MAY 13 BRISTOW, VA ROLL CALL

Comments

• stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Who is going to stay at the Hampton and mile and a half away. we could just hike it as group. Can it be done? That is only like a 20 minute walk. Any bars/restaurants near the hampton?

It could be done...I just don't know how smart it would be. I'll drive by there tomorrow and take pictures.

There aren't really any bars nearby. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings and thats it. Here is a link to the shopping center right there, look under Gateway Commons.

http://www.vagateway.com/interactive_map/index.html
    oh ok thanks.
    is this this the same matt as last VA tour? ---hey-ya!

It is me, hi! Good to see you again!
  • Ill be there! Itll be my 33rd show and my girlfriends 1st!
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • stpmattb wrote:
    Who is going to stay at the Hampton and mile and a half away. we could just hike it as group. Can it be done? That is only like a 20 minute walk. Any bars/restaurants near the hampton?

It could be done...I just don't know how smart it would be. I'll drive by there tomorrow and take pictures.

There aren't really any bars nearby. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings and thats it. Here is a link to the shopping center right there, look under Gateway Commons.

http://www.vagateway.com/interactive_map/index.html

Thanks! This is very helpful, plenty of restaurants across the parking lot. Hope I get tickets.
    Hey brother.

• Jiffy Lube Live (nee Nissan Pavilion) is great for ME, its fairly close and I can get in and out of there in a flash on back roads (I don't need 66).

What are these roads you speak of?
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    edited March 2010
    stpmattb wrote:

It is me, hi! Good to see you again!

yeah! it's jam time again. :mrgreen:

thanks for the VA gateway shopping center link.
    hhmm i see they have a chili's. Tropical Sunrise drink for me that day for lunch!
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

Jiffy Lube Live (nee Nissan Pavilion) is great for ME, its fairly close and I can get in and out of there in a flash on back roads (I don't need 66).

What are these roads you speak of?

One easier option, instead of 66 is getting of at the 234 exit (second exit, not the Battlefield exit). Go down 1/4 mile or so, hang a right onto Balls Ford Road and take that straight until you get to Wellington Rd. Turn right on Wellington and the venue is about a mile down.

That is a better alternative then getting off on the Prince William Parkway/Bypass. Going that route, the cops will force you to take the bypass all the way to Wellington Road. You would pass OVER Balls Ford Rd, then go another 4 miles out of the way. They won't let you make the right turn onto Balls Ford coming in this way, however coming in all the way on Balls Ford, you can continue straight.

Questions? :)
  • MC38622MC38622 Posts: 25
    I'm staying at the Hampton 1.5 miles away and just called them They said there are sidewalks all the way to/from the venue. I'm in since I can walk!
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Hampton Inn has gone too a non smoking hotel and since I smoke I can't stay there so I'm thinking Country Inn and Suites or the Red Roof.

Where is everyone else thinking of staying?
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • uskidsknowuskidsknow Posts: 143
    question about tickets:

Where do we think the 10C tickets might be at this venue? They definitely wouldn't be lawn seats, right?
    dream the dreams of other men...you will be no one's rival
    MC38622 wrote:
    I'm staying at the Hampton 1.5 miles away and just called them They said there are sidewalks all the way to/from the venue. I'm in since I can walk!

I promise you, there are not sidewalks the entire way there. There are sidewalks leaving Hampton Inn, sure, it's a shopping center, but definitely not the entire way to the venue.
    uskidsknow wrote:
    question about tickets:
    Where do we think the 10C tickets might be at this venue? They definitely wouldn't be lawn seats, right?

I highly doubt it would be lawn - they say they reserve "the best seats". In 2003, 280xxx was in 103.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    are tixs on sale now?it's 4pm here in va that would be 1pm there right?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• SidnumSidnum Posts: 674

Yeah I'm waiting too. Don't know what's going on.
  • shawnb199shawnb199 Posts: 133
    I'll be there, after a much easier ticket purchase than Boston (and from the sounds of it, MSG). Will also be in Boston and, if all goes well in 2 hours, Hartford.
  • mkeen411mkeen411 Posts: 103
    damn that was stressful...
    Sidnum wrote:

Yeah I'm waiting too. Don't know what's going on.

Ah, there it goes. Done and done.
  • I'm officially a go with tickets for me and my girlfriend driving up from Nashville, TN.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Yippee! Now, I just need to figure out how to get there. :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Can't wait to see everyone while we are all waiting in line to get into the parking lot- :lol:

But really- you may want to try and get there early- DC traffic is bad and getting there during rush hour won't be easy
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • In like Tiger when he sees a blonde chick
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • serpent boyserpent boy Posts: 372
    Wow. I was getting pretty nervous there. I think I gulped down an entire cup of coffee in 2 minutes haha.

See you all there! Woooo!
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 387
    Wow....much easier than MGS 2 yesterday. just glad I was able to get a pair for both the shows I wanted to make.

Good luck getting to the venue everybody...leave PLENTY of time. If you're there early, start drinking early.
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Yippee! Now, I just need to figure out how to get there. :D

:lol: Nice.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I'm in.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I'll be there :D
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    I got tickets! WOOOOHOOO!!!! Fan club member hotel party is WHERE? Meet ups are where?
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    BOOM
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • MC38622 wrote:

very good news here about the sidewalks!

Make the venue a much friendlier place to go.
  • I'm in. Can't wait!
    Wendy
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,846
    I'll be there man
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com