THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Vick-to-the-Dallas-Cowboys/176032375743150

i don't know what's worse the fact someone created this page or that it has 14 likes from dumbass cowboys fan

i kinda do wish i was a giants fan or jets fan :P

But ya can't. Instead you're stuck in Fraud Purgatory for eternity. A shame really...
    and do you think i really care. i love the fact it bothers you pathetic flithy fans all these years. hell for anyone knows on here i could be a jets season ticket holders since the middle 90's.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Vick-to-the-Dallas-Cowboys/176032375743150

i don't know what's worse the fact someone created this page or that it has 14 likes from dumbass cowboys fan

i kinda do wish i was a giants fan or jets fan :P

But ya can't. Instead you're stuck in Fraud Purgatory for eternity. A shame really...
    and do you think i really care. i love the fact it bothers you pathetic flithy fans all these years. hell for anyone knows on here i could be a jets season ticket holders since the middle 90's.

Ahhhh, just perfect.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

least i can always count on you to fall for my act. it's like shooting fish in a bucket.

edited November 2010
    metsfan wrote:

least i can always count on you to fall for my act. it's like shooting fish in a bucket.

Ha ha! The disguised Jets Fan Who Pretends To Be A Cowboys Fan got me again! Shit! Every time he gets me!

And who says "fish in a bucket"?
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    metsfan wrote:

Ha ha! The disguised Jets Fan Who Pretends To Be A Cowboys Fan got me again! Shit! Every time he gets me!
    lmao

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Jeags, and yes, here is when it all went down over a year ago....

Ladies and gentlemen - I give you, within this thread, my defense of Mike Vick(well, not really defense per se, but shit, good times). Boy, do I remember this thread... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=106975&hilit=vick+eagles&start=30#p2448747

And so Dude From Upstate New York Who Jumped On The Cowboys Bandwagon knows, my point with Kolb was you paid him to be the starter. No one thought he'd be like this. No one. And of course this now changes everything.

nice!
    that thread was classic. best part was all the people predicting mass riots and protests...something like 6 people showed up at the first pre season game. that's it. peta blows.
    www.myspace.com

Ladies and gentlemen - I give you, within this thread, my defense of Mike Vick(well, not really defense per se, but shit, good times). Boy, do I remember this thread... http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2448747

And so Dude From Upstate New York Who Jumped On The Cowboys Bandwagon knows, my point with Kolb was you paid him to be the starter. No one thought he'd be like this. No one. And of course this now changes everything.

nice!
    that thread was classic. best part was all the people predicting mass riots and protests...something like 6 people showed up at the first pre season game. that's it. peta blows.

That thread used to be my firefox shortcut to this forum. Good stuff.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393

Ladies and gentlemen - I give you, within this thread, my defense of Mike Vick(well, not really defense per se, but shit, good times). Boy, do I remember this thread... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=106975&hilit=vick+eagles&start=30#p2448747

First of all, bandwagon fan is a tough one to call me if I continue to root for them this year, and rooted for them through the 1-15, 3-13, and 5-11 (3x straight) seasons. If I were a true bandwagon, wouldn't I have already started rooting for the Patriots, Colts, Saints, or something? Second, I agree that it was pretty nice to root for the Cowboys between 1991-1996, but, outside of that period, when, during my lifetime (1979-present) have they been consistently good?

Jeags, yes of course this is fucking sour grapes. My team is 2-7, John Kitna starts, our head coach got fired mid-season, and if I go on this would turn into a country song. I have rooted for Vick since he made my brother cry during the national championship game, and desperately wanted Jere to sign him. Sadly, 95% of the country loves dogs so damn much and/or hates Michael Vick so the man who grants second chances has stopped at doing it twice in the last 10 years - right as we could have gotten Randy Moss and Michael Vick. Excuse me while I slam my head on the table repeatedly.

Finally, why can we have normal discussions for most of the season until it is clear that you guys are above average and the Cowboys suck? Not once all year have I been called bandwagon or anything, but now that I was right about your damn qb situation you all throw me under the bus. Haha.
  • Yeah, we really don't care. Just want that silver trophy that's shaped like a football. If that garbage baseball team from SF can win it all, this team definitely can.

How do you guys know what the trophy looks like?

I think I saw it in a book one time. :lol:

I can't keep up with this thread.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    you just know this streak has to continue with eli on the docket sunday...

The Eagles now have intercepted a pass in 12 straight games, their longest streak since going 16 straight with a pick in 1988-89. Their 16 interceptions this season lead the NFL.

:mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    vick contract stuff....

Eagles face big dilemma with Vick
    Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2010, 1:23 PM EST
    Monday night’s memorable performance from Eagles quarterback Mike Vick has sparked plenty of discussion and debate regarding Vick’s short-term and long-term football future.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN believes that Vick will be an Eagle in 2011, either with a long-term contract or the one-year franchise tag. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Vick camp already is bracing for the possibility of the franchise tag.

In the end, don’t be shocked if that’s precisely what the Eagles do.

As one league source observed, “Vick’s contract value despite the hype will be tempered by the fact that all he has to do is breathe in the wrong direction and he will be suspended for life.” Though Vick currently is firmly within the redemption phase of his career, the concern is a legitimate one. Still on federal probation after a six-year lifestyle of gambling and dogfighting was discovered accidentally by authorities in 2007, Vick escaped potentially big trouble earlier this year after former dogfighting partner and convicted felon Quanis Phillips attended Vick’s 30th birthday party — and was shot by an unknown assailant after the party ended.

That incident occurred during Vick’s first offseason as a former superstar whose best days were behind him. In 2011, Vick will be a superstar all over again. Will he be able to properly navigate the challenges that will come with it, including a younger brother who seems at times to be determined to drag Mike back into a lifestyle of arrogance and reckless excess?

For the Eagles, it’s a gamble that could be too big to take, especially since the current labor deal protects players from having to pay back any bonus money unless they have intentionally held out or retired. Going to jail, for now, doesn’t permit a term to recover a single penny paid.

In contrast, relying on the franchise tag (which possibly won’t exist under the next labor deal but most think still will) will give the Eagles what they need most.

Time.

Time to see whether the new labor deal will allow teams to get money back from players who get suspended or incarcerated. Time to see whether opposing defenses will figure out how to stop the new Vick. Time to see whether the new Vick will become the old Vick once the praise and attention returns.

If, in the end, the Eagles apply the franchise tag and Vick runs afoul of the terms of his probation or of his reinstatement to the NFL, the Eagles will be out not a dime, since a franchise player gets his money in the form of games checks. If he’s not around to play, he won’t get paid.

Under this approach, the Eagles also would keep Kevin Kolb into 2011, since Kolb will be the insurance against the new Vick becoming the old Vick.

So even though Mike Vick has become better than he ever was and even though he is now firmly in the MVP debate, don’t assume that he’ll get the kind of long-term deal paid to the likes of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Sure, a long-term deal is possible, if Vick’s demands are reasonable. But Vick and the Eagles likely will having different views of what “reasonable” is, with Vick focused on his performance and the Eagles obsessed with the potential problems that will arise — especially if Vick were to enter the 2011 offseason with his bankruptcy debts paid off and plenty of other money in his pocket.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    my favorite part of that story...

Vick escaped potentially big trouble earlier this year after former dogfighting partner and convicted felon Quanis Phillips attended Vick’s 30th birthday party — and was shot by an unknown assailant after the party ended.

My buddy put it best on monday night...'love the player, hate the person'
  • The Fixer wrote:
    my favorite part of that story...

Vick escaped potentially big trouble earlier this year after former dogfighting partner and convicted felon Quanis Phillips attended Vick’s 30th birthday party — and was shot by an unknown assailant after the party ended.

My buddy put it best on monday night...'love the player, hate the person'

Yeah thats where I'm at like your buddy

i'm torn watching this...i want the team to do well but can't root for the dude
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Wouldn't this be a fitting way for the Eagles to win a Super Bowl? You finally get rid of the never-quite-accepted fully Donovan McNabb, for a sucky Scott Mitchell-to-be Kevin Kolb that you all wanted to love, only to have him usurped by the only person Eagle fans can't get behind in Michael Vick. If it's going to go down and you all finally get that Super Bowl it would be so perfect if Vick is hoisting the MVP trophy, on the cover of Madden again, and signed to a 6 year 80 million dollar deal. I think you'd all say you would be mad now, but this is the real "would you sell your soul to the devil for a super bowl" dillemna being played out.
    This guy... :lol:
    RW81233 wrote:
    this is the real "would you sell your soul to the devil for a super bowl" dillemna being played out.

where is the check out line? I'm buying...don't care what it costs
  • The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    this is the real "would you sell your soul to the devil for a super bowl" dillemna being played out.

What other way would Philly win one ? The devil is are last resort

I'd cut off a digit if it would bring home a SB Title

• The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

What other way would Philly win one ? The devil is are last resort

I'd cut off a digit if it would bring home a SB Title

Yup, any Eagles fan would take it in a second.

The problem I had with Vick to begin with was that I just didn't think he was that good of a QB. He does seem to be proving me wrong right now.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

The problem I had with Vick to begin with was that I just didn't think he was that good of a QB. He does seem to be proving me wrong right now.

you and me both buddy. we underestimated the andy reid effect. shame on us
  • The Fixer wrote:

Pjhawks wont let us forget..don't worry

;)

not sure if any of you guys read football outsiders or not but it is a helluva website. tons of quality info.

here's a good article about vick's maturation monday night: http://footballoutsiders.com/cover-3/20 ... areer-days

the 2nd play to avant they talk about here and the td to avant later in the game, to me, were the two most impressive plays of the night. on the td toss, he extended the play for 7 seconds before hitting him in the back of the endzone. quarterbacking does not get any better than that...
    www.myspace.com
    haha i love how bad you all want this...it's kind of pathetic and cool at the same time. i can accept it only if vick is the qb. if kolb comes in i want broken bones and several losses.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    The Fixer wrote:

;)

i call them as i see them. it's funny to read a bunch of posts praising Reid for working with Vick now. When the question was posed in the summer how many games they would win and I say 9 or 10 and was asked why and I said coaching, and i was ripped a new one on here. I think someone even posted a horse saying for me to get off my high horse.

that being said, it's only 9 games into the seeason, still a ways to go. great they are 6-3 but fortunes can turn quickly in the NFL - and dare i say it, Vick is due for a poor game. As I said earlier in the season you have to take it week to week in the NFL. going to be a very tough game sunday night. offensive line play is a must against this team.
    RW81233 wrote:
    haha i love how bad you all want this...it's kind of pathetic and cool at the same time. i can accept it only if vick is the qb. if kolb comes in i want broken bones and several losses.

not sure I understand your post...are you rooting for vick? that would be bizzare for any non-eagle fan to be pulling for this piece of trash.

why the diss on kolb? what's not to like there?

I'm confused. At least Towson took down coppin st this week
  • Any of you guys catch this article in the LA Times ?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-pla ... 298.column

Every time I see an interview with vick I want to punch him in the face.

Yes, I will be cheering for him sunday.

I know I'm a hypocrite here...this situation is so frustrating
  • The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

not sure I understand your post...are you rooting for vick? that would be bizzare for any non-eagle fan to be pulling for this piece of trash.

why the diss on kolb? what's not to like there?

I'm confused. At least Towson took down coppin st this week

I agree....what has Kolb done ? If anything he's been too PC for me

I'm not saying disrupt the team like TO did but he has handled this whole thing with more class then I could if I was playing

• The Fixer wrote:

I'm in the same boat...check out that article I just posted

I've had dogs my whole life...it makes me sick to hear what he did

The Fixer wrote:

I'm in the same boat...check out that article I just posted

I've had dogs my whole life...it makes me sick to hear what he did

yeah, man I don't like reading about that stuff...makes me angry. I'm sitting with my dog wilma right now...love her to death.

was at the urban saloon for trivia last night. one of the team names was bad newz kennelz. people are fucking idiots
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

;)

i call them as i see them. it's funny to read a bunch of posts praising Reid for working with Vick now. When the question was posed in the summer how many games they would win and I say 9 or 10 and was asked why and I said coaching, and i was ripped a new one on here. I think someone even posted a horse saying for me to get off my high horse.

that being said, it's only 9 games into the seeason, still a ways to go. great they are 6-3 but fortunes can turn quickly in the NFL - and dare i say it, Vick is due for a poor game. As I said earlier in the season you have to take it week to week in the NFL. going to be a very tough game sunday night. offensive line play is a must against this team.

one of the main reasons i liked the signing last year was how good a qb coach reid was. i knew he'd make vick better. and i posted after he made the change this year that i believe reid thinks he can turn him into a steve young type of qb. it was a great investment last year. again-- i think there were only two of us on this whole board who liked the signing.

i said 9 wins, 10 if things go there way. coaching has a lot to do with it. reid's a good coach. but they also have a decent amount of talent on this squad. plus they play in a garbage conference. if anyone is surprised at 6-3 right now, they haven't been paying attention.

...and that was me with the picture. it fits. fits in the phils thread too :mrgreen:

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.