The Great Movie Quotes Thread

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Lizard wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    You guys wanna see a dead body?
    I loooove that movie!
    Did your mother have any kids that lived?

haha YES!

I think I just turned my fruit-of-the-looms into a fudge factory!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    "what's my name?
    say my name bitch!"
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

Full Metal Jacket

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: How tall are you, private?

Private Cowboy: Sir, five-foot-nine, sir.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Five-foot-nine, I didn't know they stacked shit that high!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Oh that's right, Private Pyle, don't make any fucking effort to get to the top of the fucking obstacle. If God would have wanted you up there he would have miracled your ass up there by now, wouldn't he?

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you.

"See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    conman wrote:
    "what's my name?
    say my name bitch!"
    American Pie...such a classic. They're making an American Reunion.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    " fuzzy wuzzy was a woman "
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
    Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
    Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
    Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
    Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
    Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
    Mayor: All right, all right! I get the point!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    "Grab a brew...don't cost nothin'."- Bluto
  • g under p wrote:
    From one of my favorite movies... THE PROFESSIONAL

Léon: And stop saying "okay" all the time. Okay?
    Mathilda: Okay.
    Léon: Good.

Fatman: Somebody's coming up. Somebody serious.

Mathilda: Is life always this hard, or is it just when you're a kid?
    Léon: Always like this.

Stansfield: I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects. Do you like Beethoven?
    Malky: I couldn't really say.

Mathilda: Leon, what exactly do you do for a living?
    Léon: [Leon] Cleaner.
    Mathilda: You mean you're a hit man?
    Léon: [reluctantly] Yeah.
    Mathilda: Cool.

Mathilda: Do you "clean" anyone?
    Léon: No women, no kids, that's the rules.
    Mathilda: How much would it cost to hire someone to get those dirtbags who killed my brother?
    Léon: Five grand a head.
    Mathilda: Wow. How about this: I work for you; in exchange, you teach me how to clean. Hmmm? What do you think? I'll clean your place, I'll do the shopping, I'll even wash your clothes. Is it a deal?

Mathilda: I've decided what to do with my life. I wanna be a cleaner.
    Léon: You wanna be a cleaner?
    [passes her a gun and bullets]
    Léon: Here, take it. It's a goodbye gift. Go clean. But not with me. I work alone, understand? Alone.
    Mathilda: Bonnie and Clyde didn't work alone. Thelma and Louise didn't work alone. And they were the best.

Léon: The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn.

Mathilda: You killed my brother.
    Stansfield: I'm sorry. And you want to join him?
    Mathilda: No.
    Stansfield: It's always the same thing. It's when you start to become really afraid of death that you learn to appreciate life. Do you like life, sweetheart?
    Mathilda: Yes.
    Stansfield: That's good, because I take no pleasure in taking life if it's from a person who doesn't care about it.

Norman Stansfield: Bring me everyone.
    Benny: What do you mean "everyone"?
    Norman Stansfield: EVERYONE.

[to receptionist after being asked about her father (Leon)]
    Mathilda: He's not my father. He's my lover.

Orphanage Headmistress: Now tell me what happened to you.
    Mathilda: OK. My family they got shot down by D.E.A. officers because of a drug problem. I left with the greatest guy on earth. He was a hitman, the best in town, but he died this morning. And if you don't help me, I'll be dead by tonight.

Mathilda: Leon, I think I'm kinda falling in love with you.
    [Leon chokes on his milk]
    Mathilda: It's the first time for me, you know?
    Léon: [wiping himself off] How do you know it's love if you've never been in love before?
    Mathilda: 'Cause I feel it.
    Léon: Where?
    Mathilda: [stoking her stomach] In my stomach. It's all warm. I always had a knot there and now... it's gone.
    Léon: Mathilda, I'm glad you don't have a stomach ache any more. I don't think it means anything.

Ah! Love this movie! This particular quote deserves a video XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opObtPjj7Jk&feature=related
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    g under p wrote:
    From one of my favorite movies... THE PROFESSIONAL

Léon: And stop saying "okay" all the time. Okay?
    Mathilda: Okay.
    Léon: Good.

Fatman: Somebody's coming up. Somebody serious.

Mathilda: Is life always this hard, or is it just when you're a kid?
    Léon: Always like this.

Stansfield: I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects. Do you like Beethoven?
    Malky: I couldn't really say.

Mathilda: Leon, what exactly do you do for a living?
    Léon: [Leon] Cleaner.
    Mathilda: You mean you're a hit man?
    Léon: [reluctantly] Yeah.
    Mathilda: Cool.

Mathilda: Do you "clean" anyone?
    Léon: No women, no kids, that's the rules.
    Mathilda: How much would it cost to hire someone to get those dirtbags who killed my brother?
    Léon: Five grand a head.
    Mathilda: Wow. How about this: I work for you; in exchange, you teach me how to clean. Hmmm? What do you think? I'll clean your place, I'll do the shopping, I'll even wash your clothes. Is it a deal?

Mathilda: I've decided what to do with my life. I wanna be a cleaner.
    Léon: You wanna be a cleaner?
    [passes her a gun and bullets]
    Léon: Here, take it. It's a goodbye gift. Go clean. But not with me. I work alone, understand? Alone.
    Mathilda: Bonnie and Clyde didn't work alone. Thelma and Louise didn't work alone. And they were the best.

Léon: The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn.

Mathilda: You killed my brother.
    Stansfield: I'm sorry. And you want to join him?
    Mathilda: No.
    Stansfield: It's always the same thing. It's when you start to become really afraid of death that you learn to appreciate life. Do you like life, sweetheart?
    Mathilda: Yes.
    Stansfield: That's good, because I take no pleasure in taking life if it's from a person who doesn't care about it.

Norman Stansfield: Bring me everyone.
    Benny: What do you mean "everyone"?
    Norman Stansfield: EVERYONE.

[to receptionist after being asked about her father (Leon)]
    Mathilda: He's not my father. He's my lover.

Orphanage Headmistress: Now tell me what happened to you.
    Mathilda: OK. My family they got shot down by D.E.A. officers because of a drug problem. I left with the greatest guy on earth. He was a hitman, the best in town, but he died this morning. And if you don't help me, I'll be dead by tonight.

Mathilda: Leon, I think I'm kinda falling in love with you.
    [Leon chokes on his milk]
    Mathilda: It's the first time for me, you know?
    Léon: [wiping himself off] How do you know it's love if you've never been in love before?
    Mathilda: 'Cause I feel it.
    Léon: Where?
    Mathilda: [stoking her stomach] In my stomach. It's all warm. I always had a knot there and now... it's gone.
    Léon: Mathilda, I'm glad you don't have a stomach ache any more. I don't think it means anything.

Ah! Love this movie! This particular quote deserves a video XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opObtPjj7Jk&feature=related

TOP 5 movie all time
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Mr. Salt: What is this, Wonka? Some kind of funhouse?
    Willy Wonka: Why? Having fun?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    " fuzzy wuzzy was a woman "

Richard Pryor & Gene Wilder...classic
    And I think Kevin Spacey is actually in that movie...
    "Ever hear of a ritual killing? Ah, heh heh heh heh heh"
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Hooper: I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a man who's lining up to be a hot lunch

Brody: You're gonna need a bigger boat

Jaws 1975

http://movieclips.com/PSfFV-jaws-movie- ... -devoured/ ... awesome movie never gets old
    watched it again on the edge of our seats Friday night :D
    They're coming to get you Barbara!!
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    I was reminded of this one while watching school of rock the other night.

"I have been touched by your kids... and I'm pretty sure that I've touched them. "
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • "aww, lookie here. Looks like somebody threw away a perfectly good white boy"

"what do you mean you lost the body?"
  • vedderlover1vedderlover1 Posts: 178
    edited October 2011
    Somewhere around 25, bizarre becomes immature"
    Post edited by vedderlover1 on
  • Somewhere around 25, bizarre becomes immature.

2nd favorite movie of all time!

"i was just nowhere near your neighborhood"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Cruiser: I joined the army 'cause my father and my brother were in the army. I thought I'd better join before I got drafted.
    Sergeant Hulka: Son, there ain't no draft no more.
    Cruiser: There was one?
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    Red: There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.

Love, love, this movie. My favorite from it is...

You better get busy living, or get busy dying.

love that one, love these two as well
    "hope is a good things, maybe the best of things, and no good things ever dies"
    "i hope i can make it across the border.i hope to see my friend, and shake his hand.i hope the pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. i hope."
  • "lighten up francis"
  • n55230014192_9184.jpg
    i don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. i don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed -- you know, as a career, i don't want to do that.

favorite movie ever!

"how'd you get her to go out with you?"
    "i called her up"
    "no, i mean like, what are you?"
    "i'm lloyd dobbler"
    "lighten up francis"

Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    "aww, lookie here. Looks like somebody threw away a perfectly good white boy"

"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind wrote:
    "aww, lookie here. Looks like somebody threw away a perfectly good white boy"

"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries."

"what a beautiful day. warm sun, beautiful women, and the air is just right for drinking"
    Igor, help me with the bags.

Soitenly. You take the blonde, I'll take the one in the turban.

I was talking about the luggage.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    "My cat can eat a whole watermelon!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK1YOz7apOs

"I am the king of the echo people."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H0s6jAp2Dk
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    "Whereas I am a victim of your carnivorous lunar activities. "
    "You're a funny guy Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last. "