Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Ratliff ruled out. Witten will probably be a game time decision.

Cowboys, 31-20

You're telling me to take the points?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Ratliff ruled out. Witten will probably be a game time decision.

Cowboys, 31-20

You're telling me to take the points?

Sure, if you factor in my bias :D
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    edited September 2012
    And here we go.

First off, who the fuck decided to start the NFL season on a Wednesday night? We are not doing our annual Season Kick-Off Watching Party because everyone has to go to work, get ready for school, etc. Whatever.

Well, well, well - we meet again. My old nemesis. The most annoying and lucky team on the planet. I'm looking at you New York Football Giants. Every bounce goes your way. Every borderline call goes your way. The waves break just so in your favor.

Not this year. Anyone but you this year. This year there will be no miracle catch. There will be no last-second, off-balance, desperation pass by Eli. There will be no ball lost in the lights.

OK, now that I have that off my chest, the Cowboys' success or failure will all come down to the OL. I believe the defense will be markedly improved with the new corners and without the dead weight (Newman, Jenkins, James, Brooking, Ball, etc.).

But it all comes down to whether or not that patchwork group of misfits (except for Tyrone Smith) can protect Romo and open holes for Murray, who just has to stay healthy this year or all bets or off.

I don't like starting the season with all of these injuries. The Cowboys have been pretty lucky over the years with injuries but have had one or two key injuries the past couple of years. Maybe they are getting that out of the way now, but I just don't like starting with questions marks.

Cowboys go 10-6 and make the wild card.

Don't be surprised if they shock the Giants tomorrow night. I think you will see a lot less finger-pointing in the Cowboys's secondary this year and a lot fewer opponent receivers running free. I think the defense starts to hit stride about a third of the way into the season and ends up being close to the top if not the top defense in the league.
    Post edited by Flagg on
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    It was moved to Wednesday from Thursday this year because of the DNC on Thursday with the POTUS speaking.

All I hope is that Murray gets 200yds and a couple tds.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Is Witten silly or a stud? I know he is a tough SOB, that's for sure.

Report: Jason Witten willing to sign medical waiver to play against Giants

There’s no questioning Jason Witten’s toughness. Along with playing through a broken jaw and a broken rib, the Cowboys tight end has ran halfway down the field during a game without a helmet on.

So it probably doesn’t surprise anyone in the Cowboys organization that Witten, who is recovering from a lacerated spleen, wants to play Wednesday night against the New York Giants so badly that he’s willing to sign a waiver to do so.

According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, Witten has informed the team he is willing to sign a medical waiver that would not hold the Cowboys or team doctors liable in case he re-injured his spleen Wednesday night.

Mortensen added that the Cowboys will not accept any waiver as a path to Witten playing in the game.

Witten, who hasn’t missed a game since his rookie season in 2003, is listed as doubtful on the official injury report.

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Tuesday that the team was waiting for the results of a CAT scan. However, even without those results, Jones said Witten had already been cleared to play against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 2.

“I don’t want to be overly optimistic but if you went by the way he’s worked, the work he’s got in, how he feels, then you’d give him a go [against the Giants],” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan’s New School show. “Until you had things such as CAT Scans, which we have and we should use them, players I’m sure played with this degree of spleen injury a lot because all of the signs were on go. I think we’ll look at that, we’ll look for the improvement and then we’ll go by the doctor’s opinion.”
  • Options
    can u please beat these bums

i do like the boys w/ the points tonight

esecially because everyone is betting the giants...granted im from ny but still....everyone says giants..so i say boys
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Is Witten silly or a stud? I know he is a tough SOB, that's for sure.

Report: Jason Witten willing to sign medical waiver to play against Giants

There’s no questioning Jason Witten’s toughness. Along with playing through a broken jaw and a broken rib, the Cowboys tight end has ran halfway down the field during a game without a helmet on.

So it probably doesn’t surprise anyone in the Cowboys organization that Witten, who is recovering from a lacerated spleen, wants to play Wednesday night against the New York Giants so badly that he’s willing to sign a waiver to do so.

According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, Witten has informed the team he is willing to sign a medical waiver that would not hold the Cowboys or team doctors liable in case he re-injured his spleen Wednesday night.

Mortensen added that the Cowboys will not accept any waiver as a path to Witten playing in the game.

Witten, who hasn’t missed a game since his rookie season in 2003, is listed as doubtful on the official injury report.

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Tuesday that the team was waiting for the results of a CAT scan. However, even without those results, Jones said Witten had already been cleared to play against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 2.

“I don’t want to be overly optimistic but if you went by the way he’s worked, the work he’s got in, how he feels, then you’d give him a go [against the Giants],” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan’s New School show. “Until you had things such as CAT Scans, which we have and we should use them, players I’m sure played with this degree of spleen injury a lot because all of the signs were on go. I think we’ll look at that, we’ll look for the improvement and then we’ll go by the doctor’s opinion.”

I hope they don't play him...not worth the risk to lose him for the season over 1 game. They knew Witten was iffy...surely they can design a game plan without Witten, Jason has had time to prepare.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    I really think they need to win this game...running the ball will be tough, Romo needs to test the Giants secondary early and often. This will be the first big test for the D, we'll see how they respond.

I don't expect much out of this O line. So we'll see how it goes.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Witten is active tonight. I just hope he is alright and isn't at risk of further injury. Guy has a serious heart!
  • Options
    Witten is active tonight. I just hope he is alright and isn't at risk of further injury. Guy has a serious heart!

i agree...I'm guessing Dallas would not take the chance if he could not go.

• Options
    Fired up for the season! Let's go 'Boys!!

Here we go!!!
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    lukin2006 wrote:

Let's hope not, a win tonight would be a great start in the division but it's a long season. Hopefully he's recovered enough not to risk any further damage. Let's go Cowboys!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Sean Lee with the big play, love that guy.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Let's hope not, a win tonight would be a great start in the division but it's a long season. Hopefully he's recovered enough not to risk any further damage. Let's go Cowboys!

a win would nice...but don't count on it.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I never do, especially against the Giants... Wow, escaped with just a FG after that interception, whew.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    same old Romo...not enough sense to just throw it away and punt.

of course 3 and 3 and you take delay of the game.

nice job for the defence to hold the Giants to 3 after our wonderful QB coughed 1 up.

• Options
    horrible 4th down play

big goal line stop
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I never do, especially against the Giants... Wow, escaped with just a FG after that interception, whew.

I don't like to be so negative with this team...but I think if they had a stud O line I'd have more confidence in this team. You have to wonder if they drafted an O lineman in place of julius jone and felix jones how much better the O might be.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I don't like to be so negative with this team...but I think if they had a stud O line I'd have more confidence in this team. You have to wonder if they drafted an O lineman in place of julius jone and felix jones how much better the O might be.

Yep, that's Jerry for ya!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Does Collinsworth work for NBC or is he the NYG and Manning public relations guy.

• Options
    Nice. Going into halftime with a lead would be sweet. Don't give up any cheap points in this last minute!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Good first half. The d played well. Tony played well after the pick.

When they came back from commercial did anyone notice the dude behind Jerry cleaning Jerry's glasses :lol:

Jerry clean your own glasses :lol:.

• Options
    Nice play and control by Romo on that drive, some good runs by Murray, looking good!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

When they came back from commercial did anyone notice the dude behind Jerry cleaning Jerry's glasses :lol:

Wow, I know everybody is always tough on Romo, but can he get some credit when he plays well? Great job tonight after that early INT.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Wow, I know everybody is always tough on Romo, but can he get some credit when he plays well? Great job tonight after that early INT.

Yes I will give him credit...especially as bad as this o line has played...that last drive wow...impressive...now the D has to do its job...we were in this spot last year as well.

Murray...no doubt in my mind we make the playoffs if he's healthy and playing down the stretch.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yes I will give him credit...especially as bad as this o line has played...that last drive wow...impressive...now the D has to do its job...we were in this spot last year as well.

Murray...no doubt in my mind we make the playoffs if he's healthy and playing down the stretch.

I agree, they were a different team last year when Murray was healthy. Already tonight the defense looks better than it did last year. Even still, I won't feel comfortable until the clock hits all zeros.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    I am impressed. Romo was just fantastic after the INT, Murray seems to have picked up where he left off last year, Ogeltree, Austin and Bryant play well, especially the last 2 considering they missed all of camp.

I thought Jason called a good game. The defense looks much better than last year.

The O line is terrible though...waaaaay too many penalties. But considering they've hardly played together and the Giants have a great pass rush, I'll take a wait and see approach.

Now 10 days off till we get Seattle. Starting 2-0 on the road sure would be special and could really go along ways toward the playoffs.

• Options
    Great way to start the season! The D looked good and will continue to get better. I like the Lee and Carter combo.

Offensive line needs to improve and limit the mental mistakes but I think they will.

And what else can you say about Romo? He led this team to a victory amidst all the mistakes/penalties. Great seeing him step up as the leader of this offense.

Ogletree, Austin and Bryant all played really well too.

Good win on the road in a tough environment. :D
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    big statement win on the road. it's gotta feel good beating the champs on their turf.
  • Options
    Great way to start the season! The D looked good and will continue to get better. I like the Lee and Carter combo.

Offensive line needs to improve and limit the mental mistakes but I think they will.

And what else can you say about Romo? He led this team to a victory amidst all the mistakes/penalties. Great seeing him step up as the leader of this offense.

Ogletree, Austin and Bryant all played really well too.

Good win on the road in a tough environment. :D

I agree...any reason to put Costa back in...I think Cook deserves a shot at starting centre, he had very limited practice and looked like the best O lineman. I think as the season goes on they should get better...limited time playing together...Witten won't commit penalties like that in the future, he was very rusty.

The giants have what might be the best front seven and they survived so thats a bonus.

plus they come away for the most part injury free...especially Austin and Bryant.

Felix Jones seems like he's on his way out...I wouldn't be surprised he's traded at the deadline.

Now ten days off to prepare for Seattle...starting 2-0 would be huge...especially 2-0 on the road.

Still it's only 1 game and they have a tough schedule ahead of them.