THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Chicago Bears = Most fraudulent 7-3 team in the NFC, along with Tampa.

early line has the birds at -3 next week.
    o/u on cutler turnovers against our defense should be set no lower than 2 :mrgreen:

bears d is actually pretty stout though. another good chance to evaluate vick's maturation. i like our chances.

Maybe we can get McNabb back for one game - he was always a beast in Chi-town.

you must not have seen the skins/bears game last month
    www.myspace.com
  • Can I be accepted as an honorary member of the Eagles crew? I was inspired by that performance last night. I hate the Giants and Cowboys with a passion. I really hope this team makes it to the Super Bowl against New England this year.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    Defense in general was very impressive, although the end of 3rd quarter was pretty disastrous.

The officials were brutal again. That chop block call, and not calling roughing the passer, was ridiculous.

I knew Samuel was gonna fumble that int return, honestly. I was yelling for him to just get down on the ground. Luckily Eli is an idiot.

Football just isn't that much fun to watch these days. Every play I wait for the referee to tell me who did what and for how many yards. My hopeless lifelong addiction continues, but I definitely don't get the same enjoyment that I used to.

not to blame officials but they were atrocious again. Giants 1st scoring drive got away with at least 2 blatant holds and pushoff by the receiver. can't believe we actually got the call on the Manning fumble challenge - seems like we get screwed all the time in the Giants games on challenges (still pissed off about the Eli back heel not over the line scrimmage even though the ball was 2 yards over from a few years ago). the one overturned fumble sucked to. they've made the fumble not fumble call so much more difficult these days because of ground can't cause fumble, finger tip hits ground, etc.

Samuel - agree 100% as i was yelling at the tv for him to get down as well. But Asante is a playmaker so have to take the good with the bad.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Can I be accepted as an honorary member of the Eagles crew? I was inspired by that performance last night. I hate the Giants and Cowboys with a passion. I really hope this team makes it to the Super Bowl against New England this year.

Man, after last night's game the VERY same thought came to me of course with Eagles going down once again. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Can I be accepted as an honorary member of the Eagles crew? I was inspired by that performance last night. I hate the Giants and Cowboys with a passion. I really hope this team makes it to the Super Bowl against New England this year.

That's kind of weird, but it's cool. 8-) Patriots crowd sounded terrified yesterday at the end there. I don't blame them.
    you must not have seen the skins/bears game last month

Very true.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • I think every Eagles fan in the world was yelling to Samuel to get down!! It's strange that someone who consistantly makes amazingly athletic and ridiculous plays can do stupid things...he knew that he should have gone down or at least protected the ball, just as he knew he hit that guy too high (the guy that he laid out helmet-to-helmet and then strutted off).

Our defense was really fun to watch last night, yeah?? Definitely more fun than watching receivers drop balls left and right...seemed like a lot of players were nervous and tense last night--lots of stupid scuffles and hard hits. If our defense can keep this level of play up (without the penalties)....ahhh, the rest of the season is going to be AWESOME!

i love this game.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Always nice to beat the Gints especially 5 times in a row now !

It was frustrating seeing guys drop 2 touchdowns and keeping the game close

I think Herremans killed two drives by himself with just terrible penalties...they really need to be more disciplined

Defense has really come around..Bradley can't cove me out there though :lol:

Very weird plays seem to happen when these 2 teams play in Philly :roll:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • defense. defense. defense. and, defense. been saying this all year but they continue to get better. 61 rushing yards. 200 yards in total. 5 turnovers. 5. that is how you win football games and we're doing it better than anyone else in the nfl. nice to see b graham force a fumble. asante is having a great year. he owns the manning family :lol: ......the o line continues to jell and get better as well.

great call on the 4th and 1. shady does not get nearly as much credit as he should. but it should not even have come to that. we have to put games like this away. i wasn't too happy with our game plan. 5 rushes in the 1st half...awful on 3rd down...awful in the red zone...10 penalties for 120 yards-horrendous...where were the screen passes?...and up 16-10 late in the 3rd/early 4th quarter, and we pass 4 times in a row before fumbling and turning the ball over which leads to the giants go-ahead touchdown. really?

we've got to play better than this. but it's good to know we can win games when we're not at our best. 1st place baby! this train's rolling....

oh and here's a good drinking game. take a shot every time the eagles line up in shotgun formation. you'll have alcohol poisoning by halftime. good times...

We've only beaten 4 teams with winning records so let's not get too excited

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Defense in general was very impressive, although the end of 3rd quarter was pretty disastrous.

The officials were brutal again. That chop block call, and not calling roughing the passer, was ridiculous.

I knew Samuel was gonna fumble that int return, honestly. I was yelling for him to just get down on the ground. Luckily Eli is an idiot.

Football just isn't that much fun to watch these days. Every play I wait for the referee to tell me who did what and for how many yards. My hopeless lifelong addiction continues, but I definitely don't get the same enjoyment that I used to.

I agree 100% regarding your last comment. The NFL is a horseshit product. Thank god for gambling.

There were 3 fights in my section last night. Eagles fans are fucking idiots.

The unnecessary roughing penalty on samuel made me laugh. Even though it helped the birds, that manning fumble was BS.
    The Fixer wrote:

I agree 100% regarding your last comment. The NFL is a horseshit product. Thank god for gambling.

The unnecessary roughing penalty on samuel made me laugh. Even though it helped the birds, that manning fumble was BS.

Why was the fumble BS, it was a fumble. I must say I was very happy with the call.

Very nice article on Vick and why I'm starting to like the Eagles. I can't believe I'm saying such a thing..YIKES!

Time To Forgive Vick Is Here

I've said THIS from the very beginning when MV did his heinous crimes....
    In fact, in a backward way, Vick has been the best thing to happen to pit bulls.

"It's very true," says John Goodwin of the Humane Society of the United States. "For the big picture, Michael has been a tipping point. Since his case, there have been 30 new laws enacted all over the country toughening dogfighting penalties. Raids [on dogfighting rings] were up twice as much in 2008 -- after Vick -- as they were in 2006, before him. There's much more awareness. People see it now and call it in."

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Why was the fumble BS, it was a fumble. I must say I was very happy with the call.

Very nice article on Vick and why I'm starting to like the Eagles. I can't believe I'm saying such a thing..YIKES!

Time To Forgive Vick Is Here

I've said THIS from the very beginning when MV did his heinous crimes....
    In fact, in a backward way, Vick has been the best thing to happen to pit bulls.

"It's very true," says John Goodwin of the Humane Society of the United States. "For the big picture, Michael has been a tipping point. Since his case, there have been 30 new laws enacted all over the country toughening dogfighting penalties. Raids [on dogfighting rings] were up twice as much in 2008 -- after Vick -- as they were in 2006, before him. There's much more awareness. People see it now and call it in."

Peace

yeah its not college. that dope hit the ground, nobody touched him, and he coughed up the ball. :lol:

who would have ever thought mike vick would help create more birds fans??? hard to believe harry. hard to believe.

i hear ya though man. to me--the guy's a scumbag but i can seperate that with what he does on the field. he served hard time for what he did and didn't get off easy. good to hear that his situation has helped reduce that kind of stuff. i just want him to continue to play well. that's all i care about.

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
    love the player, hate the person

I thought manning was down. I'm not complaining about the call, just saying the NFL rules are ridiculous
    The Fixer wrote:

I thought manning was down. I'm not complaining about the call, just saying the NFL rules are ridiculous

you thought someone touched him? or do you think they should go to college rules?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

you thought someone touched him? or do you think they should go to college rules?

I thought he gave himself up and therefore was down. I guarantee that if he got hit there it would have drawn a flag. There's way too much gray area with the NFL rules.

The one knee rule in college is weak...as is the 15 yard P.I.
    All I can say is everything happens for a reason and what Vick did and then what he went through has happened for the betterment of society. I'm rooting for the guy and may he continue to speak out against the hideous crimes he committed. I wish him well I know I've learned to forgive.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    All I can say is everything happens for a reason and what Vick did and then what he went through has happened for the betterment of society. I'm rooting for the guy and may he continue to speak out against the hideous crimes he committed. I wish him well I know I've learned to forgive.

Peace

the guy is a disgrace. personally I can't stand the fact that he's on the eagles and I have to root for him. I don't understand how any non-eagles fans could possibly be cheering for this scumbag.

as long as he keeps winning games I will keep cheering for him so I guess I'm a hypocrite
  • g under p wrote:

Peace

i like this. i'm rooting for him too...and am tired of people trash-talking him because of what he did. there are WAY worse people playing professional sports, etc out there and i don't hear people bitching about them.

anyway, i love my birds and will continue to root for them as a team!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    g under p wrote:

Peace

i like this. i'm rooting for him too...and am tired of people trash-talking him because of what he did. there are WAY worse people playing professional sports, etc out there and i don't hear people bitching about them.

+1 GO BIRDS!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    g under p wrote:

Peace

+1 GO BIRDS!

+2 BIRDS!!! :D
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

the guy is a disgrace. personally I can't stand the fact that he's on the eagles and I have to root for him. I don't understand how any non-eagles fans could possibly be cheering for this scumbag.

as long as he keeps winning games I will keep cheering for him so I guess I'm a hypocrite

Yes being a Patriot fan I can and most certainly root for him and I gather for the Eagles as well. I can cheer for him because I'm human and so is he even though he did some very inhumane things. They are far more worse players playing in the NFL, players who have killed people and that fact is hardly ever mentioned.

I have to believe that MV is a far better player and person now that he went through the crimes he's committed. If he had not gone through those hard times he would probably in all likelihood NOT be humble, contrite and the player we now see on the field. He would most likely be that arrogant asshole he was before. Like I said this all happened for a reason and one of those reasons is bringing awareness to this kind of crime and cruelty across this country which was hardly there before.

Besides his comeback and play is the feel good story of the year for me. 8-)

Peace

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Like I said before, I loved that Deadspin headline - "Michael Vick Brings The Smug Asshole Out In America". What's done is done. People have a right to feel however they'd like, but I just don't care for either side to be shoved in my face.

And FYI - Wrecking ball slams into the Spectrum tomorrow. So long, farewell. I guess they finally rung every drop of revenue out of that wet rag.
  • g under p wrote:

I can cheer for him because I'm human and so is he even though he did some very inhumane things. They are far more worse players playing in the NFL, players who have killed people and that fact is hardly ever mentioned. [/quote]

Just because they killed people doesn't mean they are automatically worse than Michael Vick because he killed dogs. Depends on who they killed and what kind of people they were. But I would take a dog over most humans any day of the week. Cats, too.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    birds are now +15 in takeaways/giveaways--by far are leading the league.....that's how you win football games

BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
    birds are now +15 in takeaways/giveaways--by far are leading the league.....that's how you win football games

BIRDS!

well don't forget great coaching :D - sorry holiday week just being funny
    pjhawks wrote:

BIRDS!

get off his nuts!

seriously--this is one thing this team has always been great at. can't believe vick still hasn't tossed a pick yet...
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

BIRDS!

reid teams always get better as the season goes on too. all the reid haters are in hibernation.

he is the man
    pjhawks wrote:

BIRDS!

get off his nuts!

seriously--this is one thing this team has always been great at. can't believe vick still hasn't tossed a pick yet...

vick with only one turnover so far is amazing. and mccoy has been pretty good with the ball, there were times last year where i swore mccoy was ready to fumble on almost every carry the way he holds the ball. keep up the turnover margin and no reason this team can't continue to win. let's get a bunch against cutler this week.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

get off his nuts!

vick with only one turnover so far is amazing. and mccoy has been pretty good with the ball, there were times last year where i swore mccoy was ready to fumble on almost every carry the way he holds the ball. keep up the turnover margin and no reason this team can't continue to win. let's get a bunch against cutler this week.

yeah mccoy's really improved in that area...in all areas really. watching the replays of that 4th and 1 play--it's amazing how close that was to a fumble. forget which giant it was but vick tossed it about a centimeter under his arm.
    www.myspace.com

yeah mccoy's really improved in that area...in all areas really. watching the replays of that 4th and 1 play--it's amazing how close that was to a fumble. forget which giant it was but vick tossed it about a centimeter under his arm.

vick bobbled the snap too. that play had disaster written all over it.

I think the eagles crush the bears. cutler stinks and so does the rest of their offense
This discussion has been closed.