The official $92.05 is Too much Thread

Comments

• stranger34stranger34 Posts: 235
    stranger34 wrote:
    for those who think im nuts for noting behavioral changes in eddie. please watch these: i do feel bad because there may be something wrong with him:

eddie 06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E9hZMJXzSY

eddie 09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2QEqQoygws

eddie vedder 09 with the far away eyes doesn't even seem like him. maybe hes too into his psychotropics

I am REALLY tryin to see your side of this, but forgive me for saying that I think your point is ridiculous. I remember seeing that interview awhile ago and thinking how interesting that he is so soft spoken like I've always heard. But thank you for posting that, I love what he says at the end about how important those three hours were 18 years ago. I think you just reinforced the fact that Ed is a regular dude and one grateful guy. I cant see the 'far away' eyes and dont see how this shows that he is an "annoying rockstar" like you have said.

There may be something wrong with him?! what the heck does that mean? What are you suggesting? It's starting to sound like you have some weird issues with ED.. like personal issues. Did he not sign your sweaty bare chest once back in 1994? I'm just kiddin, kidding...I understand you have liked the band in the past, but I just dont get it... maybe you're looking too deeply into it. I have always heard that Ed is very engaging in person and extrememly soft spoken.

I retract my "annoying rockstar" statement.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    stranger34 wrote:
    to be fair, I think anyone who posts here probably has an unhealthy interest in the band
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=126886
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    satansbed wrote:
    seriously nobody answered me earlier, where the fuck are they charging 92.05 for tickets
    in ticket master the ticket was 77$ and with fees +service go up 92;05,but for international buyers like u and me was 96.50

so pearl jam charged what they always have for tickets and ticketbastard added charges, how is this the band's fault, and for people who saw the fought against the prices of tickets for years, yeah they fought.... and lost.. you even hear it in recent interviews that their sick of fighting with ticketmaster, they have been their, done that, got the t-shirt
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    satansbed wrote:
    so pearl jam charged what they always have for tickets and ticketbastard added charges, how is this the band's fault, and for people who saw the fought against the prices of tickets for years, yeah they fought.... and lost.. you even hear it in recent interviews that their sick of fighting with ticketmaster, they have been their, done that, got the t-shirt
    Well they arent charging what they always charged... but to quote a ticket price with TM fees included is a bit tough. I guess if you compare to other bands with fees included its fine for comparison though.
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    satansbed wrote:
    satansbed wrote:
    seriously nobody answered me earlier, where the fuck are they charging 92.05 for tickets
    in ticket master the ticket was 77$ and with fees +service go up 92;05,but for international buyers like u and me was 96.50

They aren't charging what they always charged. Plus they added their own Ten Club service charge to 10 Club tickets.
    well the last tour tickets where in their 70s too and if you go on to Ticketmaster that's what you'll get quoted, and the 10 club has staff to pay 2
    satansbed wrote:
    well the last tour tickets where in their 70s too and if you go on to Ticketmaster that's what you'll get quoted, and the 10 club has staff to pay 2
    2009 + 2010 ticket prices do not equal what they've always charged.I know people on here have the ticket price history ready to post, but in 2006 even it was $55 with fees for Chicago... in 09 it was $74. I dont have 2000/2003 to compare to though, but thats like a 40% increase in 3 years?

And FWIW I'm not complaining about ticket prices -- I do think they are higher than many similar bands, but I will pay happily to see them.
    weak dollar might have something to do with it, in ireland tickets have always been around 60 euro, which is what..... 80/90 dollars
    satansbed wrote:
    weak dollar might have something to do with it, in ireland tickets have always been around 60 euro, which is what..... 80/90 dollars
    i doubt that would be it since they are based in the US... and if anyone says gas prices I will gouge out my eyes! :x
    satansbed wrote:

Staff has to pay 2?
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    This is getting better as I've long called for tickets in the $250 range. Hopefully, we hit the $100 mark soon as this will open shows up a bit, particularly the ones where tickets are in high demand.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
    satansbed wrote:
    do u remember the price of Dublin 06?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    satansbed wrote:

Staff has to pay 2?
    huh..... as in they have employees that have to be paid, to run the fan club, to run the record label, to make them coffee etc etc, it all adds up
    satansbed wrote:

i thought it was in the 60-70 range could be wrong
    satansbed wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

i thought it was in the 60-70 range could be wrong
    strange...41 euros was torino 43.70 was pistoia ..Athens was 52 and was one of the most expensice..
    satansbed wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

Staff has to pay 2?
    huh..... as in they have employees that have to be paid, to run the fan club, to run the record label, to make them coffee etc etc, it all adds up

Hahahaha. Yeah our $20 a year and the millions the band makes don't pay for them. It's the $3 per ticket 10 club service charge.

What else? Any other excuses for us?

Hahahaha. Yeah our $20 a year and the millions the band makes don't pay for them. It's the $3 per ticket 10 club service charge.

im just sayin i dont see the problem, the band has expenses to pay, and it wants to earn a profit too they have a good balance going on in my opinion
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,361
    Here are some prices for Ten Club ticket pairs for recent tours, all in high-demand markets:

2003, Uniondale, N.Y.: $83.00

2006, Los Angeles (Forum): $117.40
    2006, Las Vegas: $112.40
    2006, San Diego: $119.40
    2006, San Francisco: $112.90
    2006, Santa Barbara: $169.00

2009, Seattle: $148.00
    2009, L.A. (Universal): $163.00
    2009, San Diego: $146.00

2010, Boston: $171.00
    2010, N.Y. (M.S.G.): $173.00

$83.00 in 2003 dollars equals $91.00 in 2006 dollars and $97.00 in 2009 dollars. Clearly, ticket prices have significantly outstripped inflation over the past seven years. The problem is compounded by "venue inflation"-- prices for the Santa Barbara Bowl and Universal Amphitheatre (smaller capacity) and Madison Square Garden and "Boston Garden" (famous venues) show a venue premium. The bottom line is that the rate of ticket price growth suggests that we could be looking at more than $100.00 per ticket by 2011 or 2012.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    Green Day with AFI $20 cheap seats. amazing...
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    stranger34 wrote:

What's more amazing is you have about 170 posts and 75 are in this same thread that you started.
    Do you even like the band?
    I think you have made your point.
    stranger34 wrote:

What's more amazing is you have about 170 posts and 75 are in this same thread that you started.
    Do you even like the band?
    I think you have made your point.

no i hate them, thats why I've ony been to 12 shows since 2000
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    satansbed wrote:

im just sayin i dont see the problem, the band has expenses to pay, and it wants to earn a profit too they have a good balance going on in my opinion

i presume you wouldnt have a problem with petrol prices continually rising then? cos Shell and BP have expenses to pay and if they want to earn a profit good on them...

this is what is fucking me off about this thread and the people supporting the 'any price they want to charge us I'll pay' brigade... those same people will moan about something in life... I have moaned about the cost of the tickets going up to £50-60 per ticket... i find that almost repulsive. But i've paid it because i want to see the band.

I also think that petrol which is priced at £1.18 a litre up here is repulsive... but i pay it because i have to drive a car... same with the guy who used the steak example and never came back to me... are all you PJ fans who think its ok for them to charge what they want, ok with things that go up in price by 40-50%... you ok with it? What happens when the car mechanic tells you the price of a tyre is now £100 instead of £50... would you happily pay that? would you pay it and then actually say to your wife when you got home "well,the guy needs to make a profit, he has overheads and all that... yes i know he lives in a £1.5million house and flies around the world but i'm quite happy to pay twice what i paid 4 years ago for that tyre, that goes for anything my darling... I'll pay twice what i paid for every product imaginable and never ever complain about it"

its my right as a consumer, and its my fucking right to moan about the price of a PJ ticket if i so wish... i pay to be on this brown nose of a forum so if i pay to use it I'll moan all i want to...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • breath123breath123 Posts: 397
    dunkman wrote:
    breath123 wrote:

christ! now we have to hate "blood"?

fuck this. this is what they feel their work is worth. pay it or don't. whatever!

then please, for the love of Jesus Christ, our immortal savior....SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

This thread is for people who don't agree with the prices. The title clearly says that the price is too much and you had the choice not to post in it. Take your own advice.

what a genuinely brilliant retort... i love it.

i wish i had used it much earlier with all those sheeple who were saying the same as breath123.... which by the way is the most original username i've ever come across.

you're a fungi
    edited March 2010
    dunkman wrote:

i presume you wouldnt have a problem with petrol prices continually rising then? cos Shell and BP have expenses to pay and if they want to earn a profit good on them...

this is what is fucking me off about this thread and the people supporting the 'any price they want to charge us I'll pay' brigade... those same people will moan about something in life... I have moaned about the cost of the tickets going up to £50-60 per ticket... i find that almost repulsive. But i've paid it because i want to see the band.

I also think that petrol which is priced at £1.18 a litre up here is repulsive... but i pay it because i have to drive a car... same with the guy who used the steak example and never came back to me... are all you PJ fans who think its ok for them to charge what they want, ok with things that go up in price by 40-50%... you ok with it? What happens when the car mechanic tells you the price of a tyre is now £100 instead of £50... would you happily pay that? would you pay it and then actually say to your wife when you got home "well,the guy needs to make a profit, he has overheads and all that... yes i know he lives in a £1.5million house and flies around the world but i'm quite happy to pay twice what i paid 4 years ago for that tyre, that goes for anything my darling... I'll pay twice what i paid for every product imaginable and never ever complain about it"

its my right as a consumer, and its my fucking right to moan about the price of a PJ ticket if i so wish... i pay to be on this brown nose of a forum so if i pay to use it I'll moan all i want to...

i completely see your point.... i just don't think a) its completely pearl jams fault price have gone up, their are other factors, and b) because ive grown up in Ireland ive been used to high prices in the last few years so i don't see as much as a difference as maybe you would

i don't really have a problem with people complaining, i just disagree with their opinions,

having an opinion is different to "brown nosing"
    Post edited by satansbed on
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    breath123 wrote:
    you're a fungi

:clap:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    stranger34 wrote:

Absolutely.

It's amazing that people would pay $20 to see Green Day and AFI
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    people need to learn to save money. you know at some point in near future pj will tour.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
    I dont think the fact the tickets have gone up probably 2.5X in price in 9 years is completely out of their control. I still go to as many shows as I can because its worth it to me, but I couldnt defend them to anyone who says they have been charging more than both they need to or comparable bands do.

And there are people that are defending the prices on here that are not trying to score points with the band, but there are some that defend every little thing so aggressively that its just weird. It's OK to love the music and still disagree with something. But some on this board can't seem to do it - its like they are defenders of all things.

EV just ate a baby on stage? Wow.. he's just trying to show the world that we're getting overpopulated.

PJ signs on with Target? Who cares - they sold out when they signed with Sony.

PJ's ticket prices are up from $80/pair to $185/pair? It's those crazy gas prices, you know? The $200,000 more they make for that venue is for gas prices... and family. It can't be that they want to just make more money per show?

Anyway.. like I said I have no problem with it just because there's nothing I can do about it and its worth it to me, I dont care about Target because even though its still a little weird its the music I care about, and I dont think EV eats babies. Just trying to show my exaggerated point :)
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I agree with most of what you said drsluggo. And I might very well be one of the poeple in this thread that is adamantlly defending the ticket prices, but that is because I just dont understand how people can't take into account the million different factors that have evolved or come into play in 2010 as opposed to 1998. And the gas prices thing is just making a point that even the tiniest little things change -- and after 10-20 things like that add up, it can be a considerable difference. Yes, it could be as simple as something like they want to make more money. And that would even be fine with me becasue they had resonably priced tickets for the first 10 years I attended their concerts. Maybe back then, prices didnt matter so much to them because They didnt see an immediate end to their constant touring. It's possible that they are more responsible now and realize that touring in a few years when they hit 50, wont be the same.

And personally I think it is ludicrous to imagine complaining about paying each guy in the band $5 and hour to play the best music I have ever heard! Especially when we pay $40 to fill our tanks, $80 to talk on a phone, $50 to wander the silly internets, etc... It just seems silly when people justify that it's too expensive becasue Ed didnt like big corporations 12 years ago or he has evolved into an annoying rockstar. I say it's time to live in the Present, not the past.

There are a few things the band does that I disagree with, but I always make it about the music. My love for the band is for that first note I hear at the concert all the way to that last note, the feeling I get when racing down the road to Got Some, or the relaxation I get laying in my backyard listening to the bootleg of Atlanta 2002...

And btw, Eddie does eat babies on rye bread, but it's mostly backstage. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    And personally I think it is ludicrous to imagine complaining about paying each guy in the band $5 and hour to play the best music I have ever heard! Especially when we pay $40 to fill our tanks, $80 to talk on a phone, $50 to wander the silly internets, etc... It just seems silly when people justify that it's too expensive becasue Ed didnt like big corporations 12 years ago or he has evolved into an annoying rockstar. I say it's time to live in the Present, not the past.

OK... this one I have to disagree with. I have no problem paying each member in the band $15 for a ticket (including boom I suppose w/ service fees). But... you're paying $15 * 15-20,000 people. So that analogy its really between $225K and 300K per member.

I realize that does NOT include crew, equipment, promotion, etc, etc, etc. I get that - but that analogy is not a great one to try and show ticket prices are not inflated.

Also - their merch prices are kind of insane these days are they not - and they make that on top of tickets? I actually have more a problem with that than I do the ticket prices - especially considering the quality of some of the shirts lately. :)
This discussion has been closed.