2010 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Let's close this out tonight!
    PHUCK PHILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This 'Phuck Philly' thing is really catching on. Hoping to see the Cup hoisted tonight!
  • 20 minutes.
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    15 minutes
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Sabres fan here so i hate Philly naturally so go HAWKS!!!! 11:30 left
    My butt itches!
    Sila wrote:

as you should...like the depths of Hades
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Sawyer wrote:
    Sila wrote:

as you should...like the depths of Hades

It was sweet to see MJ wearing a Hockey jersey the other night. The NBA hasn't been the same since he left and my Bulls have sucked ass as well.
    My butt itches!
  • itd be so crazy to win the stanley cup with an OT goal
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    congradulations to the Blackhawks and most of their fans. enjoy it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    CONGRATS HAWKS !!!!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    HAAAAWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKS!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Woooohooo!!!!
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Was rooting for these guys to win, congrats Hawks!
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Congrats 'Hawks fans.. Enjoy it!
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • itd be so crazy to win the stanley cup with an OT goal

...and it was
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Congratulations Hawks fans!!!

wayne05.jpg

wayne-garth-waynes-world-15834539.jpg
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    ONE GOAL IS COMPLETE!

First off, hats off to Philly. I know the announcers beat it into the ground, but "resilient" is really the best way to describe them. They just never went away until Kaner popped that last goal in. They had a great run and have nothing to be ashamed of.

Now it really is like that commerical, there are no words. I remember going to the UC on weekday nights in high school, buying a $5 300-level seat with our student ID cards, and then sneaking down b/c the place was half empty. Amazing how far they've come in such a short amount of time. The great teams of the 80s and 90s never pulled this off. This one is for those guys, all the great players that contributed to the awesome tradition of this franchise, but never got to hold the cup. Now this whole crazy 2010 team will be forever part of that tradition, and it feels fucking AWESOME!

I was keeping my shit together pretty well last night, but I lost it when they went to JR and he was all emotional. Really hammered home how much this means. "Chicago Blackhawks man."
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I don't think I ever posted here but as a flyers fan i say congrats to your team and also your fans (except that prick Vince Vaughan, sorry still a little upset from yesterday) If my flyers had to lose to any team i am glad that it was to the hawks because now the leafs have the longest drought for the cup and that makes me very happy. now hopefully, you guys can sign some players this off season and continue to be a good team and maybe we will see you guys again next year.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Oh what a night! Perfect way to finish an amazing season...can't wait for the victory parade tomorrow!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    congrats on a great series. you guys earned it. made very few bad mistakes. just a solid team all around. was really hoping for a game 7 but no such luck.
  • congrats Chicago!

i'm sure you made Eddie very happy.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Cup bump
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great series, great ending. The only thing wrong was that apparently some Flyer fans don't respect the game enough to be good sports. You don't have to clap for when the other team wins, but booing the Cup and MVP of the finals is pathetic. If you're that unhappy leave the game. I know it wasn't everyone, but it does give the already labeled fans of Philly another black eye. Grow up.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    don't understand a 10:30 Friday parade....what do they have against people who are employed?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    Sawyer wrote:
    don't understand a 10:30 Friday parade....what do they have against people who are employed?

I think all parades happen on weekdays. When the Phillies won in '08 our parade was also on a Friday (Halloween). I think it has to do something with gov. officials having to work on the weekday or something.

Congrats to The Blackhawks. Great series!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    CONGRATULATIONS HAWKS!!! 2010 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
    trink39.gif

stanley_cup.jpg

cupchamps.jpg
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

2 million people celebrating the greatest hockey team in the world!!!!!! :D

AMAZING!!!! I watched the celebration online....unreal!

Wish I could be in Chicago right now!!!! :D
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    I think it is pretty awesome they took the cup straight to a bar at 8 am when they got back.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I think it is pretty awesome they took the cup straight to a bar at 8 am when they got back.

Damn straight! :lol::D
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Kevinman wrote:
    Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great series, great ending. The only thing wrong was that apparently some Flyer fans don't respect the game enough to be good sports. You don't have to clap for when the other team wins, but booing the Cup and MVP of the finals is pathetic. If you're that unhappy leave the game. I know it wasn't everyone, but it does give the already labeled fans of Philly another black eye. Grow up.

actually, the flyer fans were booing betman not the hawks. Flyer fans showed great respect in my view to the hawks. unlike some hawks players who were dissing Pronger after the game.
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    They were also booing when the MVP and Cup were raised to the air, but not as much as Bettman.
    Philly fans boo anything and anyone. They are a crazy breed.

I only support the Eagles and Phillies.