**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    But for some reason a lot of the media is throwing Felix Jones under the bus for that final play, which wasn't going anywhere anyway, instead of on Romo who threw 3 interceptions and that little short pass that led to Jones' "mistake".

All of the media I've been watching is blaming Romo, lol

I'm just curious, who does the play-calling for the Cowboys? Romo? Garrett? Their offensive co-ordinator? Who's deciding to pass it on 1st and 10 with a 24-point lead from their own 20 yard line??

Also, whose decision was it to go for it on 4th down, instead of kicking a fg? You do things like that when it's late in the game and you're losing; not when you're already ahead 7-0 early in the first quarter.

Cowboys aren't playing smart football, obviously, but who's to blame???

On the 4th and goal from the one, I place the blame strictly on Garrett. You take the points and make it a two-score game. Any chance you get to make it a two-score game you do it. You don't let your QB argue to get his way. Maddening.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Flagg wrote:

I don't know. We can go back and forth forever, but if you piled up 100 yards rushing, you should be rushing in the 2nd half and if you have to punt, so be it.

Exactly. I wish we knew who really was calling those pass plays..
    Flagg wrote:
    Any chance you get to make it a two-score game you do it. You don't let your QB argue to get his way.

Unless his name is Tom Brady. or maybe Aaron Rodgers.
    Looks like we will be healthy after the bye week.

Who's ready for a nice stretch of wins? It looks like we can win at least 6 of the next 8 games. Maybe 7 if we can beat the Pats this Sunday.

I'm getting excited for the remainder of the season. Amidst the bullshit mistakes, we have a solid team! There are teams with problems that can't be solved easily and that makes the NFC East wide open for our taking!
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Looks like we will be healthy after the bye week.

Who's ready for a nice stretch of wins? It looks like we can win at least 6 of the next 8 games. Maybe 7 if we can beat the Pats this Sunday.

I'm getting excited for the remainder of the season. Amidst the bullshit mistakes, we have a solid team! There are teams with problems that can't be solved easily and that makes the NFC East wide open for our taking!

And I was glad to see the Eagles and Giants lose during the bye week. I think if they win those games that they should win then they will be in good shape and just need to win their divisional games later in the year. I don't see the Redskins running away with the division.

I'm not as hopeful as you about facing the Pats though, that would be quite an accomplishment to pull out a win there.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    dougfloyd wrote:

I'm not as hopeful as you about facing the Pats though, that would be quite an accomplishment to pull out a win there.

I was at Texas stadium in 06 for the Colts/Cowboys game when everyone thought I was crazy to say we would win that one. And we did, 21-14.

I don't think it's far fetched. We have a good team. Really. We do. Besides the Jets, we played 3 teams in 1st place and beat 2 of them and should have won the Lions game. Now to beat another 1st place team! :D

Man, I must be smoking the same stuff that Andy Reid was when he hired Juan Castillo! :lol:
    One more thing...the fairweather fans are hibernating until the Boys win again. Then, they'll be back. You know who you are! :D
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Glad to see that we are not the only team in the NFC East that loses games that they were supposed to win....yeah....I'm talking about the Giants and the Eagles.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Nice!

Cowboys LB Ware flattered after Belichick compared him to Lawrence Taylor: 'That's a pretty big thing to say'

Cowboys outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware was flattered when he heard that Patriots coach Bill Belichick had compared him to former New York Giants star Lawrence Taylor earlier Wednesday.

"That's a pretty big thing to say something like that," Ware said, "especially because that's the guy that I idolized and I try to play like him."

Just hours before Ware met with reporters, Belichick raved about Ware in a conference call.

"I mean, he's the best player we've faced this year," said Belichick, who was the Giants' defensive coordinator from 1985-1990. "He does all of the things you want him to do. He's strong against the run. He can rush the passer. He's great in pursuit. He's got power. He's got speed. He's got good technique. He's good in pass coverage. He gets a lot of depth. I mean, he's an asset to your pass coverage. If you want to drop him, I'd say all those same things about Lawrence Taylor.

"Lawrence had a tremendous career. Ware has had a great --what is it -- six years or whatever it's been. He's been great in that time and looks like he's still going strong. I'm sure he'll be able to continue at this level for quite a while longer here as far as what it looks like right now. He's a guy you've got to account for on every snap. You've got to know where he is and he could definitely disrupt any play if you don't handle him."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Nice!

Cowboys LB Ware flattered after Belichick compared him to Lawrence Taylor: 'That's a pretty big thing to say'

Cowboys outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware was flattered when he heard that Patriots coach Bill Belichick had compared him to former New York Giants star Lawrence Taylor earlier Wednesday.

"That's a pretty big thing to say something like that," Ware said, "especially because that's the guy that I idolized and I try to play like him."

Just hours before Ware met with reporters, Belichick raved about Ware in a conference call.

"I mean, he's the best player we've faced this year," said Belichick, who was the Giants' defensive coordinator from 1985-1990. "He does all of the things you want him to do. He's strong against the run. He can rush the passer. He's great in pursuit. He's got power. He's got speed. He's got good technique. He's good in pass coverage. He gets a lot of depth. I mean, he's an asset to your pass coverage. If you want to drop him, I'd say all those same things about Lawrence Taylor.

"Lawrence had a tremendous career. Ware has had a great --what is it -- six years or whatever it's been. He's been great in that time and looks like he's still going strong. I'm sure he'll be able to continue at this level for quite a while longer here as far as what it looks like right now. He's a guy you've got to account for on every snap. You've got to know where he is and he could definitely disrupt any play if you don't handle him."

belichick's just trying to butter him up ;):lol:

this better be a 4pm game.
    www.myspace.com

It sure is and it can't get here soon enough. I think we matchup well with the Pats. A win in Foxboro will be huge!
    crazypjfan wrote:

It sure is and it can't get here soon enough. I think we matchup well with the Pats. A win in Foxboro will be huge!

i wouldn't count on it. hopefully this is on tv here. this would bump the redzone in my house.
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:

i wouldn't count on it. hopefully this is on tv here. this would bump the redzone in my house.

I feel confident going into New England with Rob Ryan and a healthy team, finally!

It the local Fox game here in central pa so you might be in luck to watch the Boys pull out a W :D
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    crazypjfan wrote:

It's suppose to be the national game...oddly enough I can see them winning this game and losing to St Louis :lol::lol:.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Nice!

belichick's just trying to butter him up ;):lol:

He's right though. Ware has been one of the few bright spots over the past few years. He's been an absolute joy to watch. I hope he doesn't wind up going his entire career without a ring.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    lukin2006 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

It's suppose to be the national game...oddly enough I can see them winning this game and losing to St Louis :lol::lol:.

This would not surprise me at all.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    I'm with ya, Tony but actions speak louder than words...It sure would be nice to hear what Deion has to say when/if Romo does win one. :)

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo: 'This team is going to win a Super Bowl'

Tony Romo doesn't invest much time in the criticism that swirls around him. But he does hear a thing or two.

One of those came from Deion Sanders, who said the Cowboys quarterback is, "not the guy that can take you where you want to go,'' after the loss to Detroit.

"Every once in awhile you hear things that come out but that's not something you search out,'' Romo said. "I mean honestly, Deion is welcome to his own opinion about stuff. Deion is Deion. He is what he is.

"We're going to go out here, we're going to play good football. This team is going to win a Super Bowl at some point. It's going to be exciting when that time comes.

"And when we look back, we know who was on what side of the fence during the tough moments.''
    If you give up on your team and think they aren't going to win anything this year and then they do and you get all excited about it, ARE YOU A FRAUD for jumping on and off the bandwagon?

Jeags?
  • Tony Romo definitely makes it hard to defend him. I want to like him for some reason, but he doesn't make it easy.

And it's hard to see someone get criticized so much and take that kind of heat, no matter who it is or what team they play for. To have such a big spotlight on you and be almost ridiculed. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone - unless they are total assholes who deserve it, lol

I hope he has a good game against the Patriots.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    crazypjfan wrote:
    If you give up on your team and think they aren't going to win anything this year and then they do and you get all excited about it, ARE YOU A FRAUD for jumping on and off the bandwagon?

Jeags?

hmmm, i don't know about that. if you give up on your team and root for someone else, then come back to the original team after they start winning, that makes you a fraud.

as has been established, 75% of the cowboys fans in here are already frauds to begin with though, so it's really a moo point. moo. ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    crazypjfan wrote:

Jeags?

define off?

i must admit...i'm getting to the point of not being able to stomach watching bears games becasue they stink.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • trying to get up to Gillette....have no tickets and trying to convince someone to go up anyway and give it a shot
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Jeags?

define off?

i must admit...i'm getting to the point of not being able to stomach watching bears games becasue they stink.

that's off in my opinion. gotta watch the games whether or not your team stinks. bears are 1 game out of the playoffs at this point i think too. you're walking a fine fraud line there 81. watch yourself.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Jeags?

define off?

My definition of off in this case would be when you completely write off your team and think or feel that they have no chance to achieve the ultimate goal(superbowl).
    crazypjfan wrote:

Jeags?

hmmm, i don't know about that. if you give up on your team and root for someone else, then come back to the original team after they start winning, that makes you a fraud.

as has been established, 75% of the cowboys fans in here are already frauds to begin with though, so it's really a moo point. moo. ;)

I think it's moot. :)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Jeags?

define off?

that's off in my opinion. gotta watch the games whether or not your team stinks. bears are 1 game out of the playoffs at this point i think too. you're walking a fine fraud line there 81. watch yourself.

i disagree....after a certain point, when you know the team stinks...is there really a reason to watch the same script play out over and over?

we know the o line blows....and we know the wr's blow....what's the point of watching them suck week after week. :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

define off?

i disagree....after a certain point, when you know the team stinks...is there really a reason to watch the same script play out over and over?

we know the o line blows....and we know the wr's blow....what's the point of watching them suck week after week. :?:

good times and bad my friend.

good times and bad.

sometimes it isn't easy being a good fan. ;)
    www.myspace.com

good times and bad.

Well said, my friend.
    crazypjfan wrote:

good times and bad.

Well said, my friend.

it's the bad times that make the good times so much sweeter. that's why '08 in this town was so incredible.

if you abandon your team during the bad times, you shouldn't be invited to the parade :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    rooting for you guys today