2010 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    That was a tough one to swallow. The goal 20 seconds after Kaner scored was a killer. Gotta bring it on Friday.

I can't fucking stand Pronger. What a jagoff this guy is. I know he's a great player and all, but how many cross checks can they let this guy get away with per game? He cross checked Buff 2-3 times and then Buff slashes him and he gets called for the penalty immediately. That was bullshit.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    That was a tough one to swallow. The goal 20 seconds after Kaner scored was a killer. Gotta bring it on Friday.

I can't fucking stand Pronger. What a jagoff this guy is. I know he's a great player and all, but how many cross checks can they let this guy get away with per game? He cross checked Buff 2-3 times and then Buff slashes him and he gets called for the penalty immediately. That was bullshit.

its incredible how much he gets away with, he's been suspended like 8 times to, each for a game, never significant time, remember the dirty hit on Holstrom in the play-offs when they went to the Cup, brutal
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    smarchee wrote:

its incredible how much he gets away with, he's been suspended like 8 times to, each for a game, never significant time, remember the dirty hit on Holstrom in the play-offs when they went to the Cup, brutal

Byfuglien broke Pronger's stick so the penalty is automatic - but yes Pronger did cross check him about 3 times before that so should have been a penalty on Pronger as well.
    pjhawks wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Byfuglien broke Pronger's stick so the penalty is automatic - but yes Pronger did cross check him about 3 times before that so should have been a penalty on Pronger as well.

Yeah, and that was just that one sequence. This guy is skating around cross checking people the whole fucking game. It's amazing what he gets away with.
    Let's win tonight so we can close it out at home on Sunday!!!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Will Chicago erupt into a big party?
    A long time since the last championship!

I so wish they'd show hockey on tv here.
    We get NASCAR, Rodeo, Baseball, Football.
    BORING!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

BORING!

It will be a GIGANTIC party. Only White Sox fans got to celebrate in 2005. Other than that, theres been nothing since the Bulls in the 90s. I hope we're celebrating soon!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359

BORING!

Philly has had ONE celebration since 1983 - time for another.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Gotta play with a sense of urgency tonight. Can't let this series get even. Take care of business and bring the cold steel on ice back home for Sunday. LET'S GO HAWKS!

Also, I forgot how much I hate Pronger. Man that guy's a donkey.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    That was a terrible effort last night. Sopel and Hjalmarson were fucking terrible. The Hawks just got outworked in every aspect of the game.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

BORING!

It will be a GIGANTIC party. Only White Sox fans got to celebrate in 2005. Other than that, theres been nothing since the Bulls in the 90s. I hope we're celebrating soon!
    I don't know about that. Sox drew something like 1.5 million people downtown to celebrate. Do you really think that Hawks can draw that many? People are excited, but hockey takes a far backseat to baseball or football in this town.
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677

BORING!

I don't know about that. Sox drew something like 1.5 million people downtown to celebrate. Do you really think that Hawks can draw that many? People are excited, but hockey takes a far backseat to baseball or football in this town.

1.5 million? At the parade? That's more than the total season paid attendance at the Cell! :lol:

I do agree with you that it will be a huge party in Chicago. Maybe not as widespread as, say, the Bears, should they win anything - but there will be many concentrated pockets of outright partying.
    oona left wrote:

1.5 million? At the parade? That's more than the total season paid attendance at the Cell! :lol:
    I know, I know.. bandwagon fuckers!

You saw the videos though. There were at least that for the parade..

I agree. Blackhawks will be pockets of people celebrating. Not nearly as big as the Sox, Bears, or god forbid, Cubs.. probably more like a Bulls championship.

This city will get burned to the ground if the Cubs ever win.. It's a good thing they won't. :lol:
    oona left wrote:

I know, I know.. bandwagon fuckers!

You saw the videos though. There were at least that for the parade..

I agree. Blackhawks will be pockets of people celebrating. Not nearly as big as the Sox, Bears, or god forbid, Cubs.. probably more like a Bulls championship.

This city will get burned to the ground if the Cubs ever win.. It's a good thing they won't. :lol:

I thought that there was something like 2 mill at the Sox parade?? I just remember it being a sea of people.

Prob not as many for the Hawks, but me and my friends will definitely be one of those pockets of people going crazy if it does happen.

I concur with your statement about the Cubs.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    What's with the highlights video off the NHL site freezing all the time after the Flyers score their first goal?! :x
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

BORING!

Give me Hockey any day over baseball and football which I find boring.
    1 more.
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    1 MORE BABY!!! And yes, i think we can get a pretty healthy sized crowd to celebrate. hockey isn't as big as baseball, but have you seen our baseball teams this year? Nobody gives a shit about the cubs or sox and all the fair weather fans are starting to jump ship to the madhouse. GO HAWKS!!!
    pjfan021 wrote:
    1 MORE BABY!!! And yes, i think we can get a pretty healthy sized crowd to celebrate. hockey isn't as big as baseball, but have you seen our baseball teams this year? Nobody gives a shit about the cubs or sox and all the fair weather fans are starting to jump ship to the madhouse. GO HAWKS!!!
    I dont know...

I wouldnt refer to a lot of these fans as "fair weather". Hockey was DEAD in this city for the last 10 years. Thanks to old man Wirtz and his silly ideas when it came to running this team. NO HOME GAMES televised? How on earth do you do that? There was a time there, where this team didnt make the playoffs for 5-7 straight years?? (or something like that). Hockey was HUGE in Chicago in the mid 80's (Savard, Secord, Larmer)
    Then in the early 90's it was HUGE (Roenick, Chelios, Sutter). They got their asses handed to them in the Cup Finals, but still, Hockey was HUGE in Chicago.

Then the Blackhawks disappeared for the last 10-15 years.

It is great to see the city embrace the Blackhawks again.

Give me Hockey any day over baseball and football which I find boring.
    Hockey is awesome, but similar to soccer. They are the pop music of sports. For people with shorter attention spans. Baseball has so many factors, and while it can be boring to watch, especially if you don't understand what is going on, it has its rewards and can be the most exciting sport.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    pjfan021 wrote:
    I dont know...

I wouldnt refer to a lot of these fans as "fair weather". Hockey was DEAD in this city for the last 10 years. Thanks to old man Wirtz and his silly ideas when it came to running this team. NO HOME GAMES televised? How on earth do you do that? There was a time there, where this team didnt make the playoffs for 5-7 straight years?? (or something like that). Hockey was HUGE in Chicago in the mid 80's (Savard, Secord, Larmer)
    Then in the early 90's it was HUGE (Roenick, Chelios, Sutter). They got their asses handed to them in the Cup Finals, but still, Hockey was HUGE in Chicago.

Then the Blackhawks disappeared for the last 10-15 years.

It is great to see the city embrace the Blackhawks again.

Yeah, I still look back to those early 90's teams. Man, that was like an allstar team.
    Roenick, Chelios, Sutter, Belfour, Amonte....
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Hockey is awesome, but similar to soccer. They are the pop music of sports. For people with shorter attention spans. Baseball has so many factors, and while it can be boring to watch, especially if you don't understand what is going on, it has its rewards and can be the most exciting sport.

hockey has it all ... every player on the ice has to be strong, fast, athletic and to be able to think ... there isn't another sport like that out there ...
    That is why I love hockey, reminds me kinda of soccer.
    Cricket is my favourite ''need a long attention span'' sport!
    I can watch it all day long!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    polaris_x wrote:

hockey has it all ... every player on the ice has to be strong, fast, athletic and to be able to think ... there isn't another sport like that out there ...

Rugby. Hands down.
    Let's close this out tonight!
    Let's close this out tonight!
    PHUCK PHILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    look at this picture from chicago tribune:
    looks like tarzan, skates like jane
    alg_pronger.jpg

:lol:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life