffs the QB is sub par the o line is weak
    the defense is getting better but having to play the entire game no bodies defense can handle that load
    its all the owners fault yet in his eyes hes done nothing wrong nice guy i know first hand as i worked for him
    for a short time.
    theres still a lot of football left thats why you play until the final horn if they just fight and almost comeback in this game to win will be a moral victory and bet they beat atlanta next week if they do.
    romo has to stop playing scared thats the final straw he is looking far worse than the week b4 but there really aint no one out there to fill his shoes i would love to c anybody come in here and finish the season just to c how much better or worse they can do.
    until next time......
  • Options
    Don't worry, the Cowboys are going to win. It's almost automatic, whenever I want the Giants to win they play like scrubs, and when I want them to lose they suddenly are Super Bowl Champions. The only time I can think of that not happening was when they played the Cowboys last season.

As it stands right now, if the Giants do end up winning, the game ball is going to Romo. They can't seem to get much going on their own. And now that Romo appears to have snapped out of it (at least for now) the Giants are going to have to snap out of it in order to hang on and win.
  • Options
    jopetto75 wrote:
    I have been there for every play this team isn't getting better thats whats so frustrating.
    but watch they get blown out today yet they will probably beat atlanta next week
    if they dont beat atlanta they will not make the playoffs the QB is sub par the o line is weak
    the defense is getting better but having to play the entire game no bodies defense can handle that load
    its all the owners fault yet in his eyes hes done nothing wrong nice guy i know first hand as i worked for him
    for a short time.
    theres still a lot of football left thats why you play until the final horn if they just fight and almost comeback in this game to win will be a moral victory and bet they beat atlanta next week if they do.
    romo has to stop playing scared thats the final straw he is looking far worse than the week b4 but there really aint no one out there to fill his shoes i would love to c anybody come in here and finish the season just to c how much better or worse they can do.

They could try Kyle Orton?

• Options
    Don't worry, the Cowboys are going to win. It's almost automatic, whenever I want the Giants to win they play like scrubs, and when I want them to lose they suddenly are Super Bowl Champions. The only time I can think of that not happening was when they played the Cowboys last season.

As it stands right now, if the Giants do end up winning, the game ball is going to Romo. They can't seem to get much going on their own. And now that Romo appears to have snapped out of it (at least for now) the Giants are going to have to snap out of it in order to hang on and win.

If they take the 2nd half kickoff and score at 3 the it's only a 9 point deficit.

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    game not over...but giants aren't losing this game
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......