**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Run the ball.
    Run the ball.
    Run the ball.
    Run the ball.

You had a 24 point lead in the 2nd half!! WTF?!?!

What a crazy couple of weeks. The Cowboys for the first time in their long history blow a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter. They follow that up with two good games and for the first time in their log history they have a guy named
    NFL Defensive Player of the Month. They follow that up with the largest blown lead in their long history.

What the hell is going on with this fucking team?

Oh and to the Lions fan. Shit on us all you want. We deserve it after today. The Lions still have issues but that offense is legit.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Hey guys, long time Cowboys fan, just found this thread. This game put me in a bad mood the rest of the day. It was the Jets game all over again, they control the game and then give it away. This one was on Romo and Garrett, no excuse for blowing that kind of lead. Thankfully the schedule isn't horrible this year, if they can win the divisional games maybe they can be a wild card... sigh...
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Posts: 2,036
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I apologize to Lukin and Canada...I am just fed up with Detroit getting shat on. All we have is our sports and football has been non existent almost my entire life. The fans are just excited.
    I don't want any beef here.

No problem...but I think Detroit will always get shit on...the only team in Detroit I like is the Tigers...so I've followed a crappy team for years...it'd be nice to see Detroit come back as a city...really doubt it will happen. As for Hockey I don't even follow it till the playoffs...I follow our junior team more closely.

My only point of contention was the "typical Detroit fan" comment. Detroit is a great city. It is the unfortunate view of the "outside" public that persists.
    It's all good. :D We're used to it. Maybe even like it. Proud to carry the Old English D with me!
    Good luck to Dallas with the rest of their season!
    MLMF Det
    Flagg wrote:
    Oh and to the Lions fan. Shit on us all you want. We deserve it after today. The Lions still have issues but that offense is legit.

hahaha...thanks...they were pretty non-existent the first half. I'll take the comeback though.
    MLMF Det
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I apologize to Lukin and Canada...I am just fed up with Detroit getting shat on. All we have is our sports and football has been non existent almost my entire life. The fans are just excited.
    I don't want any beef here.

No problem...but I think Detroit will always get shit on...the only team in Detroit I like is the Tigers...so I've followed a crappy team for years...it'd be nice to see Detroit come back as a city...really doubt it will happen. As for Hockey I don't even follow it till the playoffs...I follow our junior team more closely.

My only point of contention was the "typical Detroit fan" comment. Detroit is a great city. It is the unfortunate view of the "outside" public that persists.
    It's all good. :D We're used to it. Maybe even like it. Proud to carry the Old English D with me!
    Good luck to Dallas with the rest of their season!

It's all good...good luck to the lions...looking forward to those green bay games.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:

It's all good...good luck to the lions...looking forward to those green bay games.

Me too...I just want two healthy teams playing each other. We haven't had that luxury the last couple years.
    MLMF Det
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    I should really clear up any misconceptions here that I may have left earlier.

Any and all comments made about sports teams are truly tongue in cheek. I am the most sarcastic when it comes to sports fans, especially the ones that are a little too obsessed. As for cities and countries... I never give them any shit. I am from Wyoming! I get all the back woods, redneck, racist, religilous, no-body cares remarks anyway. Why would I want to open a can of worms there?

That being said, I am very happy that those Detroit Lions are rolling!!! So many close games last year, followed hopefully by learning how to win this year. I think they are for real, but the devil is in the details. Can they win down the stretch? Who knows.

And this being the Dallas thread, of course I have to admit, they suck. Those are only my tongue in cheek comments. Dont take them seriously.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    I should really clear up any misconceptions here that I may have left earlier.

Any and all comments made about sports teams are truly tongue in cheek. I am the most sarcastic when it comes to sports fans, especially the ones that are a little too obsessed. As for cities and countries... I never give them any shit. I am from Wyoming! I get all the back woods, redneck, racist, religilous, no-body cares remarks anyway. Why would I want to open a can of worms there?

That being said, I am very happy that those Detroit Lions are rolling!!! So many close games last year, followed hopefully by learning how to win this year. I think they are for real, but the devil is in the details. Can they win down the stretch? Who knows.

And this being the Dallas thread, of course I have to admit, they suck. Those are only my tongue in cheek comments. Dont take them seriously.

No problem...all's good...yay I don't get the overly obsessed fans either...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:

No problem...all's good...yay I don't get the overly obsessed fans either...

LOL, sorry this comment just cracked me up seeing it posted on the PJ forums :lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    Flagg wrote:
    Run the ball.
    Run the ball.
    Run the ball.
    Run the ball.

You had a 24 point lead in the 2nd half!! WTF?!?!
    yes....even with no running game, run the ball.

fuck, Tony! :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    This is unreal. We go from a -1 game from Romo to two +1s, to another -1. So crazy, he woos us back only to kick us in the balls again. I actually kind of like it, because there is never a dull moment. We aren't good enough to win a Super Bowl so wtf let's have fun.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Do the Cowboys have a running game or not? I don't know, I just know they've not really used it. I'm not a Cowboys fan, so I haven't watched every game, but the games I have watched they just air it out. I wonder if this is a symptom of having a retired 2nd/3rd string quarterback as head coach.

I have a healthy amount of respect for Jason Garrett. I was at Texas Stadium in 1994 and watched in disbelief the day he came in as the starter after Aikman and Rodney Peete had been injured in previous games and led the Cowboys to defeat Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers. But I think as a coach he has just been groomed to be another Jerry Jones puppet and Yes Man. He's smart, but I just don't think he's ready for the head coaching job just yet. And in all honesty he has made so many blunders as both Offensive Coordinator and now Head Coach that I have a hard time believing he will ever be a GREAT coach. And from all accounts he is such a nice guy that he might be TOO nice.

What the Cowboys really need is for Jones to get a really great coach, and get out of that persons way. Somebody to really kick that team in the butt, tough as nails, smart, and willing to take chances.

You know who I'm talking about...
    Picture+4.png
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Do the Cowboys have a running game or not? I don't know, I just know they've not really used it. I'm not a Cowboys fan, so I haven't watched every game, but the games I have watched they just air it out. I wonder if this is a symptom of having a retired 2nd/3rd string quarterback as head coach.

I have a healthy amount of respect for Jason Garrett. I was at Texas Stadium in 1994 and watched in disbelief the day he came in as the starter after Aikman and Rodney Peete had been injured in previous games and led the Cowboys to defeat Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers. But I think as a coach he has just been groomed to be another Jerry Jones puppet and Yes Man. He's smart, but I just don't think he's ready for the head coaching job just yet. And in all honesty he has made so many blunders as both Offensive Coordinator and now Head Coach that I have a hard time believing he will ever be a GREAT coach. And from all accounts he is such a nice guy that he might be TOO nice.

What the Cowboys really need is for Jones to get a really great coach, and get out of that persons way. Somebody to really kick that team in the butt, tough as nails, smart, and willing to take chances.

You know who I'm talking about...
    Picture+4.png

Up by 24 they should have been running...if you have the punt...make them go down the field to score. The lions did nothing to impress me, those 3 interceptions were bad passes...typical Tony...and I think you might be right about the coach, problem Jones never wants to admit he fucked up, so Jason will be there at least 2 more years after this season.

RW81233 wrote:
    This is unreal. We go from a -1 game from Romo to two +1s, to another -1. So crazy, he woos us back only to kick us in the balls again. I actually kind of like it, because there is never a dull moment. We aren't good enough to win a Super Bowl so wtf let's have fun.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Romo surely sucked, but the 2nd pick 6 was not his fault, unless you blame him for trusting a guy who has only played 2 games with the team for not getting to his spot...that pass was right where it was supposed to be but Robinson was jammed up. Still you're right we should have been running clock at that point. I can't wait to bet against the Lions in the playoffs.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

:thumbup:
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    That true about the 2nd pick 6...but Romo is not the man to lead us to the promise land...I guess your right might as well have...it'd be nice to loose the rest of games and draft that Stanford QB...Jones would screw that up somehow.

Against the Patriots in 2 weeks he'll probably throw 4 TD's...he through 5 today.

I know you don't agree lukin, but I found this and thought it was funny, and what better place to post it than here?

Romo-1.jpg
    I know you don't agree lukin, but I found this and thought it was funny, and what better place to post it than here?

Romo-1.jpg

They are a couple of stupid decisions away from being 4-0 right now. Both losses were giveaways. At what point can we expect our experienced, veteran QB to not make these kinds of mistakes? At what point will our coach realize you have to be able to run the ball to win games? That when you are up 24 you don't have to throw it every down?

Is it that they can't run or won't? Maybe it is more like they can't. Felix Jones is a huge disappointment and that OL can't run-block for shit.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Getting stuffed on the goal line in the first half was as big as any of the interceptions..........lack of running game puts everything on Romo and it is just not balanced enough.
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Getting stuffed on the goal line in the first half was as big as any of the interceptions..........lack of running game puts everything on Romo and it is just not balanced enough.

And in that case, Garrett should have overruled Romo and kicked the field goal no matter how much Romo argued about it.

But I agree with you. The running game or lack thereof is starting to really hurt them.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    I've noticed today a lot of the media blaming Felix Jones for running out of bounds on 4th down. And while it was a brain fart, he wasn't going to get that first down anyway. It was 4th and 20 and Romo throws a short pass for 7 yards and puts it on Jones to try and get the rest and also stay mindful of getting out of bounds? Jones beat one tackler, but there were two more Lions closing in on him, he wasn't going to get 20 yards. So either way you look at it the game was about to be over. On 4th and 20 you have to go longer than some short pass. But for some reason a lot of the media is throwing Felix Jones under the bus for that final play, which wasn't going anywhere anyway, instead of on Romo who threw 3 interceptions and that little short pass that led to Jones' "mistake".
  • But for some reason a lot of the media is throwing Felix Jones under the bus for that final play, which wasn't going anywhere anyway, instead of on Romo who threw 3 interceptions and that little short pass that led to Jones' "mistake".

All of the media I've been watching is blaming Romo, lol

I'm just curious, who does the play-calling for the Cowboys? Romo? Garrett? Their offensive co-ordinator? Who's deciding to pass it on 1st and 10 with a 24-point lead from their own 20 yard line??

Also, whose decision was it to go for it on 4th down, instead of kicking a fg? You do things like that when it's late in the game and you're losing; not when you're already ahead 7-0 early in the first quarter.

Cowboys aren't playing smart football, obviously, but who's to blame???
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    But for some reason a lot of the media is throwing Felix Jones under the bus for that final play, which wasn't going anywhere anyway, instead of on Romo who threw 3 interceptions and that little short pass that led to Jones' "mistake".

All of the media I've been watching is blaming Romo, lol

I'm just curious, who does the play-calling for the Cowboys? Romo? Garrett? Their offensive co-ordinator? Who's deciding to pass it on 1st and 10 with a 24-point lead from their own 20 yard line??

Also, whose decision was it to go for it on 4th down, instead of kicking a fg? You do things like that when it's late in the game and you're losing; not when you're already ahead 7-0 early in the first quarter.

Cowboys aren't playing smart football, obviously, but who's to blame???

Well I haven't heard what ESPN has to say, but I saw Michael Wilbon posted something online about what a bonehead Jones is. But the Dallas media has been jumping all over Jones. Babe Laufenberg, Dale Hansen, etc. have jumped all over Jones as well as the articles I've read in the papers. I don't think they're letting Romo all the way off, but I think the mindset is that even with all of Romo's mistakes they still had a chance to come back and win, then Jones messed that up. But I still think it was dumb to toss that little pass out to Jones in the first place, he wasn't going to get a first down. I think that's a situation where the pass needs to be at least 20 yards in the air, not 5-6.

I don't think Dallas has an offensive coordinator, that WAS Garrett, and I think he's now the offensive play-calling head coach and lets Rob Ryan call the defense. So Garrett calls the plays, but in a situation like the end of that game without timeouts and stuff, Romo may have been calling the plays, or calling them from a set of guidelines or hurry up plan set up by Garrett.

• Well I haven't heard what ESPN has to say, but I saw Michael Wilbon posted something online about what a bonehead Jones is. But the Dallas media has been jumping all over Jones. Babe Laufenberg, Dale Hansen, etc. have jumped all over Jones as well as the articles I've read in the papers. I don't think they're letting Romo all the way off, but I think the mindset is that even with all of Romo's mistakes they still had a chance to come back and win, then Jones messed that up. But I still think it was dumb to toss that little pass out to Jones in the first place, he wasn't going to get a first down. I think that's a situation where the pass needs to be at least 20 yards in the air, not 5-6.

Yeah the media can't blame Jones for that. The bottom line is, the Cowboys shouldn't have had to fight back in the dying seconds of that game to win. All they had to do was protect the ball and protect the lead and they blew it, largely because of Romo. Again.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self

Yeah the media can't blame Jones for that. The bottom line is, the Cowboys shouldn't have had to fight back in the dying seconds of that game to win. All they had to do was protect the ball and protect the lead and they blew it, largely because of Romo. Again.

Yeah when you're up 27-3 in the 3rd quarter and then blow it, you can't just pin the loss on 1 play. Lots of mistakes to go around and I haven't been impressed with some of the decisions made by Garrett so far through 4 weeks, some questionable play calling to say the least. Romo is what he is (kinda like Favre), you're going to get the good and the bad with him. On the list of things wrong with this team I don't think he's in the top 5, it's just that he's the QB so his mistakes have a much bigger impact and are more noticeable than other areas.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Flagg wrote:
    But I agree with you. The running game or lack thereof is starting to really hurt them.

I am not buying that argument. Cowboys rushed for over 100 yards yesterday averaging over 4 yards per carry. The O line did an AWESOME job yesterday. Even if they chose to run and went 3 and out on those 2 pick sixes, the Lions would still have to drive down the field to get those 14 points. The problem yesterday was the INT's and the play calling in the end(whether that was on Romo or Garrett).

I don't get all excited about the 4th week of the season(unless you are 0-4). There are plenty of games left and plenty of opportunities for Romo to silence his critics. Although the only thing that would get everyone to stop flip flopping on the Romo train would be a Super Bowl win.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

I am not buying that argument. Cowboys rushed for over 100 yards yesterday averaging over 4 yards per carry. The O line did an AWESOME job yesterday. Even if they chose to run and went 3 and out on those 2 pick sixes, the Lions would still have to drive down the field to get those 14 points. The problem yesterday was the INT's and the play calling in the end(whether that was on Romo or Garrett).

I don't get all excited about the 4th week of the season(unless you are 0-4). There are plenty of games left and plenty of opportunities for Romo to silence his critics. Although the only thing that would get everyone to stop flip flopping on the Romo train would be a Super Bowl win.

That's a sign that Garrett either doesn't trust the running game or just wants to pass it. Either way it is hurting them.

I don't know. We can go back and forth forever, but if you piled up 100 yards rushing, you should be rushing in the 2nd half and if you have to punt, so be it.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13