Thanks for a quarter of your team.

Sincerely,
    Atlanta Thrashers fans

smiley-laughing004.gif
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    For all the great things Dale Tallon did, we're now seeing some of his faults. Some huge, long, poorly-structured contracts and massive bonuses. $4 million in bonuses just to Kane and Toews, pretty much took away Ladd and Burish. Honestly though, the Blackhawks won the Stanley fuckin Cup!!
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    For all the great things Dale Tallon did, we're now seeing some of his faults. Some huge, long, poorly-structured contracts and massive bonuses. $4 million in bonuses just to Kane and Toews, pretty much took away Ladd and Burish. Honestly though, the Blackhawks won the Stanley fuckin Cup!!

Uhhh yeah, Tallon really fucked up this cap with the way some of these contracts were structured. I'm really sad to see Ladd go....he was prob my favorite player on the team. It's goin to be a much, much different looking team next year...but like you said, we still won the fuckin Cup!!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Question- why did they trade/unsign all of these players like big buff. answer- to resign core players like Neimi and to them under cap for signed players like Kane, Keith, and Toews.

NEW QUESTION- why wasnt Niemi resigned? Answer- no clue
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    Question- why did they trade/unsign all of these players like big buff. answer- to resign core players like Neimi and to them under cap for signed players like Kane, Keith, and Toews.

because niemi was never that good and not worth 2.75 mil when they could just as easily get Turco

i know they wouldnt have done it if they didnt have to, but it is a shame to see all those guys go (especially versteeg and buff)
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Davidtrios wrote:

because niemi was never that good and not worth 2.75 mil when they could just as easily get Turco

i know they wouldnt have done it if they didnt have to, but it is a shame to see all those guys go (especially versteeg and buff)

Huet would be gone too if they could find someone to pay that outrageous salary. Turco will be better than both of them anyway, and for less money.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley