**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    How do you let a game like this get close...ROMO
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Posts: 2,036
    I was gonna praise the Lions Defense but I think it's Romo too...
    MLMF Det
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Dallas has such a big lead, why throw it?? :?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Davidtrios wrote:

...maybe garret was talking to andy reid at halftime.
    www.myspace.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Davidtrios wrote:

...maybe garret was talking to andy reid at halftime.

5 td passes for romo :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    time to......

....suck for luck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    What did they say, it was the Cowboys worst meltdown since '61 or was it '63?

It deserves posting again...
    Romo.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

all time per the talking heads on fox
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

all time per the talking heads on fox

Yeah, but the "record" they broke was from the early 60's.
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    I think the Cowboys were watching my Aggies play the last 2 Saturday's and wanted to try their little formula out for dominating the 1st half and completely choking the 2nd.
    I think the Cowboys were watching my Aggies play the last 2 Saturday's and wanted to try their little formula out for dominating the 1st half and completely choking the 2nd.

Well it worked...I like Romo's toughness and he has great skill at the QB position but he lacks the the smarts for the position...all he to do after they got up by 24 was manage the game...didn't happen...I imagine after the bye and this collapse the season will go pretty much downhill.

What could have been...there's always next year!!!
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:

Well it worked...I like Romo's toughness and he has great skill at the QB position but he lacks the the smarts for the position...all he to do after they got up by 24 was manage the game...didn't happen...I imagine after the bye and this collapse the season will go pretty much downhill.

I've never heard Romo being accused of being "tough". I mean I know he's playing with hurt ribs right now, but that's about the only tough thing I know of him ever doing, and I've seen players play through worse. A lot of people think he milked his injury last year for all it was worth because he didn't want to come back for that miserable season. That is until the Eagles came in for the last regular season game and since they were already in the playoffs they played their 2nd and 3rd stringers. All of the sudden Romo was "ready to go", but they didn't let him play.

I don't know if their season will be ALL downhill from here, but it's possible. They have a few tough games (like the next one against New England at New England) but there are also some cupcake games. I can see them making the playoffs seeing as how the NFC East is such a tossup. I certainly don't see them doing anything in the off chance they do make it there though.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Terrible meltdown in the second half to a team we outplayed...2-2 at the bye, I'll take it. We need to get healthy but we'll be alright this season even though some of you fairweather fans are writing the boys off already. That's pathetic.

Looking forward to playing the Patriots when we are fresh and our guys take time to heal!

There are no excuses for the 2 pick sixes tho. That's on Romo...
    lukin2006 wrote:

I've never heard Romo being accused of being "tough". I mean I know he's playing with hurt ribs right now, but that's about the only tough thing I know of him ever doing, and I've seen players play through worse. A lot of people think he milked his injury last year for all it was worth because he didn't want to come back for that miserable season. That is until the Eagles came in for the last regular season game and since they were already in the playoffs they played their 2nd and 3rd stringers. All of the sudden Romo was "ready to go", but they didn't let him play.

I don't know if their season will be ALL downhill from here, but it's possible. They have a few tough games (like the next one against New England at New England) but there are also some cupcake games. I can see them making the playoffs seeing as how the NFC East is such a tossup. I certainly don't see them doing anything in the off chance they do make it there though.

Yeah he's tough...you go out and perform with a punctured lung and fractured rib...he lacks mental toughness.

crazypjfan wrote:
    Terrible meltdown in the second half to a team we outplayed...2-2 at the bye, I'll take it. We need to get healthy but we'll be alright this season even though some of you fairweather fans are writing the boys off already. That's pathetic.

Looking forward to playing the Patriots when we are fresh and our guys take time to heal!

There are no excuses for the 2 pick sixes tho. That's on Romo...

Not a fair-weather fan hear...you can't blow big leads and expect to make the playoffs in the NFL...those 3 picks were bad...the problem with Romo is when things go south he can't stop the bleeding...1 bad pick...next series another bad pick...4 minutes left in the game another bad pick...maybe coaching and ownership don't want to admit it but they need to urgently look for his replacement. The way Jones operate's he'll likely extends Romo for 10 more years... :D:D:D

lukin2006 wrote:

Yeah he's tough...you go out and perform with a punctured lung and fractured rib...he lacks mental toughness.

I would, but no NFL teams are willing to pay me MILLIONS of dollars to do just that. I wasn't saying I was tougher than Romo, but in comparison to other NFL players/QB's he's not all that tough. But when I played in HS I did play through my fair share of injuries. I played with a dislocated shoulder wrapped up in a shoulder spika which basically immobilized my entire right arm by wrapping it against my body. And it hurt like a bitch, but that's what is expected of most people in contact sports. And all professional athletes.

If the past two weeks is Romo being tough, then I think Dallas needs healthy Kitna instead. I know Romo didn't really screw up last week, but he didn't really do anything either. They scored only field goals. He made one good play and people thought he was the shit. As for the punctured lung, I'm sure it's very painful, but he's not a scrambling QB or anything, he sits back in the pocket (just like he should) almost all the time. I'm sure getting hit hurts like crazy, but he gets paid to play through pain.

As far as mental toughness, I don't know. I think he lacks heart. I think he worries more about his golf game, and up until he just got married, chasing tail, than he does winning football games. I don't think he'll ever live down his little "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, well, then I will have had a pretty good life" thing. As true as it is, it's not something a competitor is expected to say. Or the kind of attitude season ticket holders and die hard fans expect out of the people who get paid millions of dollars to care about it.

That's my two cents.
    lukin2006 wrote:

I would, but no NFL teams are willing to pay me MILLIONS of dollars to do just that. I wasn't saying I was tougher than Romo, but in comparison to other NFL players/QB's he's not all that tough. But when I played in HS I did play through my fair share of injuries. I played with a dislocated shoulder wrapped up in a shoulder spika which basically immobilized my entire right arm by wrapping it against my body. And it hurt like a bitch, but that's what is expected of most people in contact sports. And all professional athletes.

If the past two weeks is Romo being tough, then I think Dallas needs healthy Kitna instead. I know Romo didn't really screw up last week, but he didn't really do anything either. They scored only field goals. He made one good play and people thought he was the shit. As for the punctured lung, I'm sure it's very painful, but he's not a scrambling QB or anything, he sits back in the pocket (just like he should) almost all the time. I'm sure getting hit hurts like crazy, but he gets paid to play through pain.

As far as mental toughness, I don't know. I think he lacks heart. I think he worries more about his golf game, and up until he just got married, chasing tail, than he does winning football games. I don't think he'll ever live down his little "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, well, then I will have had a pretty good life" thing. As true as it is, it's not something a competitor is expected to say. Or the kind of attitude season ticket holders and die hard fans expect out of the people who get paid millions of dollars to care about it.

That's my two cents.

Just from what I heard most have said a fracture rib is pretty severe just to breath...so for him to get onto the field and compete and win a couple games seems plenty tough. I agree that plenty of QB's play with pain and tough, and I would say most NFL are tough.

I think your right about the heart thing...which is why they need to look for a replacement in this upcoming draft...they won't, Jones will stick by him for some reason...I have long given up on seeing a championship till Steven Jones takes over the team.

lukin2006 wrote:

I think your right about the heart thing...which is why they need to look for a replacement in this upcoming draft...they won't, Jones will stick by him for some reason...I have long given up on seeing a championship till Steven Jones takes over the team.

He sells jerseys. I don't think the Cowboys will ever win again as long as Jones is in charge, hiring puppet coaches and being too involved in running the team when he's really doesn't have that much football smarts. He thinks that since he won a championship at Arkansas he knows everything there is to know about football. But seeing some of the moves he makes I think he just chooses players by how often he hears their name on Sports Center, regardless of whether it's for good or bad things.
    We should lay blame on Garret as well...your up by 24...your D is shutting them down...just run the ball...why give them momentum?

Maybe it's time to use Romo to get a a lead and bring in Kitna as the closer.

lukin2006 wrote:

He sells jerseys. I don't think the Cowboys will ever win again as long as Jones is in charge, hiring puppet coaches and being too involved in running the team when he's really doesn't have that much football smarts. He thinks that since he won a championship at Arkansas he knows everything there is to know about football. But seeing some of the moves he makes I think he just chooses players by how often he hears their name on Sports Center, regardless of whether it's for good or bad things.

Agreed...

• Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    Just wanted to pop in and say "Dallas Sucks"

thank you

Good night.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06

thank you

Good night.

hahaha...Even I didn't go there!
    MLMF Det

thank you

Good night.

Just remember your team has 1 playoff win since 1957...is that right? and the only team to ever go 0-16!!! typical Detroit fan...

lukin2006 wrote:

thank you

Good night.

Just remember your team has 1 playoff win since 1957...is that right? and the only team to ever go 0-16!!! typical Detroit fan...

But not the only team to have a perfect losing season.

Don't forget the 0-14 1976 Tampa Bay Creamsicle's
    bucs_display_image.jpg?1275632402
    lukin2006 wrote:

thank you

Good night.

Do me a favor and don't start your shit-talking on Detroit fans, alright Canada? You probably hold a grudge because of...hockey. Get over it. Let the Detroit fan from Wyoming talk a little friendly trash about America's team. HE and I have both followed a crappy team for years...It's easy to follow the most popular team.
    MLMF Det
    just sayin...
    MLMF Det
    I apologize to Lukin and Canada...I am just fed up with Detroit getting shat on. All we have is our sports and football has been non existent almost my entire life. The fans are just excited.
    I don't want any beef here.
    MLMF Det
    lukin2006 wrote:

thank you

Good night.

But not the only team to have a perfect losing season.

Don't forget the 0-14 1976 Tampa Bay Creamsicle's
    bucs_display_image.jpg?1275632402

Forgot about them...

lukin2006 wrote:

thank you

Good night.

Do me a favor and don't start your shit-talking on Detroit fans, alright Canada? You probably hold a grudge because of...hockey. Get over it. Let the Detroit fan from Wyoming talk a little friendly trash about America's team. HE and I have both followed a crappy team for years...It's easy to follow the most popular team.

Sorry Canada won Olympic gold in Hockey in the last Olympics. Yes you have...and so have I with the Cowboys...and my trash talk was freindly and i'm just pointing out the facts.

I apologize to Lukin and Canada...I am just fed up with Detroit getting shat on. All we have is our sports and football has been non existent almost my entire life. The fans are just excited.
    I don't want any beef here.

No problem...but I think Detroit will always get shit on...the only team in Detroit I like is the Tigers...so I've followed a crappy team for years...it'd be nice to see Detroit come back as a city...really doubt it will happen. As for Hockey I don't even follow it till the playoffs...I follow our junior team more closely.