**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    81 wrote:

:roll:

saw that play...yes they had a big lead, yes it was late in teh game....but you just don't stop and fall down. you hold the ball tight and run until you reach the endzone or your are tackled.

Not with that kind of lead and your no. 1 and 2 backs out with injuries. Smart play, imo
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

saw that play...yes they had a big lead, yes it was late in teh game....but you just don't stop and fall down. you hold the ball tight and run until you reach the endzone or your are tackled.

Not with that kind of lead and your no. 1 and 2 backs out with injuries. Smart play, imo

if that is the case, you need to put your number 3 back to start the series.

i don't respect falling down untouched becasue you are "gassed"
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

if that is the case, you need to put your number 3 back to start the series.

i don't respect falling down untouched becasue you are "gassed"

In that situation, I respect being gassed and falling down. Close ball game and falling down cuz you're tired...Not acceptable...

Give the guy a break, 81, he's a rookie and didn't even start the game! :)

Are you jealous bc he beat out Forte's 205 yard performance? ;)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    crazypjfan wrote:
    In that situation, I respect being gassed and falling down. Close ball game and falling down cuz you're tired...Not acceptable...

Give the guy a break, 81, he's a rookie and didn't even start the game! :)

Are you jealous bc he beat out Forte's 205 yard performance? ;)

:lol:

Forte is only leading the league in yards from scrimmage....not sure i need to be jealous of any RB right now. :P

we'll just agree to disagree on this...because if all you want to do is run clock...you might as well take a knee three times and punt.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Forte is only leading the league in yards from scrimmage....not sure i need to be jealous of any RB right now. :P

we'll just agree to disagree on this...because if all you want to do is run clock...you might as well take a knee three times and punt.

I agree, Forte is unbelievable this year!!!

Yeah, in the moment while watching him fall down I was a little pissed. Either way, it was a great performance but time will tell how good Murray can be. It will be nice to have him and Felix Jones running the show at some point. I'm just not sold on Choice and his fumbling...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I'm going to keep the game in perspective...you should beat St. Louis the way we did...they are not a good football team. I really hope murray is the answer at the RB position...but I'll keep my enthusiasm in check, 1 game does not make a career. Now onto a much bigger test...bring on the Eagles!!!
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    On the replay it looked like Murray just stumbled and tripped. Maybe he is just trying to say he did that on purpose.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    crazypjfan wrote:
    "We just have to see what the health of Felix Jones is," coach Jason Garrett said. "We're certainly hopeful we get Felix back. He's been our bell-cow runner here for the last year or so. He's done an outstanding job with his opportunities so far, but certainly DeMarco warrants some playing time after today's performance."

I want what Garrett is smoking :lol: SOME playing time. Really Jason?
    The "bell-cow" runner????? More like a lame horse runner....I'm sorry, but Felix is looking like another flash in the pan 1st round bust for the Jones boys....I'm sure there is front office pressure to keep using him because of that.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    So...if the Cowboys odds to win the superbowl are +4000 and I place a small wager...say $200...would I win $8,000??

Not sure how that one works since I saw that someone bet $250 on the Cardinals winning the NL with 500 to 1 odds and won $125,000. BettingTicket2-copy1.jpg

I know this is a big IF but its a small chunk of change and worth a shot at +4000.

that would be a cool $800,000

at 4000-1, for eacy dollar you bet, you win 4K

It was +4000 so I will win $8k if the Boys win the Superbowl(long shot I know, but anything is possible). If not, I will just sell my pj backpack for $1k! :lol::lol: kidding, of course
    Felix Jones would be alright if they used him more like how Reggie Bush was used in NO...but not as 15-20 carry a game back...I'd like to see what Murray can do on a regular basis...if they don't run the ball more consistently then they will not contend. Tony Romo has above average skills, I just don't think he makes good decisions often enough.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Fightin' words from Philly: Writer takes shots at Jerry, the star & Landry's hat

FRANK FITZPATRICK

Philadelphia Inquirer

PHILADELPHIA — It’s nice that the Eagles and Cowboys typically play on Sundays. That way, if I want to light a votive candle and pray that Miles Austin develops scurvy, I don’t have to make a special trip to church.

Wish I understood my Cowboys aversion. All I know is that as a real Philadelphian, they inspire the same kind of animus as Super Pretzels. And for exactly the same reason: They’re both tasteless.

People often ask me why I dislike the Cowboys so. As Elizabeth Barrett Browning, a Dallas cheerleader until pantaloons above the ankle prompted her resignation, once wrote, let me count the ways:

Tom Landry’s hat. Did he think he was hiding his baldness? The Cowboys first coach wore fedoras right through the Age of Aquarius, shielding his head while the rest of us were expanding ours. I could maybe see the need for one on a December Sunday in Green Bay. But indoors in New Orleans? Or Miami? It was an affectation of the arrogant.

Jimmy Johnson’s hair. Speaking of inappropriate headwear. The guy apparently missed wearing a helmet so much that he created one out of hair, mousse and his Arkansas sensibility.

Jerry Jones’ face. It’s been lifted more frequently than Kyle Kendrick. The current owner’s narcissistic infatuation with Botox speaks volumes about his ego, his team and his disposable income.

The old stadium. Who builds a football stadium in a place called Irving ? Has there ever been a Texan whose first name was Irving? If so, I’m betting he didn’t wear spurs. Anyway, is the weather in Texas so bad and are the fans so delicate that they needed to cover the stands with a roof? Typically arrogant Cowboys fans liked to say the reason there was a hole in the roof was so God could watch his favorite team. If God’s really a Dallas fan, how do you explain Leon Lett?

The new stadium. Aside from Rick Perry , is there a more ridiculous monument to Texas excess? A $1.5 billion shopping mall of a stadium in a state where the governor seriously considered laying off 100,000 teachers.

Michael Irvin. Tough to like the man who still holds the NFL record for most felonies in a season.

Deion Sanders. Enough said.

Lee Roy Jordan. This 1960s Cowboys linebacker was obnoxious long before that trait was in vogue.

Tony Romo. Dallas’ maddeningly erratic QB once dated Jessica Simpson, perhaps the reason his quarterback rating that year was lower than her IQ.

Barry Switzer. If there ever was a more oily football coach — not counting Johnson and his hair tonic — I can’t recall him. He’s his sport’s answer to John Calipari and Bobby Huggins.

The star I like most stars. The Christmas star, movie stars, Converse All-Stars, Ringo and Sally Starr. But the mere sight of one of the blue Cowboys variety is enough to make me physically ill.

Dallas. Don’t think I’ll ever be able to disassociate the city from the JFK assassination. Dallas stole my innocence. And where was Joe Bob Isbell on Nov. 22, 1963?
    Hot topic lately, this idea of whether the 3-3 Dallas Cowboys, given the way the schedule shakes out the rest of the way, have the NFC East right where they want it. ESPNDallas.com tackles the issue today with a Hot Button debate on whether the Cowboys will, in fact, win this division. Todd Archer takes the position that they will:

Sunday's game at Lincoln Financial Field is huge. With a win the Cowboys would improve to 2-0 in the NFC East and force the Eagles to play almost flawlessly in their final nine games.

The schedule helps the Cowboys, too. They have four games against teams with a winning record at present. The Giants and Redskins have five apiece. Philadelphia has four.

While Tim MacMahon sticks to his preseason prediction of an 8-8 Cowboys finish:

I'd rank the 3-3 Cowboys third among the NFC East teams with a legitimate chance to win the division championship.

That opinion might have a shelf life of only five more days. It will change if the Cowboys manage to pull out a win at Lincoln Financial Field, which would essentially cross the Eagles off the list of NFC East contenders. Call me crazy, but I still believe the Eagles defend their division throne.

My opinion is closer to Archer's, and I actually think the Cowboys can lose Sunday night and still get to 10 or 11 wins, the way their schedule lays out the rest of the way. I had them 10-6 in my preseason predictions and have so far seen no reason to change that. I had the Jets and Patriots games as losses, may have had them beating the Lions and think they've played the highest-level football of any team in the division to this point. I think Sunday's game is much more important for the Eagles than it is for Dallas, which can split with Philly and New York and still take this division ... in my opinion, that is.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Fightin' words from Philly: Writer takes shots at Jerry, the star & Landry's hat

FRANK FITZPATRICK

Philadelphia Inquirer

PHILADELPHIA — It’s nice that the Eagles and Cowboys typically play on Sundays. That way, if I want to light a votive candle and pray that Miles Austin develops scurvy, I don’t have to make a special trip to church.

Wish I understood my Cowboys aversion. All I know is that as a real Philadelphian, they inspire the same kind of animus as Super Pretzels. And for exactly the same reason: They’re both tasteless.

People often ask me why I dislike the Cowboys so. As Elizabeth Barrett Browning, a Dallas cheerleader until pantaloons above the ankle prompted her resignation, once wrote, let me count the ways:

Tom Landry’s hat. Did he think he was hiding his baldness? The Cowboys first coach wore fedoras right through the Age of Aquarius, shielding his head while the rest of us were expanding ours. I could maybe see the need for one on a December Sunday in Green Bay. But indoors in New Orleans? Or Miami? It was an affectation of the arrogant.

Jimmy Johnson’s hair. Speaking of inappropriate headwear. The guy apparently missed wearing a helmet so much that he created one out of hair, mousse and his Arkansas sensibility.

Jerry Jones’ face. It’s been lifted more frequently than Kyle Kendrick. The current owner’s narcissistic infatuation with Botox speaks volumes about his ego, his team and his disposable income.

The old stadium. Who builds a football stadium in a place called Irving ? Has there ever been a Texan whose first name was Irving? If so, I’m betting he didn’t wear spurs. Anyway, is the weather in Texas so bad and are the fans so delicate that they needed to cover the stands with a roof? Typically arrogant Cowboys fans liked to say the reason there was a hole in the roof was so God could watch his favorite team. If God’s really a Dallas fan, how do you explain Leon Lett?

The new stadium. Aside from Rick Perry , is there a more ridiculous monument to Texas excess? A $1.5 billion shopping mall of a stadium in a state where the governor seriously considered laying off 100,000 teachers.

Michael Irvin. Tough to like the man who still holds the NFL record for most felonies in a season.

Lee Roy Jordan. This 1960s Cowboys linebacker was obnoxious long before that trait was in vogue.

Tony Romo. Dallas’ maddeningly erratic QB once dated Jessica Simpson, perhaps the reason his quarterback rating that year was lower than her IQ.

Barry Switzer. If there ever was a more oily football coach — not counting Johnson and his hair tonic — I can’t recall him. He’s his sport’s answer to John Calipari and Bobby Huggins.

The star I like most stars. The Christmas star, movie stars, Converse All-Stars, Ringo and Sally Starr. But the mere sight of one of the blue Cowboys variety is enough to make me physically ill.

Dallas. Don’t think I’ll ever be able to disassociate the city from the JFK assassination. Dallas stole my innocence. And where was Joe Bob Isbell on Nov. 22, 1963?

I realize this was written in jest, but the inferiority complex is starting to get old. We get it Philly. You don't like Dallas, but really aren't sure why. Do something about it. Win a title some day. Until then, realize the Eagles aren't our #1 rival. It has always been the Redskins. No one down here gets physically ill at the sight of the Eagle logo. We just shake our heads. :lol:

And invoking Michael Irvin's cocaine issues? I am sorry, but when have Mike Vick your argument is invalid.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Hot topic lately, this idea of whether the 3-3 Dallas Cowboys, given the way the schedule shakes out the rest of the way, have the NFC East right where they want it. ESPNDallas.com tackles the issue today with a Hot Button debate on whether the Cowboys will, in fact, win this division. Todd Archer takes the position that they will:

Sunday's game at Lincoln Financial Field is huge. With a win the Cowboys would improve to 2-0 in the NFC East and force the Eagles to play almost flawlessly in their final nine games.

The schedule helps the Cowboys, too. They have four games against teams with a winning record at present. The Giants and Redskins have five apiece. Philadelphia has four.

I'd rank the 3-3 Cowboys third among the NFC East teams with a legitimate chance to win the division championship.

That opinion might have a shelf life of only five more days. It will change if the Cowboys manage to pull out a win at Lincoln Financial Field, which would essentially cross the Eagles off the list of NFC East contenders. Call me crazy, but I still believe the Eagles defend their division throne.

My opinion is closer to Archer's, and I actually think the Cowboys can lose Sunday night and still get to 10 or 11 wins, the way their schedule lays out the rest of the way. I had them 10-6 in my preseason predictions and have so far seen no reason to change that. I had the Jets and Patriots games as losses, may have had them beating the Lions and think they've played the highest-level football of any team in the division to this point. I think Sunday's game is much more important for the Eagles than it is for Dallas, which can split with Philly and New York and still take this division ... in my opinion, that is.

Dallas is going to benefit from one of the easiest schedules in years. I just wish they had been able to hold on against the Jets and Patriots.

Regardless, a win would go a long way to pretty much ending the Eagles' season.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

FRANK FITZPATRICK

Philadelphia Inquirer

I realize this was written in jest, but the inferiority complex is starting to get old. We get it Philly. You don't like Dallas, but really aren't sure why. Do something about it. Win a title some day. Until then, realize the Eagles aren't our #1 rival. It has always been the Redskins. No one down here gets physically ill at the sight of the Eagle logo. We just shake our heads. :lol:

And invoking Michael Irvin's cocaine issues? I am sorry, but when have Mike Vick your argument is invalid.

I always get way more pumped for the Skins than I do the Eagles, and probably more for the Giants than Eagles...I also think it has to do with championships...both the Skins and Giants have won.

As for Irvin...goodness...like he's the only one whoever has.

Flagg wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Dallas is going to benefit from one of the easiest schedules in years. I just wish they had been able to hold on against the Jets and Patriots.

At this point the D looks to be getting better and healthier...those losses do hurt...but on the bright side this team looks so much better than last years team.

Goodluck to your Rangers tonight!!!!

Flagg wrote:

Yeah, the Eagles-Cowboys rivalry is really in Philly's heads. I think it's a jealous thing or something :roll:

I get up more for the Skins and Giants as well. Maybe it is bc of the title thing, like lukin mentioned, I don't know. It is fun seeing the Eagles fall on their face every year, though :lol:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    you realize frank fitzpatrick is a has-been writer around here right? :lol:

there's a bigger eagles/giants rivalry right now than with the cowboys......maybe if you guys would have won more than 1 playoff game in the last decade and half things would be different ;):mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

there's a bigger eagles/giants rivalry right now than with the cowboys......maybe if you guys would have won more than 1 playoff game in the last decade and half things would be different ;):mrgreen:

Noone remembers winning a few playoff games, except you :lol: They count titles, I believe ;)
    crazypjfan wrote:

Noone remembers winning a few playoff games, except you :lol: They count titles, I believe ;)

the point is nobody has considered the cowboys a serious threat for quite a while. the giants rivalry is clearly more juiced right now for the eagles.

there have been plenty of stories written this week around here about the fan's growing apathy towards dallas. it's still a rivalry...but it's lost it's luster.

i appreciate you trying to stir the pot though. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

there have been plenty of stories written this week around here about the fan's growing apathy towards dallas. it's still a rivalry...but it's lost it's luster.

Anytime, my friend :D

btw, the reason it has lost its luster is because........so have the Birds :lol:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

At this point the D looks to be getting better and healthier...those losses do hurt...but on the bright side this team looks so much better than last years team.

Goodluck to your Rangers tonight!!!!

Thank you! I may be still to drunk to enjoy the Cowboys on Sunday regardless of what happens over the next couple of nights!

I am in serious flip-the-fuck-out mode right now. I can't get anything done at work.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14

Yeah, I knew he was just trying to stir the pot.

Actually I do kind of hate the Giants more than anyone at this point. I still can't get over Eli winning a Super Bowl. Ugh.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    crazypjfan wrote:

Anytime, my friend :D

btw, the reason it has lost its luster is because........so have the Birds :lol:

nah. giants are the bigger rivalry dude. sorry.
    www.myspace.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Flagg wrote:

Actually I do kind of hate the Giants more than anyone at this point. I still can't get over Eli winning a Super Bowl. Ugh.

Yeah, that still kind of bugs me too. I've hated Eli ever since he acted like a little baby at the draft, so I wanted them to get beat. Also, I was hoping for New England to have the perfect season. For one thing because after hearing about it non-stop, it would be so anti-climactic to blow it and all that hype was for nothing. And also just to shut up those '72 Dolphins. Damn those are some grumpy old dudes, and kind of douchey.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    No matter what the biggest rivalry in the division is...the nfc east has to be the best division in all of na sports...I can't think of a division where all 4 teams really gear up to playing each other and the fans are get really pumped for the games...I certainly think it helps that each team has a history with each other and have had success whether its recent or years ago. Even though I don't consider the eagles our biggest rival still looking forward to this game!!!

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    lukin2006 wrote:
    No matter what the biggest rivalry in the division is...the nfc east has to be the best division in all of na sports...I can't think of a division where all 4 teams really gear up to playing each other and the fans are get really pumped for the games...I certainly think it helps that each team has a history with each other and have had success whether its recent or years ago. Even though I don't consider the eagles our biggest rival still looking forward to this game!!!

I gotta go with the NFC North. Packers/Bears, Packers/Vikings, those are great rivalries. And now that Detroit is out of the toilet it's even more interesting.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Flagg wrote:

Yeah, that still kind of bugs me too. I've hated Eli ever since he acted like a little baby at the draft, so I wanted them to get beat. Also, I was hoping for New England to have the perfect season. For one thing because after hearing about it non-stop, it would be so anti-climactic to blow it and all that hype was for nothing. And also just to shut up those '72 Dolphins. Damn those are some grumpy old dudes, and kind of douchey.

They are grumpy for sure...1 of these years some team will accomplish it...maybe Green Bay this year!!!

lukin2006 wrote:

It helps that we are all capable of beating each other. A lot of the other divisions can't say that.

Wish it was a little more regional though like Chicago/Green Bay, etc.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    lukin2006 wrote:

I gotta go with the NFC North. Packers/Bears, Packers/Vikings, those are great rivalries. And now that Detroit is out of the toilet it's even more interesting.

I'm sticking with East...Detroit is the bad link in the chain...they just haven't had enough success for me to through them in there yet.

In the nfc east it always seems like a big game no matter what teams are playing...I never miss an nfc east matcup...just my opinions.