THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    love it.

can't wait for sunday. gonna be a battle. i don't like us coming off a short week and ny coming off a horrendous loss...

Bring it. Kitna is terrible and tore up their secondary. This is the epitome of momentum. Coming home after drilling DC, NY having to go on the road. Now, I don't think we take both against NY, so if there's a time we win it's this week. Even though I think we're going to be a really good road team down the stretch.

How nuts would this be, and I'm not trying to get ahead of myself here, but I'm just sayin' - Birds go into Atlanta for the NFC Championship and Vick shuts up his old hometown. Theennnnnn, the Birds win their first Super Bowl.....in Dallas...followed by pooping on the Dallas star. Now THAT would be glorious.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    well not much to say about that other than it was pretty awesome. can only remember a few games like that over the years. when this offensive line can block the other team this team is unstoppable with the weapons they got. still only counts as one win though. Gotta take at least 1 against the Giants and win the division to have a real shot. Wasn't it the Fixer who said back in training camp that dmitri patterson was a player? got to give the man credit for that one. He has played real well these 2 weeks. keep it going next week. pressure eli and watch him panic like a frightened little girl - go birds.

yeah, I've been talking patterson up all year.

Reid's play calling was insane last night. rolling the pocket, splitting the WRs out wide to give vick escape lanes...hell, even the crap shovel pass worked in the red zone for the first time since the duce staley days.

you also talked up macho harris ;) zing!.....patterson has looked good. d as a whole is coming around boys

dude, I hated macho harris. I said he could be a key addition to the secondary if he could play corner. that obviously didn't happen. I never liked that guy though...you got me confused with someone else.
    eagles fans can calm down regarding a vick contract. as long as reid is running the show we are in good hands. where are all of those clowns that wanted him fired a few weeks ago???

Adam Schefter
    He's not going anywhere ...

"Let's make this simple. Michael Vick is playing at a higher level than any in football. The Eagles are one of the smartest organizations in all of football. Does anybody really think there's any chance that the Eagles are going to let Vick walk out their door without getting anything in return? No chance -- none."

He also goes on to say that if a deal can't be agreed upon that the birds will franchise vick.
    The Fixer wrote:
    eagles fans can calm down regarding a vick contract. as long as reid is running the show we are in good hands. where are all of those clowns that wanted him fired a few weeks ago???

Adam Schefter

"Let's make this simple. Michael Vick is playing at a higher level than any in football. The Eagles are one of the smartest organizations in all of football. Does anybody really think there's any chance that the Eagles are going to let Vick walk out their door without getting anything in return? No chance -- none."

He also goes on to say that if a deal can't be agreed upon that the birds will franchise vick.

Yeah, that's what sprung into my mind last night - the franchise tag. The Birds can be chintzy, but they know when they've got a good thing too.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:

Adam Schefter

who was saying reid should be fired a few weeks ago?? what are you talking about dude?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Adam Schefter

Yeah, that's what sprung into my mind last night - the franchise tag. The Birds can be chintzy, but they know when they've got a good thing too.

maybe after they trade kolb and mcnabb gets cut they can bring don back to be the backup :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:

Adam Schefter

there's no way we let him go. after reid benched kolb in favor of him they had no choice if he played well. now that he is steve young 2.0--no brainer.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Adam Schefter

who was saying reid should be fired a few weeks ago?? what are you talking about dude?

that hopethatyouchoke dude is always in here bashing him. funny how those people disappear when they're wrong
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    So I know everyone now thinks the birdies are going to the Super Bowl, right? LOL

Then step up and buy my Super Bowl tickets from me! Any takers??
    crazypjfan wrote:
    So I know everyone now thinks the birdies are going to the Super Bowl, right? LOL

No, but we will be in the playoffs. Unlike some fraud from PA's team who plays over 2,000 miles away.
    crazypjfan wrote:

No, but we will be in the playoffs. Unlike some fraud from PA's team who plays over 2,000 miles away.

Section 410. Let me know.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Section 410. Let me know.

What's funnier - an Eagles fan who thinks their team can go to the Super Bowl based on how the season has progressed, OR a Cowboys fan who bought tickets to the Super Bowl because he thought his squad was going to play the game in their home stadium before the season started? Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the perfect example of not only hubris at its best, but the most typical fraudulent Cowboys fan.
  • On the radio this morning they were talking about how you can't consider Vick an MVP candidate yet. He's only played in 5.5 of the team's 9 games. With his current numbers, if he keeps it up, absolutely. He's probably a shoo-in for MVP, but he must do it consistently for the next seven, or risk being overtaken by those players competing in all 16 games.

Yeah, we really don't care. Just want that silver trophy that's shaped like a football. If that garbage baseball team from SF can win it all, this team definitely can.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

What's funnier - an Eagles fan who thinks their team can go to the Super Bowl based on how the season has progressed, OR a Cowboys fan who bought tickets to the Super Bowl because he thought his squad was going to play the game in their home stadium before the season started? Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the perfect example of not only hubris at its best, but the most typical fraudulent Cowboys fan.

he was also excited to see jon kitna play for his team

sorry crazy, I couldn't resist
    The Fixer wrote:

he was also excited to see jon kitna play for his team

sorry crazy, I couldn't resist

Hey, Kitna had 35 points on Sunday and sat on my damn bench for Jay Cutler. That sucks!

You wish you could afford these tickets, bud ;) Anyway, I love how you just assumed that I bought the tix...
    crazypjfan wrote:

You wish you could afford these tickets, bud ;) Anyway, I love how you just assumed that I bought the tix...

No, I spend my money on Philadelphia sports. Ya know, cause that's where I'm from.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Adam Schefter

that hopethatyouchoke dude is always in here bashing him. funny how those people disappear when they're wrong

eh, he's the angriest poster in here. seriously--look at him in a lot of the other threads on the porch. he's a dope.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

eh, he's the angriest poster in here. seriously--look at him in a lot of the other threads on the porch. he's a dope.

Not even that - look at his username for Christ's sakes. He's definitely a load.
  • On the radio this morning they were talking about how you can't consider Vick an MVP candidate yet. He's only played in 5.5 of the team's 9 games. With his current numbers, if he keeps it up, absolutely. He's probably a shoo-in for MVP, but he must do it consistently for the next seven, or risk being overtaken by those players competing in all 16 games.

Yeah, we really don't care. Just want that silver trophy that's shaped like a football. If that garbage baseball team from SF can win it all, this team definitely can.
    Well said. Now you guys are starting to think like Patriots fans. For that, I applaud you. Just remember, it is what it is and you can only look to next week.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

No, I spend my money on Philadelphia sports. Ya know, cause that's where I'm from.

Ok, so which game are you taking me to? Here's the schedule, I'm sure we can agree on this team: http://www.lflus.com/phillypassion/schedule.html
    The Fixer wrote:

Not even that - look at his username for Christ's sakes. He's definitely a load.

haha, touche

jeags, do you have your seats on sunday night? I'll be in 244, row 10
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    edited November 2010
    On the radio this morning they were talking about how you can't consider Vick an MVP candidate yet. He's only played in 5.5 of the team's 9 games. With his current numbers, if he keeps it up, absolutely. He's probably a shoo-in for MVP, but he must do it consistently for the next seven, or risk being overtaken by those players competing in all 16 games.

How do you guys know what the trophy looks like?
    Post edited by Black Diamond on
    GoiMTvP.gif
    crazypjfan wrote:

Ok, so which game are you taking me to? Here's the schedule, I'm sure we can agree on this team: http://www.lflus.com/phillypassion/schedule.html

I'll be honest, me and some people have talked about wanting to tailgate at this nonsense, but then I keep remembering that it's in Trenton(it is, isn't it?). If this was in a closer driving distance, hey, I mean, I like getting drunk at stuff. Hell, I went to a Union game. And that's saying something.
    On the radio this morning they were talking about how you can't consider Vick an MVP candidate yet. He's only played in 5.5 of the team's 9 games. With his current numbers, if he keeps it up, absolutely. He's probably a shoo-in for MVP, but he must do it consistently for the next seven, or risk being overtaken by those players competing in all 16 games.

How do you guys know what they trophy looks like?

zing of the day awared to mr black diamond. well done sir. even it if its at our expense. funny stuff
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:

I'll be honest, me and some people have talked about wanting to tailgate at this nonsense, but then I keep remembering that it's in Trenton(it is, isn't it?). If this was in a closer driving distance, hey, I mean, I like getting drunk at stuff. Hell, I went to a Union game. And that's saying something.

I'm not sure, but which one of these guys is Jeagler:

miami-caliente.jpg?size=500&imageId=9953659
    The Fixer wrote:

haha, touche

jeags, do you have your seats on sunday night? I'll be in 244, row 10

yeah. i will be up in 220. i wanna start tailgating now. 244--where's that again?
    www.myspace.com
  • Everybody calm down with the Giddy-ness

It was the Deadskins after all

Long season to go and Vick isn't exactly made of steel out there

With that said....It never gets old watching these highlights from last night :lol:

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES !!!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

yeah. i will be up in 220. i wanna start tailgating now. 244--where's that again?

according to stubhub it is right around the 50.

I really want to hold off on tailgating until after the 1:00 games. otherwise I won't remember the game
    Everybody calm down with the Giddy-ness

It was the Deadskins after all

Long season to go and Vick isn't exactly made of steel out there

With that said....It never gets old watching these highlights from last night :lol:

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES !!!!

amen brother. lot of season left. still have 4 games vs dallas and nyg.
This discussion has been closed.