**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jopetto75 wrote:
    The o line will improve next year everybody wants to blame Jones or Garrett there not the one making the plays out there yes you have to put your players in the best situation to be effective. Sometimes those players have to improv there way thru a play cause everything is moving so fast!
    Lets tap the breaks on Garrett, Jones will be Jones haven't seen him on the field yet thats a plus.
    Its these growing pains now that will make them better cause there past drafts have just been terrible!
    Jones to blame there. They are the third best team in the division rt now, that could change next week.
    If we go out and just play football just play smart and do what GB did today just put a ass kicking.
    Funny just thought of something Rangers and St Louis this ought to be a fun week for these 4 franchises alot of people will be talking about these 2 cities this week.
    Back to the boys everyone is at fault that put on a helmet with a star on the side but they will improve I am
    just worried about our running game Murray did impress me a little after felix hurt his left ear or whatever it was this week. He plays scared You cant play in the NFL if your scared! u just cant
    I see at best 8 and 8 cause coming off a bye week if you dont win I forget the stat but very seldom do teams make the playoffs if they do not win there game after the bye week.
    I will still watch every game as I always do I bleed silver and blue always have since the year of the catch in 82 when I was 7 and cried like a little girl. I won't jump ship just yet but I just want to see improvement from week to week and maybe we got a shot at a playoff very unlikely but always hope this is a crazy league. Our schedule is in our favor, the Giants got a hard row to hoe. If Romo would get the ball to Dez more that would open up more options like running the ball, lets see what Murray can do there will be growing pains but at least he doesnt play scared and if the o line just gets better and if Romo does not make stupid throws there is still hope for this season. If they loose next week might be time to start to panic and you know steven jackson loves playing the cowboys cause we chose, no we traded down for spears and the other jones.
    wish we had a do over there.
    anyways gotta win against St Louis a blowout win at that, so that would be 10 points or more if were lucky. I gotta stop I could go on all night "got all night why be content to just get by got all night"
    I cant stand that Detroit coach if he isn't a wanna be look at me puppet Who will be lucky to have a head coaching job in two years I dont know who coaches that team but it aint him, thats one good thing about Garrett he has class winning or loosing watch he will have these boys ready to play next week, you know rex will, we need more energy from the offense. anybody maybe its Murray lets hope!

You make some valid points...for me it's the dumb stuff that keeps happening...lining up offside on a kickoff, Spencer's running into the kicker...holding penalties...stuff like that has been going on year after year.

I had no illusions that this team would make the playoffs...pretty hard with such a young O line...I'm pretty much thinking 7-8 wins.

I more frustrated with the Cowboys last possession, I really thought they would have some designed relatively safe passing plays that could have gotten a couple first downs to seal the deal. As frustrating as Romo can be with his mistakes I still think you have to design some kind of play that gives him a shot to keep ball in the Cowboys hands.

They also had 2 weeks to work on his mistakes...

But you did make some very good points...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Stupid penalties and the fumble by Tashard Choice really hurt yesterday. But...we still had a chance down the stretch and our defense didn't get it done. However, it's not easy to stop Brady and the Patriots on a game-winning drive.

I thought our D played well overall. Offense needs to score td's around the redzone. Hopefully, we continue to get better and learn from this game. Losing by 4 points to the Patriots is not bad. It was tough to swallow though since we were right there at the end...

The Boys are still the best team in the NFC East and should be able to put together a nice string of wins playing sub par teams the next 3 weeks.

I think he is like the most Cowboy fans....frustrated
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Stupid penalties. Inability to finish drives. Inability to protect leads. Ridiculous play-calling. All of this has led the team to have their 5 games decided by a total of 16 points, three of them losses.

When it is that close, you can start nitpicking and pointing out details, because that is the difference. One fumble by Choice - who knows what would have happened? A dropped pass by Austin - again, who knows? A holding call here and there. These things don't mean much if you are winning or losing big, but it looks like the Cowboys have to play perfect, mistake-free ball to win by just a little and they don't have the ability to do that. One little error could cost them the game. And they make a lot of little, preventable errors.

Romo threw for more yards and had a better rating than Brady. Neither team could run it. They out-gained the Patriots. They were +2 in the turnover battle. They sacked Brady three times. You tell me all of that, and I tell you the Cowboys win.

But, they had double the penalties - 10 to New England's 5.

That is the most maddening thing about this. They have shown that if they just cut the mistakes, they can beat anybody. But they don't so they lose. Its not like they are getting blown out every week.

And on that last drive, Garrett just showed the world that he really doesn't trust Romo if he can't call one pass play to get a first down, even when Romo has had a pretty good day.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Flagg wrote:

And on that last drive, Garrett just showed the world that he really doesn't trust Romo if he can't call one pass play to get a first down, even when Romo has had a pretty good day.

Yeah, that was weird. It's almost like Garrett went to an extreme by running every single down in the end there. All because of what happened in the Lions game. That pissed me off yesterday. You need to try and finish off a team that has the best qb to ever play the game. His play calling is mind boggling sometimes.. :roll:
    Arlington will be rockin' this Sunday with Boys/Rams and Cards/Rangers. Very interesting that it worked out so two St. Louis teams play two Texas teams all in the same town(across the street from each other).
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Arlington will be rockin' this Sunday with Boys/Rams and Cards/Rangers. Very interesting that it worked out so two St. Louis teams play two Texas teams all in the same town(across the street from each other).

yeah you guys should have a lot of fun down there next weekend.....and by "you guys" i mean flagg. :o:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:

yeah you guys should have a lot of fun down there next weekend.....and by "you guys" i mean flagg. :o:lol:

It's funny that you say that because I am going to be down there visiting my Aunt this weekend ;) Don't have tix to the game yet, but I'm workin' on it..
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

It's funny that you say that because I am going to be down there visiting my Aunt this weekend ;) Don't have tix to the game yet, but I'm workin' on it..

good luck. there's only a half a million seats in that place. :roll:

we had phils/yanks and birds/giants and pearl jam a couple years back. tough for any town to top that one.
    www.myspace.com
    Cowboys lose their way in red zone

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... p-red-zone

crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

This will be the least expensive Cowboys game to attend all year, if not the last 2 or 3 years.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Flagg wrote:
    This will be the least expensive Cowboys game to attend all year, if not the last 2 or 3 years.

I don't know. I bet people pack it in for what SHOULD be a guaranteed win against an 0-5 Rams team.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    5 Cowboys hot topics after 20-16 loss to Patriots

New England quarterback Tom Brady pulled off another signature fourth quarter comeback to defeat the visiting Cowboys 20-16 on Sunday.

Here are five interesting topics from the Week 6 loss in Foxborough, Mass.

1.) Jerry Jones was not pleased with Jason Garrett's decision making in the final minutes. Clinging to a three-point lead with three minutes to play, the Cowboys ran the ball three consecutive times and then punted, allowing Brady to have enough time to complete a touchdown scoring drive. Here were Jones' thoughts when he witnessed his team not throwing the football. "They're gonna get at least a field goal. We'll be lucky to get to overtime." That's what the Cowboys owner told Yahoo! Sports.

"When you get in a situation like that, you've got to go for the kill," Jones said. "I felt like we could've been more aggressive. Our defense had been good all day, but you knew Brady had a length-of-the-field drive in him - so it didn't surprise me at all when he took them down at the end." Jones also added that he has "complete confidence" in Romo "making throws at the end of a ballgame."

He added: "We've been burned a couple of times this year, but I still like his chances in those situations."

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't, but I think we should have tried a little harder to keep Brady off the field for as long as possible.

2.) The Cowboys defense deserves credit for putting the team in position to win. Just ask Patriots guard Brian Waters. "They are as good as there is in the NFL. Period,'' Waters told the Boston Globe. "And I'm not trying to blow them up or anything like that. It's just the truth. Without a shadow of a doubt they've got the type of athletes, they've got the type of versatility scheme-wise, they have a very creative defensive coordinator and you have to know you're going to get as good as it gets in the NFL.'' The Cowboys defense held the Patriots under 30 points for the first time since the last time they faced a Rob Ryan defense, a 34-14 Cleveland victory on Nov. 7.

I agree that this defense is awesome, but they have some work to be done before the playoffs.

3.) How will DeMarcus Ware recover from his back spasms? The Cowboys' most important defender turned in one of his best outings of the year against New England, finishing with two sacks and five tackles. Ware didn't seem to miss much time because of the back issue, but It's hard to imagine Rob Ryan's defense being as effective without arguably the best pass rusher in the game.

I hope Ware will be alright because we clearly need him. He's a BEAST.

4.) Tom Brady overcame the amoeba. According to ESPN Boston , Rob Ryan chose to use a defensive scheme called the "amoeba" in the final minutes Sunday. The formation positions at least five defensive players in the box with sometimes not even one down linemen. While it's designed to confuse the quarterback, Brady managed to find success. According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Cowboys utilized the amoeba defense only 14.1 percent of the time through the first 57:29 of the game. "What they do is they make you earn every yard,'' Brady told the Boston Globe. "It's not like there are a bunch of gimme throws out there or gimme routes or gimme calls from the sideline. There are a lot of different things and they have a lot of good players that can execute it. It's a good defense and they really made us earn it today.''

Why go with the amoeba when we had success shutting them down the 86% that we didn't utilize this D?

5.) The running game could actually get worse. It wasn't a strong unit o begin with but with significant injuries suffered by starting right guard Bill Nagy and starting running back Felix Jones. Nagy could be lost for the year with a fractured ankle and Jones, who was already nursing a shoulder injury, suffered a high ankle sprain in New England.

I disagree with this since Murray seems to be ready for an expanded role in the offense and I think he a great runner.
    I guess the Rams went out to get Brandon Lloyd so they can hang with the Cowboys :lol:
    crazypjfan wrote:

1.) Jerry Jones was not pleased with Jason Garrett's decision making in the final minutes. Clinging to a three-point lead with three minutes to play, the Cowboys ran the ball three consecutive times and then punted, allowing Brady to have enough time to complete a touchdown scoring drive. Here were Jones' thoughts when he witnessed his team not throwing the football. "They're gonna get at least a field goal. We'll be lucky to get to overtime." That's what the Cowboys owner told Yahoo! Sports.

"When you get in a situation like that, you've got to go for the kill," Jones said. "I felt like we could've been more aggressive. Our defense had been good all day, but you knew Brady had a length-of-the-field drive in him - so it didn't surprise me at all when he took them down at the end." Jones also added that he has "complete confidence" in Romo "making throws at the end of a ballgame."

He added: "We've been burned a couple of times this year, but I still like his chances in those situations."

I don't know about that one. From the way the Patriots offense and the Cowboys defense had been playing, I was convinced those 3 points would win the game. Jones has perfect 20/20 hindsight, but it wasn't a given that Brady had that drive in him. The Patriots had not scored a single point the entire second half of the game, and every time the Patriots got the ball they pissed it away. Jones knew that Brady had a length of the field drive in him, as soon as that length of the field drive was completed.
    crazypjfan wrote:

I don't know about that one. From the way the Patriots offense and the Cowboys defense had been playing, I was convinced those 3 points would win the game. Jones has perfect 20/20 hindsight, but it wasn't a given that Brady had that drive in him. The Patriots had not scored a single point the entire second half of the game, and every time the Patriots got the ball they pissed it away. Jones knew that Brady had a length of the field drive in him, as soon as that length of the field drive was completed.

But why piss the ball away with three straight runs and give Brady that opportunity? Even though our D has been playing well, I still had the weird feeling that Brady would get a TD in the end.

It's always better to end the game on a knee than it is to rely on your d.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    But why piss the ball away with three straight runs and give Brady that opportunity? Even though our D has been playing well, I still had the weird feeling that Brady would get a TD in the end.

It's always better to end the game on a knee than it is to rely on your d.

True, but think back to the Lions game, and while the situations aren't exactly the same, people were railing on him for not playing conservatively with the lead. Throwing the ball is not always a good idea when Tony Romo is your quarterback. Regardless of whether you like him or not (I've made my feelings on him clear) he is more than capable of single-handedly blowing a game. If they throw the ball and it gets intercepted, or they go 3 and out and punt the ball (without running hardly any time off the clock) people would probably be on Garrett's ass about not running the ball. But I don't think Garrett handled that situation, or many other situations very well, and this all goes back to my feeling that Garrett just isn't head coach material, which goes back to the main problem with every Cowboys season in recent memory, Jerry Jones.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    crazypjfan wrote:

I disagree, I had the same thought as Jones. As soon as the Cowboys settled for a FG instead of scoring a touchdown, I thought that was the ball game. You can't give Brady that many chances, he will burn you eventually.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    So...if the Cowboys odds to win the superbowl are +4000 and I place a small wager...say $200...would I win $8,000??

Not sure how that one works since I saw that someone bet $250 on the Cardinals winning the NL with 500 to 1 odds and won $125,000. BettingTicket2-copy1.jpg

I know this is a big IF but its a small chunk of change and worth a shot at +4000.
    Finally a win with some breathing room...no big deal only St. Louis...a team you should beat handilly.

Philly up next and a Sunday night game...

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Wow....just think that the Rams almost made the play-offs last year....happy to see the 'Boys play so well
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    crazypjfan wrote:
    So...if the Cowboys odds to win the superbowl are +4000 and I place a small wager...say $200...would I win $8,000??

Not sure how that one works since I saw that someone bet $250 on the Cardinals winning the NL with 500 to 1 odds and won $125,000. BettingTicket2-copy1.jpg

I know this is a big IF but its a small chunk of change and worth a shot at +4000.

that would be a cool $800,000

at 4000-1, for eacy dollar you bet, you win 4K
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Ladies and gentlemen - the franchise record for rushing yards in a single game - Demarco Murray.

How weird is that?
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Demarco Murray...hehehehe...very strange, however, I like how he ran the ball against the Pats, and then to explode like this against the Rams. I hope he is our answer to the lack of a running game. Felix Jones does not seem suited to have a lot of carries.

Flagg wrote:
    Ladies and gentlemen - the franchise record for rushing yards in a single game - Demarco Murray.

How weird is that?

Didn't find it weird at all since I follow this team pretty regularly. I mentioned last week that he was ready for an expanded role in this offense when people were crying the blues about the running game with Nagy and Jones hurt. Further, I think Philip Tanner is a much better runner than Choice.

What a great game! I didn't have to hold my breath or even shout out any f-bombs out at the end of a cowboys game for the first time in a while. However, it WAS against the Rams and that's what youre supposed to do to those types of teams.

Looks like some smooth sailing ahead for the Boys, imo. Eagles, Seahawks, Bills, Skins, Dolphins, Cardinals. They should be able to take 5 of the next 6. I'd be really shocked if we aren't 8-4 or 9-3 with 4 to play. Of course, there are variables here, but we have the talent and should continue to improve on D.

Bring on the Dreamers! :D
    so lets say you at a bar watching the game....

why would you be yelling and cheering a late 4th qtr TD when your team is blowing out a bad Rams team....

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    so lets say you at a bar watching the game....

why would you be yelling and cheering a late 4th qtr TD when your team is blowing out a bad Rams team....

:lol:

I wouldn't be but when your team's last 11 games were decided by 4 points or less...well...that might be worth a little excitement in a blowout :lol:

Forte=beast 8-)
    "We just have to see what the health of Felix Jones is," coach Jason Garrett said. "We're certainly hopeful we get Felix back. He's been our bell-cow runner here for the last year or so. He's done an outstanding job with his opportunities so far, but certainly DeMarco warrants some playing time after today's performance."

I want what Garrett is smoking :lol: SOME playing time. Really Jason?
    crazypjfan wrote:
    "We just have to see what the health of Felix Jones is," coach Jason Garrett said. "We're certainly hopeful we get Felix back. He's been our bell-cow runner here for the last year or so. He's done an outstanding job with his opportunities so far, but certainly DeMarco warrants some playing time after today's performance."

coach talk...

how can you not give DeMarco a ton of carriers going forward.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

coach talk...

For sure. Below is my favorite part of his game. He should teach Romo about not doing anything extra or fancy at the end of games :lol:

Perhaps as impressive as Murray's elusiveness was his decision making. On a 43-yard fourth-quarter run with the Cowboys leading 20-7, he just stopped and fell down to end it at the Rams 30.

"I was just a little gassed," Murray said. "I was just trying to be smart and get down and not do anything extra and possibly fumble the ball."
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

coach talk...

For sure. Below is my favorite part of his game. He should teach Romo about not doing anything extra or fancy at the end of games :lol:

Perhaps as impressive as Murray's elusiveness was his decision making. On a 43-yard fourth-quarter run with the Cowboys leading 20-7, he just stopped and fell down to end it at the Rams 30.

"I was just a little gassed," Murray said. "I was just trying to be smart and get down and not do anything extra and possibly fumble the ball."

:roll:

saw that play...yes they had a big lead, yes it was late in teh game....but you just don't stop and fall down. you hold the ball tight and run until you reach the endzone or your are tackled.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg