2010 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Look - it was either booing, or shit being thrown on the ice. The Hawks got off easy in their celebrating.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    HawksWin.jpg....Is this true?

So now that Chicago is off the list of longest to win the Cup next is Toronto Maple Leafs I think. Who's after them?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    g under p wrote:
    HawksWin.jpg....Is this true?

So now that Chicago is off the list of longest to win the Cup next is Toronto Maple Leafs I think. Who's after them?

Peace

the cubs are clearly not able to pull it off.

toronto is now on the clock.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Funny picture from the Hawks dressing room after the game:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,247420

It was a great rebuttal by Pronger to Burish's dumb comments after the final.
    "I'm day to day with hurt feelings."
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Look - it was either booing, or shit being thrown on the ice. The Hawks got off easy in their celebrating.

As always, stay classy Philadelphia.
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Saw Versteeg and Big Buff out on Division street Friday night. Heard the cup made an appearance the following night, damnit!
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    2011-12 schedule is out. Open in Colorado. Home opener vs. Detroit. End with two vs. Detroit. Flyers in late January.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/n ... id=5320715

NOT happy about them losing Buff! :( :evil:

He is one of the most versatile players in the game and IMO the playoff MVP.
    welcome to salary cap hell :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    the cap is gonna do some damage this season, i just hope stan bowman can bring in some guys cheap and bring up the guys in our farm system to fill the holes. It's gonna be tough but i think this team could be poised to be just as good if the guys upstairs make the right moves....we'll miss you big buff.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    WOW JUST WOW :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:
    welcome to salary cap hell :lol:

It's brutal, but they have no choice. Sad to see Buff go....they don't win the Cup without him and now he's stuck in Atlanta...sucks for him.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    espn reports chicago has traded bufflyn eager and sopal to the thrashers for a 1st and 2nd round pick plus a prospect

and the breakup begins
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    if you go to espn they have audio of him on the phone with the local espn sports radio crew who breaks the news to buf. then his agent calls on the other line. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    This day and age of Salary Cap will any team repeat ?

I guess in a way its a good thing having new teams every year winning it but as fans of the team that just won it I dont think its too fun
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    I really like the trade yesterday. Clears our nearly $5 million in cap space (and no salaries to take on next year besides Reasoner) and they got some good value in return. Rocky and Bowman are looking to keep this team on a high level for more than a couple years, so changes like this were inevitable in order to keep the elite talent they have. Buff had an excellent playoffs, which is still fresh in people's minds, so they got good value for him. He was heading into the last year of his contract, and will become an UFA. He's probably one and done in Atlanta. Remember, Big Buff has never scored more than 36 points in a regular season and never been much more than a role player with potential star power that was never tapped until this spring. No doubt he's a talented player, but he's been inconsistent and had a fairly large contract that just needed to be moved. Yes, he carried them in the Sharks series and had a helluva playoffs. But if moving him, Sopel and Eager means we get to keep Versteeg and/or Sharp, then Hell Yes! Bowman just needs to find a team to take Huet, and we're all set.

My biggest concern is that the Hawks lost some physicality, but all-in-all, I thought it was a solid move for both sides.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    Oh yeah, and big congrats to Duncan Keith! Well-deserved.
    This day and age of Salary Cap will any team repeat ?

I guess in a way its a good thing having new teams every year winning it but as fans of the team that just won it I dont think its too fun

i think teams can repeat. red wings could have last year, or even the penguins if they had won the year before that.

then look at football. patriots have beeen pretty good for some time under a hard cap.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Remember, Big Buff has never scored more than 36 points in a regular season and never been much more than a role player with potential star power that was never tapped until this spring. No doubt he's a talented player, but he's been inconsistent and had a fairly large contract that just needed to be moved. Yes, he carried them in the Sharks series and had a helluva playoffs.

Big Big Buff is only 25 and just coming into his own. The average athlete hits his prime at 29 years old. I think he will get better and better and this will end up being a terrible trade.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Remember, Big Buff has never scored more than 36 points in a regular season and never been much more than a role player with potential star power that was never tapped until this spring. No doubt he's a talented player, but he's been inconsistent and had a fairly large contract that just needed to be moved. Yes, he carried them in the Sharks series and had a helluva playoffs.

Big Big Buff is only 25 and just coming into his own. The average athlete hits his prime at 29 years old. I think he will get better and better and this will end up being a terrible trade.

I'm still kinda pissed about it. Not as pissed as I'm sure Buff is!
    Going from a young talented team that just won the cup to Atlanta. I'd be soooo pissed off if I was him!
    He's not even going to have the opportunity to do shit with Atlanta. If I were him, I'd play next year and demand a trade.

As Hawk fans I guess we can be glad he didn't go to a powerhouse or a rival though.
    Can you imagine that guy on a team like the Flyers, Canucks, Sharks or Wings? That would be scary!
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    I'd rather see Buff go than someone like Sharp, who still may go anyway. Fraiser went to Edmonton today, so Atlanta doesn't look so bad anymore. So far the moves they have made have not cost them the top players I thought were going to be sacrificed.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    mca47 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    [

I'm still kinda pissed about it. Not as pissed as I'm sure Buff is!
    Going from a young talented team that just won the cup to Atlanta. I'd be soooo pissed off if I was him!
    He's not even going to have the opportunity to do shit with Atlanta. If I were him, I'd play next year and demand a trade.

As Hawk fans I guess we can be glad he didn't go to a powerhouse or a rival though.
    Can you imagine that guy on a team like the Flyers, Canucks, Sharks or Wings? That would be scary!

The thing is, Buff only has one year left on his contract anyway. So yeah, he's most likely one and done in ATL. And even if the Hawks kept him for next year, and he blossomed into a star, they more than likely wouldn't be able to re-sign him. There's just too much star power on the team already.

Of course I'd rather have Buff than not have him, but it was no secret that big moves had to be made. This past year's team was so deep, it wasn't going to last forever with the NHL salary cap. The Hawks capitalized on Buff's playoff performance, and got way more in return than anyone ever thought they could in move that was primarily a salary dump. It does sting b/c were not far removed from hoisting the Cup, but the move was far from terrible, imo.

Also, keep an eye out for Kyle Beach. He was the 2008 first round pick, and is a very talented, physical power forward with great offensive skill. Sound familiar? :D
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I read this morning that Sopal is taking the Stanley Cup to a gay-pride parade. It's to honor Maple Leaf's GM Brian Burke's son who died in a car crash.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    IwasBit10 wrote:

How is this a terrible trade? Yeah, as a fan, it sucks but the Hawks have some major salary cap issues and this will help relieve some of those issues big time. A lot of people in Chicago are saying they should have gotten rid of Huet's salary. No shit! No team will come near that fucking guy. This is just the reality of a hard cap....
    Versteeg is now gone as well. I'm more upset about this move than the Buff move. But like Indiff71 said, this is the reality of a hard cap. The Hawks were built to win in 2010, and they did just that. Now, they need to make some moves to ensure that they'll be tough for years to come, not just next year. ESPN article does a good job of anayzing this off-season so far:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ChicagoBlackhaw ... -situation
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Versteeg is now gone as well. I'm more upset about this move than the Buff move. But like Indiff71 said, this is the reality of a hard cap. The Hawks were built to win in 2010, and they did just that. Now, they need to make some moves to ensure that they'll be tough for years to come, not just next year. ESPN article does a good job of anayzing this off-season so far:

That seriously sucks!

Well, despite losing some quality guys it seems like the Hawks are going to be...at the very least...serious playoff contenders for years and years to come.
    mca47 wrote:
    IwasBit10 wrote:

That seriously sucks!

Well, despite losing some quality guys it seems like the Hawks are going to be...at the very least...serious playoff contenders for years and years to come.

That really sucks. I thought with the trades we already made that we would be OK, but I guess not. Man, Tallon made some great moves/draft picks to put this championship team together, but he sure did fuck up some of these contracts that put the Hawks in this situation. Obviously, it's great to have Kane, Toews, Hossa, Keith locked up, but it hurts to lose some of these key role players like Buff and Steeg.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    bummer :x

whatever it takes to remain a contender though... i have alot of faith in our management/coaches... im sure theyre doing what needs to be done and will go out and find some new young talent to replace our losses
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Saw Versteeg and Big Buff out on Division street Friday night. Heard the cup made an appearance the following night, damnit!

So not only was I at the Sox-Cubs game where the Sox 11 game win streak was snapped, but I posted this like 2 weeks ago.... :o

I'm a curse! :? :lol:
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Dear Blackhawks,

Thanks for a quarter of your team.

Sincerely,
    Atlanta Thrashers fans