Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    lukin2006 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    but I believe every game Fiammetta has started we've had a back go over 100 yards...we need to keep him healthy.

X factor...
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,698
    Flagg wrote:
    Once again the table has been set for Dallas. Let's see if they can take advantage.
    I would not be betting the house.... :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Once again the table has been set for Dallas. Let's see if they can take advantage.

How do you even like the Cowboys if you are always negative of them? Stay positive, man. Anything can happen in this league.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    crazypjfan wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

How do you even like the Cowboys if you are always negative of them? Stay positive, man. Anything can happen in this league.

It's called being realistic. I love the Cowboys and will be rooting for them too but as inconsistent as they have been all season there are plenty of reasons to be concerned about their chances.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    imalive wrote:

It's called being realistic. I love the Cowboys and will be rooting for them too but as inconsistent as they have been all season there are plenty of reasons to be concerned about their chances.

I'm realistic too but I always stick with my team unless they don't have a shot(like last year). I know too many fans that have given up on them(like imalive). Those same fans will probably be going apeshit when they win the division this year and pretend they never doubted them.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Just get in. Anything can happen. Obviously they will not be the favorite, but anything can happen.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Just get in. Anything can happen. Obviously they will not be the favorite, but anything can happen.

That's how I feel. This cowboys team does have a lot of upside..look at last years packers squad that barely made it in last year..
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

That's how I feel. This cowboys team does have a lot of upside..look at last years packers squad that barely made it in last year..

While it's true that anything can happen and getting in is half the battle, comparing these Cowboys to last years Packers is a reach. The Packers weren't really an underdog story in the sense of having a mediocre team making an improbable run, they were a great team that had one of the worst string of injuries I can remember. At one point I think they had 20 or more players on the IR, and at one point had 9 defensive starters out. They didn't have Rodgers for two games they lost because of his concussion. They were a team that probably should have had the division locked, but injuries are part of the game and Should doesn't mean shit in the NFL.

I know Dallas has had some injuries too, but nothing like what Green Bay had last year. And I'm not knocking the Cowboys (though I often do) but last years Packers aren't really a good example of an underdog team sneaking in on a Wild Card and miraculously winning the Super Bowl, the most astonishing thing is that they had to sneak in on a Wild Card in the first place.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

While it's true that anything can happen and getting in is half the battle, comparing these Cowboys to last years Packers is a reach. The Packers weren't really an underdog story in the sense of having a mediocre team making an improbable run, they were a great team that had one of the worst string of injuries I can remember. At one point I think they had 20 or more players on the IR, and at one point had 9 defensive starters out. They didn't have Rodgers for two games they lost because of his concussion. They were a team that probably should have had the division locked, but injuries are part of the game and Should doesn't mean shit in the NFL.

I know Dallas has had some injuries too, but nothing like what Green Bay had last year. And I'm not knocking the Cowboys (though I often do) but last years Packers aren't really a good example of an underdog team sneaking in on a Wild Card and miraculously winning the Super Bowl, the most astonishing thing is that they had to sneak in on a Wild Card in the first place.

I wasn't really trying to compare the Cowboys to the Packers. I'm crazy but not THAT crazy :lol:

I just threw it out there in the 'anything can happen' category since strange things can happen. Maybe the 2007 Giants would be a better comparison? I don't know. Who cares. lol Let's see if the Boys even get into the playoffs!!!
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

you're right....I need to buck up :mrgreen:

truly, the cowboys ARE my team......but, damn, this year's 4th quarter meltdowns have made it hard. On one hand they've really only gotten beaten bad once (philly, right?) but look where we are. I want to believe but please, please, please don't let it come down to needing a win on the final weekend.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Flagg wrote:
    Reference two of the recent "Worst play-off teams ever".....one came within seconds of winning the Super Bowl and the other blew up the defending champions....I'm with Flagg....just get in

P.S. Don't forget the "Tuck Rule" game....anything can and will happen
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    imalive wrote:

truly, the cowboys ARE my team......but, damn, this year's 4th quarter meltdowns have made it hard. On one hand they've really only gotten beaten bad once (philly, right?) but look where we are. I want to believe but please, please, please don't let it come down to needing a win on the final weekend.

I hear ya there. I want to enjoy my new year's weekend without worrying about this silly team :lol:
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

I hear ya there. I want to enjoy my new year's weekend without worrying about this silly team :lol:
    it's certainly different than the vibe the jimmy johnson teams had. you knew those guy were gonna win.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    it's certainly different than the vibe the jimmy johnson teams had. you knew those guy were gonna win.

Yeah, especially when they were down at halftime. They would ALWAYS come out and tear it up in the 2nd half! Damn, I miss those days..

For now, I just take some anxiety pills and other things to help through these rough spots :lol::lol:
  • Options
    For me as a fan the playoffs start this weekend we gotta win out go in with some momentum!
    That is it plain and simple Eagles and Giants are playoff teams or the good enough to be there IMO
    so if we can beat these 2 teams we will have earned it.
    Debth is a issue for every team at this point lets see who steps up in key possistions to lift there teams to victory
    this is what it's all about boys!
    I told myself after the Lions lost that we would meet them again in the playoffs hope I am right.
    until next time......
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    This could be a real problem if he isn't healthy...cutting Choice looks like a bad decision now.

They have to step up no matter what...no team is healthy at this time of year, I think Felix is kind of wasting a roster spot, he can't handle the ball anymore than 15 times a games and that includes pass catching...and their paying him round 1 money??? should move on from him if he refuses to renegotiate.

The Eagles are probably the most talented NFC East team (doesn't say much for the division).

I still say if the Giants win Saturday afternoon, the boys have to rest Ware, Ratliff, Jenkins, Newham, Jones, Austin and Romo...whats the point of playing these guys Saturday...it'll all come down to the last game of the season.

Now if the Giants lose...you should be motivated to play your best game, get the win and be able to rest your key players for the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... t-practice
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

If the Cowboys had a better defense, then maybe anything can happen, but not with this group. I know NE and GB are ranked near the bottom but they can seemingly score at will...the cowboys can not and do not score consistently. The defense has played well at times...but doesn't seem to make that game saving stop enough.

I would like the Cowboys to get into the playoffs for the experience factor and maybe win that 1 home game.

I see Green Bay grabbing a hold of the their division for a while...much like NE.

I still think if big ben is healthy and troy on Pitt they are the team to beat...they just play solid defense.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Where's Tashard Choice when you need him :roll: :)

Anyway, I hope the Jets win on Saturday so the Boys game will mean something.

Happy Holidays to all you fans following the Cowboy rollercoaster :D
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561
    so...there's a game today?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    so...there's a game today?
    So, I have been told.... :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Where's Tashard Choice when you need him :roll: :)

Anyway, I hope the Jets win on Saturday so the Boys game will mean something.

Happy Holidays to all you fans following the Cowboy rollercoaster :D

Another brilliant decision by Jones...what a joke of an owner :twisted: :twisted:.

Just saw where since 1994 the Patriots have made the playoffs 16 times...Jones needs to hire a GM...until then this team will continue to be a mediocre to bad team.

• Options
    As far as I'm concerned if that Ryan's back next year, then this team will have the same problems defensively. Send him to the jets with his brother.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Garrett needs to put in all backups now...rest up for next week...

Romo's in the locker room...why did they even start him, why is Jones in...if anybody was paying attention to the jets game you pretty much knew the Giants would win.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Agreee man. No need to injure anyone but I do have Romo in fantasy..That sucks!
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Agreee man. No need to injure anyone but I do have Romo in fantasy..That sucks!

Hope Romo's injury isn't serious. Don't get why Jones is in the game. On the other hand I really don't see Dallas winning next week...when I see Dallas I see so many holes.

Free needs to be replaced
    Costa as well
    Newman and Jenkins need to go
    Hope Spencer leaves
    Jones needs to be limited to 15 total carries
    Bennett needs to go
    And the list can go on.

• Options
    Cowboys-Giants moved to prime time

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... prime-time

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Please beat these jerk off giants
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    lukin2006 wrote:
    this so fucking sucks for me like y'all wouldn't believe
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Dammit! Now I have NO excuse for not going for dinner and my in-laws :lol:
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    great....now I can fucking obsess about it for an extra four hours :x

they're gonna lose...you just know they are. sorry for my negativity but I've had it with this bunch :oops:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16