**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    i know at least 20 people born and raised in nyc who are huge cowboys fans..very common actually

I went to the game on Sunday with all the groomsmen in my buddy's wedding. We were all born and raised in NY and half of us were Dallas fans. It's pretty crazy.

if i was your buddy they wouldn't have been in my wedding :lol:
    www.myspace.com

• by nyc, he means "people he knows." :lol:

nyc has a lot of transients. if they're not from nyc and rooting for the city they're from, they're not being fraudulent. that said, i know a good amount of people from nyc between friends and relatives....they all seem to be fans of their hometown squads and it's jets/mets, yanks/giants

just curious--where was the skins fan born and raised? there has been a season ticket waiting list down there since the 60's. did he inherit the tix?

no ..im talking about friends born and raised here who just don't like the jets or giants.. very simple

of course i know alot of jets and giants fans also..but you would be surprised with the amount of non -home team

the skins fan ..like everyone else i mentioned was born and raised on the lower east side of manhattan

he was on a list for a long while....i think his father was the original guy on the list and it got passed down..he just got them 3 seasons ago

dude i'm sorry but nyc is not some kind of parrellel universe when it comes to fraudulent people. the only reason why there may be more born and raised new york frauds is simply because there are more people in nyc than any other city in the country. simple. :lol:

what would consider the skins fan? fake?? he is more hardcore than anyone
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

no ..im talking about friends born and raised here who just don't like the jets or giants.. very simple

of course i know alot of jets and giants fans also..but you would be surprised with the amount of non -home team

the skins fan ..like everyone else i mentioned was born and raised on the lower east side of manhattan

he was on a list for a long while....i think his father was the original guy on the list and it got passed down..he just got them 3 seasons ago

dude i'm sorry but nyc is not some kind of parrellel universe when it comes to fraudulent people. the only reason why there may be more born and raised new york frauds is simply because there are more people in nyc than any other city in the country. simple. :lol:

what would consider the skins fan? fake?? he is more hardcore than anyone

seems like a hard core fraud? i dunno his whole story man :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Dallas 3 and 1 inside the 4 and can't make a 1st down, the 49' s twice 3rd and 1 first downs...this team is soft.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    A little redemption for Romo...I think they got lucky today...what was Harbaugh thinking by declining that penalty? He would have got 15 more yards and a chance to run more time off the clock...used to dallas coaches making decisions like that not the other team.

1-1 heading to the home opener...this team has lots of issue.

-the o line
    -no running game
    -injuries

A real positive...Rob Ryans D...playing real well considering all the secondary injuries.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

i hated having to root for your team today...but my wallet's a bit heavy because of it. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    i hated having to root for your team today...but my wallet's a bit heavy because of it. ;)

You can probably thank Harbaugh for that...

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Didn't Washington do that against the Cowboys in Game 1 last year only to have their FG blocked, and ultimately should have cost them the game? There's really no good answer with what to do there...especially in San Fran with the wind blowing crazy like it can. If you take the penalty, run clock, and miss the FG then all Dallas had to do was score a touchdown. This way they had to survive two 4th down conversions, a fumble by Miles Austin, and a kick from 48 just to tie by the guy who missed one from 21 earlier, then a 49ers series in OT, and have a guy who runs a 5.3 40 get behind the defense for a 79 yard catch on the games almost deciding play. If you told Harbaugh that's what it would take for the Cowboys to beat them he'd take it 10 times out of 10. This just happened to be the 11th.
    I believe they mentioned the wind wasn't a factor today...if im san fran i like my odds even better with 15 yard penalty run a couple more minutes off game clock maybe score 7 or trust Akers to bang another 1 through.

A wins a win...

Ahh...my fam was at the Bills game so I was taping that for them, didn't hear about the wind. I'm not necessarily saying you are wrong about taking the penalty and the chance, but that taking the field goal wasn't really a terrible idea considering what had to go wrong for them to lose the game. All told, the Cowboys should be 1-1, but not this way. Washington might be the healthiest team in the NFC East - maybe they weren't being to far fetched when their qb (forget if it was beck or grossman) said they'd win the division. Ehhhh...they still suck a LOT.
  • i hated having to root for your team today...but my wallet's a bit heavy because of it. ;)

I'm calling fraud on that one...Who the hell would bet on a rival team? I wouldn't care if I won $500 on the Eagles, I'd still be upset that they won! :D
    Oh I hear what you are saying. It did look like it might be the right decision...but that is football...the Cowboys still have problems...If the secondary ever gets healthy this defense could surprise.

Not only are the Skins healthy they look pretty good. They might surprise.

I think most of us thought we'd be 1-1 at this point...

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    How fragile is Felix Jones??? Love the win though...
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    How fragile is Felix Jones??? Love the win though...

Very fragile. I like the Choice and Murray combo better tho.

The injury to Austin is a concern..
    remember when we didn't have room for patrick crayton (forgetting that he cost us the win against the gmen in the '07-'08 playoffs) at least he would have taken that OT pass to the house. as for felix some players just don't learn to land right. i wonder if he'll have a fred taylor like career where we blame him for being injured more than he actually was 8-10 years in (his blame is deserved right now).
    I think part of the reason we don't have room for certain players is that Jerry overpays for players getting close to be over the hill or just never produce.

I would have gladly kept Crayton over Williams.

Crayton was so perfect for us, but he was a middle manager with front office aspirations his whole career. sadly as his drop of romo's pass against the g-men (that would have basically ended the romo sucks and has to win in the palyoffs banter early on) demonstrates he was always a great #3 and downgrade at #2
    RW81233 wrote:
    remember when we didn't have room for patrick crayton (forgetting that he cost us the win against the gmen in the '07-'08 playoffs) at least he would have taken that OT pass to the house. as for felix some players just don't learn to land right. i wonder if he'll have a fred taylor like career where we blame him for being injured more than he actually was 8-10 years in (his blame is deserved right now).
    Fred piled up the numbers, but he did never seem to play a whole season....or even close to a full season....it may just the perception....I'm just afraid that Felix will never get the opportunity to pile Taylor-like numbers....wondering if Dez will ever be healthy enough to be dependable.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    Fred piled up the numbers, but he did never seem to play a whole season....or even close to a full season....it may just the perception....I'm just afraid that Felix will never get the opportunity to pile Taylor-like numbers....wondering if Dez will ever be healthy enough to be dependable.
    Dez has to learn to go down once in awhile...his main attribute is being a beast and catching everything because of his size...his problem is he's a beast and doesn't go down easy which contributes to extra hits.
    Things don't look good for the cowboys...

Felix Jones - separated shoulder
    Miles Austin - Hamstring
    Tony Romo - 2 broken ribs
    The O line is banged up as well

Hopefully Newman returns and the D plays well.

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Oh, where to start.

Can you imagine the shit-storm around here if Romo had not come back and John Kitna had won that game? Or if Romo had missed Holley in OT? I have been really critical of Romo lately but I think he got a lot of respect in the locker room after that gutsy performance Sunday. To come back out with a broken rib and lead that comeback - let's just say he really, really needed that.

Felix Jones is made of glass. They better get DeMarco Murray up to speed really quick. Austin had a monster game yesterday (9 rec., 143 yds., 3 TDs), so that hamstring injury is worrisome. I wanted to see Dez Bryant vs. Michael Crabtree but we got cheated I guess.

Calling out Garrett again - 4th quarter on the drive that led to the tying field goal. How can you march down the field with seemingly no effort then get to the 30 and call that retarded shotgun hand-off and ridiculous reverse? I don't understand the need to get tricky when the 7 or 8 yard pass was perfect for the entire drive. This is the 2nd week in a row that Garrett's "cute" play-calling has put the game at risk.

Dan Bailey - Seriously man? Miss from 21 yards? Really? Yes, you hit the 48 yarder to tie but come on man!

Jesse Holley - Yes, you are the feel-good story of the Cowboys making the team from a reality show. But just so you know, you celebrate after scoring, not before. Haven't you heard of Leon Lett, DeSean Jackson, etc.?

This offensive line has problems. Romo got banged around all day and the running game is just non-existent. This team still has problems but maybe QB isn't one of them after all. The secondary make Alex Smith look good. No one makes Alex Smith look good!!

All-in-all a good day for Dallas - Cowboys win, Eagles lose, and the Rangers dropped their magic number to 6.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    The Cowboys have been my team for forever....but, for the past few years I was like "yeah, whatever" after a loss. that said, yesterday was a sweet win! maybe it will propel them to better things. then again, maybe not :?

still...way to man up, Tony :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    imalive wrote:
    The Cowboys have been my team for forever....but, for the past few years I was like "yeah, whatever" after a loss. that said, yesterday was a sweet win! maybe it will propel them to better things. then again, maybe not :?

wait...Ohio State....Dallas....and the SF Giants....i'm lost.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

wait...Ohio State....Dallas....and the SF Giants....i'm lost.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118
    I've seen that thread...the TRUE frauds are those who just blindly follow whoever is geographically close.

my NBA team used to be the sixers....but now it's the jazz. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    those frauds don't see it that way...they think that we must live as if it's the early 1900s and the team is made up of players who work at the local tavern and general store, travel by train to the games, and actually represent the city they are playing for. the reality is the name on the front of the Uniform is a brand that means little more or less than the way the media and team ownership wants to portray that brand. of course that would mean having to think, and those that like rooting for the home team 'cuz they dun growed up there don't often like doing that.
    RW81233 wrote:
    those frauds don't see it that way...they think that we must live as if it's the early 1900s and the team is made up of players who work at the local tavern and general store, travel by train to the games, and actually represent the city they are playing for.
    :lol::lol::lol:

I'm old....I became a cowboys fan when they went to green bay and lost the "ice bowl"....but showed a ton of heart. dandy don!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    There were a ton of Cowboys fans at that game yesterday. You could hear the cheering and it looked like the place exploded when Romo hit Holley on that long pass OT.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:

Jesse Holley - Yes, you are the feel-good story of the Cowboys making the team from a reality show. But just so you know, you celebrate after scoring, not before. Haven't you heard of Leon Lett, DeSean Jackson, etc.?
    Every Cowboy player should be made to watch a "Worst of Leon Lett" tape at least three times a season. :twisted:
    Flagg wrote:
    There were a ton of Cowboys fans at that game yesterday. You could hear the cheering and it looked like the place exploded when Romo hit Holley on that long pass OT.
    ....and it appeared that most of the fans in the end-zone seats were celebrating the game-winning field goal
    tybird wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    ....and it appeared that most of the fans in the end-zone seats were celebrating the game-winning field goal
    SF paper said 40-45% cowboys fans :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14