THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

1224225226227228230»

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    press conference moved to 1pm...

mortensen says o'brien is on the eagles short list.

mike freemen from cbs sports says jon gruden may start talking to teams as early as today. the only 2 teams he mentioned were the birds and chargers...
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717

mike freemen from cbs sports says jon gruden may start talking to teams as early as today. the only 2 teams he mentioned were the birds and chargers...

I'll be really fucking pissed if o'brien leaves...I don't see it this year though. Then again, his stock is never going to be this high again. Huge buyout though
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'll be really fucking pissed if o'brien leaves...I don't see it this year though. Then again, his stock is never going to be this high again. Huge buyout though

it would be such a strange dynamic around here with so many psu fans/alums who want him to stay but are also eagles fans.

apparently his agent is saying when he took the job, he was under the impression that the sandusky thing was just a criminal matter and that he was told to not expect any ncaa sanctions. so that could be his reason for leaving. plus things are gonna get pretty dire there in the next few years.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Well, he thought about it enough to have 4 years tacked on the second sanctions came down. If he decides to leave he has to buyout the rest of his contract, there are disputes whether that is 3 or 7 years though. Regardless, 3 years is a lot to pay for him before they talk salary
    wow these ribeyes look delicious.

a nice mellow nye with the wife and the pooch on tap. i love grilling in cold temperatures :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    happy new year, you son's of bitches.

birds are meeting with all 3 of the falcons coordinators on thursday:

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/12 ... b-reunion/

nolan's a guy i've always liked. 2nd time around might work for him. admittedly, i don't know much about keith armstrong. he'll satisfy the rooney rule requirement i guess.

but if they are interested in a special teams coach though, why not also check out dave toub? bears special teams are consistently one of the league's best year in, year out. he played for the birds back in the 80's and coached here during the reid glory days. seems like a good fit to me.
    www.myspace.com
    i think a lot of people can relate to this in a way:

http://deadspin.com/5972253/andy-reid-g ... socialflow
    www.myspace.com
    looks like the birds will be interviewing mike mccoy this week too. gotta like how he's adapted his offense from orton to tebow to manning in the last couple years.

the cardinals are also interviewing him...and a guy named andy reid (who has to convince them he can "fix" kevin kolb).
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    How is Roseman the GM for 3 years but was only responsible for the 2012 draft? I'm not buying it. We have 3 guys trying to find a football coach that have no football pedigree. 42 of the players on the field last Sunday were added to the team during the last 3 years. I heard some tape this morning (WIP, I heard Didinger was coming on) of Roseman talking up Watkins but according to Lurie had nothing to do with the pick.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    How is Roseman the GM for 3 years but was only responsible for the 2012 draft? I'm not buying it. We have 3 guys trying to find a football coach that have no football pedigree. 42 of the players on the field last Sunday were added to the team during the last 3 years. I heard some tape this morning (WIP, I heard Didinger was coming on) of Roseman talking up Watkins but according to Lurie had nothing to do with the pick.

it's all fishy if you ask me. best i can surmise is lurie saw how bad reid's drafts were and after admonishing him for the 8-8 season, he told him that roseman has to have more of a say or else you are gone. of course roseman will publicly endorse watkins even if he wasn't his guy.

but that's best case scenario. that's what we have to hope happened here but we will never know the full truth. and i am not totally sure i am buying it...
    www.myspace.com
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,011
    Too much to clean up in this thread. It's 2013… time for a new thread. Remember to follow the Posting Guidelines …no personal attacks, keep the thread on topic, discus disagree politely, etc..
This discussion has been closed.