Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

never better my friend. you?

Can't complain. Golf season has been here for a couple weeks now and baseball season is nearly here. It's a beautiful time of year! :D
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Now the Cowboys have extra motivation...what Mara did was BS and the Cowboys should take this personal and should be plenty motivated for this game. It just sucks because I really feel that that cap penalty cost the Robinson. I really hope that cap penalty motivates them and they play with a huge chip on their shoulder and ruin the Giants party.
    hopefully motivated enough to pummel the giants big time and send a message to them. it did cost the Cowboys Robinson, but if Michael Floyd is still on the board i think JJ would be hard pressed to pass up on a talent like that.

They could use his punt return abilities for sure...probably be gone by the time the Cowboys pick...Jerry has pretty much said they are selecting Defense...I my self would rather see a another tackle selected in round 1` or a defensive lineman not a corner back. If Spencer was a more consistent pass rusher the deficiencies in the secondary wouldn't be so much a concern...still baffles me that Spencer doesn't get far more sacks than he does...in round 2 I would really like a center drafted...Costa was bad last year and really can't see him starting this year. This team still has far too many holes...fix the offensive line this year and then next draft Romo's replacement...but Jerry will sign him to an extension :P.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Now the Cowboys have extra motivation...what Mara did was BS and the Cowboys should take this personal and should be plenty motivated for this game. It just sucks because I really feel that that cap penalty cost the Robinson. I really hope that cap penalty motivates them and they play with a huge chip on their shoulder and ruin the Giants party.
    hopefully motivated enough to pummel the giants big time and send a message to them. it did cost the Cowboys Robinson, but if Michael Floyd is still on the board i think JJ would be hard pressed to pass up on a talent like that.

They could use his punt return abilities for sure...probably be gone by the time the Cowboys pick...Jerry has pretty much said they are selecting Defense...I my self would rather see a another tackle selected in round 1` or a defensive lineman not a corner back. If Spencer was a more consistent pass rusher the deficiencies in the secondary wouldn't be so much a concern...still baffles me that Spencer doesn't get far more sacks than he does...in round 2 I would really like a center drafted...Costa was bad last year and really can't see him starting this year. This team still has far too many holes...fix the offensive line this year and then next draft Romo's replacement...but Jerry will sign him to an extension :P.

Beast! http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1717351

Not sure he'll be there at 14 but I agree with going defense in the first round. We need some young, athletic dudes on the D side for sure. However, who knows what Jerry is really thinking. I wish he would shut up about the draft. What other teams either tell or attempt to tell everyone what the hell they are doing on draft day?!
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I'm just glad we don't have to watch Terrence Newman chasing people around all day anymore.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    I'm just glad we don't have to watch Terrence Newman chasing people around all day anymore.

he was brutal last year...hopefully his replacement is an upgrade.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Am I crazy for being cautiously optimistic? Somewhere around 11-5? Don't like the early bye again, so hopefully they can stay healthy.

Week 1: Wednesday, Sept. 5, at NY Giants, 8:30 PM
    Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 16, at Seattle, 4:05 PM
    Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 23, Tampa Bay, 1:00 PM
    Week 4: Monday, Oct. 1, Chicago, 8:30 PM
    Week 5: BYE
    Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 14, at Baltimore, 1:00 PM
    Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 21, at Carolina, 1:00 PM
    Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 28, NY Giants, 4:15 PM
    Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 4, at Atlanta, 8:20 PM
    Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 11, at Philadelphia, 4:15 PM
    Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 18, Cleveland, 1:00 PM
    Week 12: Thursday, Nov. 22, Washington, 4:15 PM
    Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 2, Philadelphia, 8:20 PM
    Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 9, at Cincinnati, 1:00 PM
    Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 16, Pittsburgh, 4:15 PM
    Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 23, New Orleans, 1:00 PM
    Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 30, at Washington, 1:00 PM
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Am I crazy for being cautiously optimistic? Somewhere around 11-5? Don't like the early bye again, so hopefully they can stay healthy.

Week 1: Wednesday, Sept. 5, at NY Giants, 8:30 PM
    Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 16, at Seattle, 4:05 PM
    Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 23, Tampa Bay, 1:00 PM
    Week 4: Monday, Oct. 1, Chicago, 8:30 PM
    Week 5: BYE
    Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 14, at Baltimore, 1:00 PM
    Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 21, at Carolina, 1:00 PM
    Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 28, NY Giants, 4:15 PM
    Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 4, at Atlanta, 8:20 PM
    Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 11, at Philadelphia, 4:15 PM
    Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 18, Cleveland, 1:00 PM
    Week 12: Thursday, Nov. 22, Washington, 4:15 PM
    Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 2, Philadelphia, 8:20 PM
    Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 9, at Cincinnati, 1:00 PM
    Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 16, Pittsburgh, 4:15 PM
    Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 23, New Orleans, 1:00 PM
    Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 30, at Washington, 1:00 PM

Unfortunately I see them at 8-8...maybe 9-7...but if the D plays better this year than last maybe 11-5.

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Early bye bothers me and I hope JJ goes defensive heavy. Since it looks like Barron will be gone by 14, would y'all take a cb like kirkpatrick or trade back and collect more picks and draft S Harrison Smith?
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Sweet, it looks like the Cowboys are trading up to take Claiborne! Finally some defensive help.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Sweet, it looks like the Cowboys are trading up to take Claiborne! Finally some defensive help.

Yeah, that was a great pickup and should help the D. Dude is a ballhawk!
  • Options
    LOVE THE PICK A LOT

• Options
    LOVE THE PICK A LOT

Best defensive player in the draft and no off field problems for a change.
  • Options
    Nice pick!!!
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    LOVE THE PICK A LOT

very true and for a change JJ didn't have to give up lota picks. I hope JJ drafts a Safety, offensive line, rb and te with the remaining picks. I'll be really happy if that happens.

• Options
    Cowboys shopping Mike Jenkins. $1 million base salary for upcoming year.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    LOVE THE PICK A LOT

He's a complete moron though, but he should fit in great with those attributes in Dallas.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... ref=sircrc
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    LOVE THE PICK A LOT

He's a complete moron though, but he should fit in great with those attributes in Dallas.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... ref=sircrc

It's must be nice to be able to judge someone's intelligence based off an internet news story...you have quite the talent their. Either way he must be doing something right...he's about to be wealthier than most could ever imagine.

• Options
    I like the pick...I would have also liked Mark Baron...he would have solved a good amount of problems as well.

We'll see how how it goes...I doubt they'll get much for Jenkins...no higher than a 5th pick I'll bet.

• Options
    Now they need an safety, OL, RB and still think they need a bigger body along the D line and move Ratliff outside. Jerry doesn't have a strong track record in the later rounds.

• Options
    Why is everyone giving him a hard time about that test. He clearly just didn't even take it. And that is supposed to be an indicator of his intelligence how? Because he didn't want to waste his time on a meaningless activity? I actually applaud him for that.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Flagg wrote:
    Why is everyone giving him a hard time about that test. He clearly just didn't even take it. And that is supposed to be an indicator of his intelligence how? Because he didn't want to waste his time on a meaningless activity? I actually applaud him for that.
    He claims that he only answered a few questions before tossing it aside....said he was in Indy for football business, and there were no football questions on the test.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Ya know what, fuck some stupid iq test that has NOTHING to do with football at all. Good for him for not taking it. I wish more players were like him.

I really don't get why JJ is shopping Jenkins. I feel he'd be a good depth corner and it be one less hole JJ has to fill.

I'd like to go Oline, RB, Safety, LB, WR who can fill the return game, DE

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I'm not sure that the Jones boys would do real well on the Wonderlic test.... :lol::lol:;) :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    So far the experts like the Cowboys first 2 selections...whats going on?

• Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    tybird wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    He claims that he only answered a few questions before tossing it aside....said he was in Indy for football business, and there were no football questions on the test.

Have you seen that Wonderlic Test? Somebody had a thread here a few weeks ago where you could take it yourself. Why they have players take that stupid test I have no idea. I think it's just there to give the talking heads at ESPN something to talk about to fill the time during their non-stop draft coverage. Nothing about that test translates to on-field ability or understanding the concepts of the game.

In high school some of the best players we had, both in ability and football smarts, were also ones who had a hard time keeping their grades up, for whatever reason. I'm not saying you have to be an idiot to be a good football player, but you don't have to be a genius either. It's possible for somebody to wrap their minds completely around the concepts of football and have a hard time with number patterns and word problems. Just like it's possible for somebody to be proficient in languages or numbers, and be lacking in other areas of education. The Wonderlic is bullshit, like almost any IQ test.

Seems to me the discussion isn't even about his intelligence, the guy just tossed it aside out of defiance. Which might be more what the Cowboys should look at. If anything stubbornness or failure to follow instructions might be his problem, but I couldn't give two shits about a Wonderlic score.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

Have you seen that Wonderlic Test? Somebody had a thread here a few weeks ago where you could take it yourself. Why they have players take that stupid test I have no idea. I think it's just there to give the talking heads at ESPN something to talk about to fill the time during their non-stop draft coverage. Nothing about that test translates to on-field ability or understanding the concepts of the game.

In high school some of the best players we had, both in ability and football smarts, were also ones who had a hard time keeping their grades up, for whatever reason. I'm not saying you have to be an idiot to be a good football player, but you don't have to be a genius either. It's possible for somebody to wrap their minds completely around the concepts of football and have a hard time with number patterns and word problems. Just like it's possible for somebody to be proficient in languages or numbers, and be lacking in other areas of education. The Wonderlic is bullshit, like almost any IQ test.

Seems to me the discussion isn't even about his intelligence, the guy just tossed it aside out of defiance. Which might be more what the Cowboys should look at. If anything stubbornness or failure to follow instructions might be his problem, but I couldn't give two shits about a Wonderlic score.

Everything I've read states the Cowboys got themselves a hardworking football player with good attitude...now it just has to stay that way.

• Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Everything I've read states the Cowboys got themselves a hardworking football player with good attitude...now it just has to stay that way.

That could very well be. My point was just that his decision to push the test aside probably says more about him than whatever his score would have been had he taken it. Could be a good thing, like in Miracle when Jim Craig refused to take Herb Brooks test, though I'm not sure if that part was true or dramatic license. My dislike of the Cowboys is well documented, but I'm not going to use the stupid Wonderlic test as ammo to bash a guy. It's a pointless test.

Fun Fact: Highest Wonderlic test score was Pat McInally, who is the only player to get a perfect score. And we all know who he is right? :?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Is JJ or Stephen Jones running the draft? I have mad love for this draft, holy shit.

• Options
    Is JJ or Stephen Jones running the draft? I have mad love for this draft, holy shit.

I think their in the room...but I think Jason Garrett has the final say...or at least he should...or why did he take the job? I think other teams would have hired him after inheriting a team not playing well to being really competive by the end of his first season. Last years draft was pretty good as well.

• Options
    Crawford is from my area...good going.

Duff: Cowboys pick Windsor's Crawford

Canadian defensive end goes 81st overall in the NFL draft

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Duf ... z1tNvmcHDs