THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

the '11 qb class is going to be pretty stacked too...

not really. Assuming Luck comes out this year as expected you're looking at locker, luck and mallet as first rounders. that doesn't leave much for '11. pryor will suck in the nfl. barkley if he comes out, but I'm not sold on him as an NFL guy either. That's about it...not impressive
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The Fixer wrote:
    lot of teams need QBs...I could see that deal happening

This seems crazy. I could see trading a 2nd and 3rd for Vick, but a 1st and 3rd for Kolb? Not happening...
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    lot of teams need QBs...I could see that deal happening

This seems crazy. I could see trading a 2nd and 3rd for Vick, but a 1st and 3rd for Kolb? Not happening...

you're telling me that if you're the dolphins and you finish 8-8 you wouldn't give up the 16th pick and a 3rd for kolb? I would if I were them.

minnesota, miami, washington :lol: , buffalo, arizona, SF, seattle all need QBs. If you say there are 3 first rounders coming out this year, that still leaves 4-5 teams that need a QB for next year.

regardless of what the eagles get, they are sitting pretty. They're in great negotiating position. Reid is gonna bend some GM over like he always does.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Teams are desperate for QB's. The Birds essentially have a gun to the head of any team that sucks without a QB.
  • In 3 seasons with ATl Matt Schaub threw for 1033yds 6tds and 6ints and started 2 games. Atl got two 2nd round picks and flipped 1st round picks with Houston. If Atl got that for a young unproven qb then Philly will easily get a 1st and a 3rd for Kolb. Kolb only makes 1.2 million next year and will be easy to move after the season if Vick is resigned.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:

not really. Assuming Luck comes out this year as expected you're looking at locker, luck and mallet as first rounders. that doesn't leave much for '11. pryor will suck in the nfl. barkley if he comes out, but I'm not sold on him as an NFL guy either. That's about it...not impressive

so you think there will be possibly 4 first round qbs including barkley?
    last year 3 yrs
    '10- 2 qbs in 1st rd...5 in first 3
    '09- 3 qbs in 1st rd...6 in first 3
    '08- 2 qbs in 1st rd...5 in first 3

right now kiper's got 4 going in the first and 7 in first 3 rounds. should be best overall qb in class in quite a few years this april.

luck, mallet, locker, and newton are in his first round.

my boy pat devlin is projected as a 3rd rounder right now. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The Fixer wrote:
    regardless of what the eagles get, they are sitting pretty. They're in great negotiating position. Reid is gonna bend some GM over like he always does.

I agree with that. Either way, it's a win-win situation. They shouldn't pass up ANY trade offers that include a 1st or 2nd round pick for Kolb. I still think Kolb can be a great qb if given the chance to play consistently.
    The Fixer wrote:

last year 3 yrs

right now kiper's got 4 going in the first and 7 in first 3 rounds. should be best overall qb in class in quite a few years this april.

I thought you meant the class coming out in 2011. For the upcoming draft there is a solid group of QBs...the following year, not so much.

barkley isn't coming out this year...he will probably leave early and be in the draft next year (especially since USC is now on probation)
    In 3 seasons with ATl Matt Schaub threw for 1033yds 6tds and 6ints and started 2 games. Atl got two 2nd round picks and flipped 1st round picks with Houston. If Atl got that for a young unproven qb then Philly will easily get a 1st and a 3rd for Kolb. Kolb only makes 1.2 million next year and will be easy to move after the season if Vick is resigned.

it's 1.3 million :mrgreen: . hard to believe we're paying him 11 million this year to ride the bench this year.

john clayton said a 1st and a 3rd is possible. crazy. beat it kolb!
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

last year 3 yrs

I thought you meant the class coming out in 2011. For the upcoming draft there is a solid group of QBs...the following year, not so much.

barkley isn't coming out this year...he will probably leave early and be in the draft next year (especially since USC is now on probation)

yeah. 2011. this april. :?
    www.myspace.com
    This article is so-so, but I absolutely love love love LOVE the title - "Michael Vick Will Bring Out The Smug Asshole In America"; http://deadspin.com/5693424/michael-vic ... in-america
  • Re: the LA Times article. That guy Plaschke would love Vick if he played for LA's football team. (what's it called, the Galaxy?) :lol: I'm not saying he's wrong, but he's definitely a hypocrite.

Re: the Greening of the Stadium. It really is awesome, but if you read the fine print, the wind turbines & solar panels are kind of just for show - they only provide a fraction of the energy needed to run it. It's kind of depressing how little actual energy can be generated from those sources.

Re: the "internal struggle" of Eagles fans - yeah, that's total bullshit. Nobody cares how we win it, we just want the Super Bowl, sold soul and all.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • I haven't been around here much and needed to catch up on this thread...it's been interesting to hear all the talk after Monday's ridiculous performance. I'm not ready to compare Vick to Steve Young...he still has work to do first, like getting past the Giants...perhaps winning the Superbowl...THEN we can start comparing!

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I haven't jumped up and cheered at the TV so much EVER :-) How FUN was that football game!?!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    I haven't been around here much and needed to catch up on this thread...it's been interesting to hear all the talk after Monday's ridiculous performance. I'm not ready to compare Vick to Steve Young...he still has work to do first, like getting past the Giants...perhaps winning the Superbowl...THEN we can start comparing!

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I haven't jumped up and cheered at the TV so much EVER :-) How FUN was that football game!?!

steve young 2.0 :lol:

2 good defenses in row coming up these next two weeks. really interested to see how this turns out...
    www.myspace.com
  • Page 3 Jeags...how did you let this happen ???

This is a beautiful shot here

74473_464136952209_794512209_5402851_5154656_n.jpg

Let's hope more of this tonight !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    There's no way possible Michael Vick comes close to the performance he did on Monday night.

He CAN'T be THAT GOOD. :D

The Eagles get blown out, even though I'll somewhat root for them.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    There's no way possible Michael Vick comes close to the performance he did on Monday night.

Peace

No one said he would repeat what he did...what he did probably will never be done again in the NFL

I don't see a blow out on either side

I do see an Iggles Victory though !

g under p wrote:

Peace

Umm, excuse me, what was that again?
  • g under p wrote:

Peace

Hopefully for his sake he didn't bet the game :lol:

Weird game tonight

• g under p wrote:

Peace

Your future is as bright as hers
    miss_cleo.jpg
  • GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    good win considering the penalties and dropped balls. great win considering it was against the giants :twisted: long way to go however.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    5 straight over the Giants - good stuff. Team still taking way too many penalties. Dropped balls what can you say? at least it was only one game and not a trend with this team. McCoy becoming Westbrook2 with big plays. Defense was good again, but can someone explain to me why we leave Steward Bradley in the game on 3rd and long situations? And we have the be the only team inthe league whose lbs and dbs don't turn around and play the ball at least 2 times every game. 7-3 but doesn't get any easier - very tough road game next week coming off this big win. going to be very difficult to win that one i think but hopefully can pressure Cutler into turnovers. Shaping up for some big december and hopefully january games boys.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I don't care for either team BUT last night I was more than somewhat rooting for the Eagles. It was more to do with the play of MV who might just if he continues to play like this become the MVP. Good game last night so who's next for the Iggles?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

edited November 2010
    defense. defense. defense. and, defense. been saying this all year but they continue to get better. 61 rushing yards. 200 yards in total. 5 turnovers. 5. that is how you win football games and we're doing it better than anyone else in the nfl. nice to see b graham force a fumble. asante is having a great year. he owns the manning family :lol: ......the o line continues to jell and get better as well.

great call on the 4th and 1. shady does not get nearly as much credit as he should. but it should not even have come to that. we have to put games like this away. i wasn't too happy with our game plan. 5 rushes in the 1st half...awful on 3rd down...awful in the red zone...10 penalties for 120 yards-horrendous...where were the screen passes?...and up 16-10 late in the 3rd/early 4th quarter, and we pass 4 times in a row before fumbling and turning the ball over which leads to the giants go-ahead touchdown. really?

we've got to play better than this. but it's good to know we can win games when we're not at our best. 1st place baby! this train's rolling....

oh and here's a good drinking game. take a shot every time the eagles line up in shotgun formation. you'll have alcohol poisoning by halftime. good times...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Chicago Bears = Most fraudulent 7-3 team in the NFC, along with Tampa.
  • Defense in general was very impressive, although the end of 3rd quarter was pretty disastrous.

The officials were brutal again. That chop block call, and not calling roughing the passer, was ridiculous.

I knew Samuel was gonna fumble that int return, honestly. I was yelling for him to just get down on the ground. Luckily Eli is an idiot.

Football just isn't that much fun to watch these days. Every play I wait for the referee to tell me who did what and for how many yards. My hopeless lifelong addiction continues, but I definitely don't get the same enjoyment that I used to.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Chicago Bears = Most fraudulent 7-3 team in the NFC, along with Tampa.

early line has the birds at -3 next week.
    o/u on cutler turnovers against our defense should be set no lower than 2 :mrgreen:

bears d is actually pretty stout though. another good chance to evaluate vick's maturation. i like our chances.
    www.myspace.com
  • 2 words....................Antonio Dixon!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    2 words....................Antonio Dixon!!!!!!!!!!!

dude...he is quite the beast. nobody can run on our line right now :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Chicago Bears = Most fraudulent 7-3 team in the NFC, along with Tampa.

early line has the birds at -3 next week.
    o/u on cutler turnovers against our defense should be set no lower than 2 :mrgreen:

bears d is actually pretty stout though. another good chance to evaluate vick's maturation. i like our chances.

Maybe we can get McNabb back for one game - he was always a beast in Chi-town.

This discussion has been closed.