Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    wpg pearl wrote:
    im just saying Romo is average at best. great qbs find a way to win.......
    has he ever won a playoff game? i remember when the vikings crushed them
    the botched snap........he never wins when he needs to

I agree he's average, but Romo can't play defense, which is the Cowboys main problem. How can a quarterback (injured at that) find a way to win when the defense is giving up points like a sieve? And yes, he has won a playoff game a couple years ago, 2009 I believe. But just like I didn't give him all the credit for that (or any win) I'm not going to put all the blame for the losses on him. He played reasonable well in the 2nd quarter. They were down 21-0 at halftime and the Cowboys came back to being down by a touchdown. Then the defense gave up 10 more points.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    lol i just youtubed the Owens clip.......... :mrgreen:
    ajb
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I vote for firing the GM. :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    RW81233 wrote:
    Saying Romo chokes again is like when people were saying Tebow was good...it's a complete lack of understanding about the game. Once again, however, Witten fucks up (gets stopped half yard short setting up the 4th and 1) and gets no blame. Fuck...oh well.

I'm a big Witten fan, but I'll give you that and it's happening more and more.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    wpg pearl wrote:
    great QBs win big games ! they put there team on there back and find away to win
    Cowboys were good in the 80s but not anymore. Romo chokes every year...... :D

Just shows your lack of football knowledge...Cowboys didn't go to a Super Bowl in the 80's...and we're bad at the end of the 80's...they were great from 92 -95.

It takes three aspects to win in football, offense, defense, special teams...offense has been decent, the other 2 suck.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    tybird wrote:
    I vote for firing the GM. :twisted:

I agree...he's the problem in my opinion as well.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    good season.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Glad to get a decent draft pick out of the deal. It needs to be used on defense. Our offense is fine and will be good again next season. Giving up the big play is getting old and needs to stop.

Not much more to say about this team. The best win they had was against SF and that was a struggle.

Sucks to lose but it didnt take me long to get over it. It's not like we were a top contender anyway. It was fun riding the roller coaster. Come back next year for some more fun ;)
  • Options
    good season.

In a way it might be...most pre season predictions had us 7-9, so we exceeded it by 1 win...and we would have been gone early in the playoffs, so now we avoid GB and SF next year...well that's all the positive I can take out of the season :lol::lol::lol:.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    lukin2006 wrote:
    good season.

In a way it might be...most pre season predictions had us 7-9, so we exceeded it by 1 win...and we would have been gone early in the playoffs, so now we avoid GB and SF next year...well that's all the positive I can take out of the season :lol::lol::lol:.

i hope that post was drenched in sarcasm
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Glad to get a decent draft pick out of the deal. It needs to be used on defense. Our offense is fine and will be good again next season. Giving up the big play is getting old and needs to stop.

Not much more to say about this team. The best win they had was against SF and that was a struggle.

Sucks to lose but it didnt take me long to get over it. It's not like we were a top contender anyway. It was fun riding the roller coaster. Come back next year for some more fun ;)

On D we need 2 linebackers, 2 corners and a safety at least...

On O we need at least a new center, a backup running, a left tackle, a 3rd down TE who can get the extra yardage.

Special teams we need a punt returner and kick returner and maybe punter.

Coaching...both Houck and Campeau need to go...Ryan and Garrett stay for now. I'd like to see Sparano or Haley back.

This team needs major work.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    good season.

i hope that post was drenched in sarcasm

Very much so...but this division sucks, I don't see the Giants doing much...maybe beating Atlanta, but to hear Collinworth last night you'd think the Giants defeated GB or NO, this Dallas D makes most offensives look like NE.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    this Dallas D makes most offensives look like NE.

And that is why they are so frustrating to watch. They came out in the second half and scored 14 unanswered. Maybe we should have just done onside kicks the rest of the game to try and minimize the amount of time our D took the field :lol:

At least we weren't the paper champions this year. That really sucks. The Boys weren't picked to win shit and won't be until this D is shored up.

I just hope they focus on the secondary first and foremost. You need to be solid in that area because of Cruz, Nicks, Djax and Maclin. I won't mention any Skin receivers because they seem to be irrelevant.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    this Dallas D makes most offensives look like NE.

And that is why they are so frustrating to watch. They came out in the second half and scored 14 unanswered. Maybe we should have just done onside kicks the rest of the game to try and minimize the amount of time our D took the field :lol:

At least we weren't the paper champions this year. That really sucks. The Boys weren't picked to win shit and won't be until this D is shored up.

I just hope they focus on the secondary first and foremost. You need to be solid in that area because of Cruz, Nicks, Djax and Maclin. I won't mention any Skin receivers because they seem to be irrelevant.

Agreed :D:D:D

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    lukin2006 wrote:
    good season.

but you get the Bears instead. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    wpg pearl wrote:
    im just saying Romo is average at best. great qbs find a way to win.......
    has he ever won a playoff game? i remember when the vikings crushed them
    the botched snap........he never wins when he needs to

2011 season:
    102.5 QB Rating
    66.3% completion rate
    4,184 yards
    31 TDs
    10 Int

Romo is the one thing keeping this team alive......
  • Options
    I'm really surprised I haven't heard news today that Rob Ryan got shit-canned.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    *sigh* I guess I ought to weigh in here too.

Agreed that Romo isn't the problem. I know a lot of people hate him and all that, but he had a really good season after a couple of bad games early. He didn't play last week and probably shouldn't have played against the Giants.
    And he had zero protection all year. The very young, very green offensive line was over-matched much of the year. Tyron Smith was the lone bright spot here. Everyone else, well, I hope they improve next year. It doesn't matter how good your QB is or isn't when you can't block for him and protect him for more than 1 second.

Losing Demarco Murray really hurt. When you are bringing in 67 year old Sammy Morris you have problems at running back. I had no problem with them releasing Tashard Choice, but it was just unfortunate timing there.

The defense blew huge leads what, 4 times? The inability to hold a lead, inability to pressure the QB, or to cover even average receivers is the number one problem on this team. I have gone back and forth on blaming Rob Ryan but the simple fact of the matter is the defense is old and talentless as a whole. I think that was on display Sunday every time Newman ran out of breath while running two steps behind everyone. There is only one player on the defense worth his salary right now and that is Demarcus Ware and he can't do it alone.

They weren't good enough to overcome the many mistakes made by the players and the coaches. The icing of their own kicker in Arizona. I knew that would come back to haunt them. Blowing the huge lead against Detroit. The blocked field goal against the Giants. The back clock management all season. The defensive penalties on 3rd down. Good teams can overcome these. Bad to mediocre teams succumb to them and wind up 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

There are 21 Cowboys who are free agents after the season, and they are something like $20 million over the salary cap. It is going to get worse before it gets better.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    I pray that the WR from Oklahoma State is NOT on the board when the Cowboys' pick rolls around.....because I can see Jerry using another first round pick on a position where they don't need the help. :roll:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    I pray that the WR from Oklahoma State is NOT on the board when the Cowboys' pick rolls around.....because I can see Jerry using another first round pick on a position where they don't need the help. :roll:

If Jerry can't see that our secondary is the biggest need position and selects a wr in the first round...

Well, anything is possible with him in charge :roll:
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    *sigh* I guess I ought to weigh in here too.

Agreed that Romo isn't the problem. I know a lot of people hate him and all that, but he had a really good season after a couple of bad games early. He didn't play last week and probably shouldn't have played against the Giants.
    And he had zero protection all year. The very young, very green offensive line was over-matched much of the year. Tyron Smith was the lone bright spot here. Everyone else, well, I hope they improve next year. It doesn't matter how good your QB is or isn't when you can't block for him and protect him for more than 1 second.

Losing Demarco Murray really hurt. When you are bringing in 67 year old Sammy Morris you have problems at running back. I had no problem with them releasing Tashard Choice, but it was just unfortunate timing there.

The defense blew huge leads what, 4 times? The inability to hold a lead, inability to pressure the QB, or to cover even average receivers is the number one problem on this team. I have gone back and forth on blaming Rob Ryan but the simple fact of the matter is the defense is old and talentless as a whole. I think that was on display Sunday every time Newman ran out of breath while running two steps behind everyone. There is only one player on the defense worth his salary right now and that is Demarcus Ware and he can't do it alone.

They weren't good enough to overcome the many mistakes made by the players and the coaches. The icing of their own kicker in Arizona. I knew that would come back to haunt them. Blowing the huge lead against Detroit. The blocked field goal against the Giants. The back clock management all season. The defensive penalties on 3rd down. Good teams can overcome these. Bad to mediocre teams succumb to them and wind up 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

There are 21 Cowboys who are free agents after the season, and they are something like $20 million over the salary cap. It is going to get worse before it gets better.

I like your assessment...the salary...well, quite simply is because of Jone...he overpays for Free at left tackle, signed Ratliff, Witten and Sensenbaugh long term and I have doubts that they'll be on the roster at the end of the contract.

• Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    tybird wrote:

If Jerry can't see that our secondary is the biggest need position and selects a wr in the first round...

Well, anything is possible with him in charge :roll:

Don't expect things to change...if there is a glamor player available Jones will select him.

• Options
    goodforyou19goodforyou19 Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin Posts: 74
    There are so many issues. Romo is what he is. He played pretty well most of the year but had some big f-ups. And he panics back there (maybe rightfully so at times behind that line), but he seems to get skittish at times when the pressure isn't even there (yet). But hell, look at what McGee did against Philly. Nada.

Defense is the biggest problem. Two playmakers (Ware, Lee) and a bunch of also-rans. Ratliff is great at times, then seems to take himself out of position other times. Other D-linemen aren't worth a crap. Did Marcus Spears or Spencer make ANY significant plays all year??? Secondary is old and dumb. Mass confusion on just about every play. No one seems to know where to go.

Good point brought up about Witten. Went down/out of bounds too easily vs. NYG.

This team's coaching ability and talent level are severely OVERRATED. I get a good belly-laugh out of the talking heads that talk about them having all this "talent". In the 90's yes, now, hell no. I heard one blowhard say Brees would trade his WR's for the the Cowboys WR core. Yeah right! Bryant and Austin were not that good this year. Robinson was good as a 3rd WR, that I will agree with.

The 2011 Cowboys were consistently disappointing. Every time you'd think they were onto something they'd let you down.
  • Options
    Yes, you guys have many problems, defense etc. And those should be addressed. But even once you patch all that up, you still have Romo. As I stated before, I don't blame him for this season, and in the second half he looked OK, he's just not an elite quarterback though. He's not a bust, but he's not going to take you guys anywhere either. Matt Flynn is likely going to leave Green Bay, I think Dallas needs to get in on that. The sun is rapidly setting on the Romo era, it's time to start building a future, and Flynn is the guy to build it around in my opinion. It's time to move on. Try to trade Romo for a good corner (which you really need), or somebody else to beef up the defense.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,683
    Flagg wrote:
    It is going to get worse before it gets better.
    wonderful :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Yes, you guys have many problems, defense etc. And those should be addressed. But even once you patch all that up, you still have Romo. As I stated before, I don't blame him for this season, and in the second half he looked OK, he's just not an elite quarterback though. He's not a bust, but he's not going to take you guys anywhere either. Matt Flynn is likely going to leave Green Bay, I think Dallas needs to get in on that. The sun is rapidly setting on the Romo era, it's time to start building a future, and Flynn is the guy to build it around in my opinion. It's time to move on. Try to trade Romo for a good corner (which you really need), or somebody else to beef up the defense.

Really...based all on 1 game...

Somehow I think the Cowboys will be sticking with Romo...I myself don't know if he can win it all...I'd like to see him if he had a really good line blocking for him, a decent running game and a really good defense...if he has all that and their still only winning 8-9 games, then yes it's time for him to go.

But to think all their problems will be solved this off season, doubtful.

And besides their biggest problem is Jerry...can we trade him for Flynn or a corner ;).

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Flynn hasn't played in just one game. Though this last one certainly raised his stock. Last year he started the two games Rodgers was out, damn near beat the Patriots too, threw for 3 touchdown passes but on the last play of the game he got sacked and lost the ball. Every time he's been in a game he looked good. He was put in earlier this year when the Pack were blowing away Minnesota, and he looked great, even ran for a touchdown and did a Lambeau Leap. So no, it's not based on 1 game, he's played a lot more than that, and it's also based on his college career. Dude won a National Championship at LSU and was the MVP of the game, and he's shown he can play at the NFL level too. But his college career shows he can play in big games and handle the pressure, something which can't be said for Romo.
  • Options
    Won't have the cap space to chase a free agent of that caliber.....especially at a position where you are already paying someone a boat load of bucks....I expect a lot of QB movement in the off-season, but I don't see anyone biting on Romo.....Oakland will have two QBs after Campbell recovers, what is Indy going to do with the 1st pick and/or Peyton? There's Matt Flynn...does Philly keep Vince Young...and it's QB heavy draft.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Flynn hasn't played in just one game. Though this last one certainly raised his stock. Last year he started the two games Rodgers was out, damn near beat the Patriots too, threw for 3 touchdown passes but on the last play of the game he got sacked and lost the ball. Every time he's been in a game he looked good. He was put in earlier this year when the Pack were blowing away Minnesota, and he looked great, even ran for a touchdown and did a Lambeau Leap. So no, it's not based on 1 game, he's played a lot more than that, and it's also based on his college career. Dude won a National Championship at LSU and was the MVP of the game, and he's shown he can play at the NFL level too. But his college career shows he can play in big games and handle the pressure, something which can't be said for Romo.

So it's based on handful of games on a really good GB team with tons of talent. On a Dallas team, behind that offensive line...good luck to him. Jones would be wise to draft a QB...

• Options
    Flynn is this year's Kevin Kolb. I don't think he will end of being anything great, but he will get a lot of attention this off season.