MAY 13 BRISTOW, VA ROLL CALL

Comments

• JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    Can't wait to see everyone while we are all waiting in line to get into the parking lot- :lol:

But really- you may want to try and get there early- DC traffic is bad and getting there during rush hour won't be easy

Got my tickets!!! I will echo the traffic comment though- the DC traffic is a nightmare. I live a little over 100 miles away and I remember it taking us over 4 hours to get there last time we went to see PJ. The parking lot at the end of the night is insane too, expect a 2 hour wait to get out.
  • mkeen411mkeen411 Posts: 103
    I'm officially a go with tickets for me and my girlfriend driving up from Nashville, TN.

no shit, i live in nashville and i'm headed to this show.
  • HopperHopper Posts: 203
    definitely was worried with yesterday's fiasco....and with the tickets not showing up on time...

but got'em...and never thought i would be so happy to head to the traffic snarled nissan pavillion...i remember Ed saying in 2003 what a shit hole that place is...thought they would never come back...

consider myself lucky with this presale...what with all of the problems...but i would be remiss in not thanking 10c for the opportunity!
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    What is the address for the Hampton Inn? I'm planning on booking now.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:

7300 Atlas Walk Way
    Gainesville, VA 20155
    (703) 753-1500
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    stpmattb wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

7300 Atlas Walk Way
    Gainesville, VA 20155
    (703) 753-1500
    Thanks. We ended up booking a room at Candlewood Suites in Manassas. The room was only $84. Although it isn't within walking distance, it's still close - 3.7 miles from the venue.

Candlewood Suites
    11220 BALLS FORD ROAD
    MANASSAS, VA 20109
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    stpmattb wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

7300 Atlas Walk Way
    Gainesville, VA 20155
    (703) 753-1500
    Thanks. We ended up booking a room at Candlewood Suites in Manassas. The room was only $84. Although it isn't within walking distance, it's still close - 3.7 miles from the venue.

Candlewood Suites
    11220 BALLS FORD ROAD
    MANASSAS, VA 20109

Easy drive for ya. Stay on Balls Ford, turn right on Wellington Rd and you're there.
  • lazyjc22lazyjc22 Posts: 130
    The tix didn't show up on the Goods page till 4:07, but I got them on the first try. Thanks to all who warned everyone how bad a nightmare getting into this place is :mrgreen:

I'm guessing my 180xxx will have me right up front, right? :roll:

Luckily, I work about two miles away, so, for everyone who'll be in the area early (get out of work at 3), there's a Buffalo Wild Wings straight up Wellington Rd. from the venue. I'll be there waiting for my wife to fight traffic from Herndon. I'm sure we'll try to get into the lot as early as we can. DON'T wait until 6:30, if you can help it, to try to get in.
  • lazyjc22lazyjc22 Posts: 130
    For those staying at the Hampton Inn, or just wanting to get into the area early, the Virginia Gateway shopping center is huge, and has plenty of places to eat. Ranging from fast food and Panera/Five Guys, to Uno's, Chili's, a few family-oriented local places, and a Buffalo Wild Wings. It's not quite the middle of nowhere, anymore. Ten years ago, it was.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    lazyjc22 wrote:
    My number is 39xxx, and I'm thinking I'll be 8 rows from the stage. In CT in 2006 in a venue that seems to be similar to this one, the first 4 rows were reserved for what seemed to be friends and family. I was in the 2nd row of fans which put me about 6 rows from the stage. As the lotterly for #1-2, and #9-10 rows is in place, that means my possible place of 2nd row, has been shifted to a possible place of 4th row. I'm all for the lottery system, btw, i think it's very nice of the band.

Anyway, add the first 4 rows for friends and family, and then the 2 rows for lottery, and then my usual second row, and that puts me possibly 8 rows from the stage. Still very cool!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    I'm in....

That's good. Maybe I'll wave to you from 20 rows away. I think your number is better than mine, 181xxx.

I'm not getting there at 2, someone said to get there at 2 or you'll miss it. we got there at 7:30 once, i think it was when they were there in 2003.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I had tickets to see Radiohead there. I got to the parking lot line at like 6:30pm. Didn't get parked and into the show until 10pm. ...PJ also did a "soft opening" there if I remember the last time they played there. Glad they're nearby, but it's the most Eco-Unfriendly and mismanaged venue on the east coast.

Get to the parking lot by 2pm, or risk missing some of the show.

Oh My God! We were there too! Our 3 hour ride turned into almost 7 hours because of all the detours and reroutes because of the rain. We were one of the last cars they let into the parking lot before they stopped letting people in... people were ditching there cars on the road and hopping the fence! We missed a few songs and couldn't hear them on the way in because the venue was blasting Coldplay :evil: over the loudspeakers where we waited to get tickets.

If it's raining, get there early!!!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • gonzogonzo Posts: 748
    Was gonna go, seeing that it's my 35th birthday and all, but can't make it... :(
    Gonna hit up MSG and celebrate in my hometown...
    Anybody got an extra 10c for MSG2? ;)
    peace,
    gonzo
    4/10/94, 9/28/96, 9/29/96, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/01/04, 9/15/05, 9/30/05, 10/01/05, 5/4/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/31/09, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/15/13, 10/18/13, 10/19/13, 10/25/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 5/1/16, 5/2/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 4/7/17, 8/8/18, 8/10/18, 9/10/22, 9/11/22
  • I'll be there and I am on cloud 9! No probs with ordering!
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • lazyjc22 wrote:
    The tix didn't show up on the Goods page till 4:07, but I got them on the first try. Thanks to all who warned everyone how bad a nightmare getting into this place is :mrgreen:

Luckily, I work about two miles away, so, for everyone who'll be in the area early (get out of work at 3), there's a Buffalo Wild Wings straight up Wellington Rd. from the venue. I'll be there waiting for my wife to fight traffic from Herndon. I'm sure we'll try to get into the lot as early as we can. DON'T wait until 6:30, if you can help it, to try to get in.

I'm 183XXX and was in 12th row at Nissan in 2003. Hoping to do no worse than that this time. Maybe even get lucky in the lottery for 1 or 2 (or 9,10). Never been that close before.

However, they put me about 24 rows back when they played Verizon ctr in 2006, so I'm kinda glad they are back at Nissan, hoping it means better seats.

Happy to have scored tickets and am able to go, wasn't able to go last time they came through.
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    193XXX...Got in at 4:12PM today...Can't wait.

Saw them there in 03 as well. It was rough getting there, but once you're in...it's not bad at all. I actually prefer outdoor venues. Much prefer this in comparison to the Verizon Center. The 06-08 shows were great, but the sound in that place sucks donkey nuts...
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Where to stay near Bristow? Should I be looking in Manassas?

Thanks.
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    Manassas, Centreville, or Chantilly.....and Gainesville....

Start with those areas. They're all do-able in regards to getting to the show.

:mrgreen:
  • count me in....and I might have an extra ten club ticket if I travel solo #145XXX
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    bigbiggzy wrote:

Id go Manassas. Gainesville doesn't really have anything aside from the Hampton Inn. The Country Inn and Suites in Manassas isn't too bad. There are plenty of options. Chantilly is close, but seems pointless when Manassas is so much closer and probably cheaper.
  • I'll be there as well! I'll also might have an extra 10c ticket as well. Relative newcomer to the 10c. 436XXX.
  • lazyjc22 wrote:

I'm 183XXX and was in 12th row at Nissan in 2003. Hoping to do no worse than that this time. Maybe even get lucky in the lottery for 1 or 2 (or 9,10). Never been that close before.

However, they put me about 24 rows back when they played Verizon ctr in 2006, so I'm kinda glad they are back at Nissan, hoping it means better seats.

Happy to have scored tickets and am able to go, wasn't able to go last time they came through.

I'm a 147 member and 12th row is usually my home.

You were very lucky to be on the floor @ verizon. That show was total lottery and I was 12 rows off the floor all the way at the other end of the arena.

I believe the 03 show seat allocation had a lot to do with when you picked your tickets up. The sooner the better.

Good luck and enjoy the show.
  • In 2003 at Nissan they had tickets divided into different boxes that I believe were allocated according to seniority. If your # was within a certain range, they pulled from a particular box, so it wasn't a total crapshoot and seniority did matter w.r.t the seat you ended up with. I remember the woman looked up my number and then had to find the right box to pull my tickets from.

The middle of the floor at Verizon sucked, it is not sloped so it was hard to see over all the heads. Best seats there are either right in front or right next to the stage like in section 120 (sat there 2x for U2, excellent section).
  • jlwkamsjlwkams Posts: 77
    I'll add my two cents for how I deal with the traffic/parking that is Jiffy Lube, Nissan, or whatever it is called now. I have seen about half a dozen shows at Nissan and it is a pain to get out there for those in the greater DC area.

If you can swing it, get out near the venue early to avoid rush hour traffic on 66. I usually take the afternoon off, go to a movie at the theater located off of exit 47b. I then get some food at the restaurants over in the shopping complex.

Then instead of getting back on 66 (which is usually gridlock), I take Sudley Rd to Lee Hwy. I take Lee Hwy. to University Blv, which then places me on Wellington. Even if you don't plan on getting there early, I'd recommend getting off at exit 47b and taking the backroads in. It will save you time, especially if it is after 6 pm.

I also leave during the encores, having been stuck in the parking lot before after a show. While it would be nice to see the band singing the last song or two...you can hear the music quite clearly walking to your car and driving out. While some might consider this blasphemous, it is a sacrifice I am comfortable making.
  • pjsycopjsyco Posts: 646
    Got my tickets and booked at the Hampton Inn. Now where is the pre-party? Is there going to be a Wishlist party for this show? Just wondering since I've met so many great people at the ones I've been to before.
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    is anyone planning on driving to this show and back from NYC. please pm me.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    stpmattb wrote:
    bigbiggzy wrote:

Id go Manassas. Gainesville doesn't really have anything aside from the Hampton Inn. The Country Inn and Suites in Manassas isn't too bad. There are plenty of options. Chantilly is close, but seems pointless when Manassas is so much closer and probably cheaper.

We're staying in the Country Inn and Suites so I'm glad to here it isn't too bad. I stayed in one of those in a different city and it was great for the money.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • thrakerthraker Posts: 61
    I'll be there. It'll be my 15th show anniversary with the band (not including the Ed shows). I'll bring 5 bottles of wine, a bottle of seltzer/soda (for Mike) and some nice jewelry for each of the guys. Then, who knows, maybe I'll get lucky? :)
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Yippee - My co-worker will take me to the concert. She is a big fan, and has never seen them. :D

P.S. She was voted most likely to have car problems in high school, and since I've known her she's lived up to that label. Oh well! We'll just send good energy to her car.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Yippee - My co-worker will take me to the concert. She is a big fan, and has never seen them. :D

P.S. She was voted most likely to have car problems in high school, and since I've known her she's lived up to that label. Oh well! We'll just send good energy to her car.

lol
    *throws some good car krama your way*

Are they doing lottery for this tour?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*