MAY 13 BRISTOW, VA ROLL CALL

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    The lottery system for #1-2 and #9-10 rows? I hope so. I think it's pretty cool that someone who may not have known about the fan club until 2003 or so to get a chance for front row.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • yay!!!! jammers are you getting ready????? i know i am!!!! i just can't wait to rock out!
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    The lottery system for #1-2 and #9-10 rows? I hope so. I think it's pretty cool that someone who may not have known about the fan club until 2003 or so to get a chance for front row.

yeah
    it kicks ass 10c did that for fans.
    i hope we get word on it soon.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• *imagines being the one who gets to pick up this wonderful ticket and see an awesome seat!!!!!* CANT WAIT!!!!
    THANK YOU 10 CLUB!!!! I love Pearl Jam!!!!!
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    I'll be there. Will the Philly boots be at the merch stand?
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    After much debate traveling from CT for this one. Looking forward to my first show in VA!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • SavedFuckerSavedFucker Posts: 215
    buckets of PBR and karioke at the area Buffalo Wild Wings after the show.....tits!
    i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
  • BigWave88BigWave88 Posts: 369
    I will be there! It's the only show I am able to attend this tour. It's about 40mins from my house which is nice. Jiffy Lube Live is funny to me! It used to be called Nissan Pavillion.

Are they doing lottery for this tour?

got this in the mail today.....

'2) Ten Club tickets are for reserved seating and allocated by membership seniority, with the exception of rows 1-2 and rows 9-10 which will be used for random allocation.'

here's the disabled accessibility info for anybody that needs it.

http://www.nissanpavilion.com/npsr_accessible.htm

• AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Anybody decide what hotel to stay at yet?
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
    I'm still looking. Super 8 and Red Roof Inn the cheapest @ about $75 w/ AAA. Then better hotels w/ indoor pools at about $125.
    Need to decide soon and book. I'm not dumping good $$ for a quick night stay. We'll be arriving probably at hotel check in time, then making our way to the lot probably within the hour of that. Also will be prepared to have a snack and something to do while lot is emptying out.
  • We'll be there...taking my daughter to her first PJ show...first show ever. What a great way to spend my 40th b-day. She took notice with Ed's solo effort and is so excited to see the band. Stoked to be passing on the music tradition. This ones going to be hard to top. She was only 2 months old when I saw my first PJ show almost 12 years ago...where has the time gone!
    Pearl Jam
    9.18.98/10.27.09/5.13.10/7.19.13(earthcam)/10.21.13/10.27.13
    Solo/Side Project
    Balt MD 6.15.09 EV/Balt MD 10.9.10 BRAD
    DC 3.21.11 Tres Mts/DC 11.3.12 RNDM
  • Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    I will be there! It will be my third concert, and my 2nd one of the tour! FIrst time doing a two show run and I'm stoked!
  • We'll be there...taking my daughter to her first PJ show...first show ever. What a great way to spend my 40th b-day. She took notice with Ed's solo effort and is so excited to see the band. Stoked to be passing on the music tradition. This ones going to be hard to top. She was only 2 months old when I saw my first PJ show almost 12 years ago...where has the time gone!

very cool enjoy your time. I be at this show.

I too was fortunate enough to see PJ on my B-day. Camden 1 in 2008. Great night, played my favorite song "In Hiding"

My sons were and still are too young for their 1st show. Still a tender 5 and 7.
  • The Jiffy Lube Live area has been scouted.

1. You can walk from the Virginia Gateway Shopping (VGS) center area to the venue. Roughly 1-1.5 miles. There are sidewalks all the way up to 0.2 miles from the main entrance. There is plenty of grass area away from the shoulder of the road to walk on. So don't believe the post that this area isn't walkable.

2. There a many fast food options within the VGS along with 2 I have contacted which offer a bar area. Mimi's Cafe and Bungalow Alehouse. The cafe bar seats about 25 and the Bungalow is larger.

There was a previous post with the link to the shopping center, but here it is again: http://www.vagateway.com/shopping.html#

The Hampton Inn is with the VGS and a great option for those spending the night.
    here's the pre-party & fundraiser link incase you haven't seen it.
    good luck to vedderdays! help her out!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127137

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    We'll be there...taking my daughter to her first PJ show...first show ever. What a great way to spend my 40th b-day. She took notice with Ed's solo effort and is so excited to see the band. Stoked to be passing on the music tradition. This ones going to be hard to top. She was only 2 months old when I saw my first PJ show almost 12 years ago...where has the time gone!
    That's awesome!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Got Quality Inn in Manassas for $70 tx inc. using AAA. CX policy up to the day. Good deal.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Got Quality Inn in Manassas for $70 tx inc. using AAA. CX policy up to the day. Good deal.

i will add this to the hotel thread........thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127021&p=2867393#p2867393
    Thanks, didn't know there was such a thread. Great idea!
  • Dynamo D2DDynamo D2D Posts: 109
    I'll be there...Not on 10c tix...Section 205 not great but still in the house.

Was hoping to head to MSG but couldn't make it happen.

I wasn't able to make the last leg so I'm thankful.

There is some great info in this thread...
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Is anyone flying in? Washington Duelles would be the closest airport, right?

Where can you buy wine? (Is it a liquor control board state like Pennsylvania?)

Look at my picture.... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Don't I look just like Vedder?
  • blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    DangDang wrote:
    Is anyone flying in? Washington Duelles would be the closest airport, right?

Where can you buy wine? (Is it a liquor control board state like Pennsylvania?)

Look at my picture.... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Don't I look just like Vedder?

Dulles would be the closest airport. DCA (Reagan National) is pretty close as well although DCA is located right across the river from the city so traffic would be worse coming from DCA. and DCA is known to be the most expensive of the area's airports.
    and you can buy wine at grocery and convenience stores in VA.
    ppssstttt.....
    if you're traveling by waynesboro on 64 stop by the cheese shop. you won't be sorry.
    treats, cheese, just down right yummy stuff. and all super fresh.
    https://www.thecheeseshopva.com/Default.aspx

(had to share that with my pj peeps)

• DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    What hotel is everyone staying at.

It doesn't smell does it? :shock:
  • PJfanPAPJfanPA Posts: 130
    The Jiffy Lube Live area has been scouted.

1. You can walk from the Virginia Gateway Shopping (VGS) center area to the venue. Roughly 1-1.5 miles. There are sidewalks all the way up to 0.2 miles from the main entrance. There is plenty of grass area away from the shoulder of the road to walk on. So don't believe the post that this area isn't walkable.

2. There a many fast food options within the VGS along with 2 I have contacted which offer a bar area. Mimi's Cafe and Bungalow Alehouse. The cafe bar seats about 25 and the Bungalow is larger.

There was a previous post with the link to the shopping center, but here it is again: http://www.vagateway.com/shopping.html#

The Hampton Inn is with the VGS and a great option for those spending the night.
    Dude,
    Thanks for the info! I'm going to be staying at the Hampton inn just made my reservation!
    09/02/00 04/28/03 07/05/03 07/06/03 07/12/03 10/01/04 10/03/05 05/13/06 05/27/06 05/28/06 06/01/06 06/03/06
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I guess the best (only) option within walking distance of the venue is the Hampton Inn/Haymarket?
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    it's getting close. flying up from orlando. my good friend lives in dc. his first show. big fan of both bands. gettings excited
  • Just got my confirmation email and I am pumped.

Wanted to check again with folks that have been to this venue recently. I plan on getting there early and tailgating... Keeping it low key, maybe grilling and enjoying some cold drinks from the cooler. Will I get in trouble for drinking out there? They seem pretty excited about their no alcohol policy, haha.

If it is going to be tough, then I may just visit a local bar and down a few. Thanks!