**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    tis the best time of the year 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,472
    Go Blackhawks!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,311
    I think any coach or player would not want to face Detroit in ANY round of the playoffs!!! They are the Red WIngs for christ sake!! Always in it and always dangerous, even with a rookie goaltender.. I think this is their 18th year in a row in the post-season?? LETS GO RED WINGS!!! p.s. FUCK THE PENS!![/quote]

+1
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Jason P wrote:
    I imagine fans of the western division teams are hoping for a Wings vs. Canucks match-up so that at least one hot team gets eliminated.

I'm hopin' for a Wings/Hawks 1st round match-up. i think that's got potential to be quite a rivalry, plus, it would knock out one of the favorites early.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    CServant wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    I imagine fans of the western division teams are hoping for a Wings vs. Canucks match-up so that at least one hot team gets eliminated.

I'm hopin' for a Wings/Hawks 1st round match-up. i think that's got potential to be quite a rivalry, plus, it would knock out one of the favorites early.

gotta love original six story line too....its nice to see the hawks finally have something going....i wouldnt mind if they win the cup...they MUST hold the record for most stanley cup final losses.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    tis the best time of the year 8-)

+1
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    DETROIT !!!!

I love this run to the play-offs, even bought the NHL package so I could watch every game.

I also love the first round of the play-offs, its a hockey orgasm
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I BELIEVE THIS LAST FEW DAYS THE PACKAGE IS FREE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    There is no more exciting thing in sports IMO.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    the Rangers/Flyers 2 games are going to play-off-esque
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    was just reading some old mailbag on espn.com
    random

Detroit diddy: 'Mail call'
    Mr. Buccigross,

Is there anything better than Ben Harper and Eddie Vedder on stage together entertaining fans?

Tony Wroblewski

When Pavel Datsyuk makes 47 moves in a three-foot area, and then makes one more to cause the goaltender to internally combust.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    smarchee wrote:
    the Rangers/Flyers 2 games are going to play-off-esque

I hope

Depends on what Flyers team shows up :roll:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    MayDay10 wrote:

+1 :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    DAMN, why couldnt the Habs clinch tonight!?!?!? and boston won :(

Sid Gets 49th!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Not looking good for Vancouver tonight
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    m_96608313e6921779ba975517418a92b0.gif Bruins take down the Sabres and keep their playoffs hopes alive.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    MayDay10 wrote:

+1 :ugeek: :thumbup: :wave:

Honestly though, when the game is played well, I think it's the most exciting sport there is :ugeek:

GO CANUCKS
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    I hope Sid will get 50, just another piece of hardware he'll be able to add to his collection. Rocket Richard Trophy will be all his. Ovie can have it back next yr.

:D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

Sid Gets 49th!
    Habs got the golf clubs out and dusted off on Sunday.
  • GO RANGERS!!!! NEED IT IN 60!!!!
    OVECHKIN IS A BEAST
    Rygar wrote:

Sid Gets 49th!
    Habs got the golf clubs out and dusted off on Sunday.
    :lol::lol::lol: :thumbup: :clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • jmsjms Posts: 243
    On a non playoff note I'm going to see Keith Tkachuk play is last NHL game tonight. Too bad they couldn't sneak in the playoffs in his last season.
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280

GO CANUCKS

http://detnews.com/article/20100409/SPORTS0103/4090416

Seems Vancouver's Alex Burrows isn't a big fan of the city of Detroit -- or the Red Wings.

When asked by AOL FanHouse about playing Detroit in the playoffs, Burrows said, "We don't mind facing anyone, but as far as Detroit, the only thing I dislike is having to fly there and having to stay there, to have to spend a couple of days in that city."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100409/SPO ... z0kj80Zbg7

Wow- that's cold.
    Hopefully if Vancouver has to come to Detroit, the team can set him up in a hotel with a pool.
    Maybe then he'll be a bit more comfortable.
    Then he can get his fill of diving when he's off of the ice too... I hear that's one of the finer points of his game...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    milarso wrote:

GO CANUCKS

Seems Vancouver's Alex Burrows isn't a big fan of the city of Detroit -- or the Red Wings.

When asked by AOL FanHouse about playing Detroit in the playoffs, Burrows said, "We don't mind facing anyone, but as far as Detroit, the only thing I dislike is having to fly there and having to stay there, to have to spend a couple of days in that city."

Wow- that's cold.
    Hopefully if Vancouver has to come to Detroit, the team can set him up in a hotel with a pool.
    Then he can get his fill of diving when he's off of the ice too... I hear that's one of the finer points of his game...
    Haha.. what a little bitch. Well, he won't have to stay long.. I could see how a little girl all alone in our city would be scared.. He should stay in his room with his bubble baths and such.. Sounds like he is trying to make his stay even worse by pissing off people from Detroit!! what you have heard is true!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Well my Leafs tried hard to spoil the Habs efforts to make the playoffs, But don't get to excited Hab fans, they'll be joining the Leafs in about 2 weeks on the golf course :lol::lol:

Nice to see Stamkos get 50 :clap::clap: :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    absolutely AMAZING performance by the Sedin's tonight. Did you see that hatrick goal? Holy Shit. Henrik beats Bure's club record!!!

It's all up to Ovechkin tomorrow, 9 am pacific, 12 Eastern. He needs 4 points to win it.

Good Luck Ovie.

Henrik's points will stand up.

GO CANUCKS!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    milarso wrote:

GO CANUCKS

Wow- that's cold.
    Haha.. what a little bitch. Well, he won't have to stay long.. I could see how a little girl all alone in our city would be scared.. He should stay in his room with his bubble baths and such.. Sounds like he is trying to make his stay even worse by pissing off people from Detroit!! what you have heard is true!!!

The trash talking begins, eh? :? :lol::lol::lol:

Never been to Detroit myself so I can't and won't make any judgments about your city. I'm sure there are many fine things about it that most outsiders may not know about. I keep saying that to myself about Toronto :shock: :? :lol::mrgreen:

One can NEVER underestimate the Wings though. I can respect that.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • BLACK35 wrote:
    Well my Leafs tried hard to spoil the Habs efforts to make the playoffs, But don't get to excited Hab fans, they'll be joining the Leafs in about 2 weeks on the golf course :lol::lol:

Man, I was really hoping that the Leafs would beat the Habs in regulation. It would have made Sunday that much more interesting. Although, it's pretty interesting in and of itself. Rangers or Flyers? It comes down to the final game of the season.

absolutely AMAZING performance by the Sedin's tonight. Did you see that hatrick goal? Holy Shit. Henrik beats Bure's club record!!!

It's all up to Ovechkin tomorrow, 9 am pacific, 12 Eastern. He needs 4 points to win it.

Good Luck Ovie.

Henrik's points will stand up.

GO CANUCKS!

Good for H. Sedin!!

Everyone is talking about Ovechkin and Crosby, and even Stamkos, and he's the one guy who was lost in the shuffle.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I live across the river from Detroit, it's not a bad city, I've been to the Joe 100's of times, Ford Field, Tiger Stadium never had a moments trouble. Now I've never been to the seedier areas nor do I plan on it, but if your looking for sports and entertainment the Detroit area has more than any major Canadian city. The problem is the border, it's just becoming a pain in the ass, they look at every one as a criminal and it takes far to long.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon