• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Super-Man.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Super-Man.

steve young 2.0 :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Vick speed kills...
    Holy shit, I might be a beat or two too late for optimum odds but will definitely be putting a few chips on Philly to win the whole thing on the futures board.

I thought I was almost used to that phenomenal speed, but that, and the demonstration of newly discovered pocket presence and accuracy with that lead-from the-elbow delivery..*crazy*

wow...will definitely be staying tuned
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
    Aero83_ wrote:
    Vick speed kills...
    Holy shit, I might be a beat or two too late for optimum odds but will definitely be putting a few chips on Philly to win the whole thing on the futures board.

I thought I was almost used to that phenomenal speed, but that, and the demonstration of newly discovered pocket presence and accuracy with that lead-from the-elbow delivery..*crazy*

wow...will definitely be staying tuned

this might the best game by a quarterback i've ever seen.
    www.myspace.com
    jerome harrison...helluva trade.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    further proof why you cannot decide a winner or loser to this trade after just half a season....

Report: Redskins sign McNabb to five-year extension
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 15, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
    Donovan McNabb has secured another financial apology.

ESPN’s Michael Smith reports that the Redskins have signed McNabb to a five-year, $78 million extension with a reported $40 million guaranteed. Yep, the organization just doubled down on McNabb two weeks removed from benching him for Rex Grossman.

As always, we’ll wait to see the contractual details before knowing the full story. The final years of the contract are likely meaningless, and we’ve often seen that “guaranteed” money is often anything but when you look closer.

With that out of the way, this clearly a serious and stunning financial commitment from the Redskins. McNabb will surely be locked in Washington through the 2011 season at a minimum.

McNabb is being paid like a superstar, but he hasn’t played like one in Washington. This contract is a bet that he’s going to improve his play drastically in Mike Shanahan’s offense because he’s been league average at best so far.

We don’t have to wait long to evaluate Dan Snyder’s latest investment.

Starting Monday night, McNabb gets to make the organization look smart for all their faith or foolish for sinking more money into a doomed partnership with Mike Shanahan.

why? this contract sucks more for the skins than the trade for mcnabb does. the guy isn't good any more...stop defending him!!
    edited November 2010
    Flagg wrote:
    I hope Washington is enjoying their investment. Say what you want about the Cowboys but the Redskins are idiots. Of all the dumb moves they have made over the years this is the winner. You can almost see Shanahan running for the door.

When are people going to realize that Shanahan is not a good talent evaluator or coach? look at some of the shit he's done since elway retired...drafting clarett, trading for mcnabb, winning 1 playoff game in almost 15 years, etc, etc, etc.

the guy is one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history. I don't know why most people talk about him like he's some kind of genius
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    No one here before the season started thought Vick would be this good. Hell, no one thought he'd start. And now this changes EVERYTHING on my outlook for this team. Barring injury, this is officially going to be a fun ride the rest of the way. I'm not going to say anymore.

Well, other than the fact that this is a straight up Gawd damn A-S-S W-H-O-O-P-I-N-G. Keep the pedal to the floor. Shove it up their asses.

Thanks again, Mr. Snyder! :thumbup:

Football Giants come into town Sunday? :lol:

yeah man, I was one of those that thought vick coming here didn't make sense. I'm not gonna get too carried away...he still has 7 games left this year and he hasn't played a playoff game for the birds yet (last year vs dallas doesn't count since mcnabb started). That said, vick looks better than he ever has in his career. why? andy reid. the man is a wizard with QBs. He even turned AJ Feeley into a 2nd round pick years ago.

Gotta admit that I'm a little nervous about the giants game. Eagles couldn't have played better tonight (albeit against the redskins...who absolutely suck ass) and the giants lost to the sadsack cowboys.

Huge game on sunday night. the fixer will be there...probably smashed out of his mind
    And just like how Howard's ridiculous contract has set the stage for what Albert Pujols is going to get, McNabb's contract has set the grounds for what the most demanded free agent on the market of 2011 will receive. I don't know if he'll get the same amount average per year, but he will definitely get more guaranteed money.

And I only thought the Phils paid for what people have done. Gotta love that little Danny Snyder.
    And just like how Howard's ridiculous contract has set the stage for what Albert Pujols is going to get, McNabb's contract has set the grounds for what the most demanded free agent on the market of 2011 will receive. I don't know if he'll get the same amount average per year, but he will definitely get more guaranteed money.

And I only thought the Phils paid for what people have done. Gotta love that little Danny Snyder.

yeah, nothing like paying for past performance. mcnabb will be 350 lbs when that deal expires.

that's a fun game...who will weigh more when mcnabbs deal runs out...howard or mcnabb?
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, nothing like paying for past performance. mcnabb will be 350 lbs when that deal expires.

that's a fun game...who will weigh more when mcnabbs deal runs out...howard or mcnabb?

Seriously though, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but The Birds better get on resigning this dude right quick.
    The Fixer wrote:

Seriously though, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but The Birds better get on resigning this dude right quick.

tough to argue with you. apparently the labor negotiations are gonna hold up a lot of contract talks. snyder just doesn't care about things like salary caps

I feel bad for all of the eagles fans that bought kolb jerseys this offseason. phils fans got more value out of their danny tartabull jerseys
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

tough to argue with you. apparently the labor negotiations are gonna hold up a lot of contract talks. snyder just doesn't care about things like salary caps

I feel bad for all of the eagles fans that bought kolb jerseys this offseason. phils fans got more value out of their danny tartabull jerseys

Yuck. I was actually excited about that season when it started. Aaaaaand then boom, it was over.

Anyway, big big big BIG game Sunday night. Season has a lot of mileage left on it though.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    The Fixer wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    I hope Washington is enjoying their investment. Say what you want about the Cowboys but the Redskins are idiots. Of all the dumb moves they have made over the years this is the winner. You can almost see Shanahan running for the door.

When are people going to realize that Shanahan is not a good talent evaluator or coach? look at some of the shit he's done since elway retired...drafting clarett, trading for mcnabb, winning 1 playoff game in almost 15 years, etc, etc, etc.

the guy is one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history. I don't know why most people talk about him like he's some kind of genius

Yeah I know he isn't. But he will be just another coach that Snyder runs off.

Unless this deal was his idea. Was it?

Hail to the Redskins!! Hahahahaha
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Mick Vick helped me win $200 last night! He has officially paid his debt to society . . . and by society, I'm referring to ME! :mrgreen:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    well not much to say about that other than it was pretty awesome. can only remember a few games like that over the years. when this offensive line can block the other team this team is unstoppable with the weapons they got. still only counts as one win though. Gotta take at least 1 against the Giants and win the division to have a real shot. Wasn't it the Fixer who said back in training camp that dmitri patterson was a player? got to give the man credit for that one. He has played real well these 2 weeks. keep it going next week. pressure eli and watch him panic like a frightened little girl - go birds.
  • redskins-logo.jpg?w=450&h=477
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Wow...I have never witnessed a performance like that

First 5 Drives all for Touchdowns...that's how the Colts game started as well where they were moving the ball but had to settle for FG's

McNabb and the interceptions this year are unbelievable

He never used to throw picks even when he had garbage for receivers here

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Way to go, kid!!

“The pregame altercation got us going,” Jackson said, in reference to his spat with Redskins safety LaRon Landry, per the Associated Press. “It had us ready. We came back into the locker room pumped. We were like pit bulls, ready to get out of the cage.”
  • crazypjfan wrote:
    Way to go, kid!!

“The pregame altercation got us going,” Jackson said, in reference to his spat with Redskins safety LaRon Landry, per the Associated Press. “It had us ready. We came back into the locker room pumped. We were like pit bulls, ready to get out of the cage.”

Report: Redskins taunted Jackson for concussion

Posted by Will Brinson

You probably saw the pregame skirmish between the Eagles and the Redskins -- we were told it was "all in good fun" (or some similar cliche relating to people being pumped up to smash each other for money). Turns out that might not be the case, as multiple people are reporting that the early scuffle was a result of LaRon Landry and DeAngelo Hall taunting DeSean Jackson for his concussion against Atlanta a few weeks ago.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer cites sources that that indicate the two were mocking Jackson before warmups. And Comcast SportsNet, via The 700 Level, reports that various Redskins players were making "pillow gestures" and saying "night, night" at Jackson before the game started. It also turns out that Landry also spit on some people and told Jackson he was "going to put him to sleep again."

That's pretty cold all-around, and certainly not professional behavior. Of course, it led to this photo happening, so, um, you know what they say about karma.

feels great to wake up the morning after a win like that.

like i said last week---this bandwagon's about ready to chug off. all aboard motherf@ckers! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

resign michael vick NOW.

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
    when your offense scores 59 points it is easy to overlook the defense. but they continue to improve week in, week out. the rush defense is playing great and the d as a whole continues to create turnovers. you win in this league by winning the turnover battle folks. that's been a staple of this team under the reid era. birds now lead the nfl in takeaway/giveaways at +12. next closest is the falcons at +9.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... arter.html

On the Field: Eagles' defense was simply smashing in the first quarter

By Jeff McLane

Inquirer Staff Writer

LANDOVER, Md. - Forget about Washington's 28 points, the 352 yards, and Donovan McNabb's 289 passing yards in the final three quarters of what became a 59-28 Eagles victory.

Take those numbers, crumple them up, and toss them into the trash along with the time-of-possession statistic.

Now consider these numbers: four three-and-outs, 23 total yards, and zero points. That was the entire Redskins offense in the first quarter. As Michael Vick and the Eagles' offense turned the first 15 minutes into a track meet - imagine Usain Bolt racing Albert Haynesworth - the Eagles' defense was dominating in the field events.

While the offense will be showered with accolades and there will be proclamations about Vick turning the Eagles into Super Bowl contenders, a solid defensive effort will largely go unnoticed.

For that unit, it was all about the first quarter.

A month ago, it was the exact opposite. The Redskins came into Lincoln Financial Field and stuffed the football down the Eagles' throats. They ran right at a porous run defense and jumped out to a 14-0 lead. The Eagles recovered by the second half, but the damage had been done and they fell, 17-12.

"That was a disappointing loss," Eagles coach Andy Reid said about the Oct. 3 defeat to Washington. "I'm not going to get into what I told them and so on. This was collectively about our team and coming together. . . . But the [defense] did a nice job. They played physical up front."

Reid, normally not one to interject on defense, let his defenders have it after Monday film study. Defensive coordinator Sean McDermott told his group that jobs weren't tenured, and when practice resumed that Wednesday, two starters had been replaced.

Strong-side linebacker Akeem Jordan and defensive end Brandon Graham were out, and Moise Fokou and Juqua Parker were in. Since then, the run defense has been stout, holding in check two former 1,000-yard rushers (San Francisco's Frank Gore and Atlanta's Michael Turner) and a former 2,000-yard rusher (Tennessee's Chris Johnson).

"The first time, really, was mostly mental stuff," said safety Quintin Mikell, who was run over by Torain in the first game. "We just came out ready to play. We were focused. We weren't worried about all the other outside stuff."

Despite the improvement - and the fact that both of Washington's top running backs, Ryan Torain and Clinton Portis, were out with injuries - the Redskins challenged the Eagles' run stoppers on their first drive. But three Keiland Williams carries amassed just 8 yards.

On its next possession, Washington, already trailing 14-0, went to the air. But quarterback Donovan McNabb and Santana Moss were both to blame when a could-have-been-caught bullet bounced off the receiver's hands and into safety Kurt Coleman's arms. It was the rookie's first interception.

The Eagles, of course, turned the turnover into a touchdown. But a three-touchdown deficit did not deter Redskins coach Mike Shanahan, who called runs on the first two plays on his team's next series.

Williams managed just 4 and 3 yards on the totes as middle linebacker Stewart Bradley teamed up with defensive tackle Mike Patterson and defensive end Trent Cole for tackles. Bradley was victimized by a 31-yard touchdown pass to Redskins tight end Chris Cooley in the first meeting, but this time he helped set the tone on the ground.

The Redskins' final possession of the first quarter was another nondescript three-and-out - short run, incomplete, incomplete - but it did end the nightmare. When the clock ticked down to zeros, the head official said into his microphone, "That is the end of the first quarter."

That announcement elicited mock cheers from the Redskins faithful at FedEx Field.

Even though the Washington offense had its moments in the final three quarters - and so did the Eagles' defense with two Dimitri Patterson interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown - the first quarter was all that should be remembered.
    www.myspace.com
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Eagles have played four teams with winning records.............and they lost two of those games.

Vick is still a douche.

Thats all. :D

Love,
    A Cowboys Fan.
    pjhawks wrote:
    well not much to say about that other than it was pretty awesome. can only remember a few games like that over the years. when this offensive line can block the other team this team is unstoppable with the weapons they got. still only counts as one win though. Gotta take at least 1 against the Giants and win the division to have a real shot. Wasn't it the Fixer who said back in training camp that dmitri patterson was a player? got to give the man credit for that one. He has played real well these 2 weeks. keep it going next week. pressure eli and watch him panic like a frightened little girl - go birds.

yeah, I've been talking patterson up all year.

Reid's play calling was insane last night. rolling the pocket, splitting the WRs out wide to give vick escape lanes...hell, even the crap shovel pass worked in the red zone for the first time since the duce staley days.
  • My 10-6 prediction that i was told was way too high looks like it will be too low now. Vick is sick i was dead wrong about the guy,resign him NOW.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yeah, I've been talking patterson up all year.

Reid's play calling was insane last night. rolling the pocket, splitting the WRs out wide to give vick escape lanes...hell, even the crap shovel pass worked in the red zone for the first time since the duce staley days.

you also talked up macho harris ;) zing!.....patterson has looked good. d as a whole is coming around boys
    www.myspace.com
    Who's goin' "night night", Landry?

6a00d83451af4b69e20133f5e3d5a5970b-500wi
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Eagles have played four teams with winning records.............and they lost two of those games.

Vick is still a douche.

Thats all. :D

Love,
    An extremely bitter Cowboys Fan.

i fixed that for you. always next year buddy.
    www.myspace.com
    Who's goin' "night night", Landry?

6a00d83451af4b69e20133f5e3d5a5970b-500wi

love it.

can't wait for sunday. gonna be a battle. i don't like us coming off a short week and ny coming off a horrendous loss...
    www.myspace.com
  • On the radio this morning they were talking about how you can't consider Vick an MVP candidate yet. He's only played in 5.5 of the team's 9 games. With his current numbers, if he keeps it up, absolutely. He's probably a shoo-in for MVP, but he must do it consistently for the next seven, or risk being overtaken by those players competing in all 16 games.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
This discussion has been closed.