THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    but this d could be sb caliber if they didn't ignore the lb position, had a competent saftey, a coordinator who wasn't learning on the job. they're not far off. offense is super bowl caliber.

also regarding vick--yeah it was his first "great" or very good game of the year...but it was only the 2nd game he finshed before getting knocked out. gruden also loves him. i think that would be interesting to see how that would work out.

season's only a quarter of the way through though. this time last year nobody thought green bay would go all the way. these next 2 games are absolute must wins.

I wouldn't go must win yet. they could lose to buffalo and still conceivably win the division.

I was going to bring up GB...if they keep playing like they have the first four weeks it won't matter where the birds finish. rodgers is the best player in football. rodgers vs vick would be the biggest qb playoff mismatch since stan humphries vs steve young

it is an absolute must win dude. there may have only been a couple teams ever to start 1-4 and make the playoffs. they have to win these next two. (they'd probably have to go at least 9-2 the rest of the way if the lose sunday)

your vick hatred is funny. i think he's 10th in passer rating right now with a concussion and a badly sprained hand. on the list of things wrong with this team, the quarterback isn't even on it. :lol:

passer rating is a great way to judge talent :roll:

he wouldn't be hurt so much if he knew how to play his position
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I wouldn't go must win yet. they could lose to buffalo and still conceivably win the division.

I was going to bring up GB...if they keep playing like they have the first four weeks it won't matter where the birds finish. rodgers is the best player in football. rodgers vs vick would be the biggest qb playoff mismatch since stan humphries vs steve young

it is an absolute must win dude. there may have only been a couple teams ever to start 1-4 and make the playoffs. they have to win these next two. (they'd probably have to go at least 9-2 the rest of the way if the lose sunday)

your vick hatred is funny. i think he's 10th in passer rating right now with a concussion and a badly sprained hand. on the list of things wrong with this team, the quarterback isn't even on it. :lol:

passer rating is a great way to judge talent :roll:

he wouldn't be hurt so much if he knew how to play his position

oh really? :lol:

how would you "judge talent" (as if that's what i was doing) then when referring to statistics? rogers is 1st and brady is 2nd...sounds about right.
    vick is 11th in qbr too. again, with brady and rogers at the top.

and explain your 2nd point. both injuries occurred on completions while he was in the pocket. first was a fluke. do you think andy reid and morningweg are bad qb coaches?
    www.myspace.com
    even when vick is in the pocket he holds the ball for too long (and fails to recognize blitzes all too often).

honestly, I can't get into this right now. I'm not in the right frame of mind. I'm completely irrational and pissed off at ryan howard.

bring this back up after friday night if the phils win...and if they lose wait a few weeks.
    The Fixer wrote:
    even when vick is in the pocket he holds the ball for too long (and fails to recognize blitzes all too often).

honestly, I can't get into this right now. I'm not in the right frame of mind. I'm completely irrational and pissed off at ryan howard.

bring this back up after friday night if the phils win...and if they lose wait a few weeks.

ha...but you said he gets hurt because he doesn't know how to play his position. the two plays he got hurt on were good plays by him. and his injuries had nothing to do with holding onto the ball too long. guy's playing well and is the least of the eagles concerns right now.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

ha...but you said he gets hurt because he doesn't know how to play his position. the two plays he got hurt on were good plays by him. and his injuries had nothing to do with holding onto the ball too long. guy's playing well and is the least of the eagles concerns right now.

anything I post is going to come off like those in this thread that want to pass the ball 80% of the time. I can't do it, but I promise to get back to you.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

anything I post is going to come off like those in this thread that want to pass the ball 80% of the time. I can't do it, but I promise to get back to you.

80% of the time is conservative to him. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

Your boy keeps bringing in the "wrong" quarterback
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

they had what I thought was the right guy. they just traded the wrong one. imagine what they could have got if they put vick on the market after last year?? good god
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

they had what I thought was the right guy. they just traded the wrong one. imagine what they could have got if they put vick on the market after last year?? good god

i still don't see how in the world you're such a huge kolb fan. you must see something in him that most people don't. he's average at best.
    www.myspace.com
    i still don't see how in the world you're such a huge kolb fan. you must see something in him that most people don't. he's average at best.

I just feel like he is the perfect type of qb for the eagles offense, which is predicated on quick reads and throws. Like PP said, reid has had mcnabb and vick for the last 14 years, so maybe he has a point.

if you compare physical tools of vick and kolb it's no contest. unfortunatley for eagles fans, the QB position isn't just physical tools. you guys know where I'm going with this...we've been thru it before, so I digress.

can you imagine if the phils lose friday and the birds lose again on sunday? this city might not exist on monday
    The Fixer wrote:

I just feel like he is the perfect type of qb for the eagles offense, which is predicated on quick reads and throws. Like PP said, reid has had mcnabb and vick for the last 14 years, so maybe he has a point.

if you compare physical tools of vick and kolb it's no contest. unfortunatley for eagles fans, the QB position isn't just physical tools. you guys know where I'm going with this...we've been thru it before, so I digress.

can you imagine if the phils lose friday and the birds lose again on sunday? this city might not exist on monday

since 2004, reid's offense has been built around the big play, deep ball a lot more than the quick reads and stuff.

also, it's just 4 games in, but kolb's been criticized pretty harshly for some of the things you like to hate vick on: not reading defenses too well, not having a full grasp of the offense, holding onto the ball too long etc etc etc. he took a horrendous sack at the worst possible time against the giants on sunday.

but yeah a phils and birds loss would be almost too much to handle
    www.myspace.com
    kolb's been in his offense for 6 weeks. anyone criticizing him is an idiot
    The Fixer wrote:

that's why i said it's only 4 games in.

after just 3 games, though, you proclaimed he had some kind of advantage over vick already. :?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

that's why i said it's only 4 games in.

after just 3 games, though, you proclaimed he had some kind of advantage over vick already. :?

ha, statwise he did.

alright, I'm done for the night. I have been on FB for 3 years and I posted more tonight than I have during that time combined.

Now I gotta drive to baltimore. This night has been as fun as a trip to the dentist.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430

kolb is white

and the passing game isn't the problem by any stretch of the imagination with this team.
  • Dream Team???

hehehehehe

Make you SCREAM team!!!!!

hehehehehehe

Phuck Philly...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Dream Team???

hehehehehe

hehehehehehe

Phuck Philly...

My favorite line came from Brandon Jacobs, who was quoted as saying "Keep Dreaming". It always makes me laugh when teams are anointed dream teams before a regular season game is played.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Dream Team???

hehehehehe

hehehehehehe

Phuck Philly...

My favorite line came from Brandon Jacobs, who was quoted as saying "Keep Dreaming". It always makes me laugh when teams are anointed dream teams before a regular season game is played.

again...you guys know that nobody in this town refers to them at the "dream team" right? it was one dumb comment made by the backup quarterback in the middle of the summer.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    again...you guys know that nobody in this town refers to them at the "dream team" right? it was one dumb comment made by the backup quarterback in the middle of the summer.

don't matter....it was said...and you know how the media operates....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

are you guys members of the media? :? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

i stayed at a holiday inn last night.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    81 wrote:

are you a member of the Eagles? :)
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

are you a member of the Eagles? :)

...actually yes.

(those that know me know what i mean ;) )
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

...actually yes.

(those that know me know what i mean ;) )

Nice.
    birds
    birds
    birds

nothing like having a must win 5 weeks into a season. :lol:

football season is now in full bloom boys.
    www.myspace.com
    I cannot take 2 big losses in a three day span. Let's fucking go.

I like Billick as a color guy
    vick is such garbage. put kafka in
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    someone please tell Jackson to tuck that ball in. that is basic stuff
    The Fixer wrote:
    I cannot take 2 big losses in a three day span. Let's fucking go.

I like Billick as a color guy
    Uh oh
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    pathetic.
This discussion has been closed.