Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    It's funny, we just discussed the fact that the Cowboys need a leader.

This should make you laugh even though it's sad:

Cowboys defensive end Jason Hatcher provided an interesting answer to a question Friday morning on KESN-FM 103.3 when he was asked, "Who are the leaders on the Dallas Cowboys?"

"Uh, dude, I got to be honest with you. That's a good question. That's a good question," Hatcher said. "I really don't know, man."

Hall of Fame cornerback Deion Sanders, who was co-hosting the show, cut in and said, "That's a heck of an answer."

Then Hatcher continued.

"Yeah, I really don't know. That's another thing we really need," Hatcher said. "We need like a Ray Lewis. We don't have that. We have talent and everything we need, but if we get like a Ray Lewis, everybody buys into him. When Ray Lewis speaks everybody listens to him, a guy like that. You really don't got that. I think we definitely need somebody like that."

Hatcher's answer might help explain how a Cowboys team that has talent on both sides of the ball could finish 8-8 last season despite playing one of the easiest schedules in the NFL.
    Hatcher went on to say that the Cowboys would be more accountable if they had an outspoken leader such as Lewis.

"You have to have somebody who will hold you accountable and with a leader like that, everybody is held accountable, guys aren't doing their own thing here or there. Everybody is going in one direction," Hatcher said. "Once you have that, you'll be good. We're still looking for it."
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    crazypjfan wrote:
    It's funny, we just discussed the fact that the Cowboys need a leader.

This should make you laugh even though it's sad:

Cowboys defensive end Jason Hatcher provided an interesting answer to a question Friday morning on KESN-FM 103.3 when he was asked, "Who are the leaders on the Dallas Cowboys?"

"Uh, dude, I got to be honest with you. That's a good question. That's a good question," Hatcher said. "I really don't know, man."

Hall of Fame cornerback Deion Sanders, who was co-hosting the show, cut in and said, "That's a heck of an answer."

Then Hatcher continued.

"Yeah, I really don't know. That's another thing we really need," Hatcher said. "We need like a Ray Lewis. We don't have that. We have talent and everything we need, but if we get like a Ray Lewis, everybody buys into him. When Ray Lewis speaks everybody listens to him, a guy like that. You really don't got that. I think we definitely need somebody like that."

Hatcher's answer might help explain how a Cowboys team that has talent on both sides of the ball could finish 8-8 last season despite playing one of the easiest schedules in the NFL.
    Hatcher went on to say that the Cowboys would be more accountable if they had an outspoken leader such as Lewis.

"You have to have somebody who will hold you accountable and with a leader like that, everybody is held accountable, guys aren't doing their own thing here or there. Everybody is going in one direction," Hatcher said. "Once you have that, you'll be good. We're still looking for it."
    Yup...that explains a great deal.....sadly
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:

I'll tell you what...give me the veterans minimum and I'll be their leader! Sounds like they need more motivation then the millions of dollars they make every season :roll:

Ray Lewis would be nice though!
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    crazypjfan wrote:
    tybird wrote:

I'll tell you what...give me the veterans minimum and I'll be their leader! Sounds like they need more motivation then the millions of dollars they make every season :roll:

Ray Lewis would be nice though!
    Too bad Ray will retire as a Raven
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Orton to Cowboys. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... yle-orton/

Let's get this Carr deal done already!!
  • Options
    Carr done! I think this is an excellent signing and a nice upgrade over Newman. So far, things are looking up. Connor and some D line help would be nice as well as o line and keeping Robinson.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... ources-say
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Dallas Cowboys 2012: Free-Agency Haul Shows Commitment to Getting Things Right

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1108 ... ings-right

Could Erik Walden return to the Cowboys?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/ ... he-cowboys

Cowboys, Redskins exploring all options

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... l-options/

I really like whats been done so far...in need of a 3rd WR and PR/KR upgrade. We'll see how it all plays out.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... on-monday/

I hope Mara gets what he deserves for this one. What a douche! Cowboys and Skins did nothing wrong so this should be fun to watch Jones finally win something :lol:
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/26/jerry-jones-promises-to-address-grievance-on-monday/

I hope Mara gets what he deserves for this one. What a douche! Cowboys and Skins did nothing wrong so this should be fun to watch Jones finally win something :lol:

possible collusion...

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu ... oys_032212
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    I'm not really so sure the cowboys or skins did anything wrong...but I'm pretty sure for a huge rival like the Giants to be involved in determining that is a conflict of interest...and for Marra to comment on the situation is wrong.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I'm not really so sure the cowboys or skins did anything wrong...but I'm pretty sure for a huge rival like the Giants to be involved in determining that is a conflict of interest...and for Marra to comment on the situation is wrong.

The funny thing is that everyone knows its wrong except him! I know if they cowboys were in the wrong, all the assholes would be flocking to this thread :)
  • Options
    No doubt they need a leader...maybe Sean Lee?

• Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

The funny thing is that everyone knows its wrong except him! I know if they cowboys were in the wrong, all the assholes would be flocking to this thread :)

I agree they would be...Jones and Snyder should just sue them.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    No doubt they need a leader...maybe Sean Lee?

I'm hoping he steps up! Seems like he could be a great leader, both on and off the field. Guy has some serious heart! I hope Dan Connor brings more of the same this year. Also, Bruce Carter should be fun to watch in his first full year.

Overall, I'm happy with what the Boys have done so far. I think Jerry is letting Garrett have more say than people think, which is great. Looking forward to the draft and rounding out the roster. Should be fun!
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree they would be...Jones and Snyder should just sue them.

Yes and maybe remove Mara from the CEC or strip him of some draft picks or cap space :)
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I'm not sure what to think about the whole thing. Did the Cowboys and Redskins do exactly what they were told not to do? Yes. But I don't think it's THAT big of a deal. Especially not in the same period of time that we have the Saints scandal and cover-up. If it were that big of a deal they would have put something in writing instead of just making some sort of gentlemen's agreement. Jerry Jones is clearly not a gentlemen, so if you want him to not do something, you have to put something in writing and make it official. If it were just the Redskins, I think the ruling would stick, but with the Cowboys involved and all the pull Jones has, I think this whole thing is going to be overturned.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    I'm not sure what to think about the whole thing. Did the Cowboys and Redskins do exactly what they were told not to do? Yes. But I don't think it's THAT big of a deal. Especially not in the same period of time that we have the Saints scandal and cover-up. If it were that big of a deal they would have put something in writing instead of just making some sort of gentlemen's agreement. Jerry Jones is clearly not a gentlemen, so if you want him to not do something, you have to put something in writing and make it official. If it were just the Redskins, I think the ruling would stick, but with the Cowboys involved and all the pull Jones has, I think this whole thing is going to be overturned.

It really isn't that big of a deal. YET! This can have a huge effect on the league if it gets messy. You don't want to mess with Jerry when it comes to money! So, who is a gentleman? John Mara? :lol:
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    crazypjfan wrote:

It really isn't that big of a deal. YET! This can have a huge effect on the league if it gets messy. You don't want to mess with Jerry when it comes to money! So, who is a gentleman? John Mara? :lol:

I know very little about Mara, and my point wasn't that Jerry is less of a gentlemen than Mara or a stupid pissing contest between the two. It's just that Jones is somebody you can't expect to not seek out a competitive advantage based on a verbal agreement. If there's nothing in writing (or possibly even if there is) he's still going to try his damnedest to get a leg up. He didn't get where he is in life twiddling his thumbs, he's a shrewd and very competitive man.

I'm actually not ragging on the Cowboys here, yes they didn't do as they were told, but there should have been something official. Can't blame any team in the league for trying to exploit a weakness in the rules. It wasn't official, just a verbal agreement, so I don't see it as them breaking a rule, just breaking their word. Which is kind of shitty, but people like Jones don't get where they're at by making friends.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options

Jerry Jones on Cowboys’ cap penalty: NFL approved our contracts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... contracts/

I don't often side with Jerry in this instance I will.

But as far as I'm concerned the damage has been done...these cap penalties quite possibly cost the cowboys a chance to sign Robinson.

Still baffles me as to how a big rival in the division can be so involved in this process...this should be a big scandal in itself.

• Options
    Sweet! Cowboys at the Meadowlands on Wednesday Night Football, yes Wednesday, Sept 5th to open the season against the champs!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77439 ... 012-season
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Sweet! Cowboys at the Meadowlands on Wednesday Night Football, yes Wednesday, Sept 5th to open the season against the champs!

This sucks, nothing like starting off the season 0-1 in the division before any other team has even played a game.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

This sucks, nothing like starting off the season 0-1 in the division before any other team has even played a game.

Wow! The draft didn't even start and you are writing then off :lol:
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    crazypjfan wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

:lol: Yeah, just don't like starting off with a big divisional game as the opener, that's all. I still like this team and if the defense improves I think they can win the division. Only a few more weeks until the draft!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

:lol: Yeah, just don't like starting off with a big divisional game as the opener, that's all. I still like this team and if the defense improves I think they can win the division. Only a few more weeks until the draft!

I wouldn't rather start with a division game than end with one. My wife gets free tix to the Boys Giants game every year so it will be exciting to see :D
  • Options
    Now the Cowboys have extra motivation...what Mara did was BS and the Cowboys should take this personal and should be plenty motivated for this game. It just sucks because I really feel that that cap penalty cost the Robinson. I really hope that cap penalty motivates them and they play with a huge chip on their shoulder and ruin the Giants party.

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Now the Cowboys have extra motivation...what Mara did was BS and the Cowboys should take this personal and should be plenty motivated for this game. It just sucks because I really feel that that cap penalty cost the Robinson. I really hope that cap penalty motivates them and they play with a huge chip on their shoulder and ruin the Giants party.
    hopefully motivated enough to pummel the giants big time and send a message to them. it did cost the Cowboys Robinson, but if Michael Floyd is still on the board i think JJ would be hard pressed to pass up on a talent like that.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Hello All,
    I am Sports stunted.
    The CowBOYS are not good. I'm not a ninja or anything. I live in Texas, and Football is a huge deal. (they forgot my birthday). Cowboys will break your heart every year. (but not the cheerleaders)
    S.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,506
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Hello All,
    I am Sports stunted.
    The CowBOYS are not good. I'm not a ninja or anything. I live in Texas, and Football is a huge deal. (they forgot my birthday). Cowboys will break your heart every year. (but not the cheerleaders)
    S.

exactly.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Hello All,
    I am Sports stunted.
    S.

exactly.

:D :wave: How are ya Jeags?
  • Options