Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    imalive wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    great....now I can fucking obsess about it for an extra four hours :x

they're gonna lose...you just know they are. sorry for my negativity but I've had it with this bunch :oops:

i think the nfc east should forfeit their division champion from playoff contention. nobody deserves it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    i think the nfc east should forfeit their division champion from playoff contention. nobody deserves it.

Sounds like someone is upset that their dream team doesn't have an opportunity to get in ;)
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

Sounds like someone is upset that their dream team doesn't have an opportunity to get in ;)

no, i'm upset that this once great division is going to be won by a team with less than 10 wins for the first time ever.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

no, i'm upset that this once great division is going to be won by a team with less than 10 wins for the first time ever.

No shit. That sounds scary when I think about it. If Gruden goes to the Rams, the NFC West will be superior! Oh no :o

I guess the words NFC and Beast won't be uttered for a long time..
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

No shit. That sounds scary when I think about it. If Gruden goes to the Rams, the NFC West will be superior! Oh no :o

I guess the words NFC and Beast won't be uttered for a long time..

i don't know about all that but i just posted about it...if gruden goes to the rams, there's a good chance spags comes back to philly as d coordinator with reid returning. i could get on board with that scenario.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    crazypjfan wrote:

Buck pointed out during the game that it has happened before, but it was before the 1970 Merger. Although back then it was called the Capitol Division, so technically you're right. There is also the 1982 season though when the Redskins won it with 8 wins (and 1 loss), but that was the shortened season due to the strike, so it doesn't really count.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

Buck pointed out during the game that it has happened before, but it was before the 1970 Merger. Although back then it was called the Capitol Division, so technically you're right. There is also the 1982 season though when the Redskins won it with 8 wins (and 1 loss), but that was the shortened season due to the strike, so it doesn't really count.

yeah looks like dallas won the capital division in '67 with 9 wins. they only played 14 games though and, obviously, that was before the merger. only 2 teams in all of football had double digit wins that year.

i didn't even realize it was called the capital division back then.

so this is the first time it's ever happened with the 16 game schedule.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Good article about Romo. Still can't believe the Boys lost the last meeting with the Giants after his unbelievable performance!

IRVING, Texas -- Tony Romo tends to turn philosophical when the subject is along the lines of whether the Dallas Cowboys will ultimately be successful enough for him to be considered a winner.

It's definitely not a matter of desire. This is a man who fought his way from undrafted afterthought to franchise quarterback. He's the football version of a gym rat, constantly seeking an advantage by studying film and working on intricate details of his game. He's doing everything he can to give himself a chance to win the kind of games that will be remembered for generations.

"At some point," Romo says, "you're either good enough or you're not."

Unfortunately for Romo, whose team faces the New York Giants with the NFC East title and a playoff bid at stake Sunday night, that isn't necessarily true.

Just look at the last Giants-Cowboys game for evidence. Romo's 321-yard, four-touchdown, no-pick performance wasn't good enough to prevent a 37-34 loss Dec. 11 at Cowboys Stadium.

According to pro-football-reference.com, there had been 71 previous quarterback performances since 1960 that featured at least 300 passing yards, four touchdowns and a passer rating of 140.0. Those quarterbacks played on the winning team on all 71 occasions.

Romo became the lone exception. Quarterbacks who put up those eye-popping stats are now 71-1.

Yet some people pointed to Romo possibly overthrowing receiver Miles Austin by a foot as proof that Romo wilted under pressure. (Austin admitted he made a poor adjustment to a catchable pass on the key play with the Cowboys clinging to a late lead, but never let the facts get in the way of a good "Romo choked" angle.)

Forget about being good enough. Almost perfect wasn't enough on that night.

If Romo is good, the Cowboys will probably be playoff spectators for the second consecutive season. Romo has to be great for the Cowboys to feel good about their chances to beat the Giants -- and certainly to do any damage if they reach the postseason.

The Cowboys are relying on Romo more than ever. They need him to be spectacular to overcome a defense that has appeared overmatched against quality foes since Rob Ryan's early-season smoke-and-mirrors effect wore off. (See the Giants' 510 total yards Dec. 11.) They need him to make up for the mistakes by a spotty offensive line and mask an inconsistent running game that has lacked depth since rookie DeMarco Murray's season-ending fractured ankle.

Romo, whose bruised throwing hand suffered last week isn't considered a major concern by the Cowboys, has responded with arguably the best season of his career. He didn't receive an invitation to his fourth Pro Bowl, but he has a career-best 102.2 passer rating despite playing several weeks with a fractured rib, throwing for 3,895 yards with 29 touchdowns and only nine interceptions entering the NFC East title game.

Not that Romo avoids all legitimate blame for the Cowboys' current win-or-the-end predicament. His second-half turnovers were the primary reasons they blew big leads in losses to the New York Jets and Detroit Lions during the first month of the season.

Since then, however, only Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers, New Orleans' Drew Brees and New England's Tom Brady have played quarterback as well as Romo. He has a 22-to-4 touchdown-to-interception ratio since his three-pick disaster of a second half against Detroit.

Romo has been ridiculously effective since a pain-killing injection for his ribs stopped being part of his pregame routine. He has completed 68.2 percent of his passes for 1,936 yards and 19 touchdowns with only two picks in those seven games, plus the one painful series in last week's loss against the Eagles.

Add four game-winning drives to Romo's resume this season and it's obvious that he's the primary reason this team has a chance to claim the NFC's final playoff spot.

Romo routinely has been among the best quarterbacks in the NFL this season. He can only hope that's good enough to beat the Giants this time.
  • Options
    Here we go! Playoff football starts tonight! I can't wait to see which cowboys team shows up. It looks like we would have a home game against Atlanta if we win.

Let's go 'Boys!!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,683
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Here we go! Playoff football starts tonight! I can't wait to see which cowboys team shows up. It looks like we would have a home game against Atlanta if we win.

Let's go 'Boys!!
    that would be good....ATL is probably the only other playoff team we could beat :shifty:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    beat these jerkoff giants for christ's sake
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I'm leaning toward we don't win...unless...this useless D actually performs. But I'm not very optimistic...for me the likely scenario is the D sucks, we have no running game leaving it into Romo's hands and he gets careless.

Doesn't matter anyhow as long as Jonres is running. So many headlines this year...Jones says this, Jones says that. No other sports team has an owner so front and center...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options

Jerkoff Giants. Jerkoff Cowboys. Doesn't really matter who wins, they're just lining up to get slaughtered in the playoffs. If I had to bet I'd put money on the Cowboys though, but it will be a hard fought battle to see who can suck just a little bit less.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,287

Jerkoff Giants. Jerkoff Cowboys. Doesn't really matter who wins, they're just lining up to get slaughtered in the playoffs. If I had to bet I'd put money on the Cowboys though, but it will be a hard fought battle to see who can suck just a little bit less.

:clap: agree but saying the Giants win :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

:clap: agree but saying the Giants win :lol:

I only say Cowboys because Eli is so shaky, and one week he'll look great, then the next he'll have me wondering how he ever won a Super Bowl ring. Since he looked great last week, I'm betting crappy Eli shows up tonight.
  • Options
    Doesn't really matter who wins, they're just lining up to get slaughtered in the playoffs.

I like your consistent Cowboy hating but the truth is that this cowboy team can beat anyone on any given Sunday. Conversely, they sure can lose to any team at any time.

I think if the boys win tonight, they will go deep into the playoffs. You know they have the talent.

We shall see :D
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Go Cowboys!!!!!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Doesn't really matter who wins, they're just lining up to get slaughtered in the playoffs.

I like your consistent Cowboy hating but the truth is that this cowboy team can beat anyone on any given Sunday. Conversely, they sure can lose to any team at any time.

I think if the boys win tonight, they will go deep into the playoffs. You know they have the talent.

I don't think I do know that. I think they could maybe beat Atlanta and San Fran, but not Green Bay or New Orleans. If they're so talented it just begs the question why they couldn't clinch this terrible division. They aren't the worst team in the league, but they aren't that good either. Middle of the pack in my opinion. If the rest of the NFC East weren't middle-below the pack Romo would already be calling to set up tee times.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

Talent...this team sucks
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    impressive
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    This team has very little talent...

• Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    ROMO CHOKES AGAIN...............I LOVE IT :D
    ajb
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Saying Romo chokes again is like when people were saying Tebow was good...it's a complete lack of understanding about the game. Once again, however, Witten fucks up (gets stopped half yard short setting up the 4th and 1) and gets no blame. Fuck...oh well.
  • Options
    great QBs win big games ! they put there team on there back and find away to win
    Cowboys were good in the 80s but not anymore. Romo chokes every year...... :D
    ajb
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    Saying Romo chokes again is like when people were saying Tebow was good...it's a complete lack of understanding about the game. Once again, however, Witten fucks up (gets stopped half yard short setting up the 4th and 1) and gets no blame. Fuck...oh well.

I was thinking the same thing about the Tebow thing. This was a team that was mediocre to bad all around. A head coach in over his head, a one-trick pony defensive coordinator (and that trick hasn't been working), and many more things. Romo was the only one out there tonight who looked halfway decent. He got off to a slow start, I'm sure because his injured hand, but starting with the second half he caught fire and I started to think the Giants were going to fuck around and lose.

I look at it this way, had Dallas won, would wpg pearl have heaped all the credit onto Romo? I know I wouldn't have, so I'm not going to heap the blame on him. Having said that, if Romo had thrown a couple pick 6's, or interceptions that led to points I might. But he threw one interception, and I'm pretty sure the Giants squandered that opportunity and wound up punting.
  • Options
    Man, the cowboys need secondary help bad!! This one wasn't romo's fault.

I'm not really surprised that they lost though. The shitty cowboys showed up. There was a glimmer of hope there down by 7 but the long ball gets this d every time.

Saints and packers look tough to beat! It'll be exciting to watch.
  • Options
    lol u gonna cry like Owens did.....thats my quarterback.......wah wah :D
    ajb
  • Options
    wpg pearl wrote:
    lol u gonna cry like Owens did.....thats my quarterback.......wah wah :D

Now you're just being childish. If you read through this thread you'll see I'm always ragging on these Cowboys. I hate the Cowboys. I'm a Packers fan. But I know enough about football to understand what led to the loss, the fact that the whole team sucks. Yours is a very simplistic outlook, and I'll just flat out say it, you don't know what you're talking about. Romo does suck in my opinion, but he didn't lose this game.
  • Options
    im just saying Romo is average at best. great qbs find a way to win.......
    has he ever won a playoff game? i remember when the vikings crushed them
    the botched snap........he never wins when he needs to
    ajb