2010 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Kevinman wrote:
    Do the Flyers even have a thread? Hillarious that the Flyers weren't even in the playoffs at that point.

Good Luck, you'll need it.

Know what I find even more hilarious? How you guys averaged 5,000 fucking people a home game, and that none of these said home games were even televised in your own city. Now THAT is fucking hilarious. Talk about posers - with a chincy owner, who you should be thanking your false gods is dead.

Hey man, it's not our fault our owner was a complete fucking disgrace. It is pretty sad that it took Wirtz dying to turn this organization around. But, you gotta admit this turnaround by the Hawks has been pretty amazing.

I know, I know. I kid, I kid.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823

Know what I find even more hilarious? How you guys averaged 5,000 fucking people a home game, and that none of these said home games were even televised in your own city. Now THAT is fucking hilarious. Talk about posers - with a chincy owner, who you should be thanking your false gods is dead.

Hey man, it's not our fault our owner was a complete fucking disgrace. It is pretty sad that it took Wirtz dying to turn this organization around. But, you gotta admit this turnaround by the Hawks has been pretty amazing.

I know, I know. I kid, I kid.

I figured as much. But man, to think that 3 years ago home games weren't on TV here is crazy.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Kevinman wrote:
    I'll be at game one, and if it goes to five, I'll be at that one too. I'd love to see the Hawks in five. I don't expect a sweep, but if they can sweep SJ, they can sweep the Flyers.

My prediction is Hawks in five or six.

Philly has no advantage that I can see. Seven games....................no way.

I haven't seen but ONE Hawks game this year..so I can't pass judgment on the team..but from what I have been reading on Hawks Message Boards the Hawks have trouble with teams that play well against the boards which the Flyers are great at and at attacking the other team with their 2 man forecheck

The Forwards are solid on both teams with each team having 7 guys in double digit points..all be it the Flyers might have 8 if Carter was healthy the whole playoffs

D-Men are solid on the Flyers Carle/Pronger Timonen/Coburn getting majority of the ice time..Parent/Krajicek are used sparingly

The goalies coming in are both playing very well..Leighton has been unbelievable with 3 shutouts last round

The Flyers finally have a full lineup and this lay off is gonna help both teams I think because everyone has got some kind of nagging injury at this point

Pronger is definitely gonna have his hands full in front of the net this series

Throw out all the records and games up until this point because they are pretty much meaningless
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Indifference71 wrote:
    I figured as much. But man, to think that 3 years ago home games weren't on TV here is crazy.

And the craziness continues what was it 2007 or 8 when the Hawks and Flyers had the top 2 Picks in the Draft and now both in the Finals !

:thumbup:

Kevinman wrote:
    I'll be at game one, and if it goes to five, I'll be at that one too. I'd love to see the Hawks in five. I don't expect a sweep, but if they can sweep SJ, they can sweep the Flyers.

I haven't seen but ONE Hawks game this year..so I can't pass judgment on the team..but from what I have been reading on Hawks Message Boards the Hawks have trouble with teams that play well against the boards which the Flyers are great at and at attacking the other team with their 2 man forecheck

The Forwards are solid on both teams with each team having 7 guys in double digit points..all be it the Flyers might have 8 if Carter was healthy the whole playoffs

D-Men are solid on the Flyers Carle/Pronger Timonen/Coburn getting majority of the ice time..Parent/Krajicek are used sparingly

The goalies coming in are both playing very well..Leighton has been unbelievable with 3 shutouts last round

The Flyers finally have a full lineup and this lay off is gonna help both teams I think because everyone has got some kind of nagging injury at this point

Throw out all the records and games up until this point because they are pretty much meaningless

Nah, dude. It's cool. We'll just have to go down 3-0 and have them exactly where we want them... 8-)
    Kevinman wrote:

Nah, dude. It's cool. We'll just have to go down 3-0 and have them exactly where we want them... 8-)

Down 3-0 in the series and down 3-0 in game 7..yeah I remember that :D

God damn the waiting for the Cup to start is driving me nuts!! 3 day weekend and 2 stanley cup games....it'll be a good one.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    God damn the waiting for the Cup to start is driving me nuts!! 3 day weekend and 2 stanley cup games....it'll be a good one.

i wish it woudl have started tonight. can't wait
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Good game tonight!
    Good game tonight!

Thank God someone has a rational brain on their shoulders and keeps their hometown bias where hometown bias belongs. Man, this other guy.......well, he's my kinda guy. :roll:
    Good game tonight!

Thank God someone has a rational brain on their shoulders and keeps their hometown bias where hometown bias belongs. Man, this other guy.......well, he's my kinda guy. :roll:
    Well, to be fair, he was a con man, but at least he got to bang Kate.
    Good game tonight!

Who?
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Good game tonight!

now i've lost any respect I had for you.....

Who?
    Lost. Sawyer is the character from Lost. Kate, another character.

Who?
    Lost. Sawyer is the character from Lost. Kate, another character.

He's from Philly....it takes a bit more for them

Who?
    Lost. Sawyer is the character from Lost.

Oh, I spitefully stayed away from that show once everyone got on its balls, so I have no idea about any of that. With that, is that what his picture is supposed to be? If so....cool?
    Oh, I spitefully stayed away from that show once everyone got on its balls, so I have no idea about any of that. With that, is that what his picture is supposed to be? If so....cool?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_YHV5fdUiQ
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Complete awesomeness!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    What is that song that is always played after the Hawks score a goal?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Since the Hawks had lost game 1 in each of the two previous series in which they had home ice, I was kinda expecting the same tonight. And the Flyers getting the first goal didn't help that either. But da Hawks never quit. Both teams were just attack attack attack all game, should be a fun rest of the series. I really like da Hawks on the road, so if they take game 2, outstanding.

All we need is for Niemi to stay up and not fall on his ass. He was kinda outta position for a couple of those goals he gave up..

Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    11 goals scored?
    wowza !
    this is going to be a more evenly matched series than i first anticipated.

For obvious reasons, I'm going for the original 6 franchise here.

" go hawks "
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Since the Hawks had lost game 1 in each of the two previous series in which they had home ice, I was kinda expecting the same tonight. And the Flyers getting the first goal didn't help that either. But da Hawks never quit. Both teams were just attack attack attack all game, should be a fun rest of the series. I really like da Hawks on the road, so if they take game 2, outstanding.

All we need is for Niemi to stay up and not fall on his ass. He was kinda outta position for a couple of those goals he gave up..

Thanks, why this song?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Sweep?

:D
    going to be bed quite happy.....quite happy indeed 8-)
    2 down.....2 more to go!
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    IwasBit10 wrote:

Thanks, why this song?

No worries. Can't tell ya why, not sure. But it is a lot of fun to sing along to with 20,000 other drunk hockey fans.

2!
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    No worries. They just want to win it at home..
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

hello thread...i see you finally made it up the from the depths of the forum.

anyways,....no player/coach/team/fan is ever thinking....gee, it's ok if we lose in the stanley cup/nba finals/world series so we can win it at home. NEVER. i don't care where my team wins, so long as they win it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

hello thread...i see you finally made it up the from the depths of the forum.

anyways,....no player/coach/team/fan is ever thinking....gee, it's ok if we lose in the stanley cup/nba finals/world series so we can win it at home. NEVER. i don't care where my team wins, so long as they win it.
    Obviously. 8-)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

:lol::lol: RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......