THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    haha i love how bad you all want this...it's kind of pathetic and cool at the same time. i can accept it only if vick is the qb. if kolb comes in i want broken bones and several losses.

not sure I understand your post...are you rooting for vick? that would be bizzare for any non-eagle fan to be pulling for this piece of trash.

why the diss on kolb? what's not to like there?

I'm confused. At least Towson took down coppin st this week
    FIrst yes I fucking love Michael Vick, and I am pulling for him. I think it's becoming more acceptable now to pull for him as a non-Eagles football fan since he's "redeeming himself" or something, but I was pulling for him before that b/c I really don't care what he did. I know it's gross and wrong and all those things, but it just doesn't hit me in quite the same way as a drunk fan tackling an 8-year old in a parking lot, or leonard little killing two people in seperate dwi incidents, or dante stallworth doing the same, or a certain president sending a bunch of poor kids to afghanistan and iraq to senselessly murder other poor people and/or put their lives on the line. Of course we are talking degrees of abhorrent behavior here but, to me, Vick and dogs ranks about a 2 out of 10 on the grand scale of awful things humans do. Stallworth is about a 4, Little a 5, and George W./Dick Cheyney/Phil Knight are in about that 9 range.

Kolb, on the other hand, is just generally unlikable for me. First he has always played for the Eagles so he's gotta do something above and beyond to be likable - like Randall Cunningham/Reggie White/Buddy Ryan. As you all say he does nothing, but just sits there. Second, all my Philly-fan students have been begging for him to play since he's been drafted, and I like watching their hearts break. As all your posts state, winning with Vick has created an inner-conflict. It's funny to watch.

Yes TU did take out Coppin to tie the football team for wins in a season. I'm prolly going to the Princeton game on December 23rd. It's always fun to go to games since most of my students work there and my wife and I get the "star" treatment when we attend. Of course it's barely a step up from D3 basketball so courtside seats and popcorn is hardly "star" treatment, but it's fun nonetheless. Last year during the back-to-back blizzards it was even more fun being one of 20-50 fans at the Womens/Mens/Womens games b/c on the first day only half the band and cheerleaders could make it, then by the end it was full. Plus the games were exciting.
  • Iggles Going Green !

Lincoln Financial Field will convert to self-generated renewable energy w/ the help of Solar Blue! Solar Blue will equip Lincoln Financial Field with onsite wind, solar power and dual-fuel generated electricity.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Iggles Going Green !

Lincoln Financial Field will convert to self-generated renewable energy w/ the help of Solar Blue! Solar Blue will equip Lincoln Financial Field with onsite wind, solar power and dual-fuel generated electricity.

when we recycle, everyone wins.
    www.myspace.com
  • Iggles Going Green !

HaHa!

Take a walk around the parking lot after the tailgates

Iggles Going Green !

HaHa!

Take a walk around the parking lot after the tailgates

where did you see that article? are they going to have wind turbins on top of the linc or something? :roll: can't wait to sift through all the dead pidgeons while walking up to my seats....
    www.myspace.com
  • http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/20 ... adium.html

Jeags...here is your next ticket increase to fund these :lol:

• Now that is a Rant !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePAevL_cEaA

:thumbup:

wow i was totall kidding about the wind turbines. did you see the picture? that is gonna be weird as hell...
    www.myspace.com

• wow i was totall kidding about the wind turbines. did you see the picture? that is gonna be weird as hell...

It's expensive to go green

I seriously doubt the team is gonna eat this tab

wow i was totall kidding about the wind turbines. did you see the picture? that is gonna be weird as hell...

It's expensive to go green

I seriously doubt the team is gonna eat this tab

doesn't say anything about public funding in the article. i'd expect a hike in my season ticket cost next year.
    www.myspace.com
    shaun andrews tweaked his back at practice yesterday and may not play sunday. we've seen this movie before. :lol:

giants o line is in disarray...
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428

and don't those win turbines make some noise? definitely gonna look weird as hell but got to applaud the eagles and the luries for this. as much as jeff lurie takes some heat in philly seems like him and his wife do an awful lot good things.
    pjhawks wrote:

and don't those win turbines make some noise? definitely gonna look weird as hell but got to applaud the eagles and the luries for this. as much as jeff lurie takes some heat in philly seems like him and his wife do an awful lot good things.

he's an agent of social change.

not sure if they make noise. be even weirder if they did...especially for me sitting all the way at the top of the place :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Nah. For the most part the turbines are ultra quiet. Plus, they may be off during the games. I like this a lot.

Pretty funny I heard someone say on the radio that Lurie will win an Oscar before a Super Bowl. Looks like a damn good movie - it's called "Inside Job". I really wanna see this.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    RW81233 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    haha i love how bad you all want this...it's kind of pathetic and cool at the same time. i can accept it only if vick is the qb. if kolb comes in i want broken bones and several losses.

not sure I understand your post...are you rooting for vick? that would be bizzare for any non-eagle fan to be pulling for this piece of trash.

why the diss on kolb? what's not to like there?

I'm confused. At least Towson took down coppin st this week
    FIrst yes I fucking love Michael Vick, and I am pulling for him. I think it's becoming more acceptable now to pull for him as a non-Eagles football fan since he's "redeeming himself" or something, but I was pulling for him before that b/c I really don't care what he did. I know it's gross and wrong and all those things, but it just doesn't hit me in quite the same way as a drunk fan tackling an 8-year old in a parking lot, or leonard little killing two people in seperate dwi incidents, or dante stallworth doing the same, or a certain president sending a bunch of poor kids to afghanistan and iraq to senselessly murder other poor people and/or put their lives on the line. Of course we are talking degrees of abhorrent behavior here but, to me, Vick and dogs ranks about a 2 out of 10 on the grand scale of awful things humans do. Stallworth is about a 4, Little a 5, and George W./Dick Cheyney/Phil Knight are in about that 9 range.

Kolb, on the other hand, is just generally unlikable for me. First he has always played for the Eagles so he's gotta do something above and beyond to be likable - like Randall Cunningham/Reggie White/Buddy Ryan. As you all say he does nothing, but just sits there. Second, all my Philly-fan students have been begging for him to play since he's been drafted, and I like watching their hearts break. As all your posts state, winning with Vick has created an inner-conflict. It's funny to watch.

Yes TU did take out Coppin to tie the football team for wins in a season. I'm prolly going to the Princeton game on December 23rd. It's always fun to go to games since most of my students work there and my wife and I get the "star" treatment when we attend. Of course it's barely a step up from D3 basketball so courtside seats and popcorn is hardly "star" treatment, but it's fun nonetheless. Last year during the back-to-back blizzards it was even more fun being one of 20-50 fans at the Womens/Mens/Womens games b/c on the first day only half the band and cheerleaders could make it, then by the end it was full. Plus the games were exciting.

hmm, interesting. I don't understand how anyone can like vick if he doesn't play for their team. The guy is a dispicable human being. I hear what you're saying regarding other people getting away with stuff, but I think you underestimate how awful his vick's actions were.

Sounds like you are more of a philadelphia hater than a kolb hater. I get that, but you've targeted the wrong guy. you should be directing your venom at vick, not kolb. hating kolb is like hating switzerland.
    Dude, you absolutely have no pulse on this city, especially since your barometer is your students from Philly in another state. Inner-conflict is the absolute opposite that's going on. Stop talking about things you have no idea about. I know the Cowboys suck and there's nothing to talk about in that thread, so you feel the need to rile people up here when I really don't see the need. Other than the fact that you need to impose your input and take up 60 seconds of my life that I'd like back.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    Nah. For the most part the turbines are ultra quiet. Plus, they may be off during the games. I like this a lot.

Pretty funny I heard someone say on the radio that Lurie will win an Oscar before a Super Bowl. Looks like a damn good movie - it's called "Inside Job". I really wanna see this.

thought i'd seen stories where neighbors complained when people used these turbines - i could be mistaken.

and yes i heard the same thing about Lurie - apparantly this documentary is going to get nominated and has a great chance of winning. supposedly it's really well done about the banking crisis.
    pjhawks wrote:

thought i'd seen stories where neighbors complained when people used these turbines - i could be mistaken.

and yes i heard the same thing about Lurie - apparantly this documentary is going to get nominated and has a great chance of winning. supposedly it's really well done about the banking crisis.

Yeah, it depends on the material used. I saw this thing where some are loud because they live behind a ridiculous wind farm - like hundreds, almost thousands of them. Plus, the bigger the size, the more you get that "wooshing" sound. I just don't see how noise will be a problem in an industrial part of the city that has noise pollution much worse than this. Pretty awesome though. And to the cost - I'm sure they'll get a lot of government money for this project.

And the movie - I may actually go see it tonight. Playing in Oaks at 9:30.
    Dude, you absolutely have no pulse on this city, especially since your barometer is your students from Philly in another state. Inner-conflict is the absolute opposite that's going on. Stop talking about things you have no idea about. I know the Cowboys suck and there's nothing to talk about in that thread, so you feel the need to rile people up here when I really don't see the need. Other than the fact that you need to impose your input and take up 60 seconds of my life that I'd like back.

f r a u d.
    www.myspace.com
  • Just scored 2 tickets to the Thursday night game,section 113 :D. Heard talk that kolb could bring back a 1st and 3rd,thats way too good to pass up if true.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Just scored 2 tickets to the Thursday night game,section 113 :D. Heard talk that kolb could bring back a 1st and 3rd,thats way too good to pass up if true.

where the hell did you hear that? that is highway robbery. i don't see how that can be true...
    www.myspace.com
    Just scored 2 tickets to the Thursday night game,section 113 :D. Heard talk that kolb could bring back a 1st and 3rd,thats way too good to pass up if true.

where the hell did you hear that? that is highway robbery. i don't see how that can be true...

Yeah, there's no legitimacy to this. It's just what the pundits on the radio have been hypothesizing. I don't see that happening, and if it did, of course Reid's taking that. Anyone would take that.
  • Just scored 2 tickets to the Thursday night game,section 113 :D. Heard talk that kolb could bring back a 1st and 3rd,thats way too good to pass up if true.

Mortenson said it on tuesday morning i believe on mike and mike. And then i believe it was brought up on Vai and Gonzo. Started a new job and 97.5 was on all day,they said a team like (Arizona) would rather trade for Kolb then draft an unknown college qb. They said at least Kolb has NFL film and u have a good idea what he is or what he can become. They used Matt Schaub as an example he went for two 2nd round picks and flip flopped 1st rd picks.
    Go Birds!!!!

Yeah, there's no legitimacy to this. It's just what the pundits on the radio have been hypothesizing. I don't see that happening, and if it did, of course Reid's taking that. Anyone would take that.

kinda sucks that colt mccoy looks to be a starter in this league now. the brownies would definitely have had interest in the kolber with heckert over there...by the way--they are quickly turning into a pretty good team. peyton hillis is like a new version of kevin mack. i like that team.
    www.myspace.com

Mortenson said it on tuesday morning i believe on mike and mike. And then i believe it was brought up on Vai and Gonzo. Started a new job and 97.5 was on all day,they said a team like (Arizona) would rather trade for Kolb then draft an unknown college qb. They said at least Kolb has NFL film and u have a good idea what he is or what he can become. They used Matt Schaub as an example he went for two 2nd round picks and flip flopped 1st rd picks.

good point with the schaub trade. i think he had more playing time under his belt with vick getting hurt though...i wouldn't be surprised if the birds ended up franchising vick and keeping kolb next year. the '11 qb class is going to be pretty stacked too...
    www.myspace.com

kinda sucks that colt mccoy looks to be a starter in this league now. the brownies would definitely have had interest in the kolber with heckert over there...by the way--they are quickly turning into a pretty good team. peyton hillis is like a new version of kevin mack. i like that team.

Yeah, I like the look of that Cleveland team as well. Definitely could've been overbought on Heckert's end. Hell, (one of) the steal(s) of the year in the NFL was Mike Bell for Jerome Harrison. Still trying to figure that one out. Well, during the season it was the steal of the season. Pre-season I say Hillis for Quinn for Cleve, then Moss for picks for NE, followed by Harrison for Bell. I think Heckert still works for Philly.

There's a lot of shitty teams out there with shitty starting QB's. If the Birds can get a 2 and a 4(it's a 4 right? with the potential of being a 3, which wont happen) for McNabb, then the same - if not better - is definitely doable for Kolb. Then again, it's the 'Skins we're talking about.
    i love the harrison trade. dude was a beast down the stretch last year. imagine if weaver were healthy. that'd be a pretty lethal 3 headed monster in the backfield...
    www.myspace.com
    i love the harrison trade. dude was a beast down the stretch last year. imagine if weaver were healthy. that'd be a pretty lethal 3 headed monster in the backfield...

Yeah, but I don't think they get Harrison if Weaver's healthy. Love the Schmitt pick up as well. Just like a conventional fullback should be - absolutely quiet. That's when you know your FB is doing his job.

Yeah, but I don't think they get Harrison if Weaver's healthy. Love the Schmitt pick up as well. Just like a conventional fullback should be - absolutely quiet. That's when you know your FB is doing his job.

well they signed bell with the intention of having those three in the backfield....it's mooo point now anyway.

schmitt was a good pick up. we're lucky he was available there.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

lot of teams need QBs...I could see that deal happening
This discussion has been closed.