THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    lukin2006 wrote:
    you can always hope you don't win another game and finish with worst record and draft andrew luck, but it looks like the colts will give you a run for the money on worst record.

they'll end up with 7 or 8 wins and miss the playoffs by a game. jeff lurie and joe banner will talk about how the team rallied at the end of the season, despite missing the playoffs and reid will be back. again.

then, about year from now, we'll be having about the same kind of conversation.

i was telling someone this yesterday. andy reid's decade and a half here can be summed up by these two words:

SUCCESSFUL FRUSTRATION.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    lukin2006 wrote:
    you can always hope you don't win another game and finish with worst record and draft andrew luck, but it looks like the colts will give you a run for the money on worst record.

I said before yesterday's game that vick breaking his leg theismann-style and a 1-15 season was my dream scenario
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    lukin2006 wrote:

they'll end up with 7 or 8 wins and miss the playoffs by a game. jeff lurie and joe banner will talk about how the team rallied at the end of the season, despite missing the playoffs and reid will be back. again.

then, about year from now, we'll be having about the same kind of conversation.

i was telling someone this yesterday. andy reid's decade and a half here can be summed up by these two words:

SUCCESSFUL FRUSTRATION.

that's a pretty apt description - although in the phils thread you agreed with the toronto dude that we are lucky to have 4 playoff teams in the city.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:
    Not many teams start 1-4 and make the playoffs....may i suggest the suck for luck mode for the remaining schedule

they don't need luck. they need a new coach, a new defensive coordinator, at least a couple new linebackers, a safety, and a couple offensive linemen (pretty much the same things they needed after last season).

at least the phillies have a world championship to show for their latest run. this eagles run has lasted a decade a half and has resulted in nothing but frustration.

this coaching staff has no idea what they are doing. no. idea.

Totally agree with this

If reid had one or two rings he gets a mulligan or two

Not now
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    merrill's call of parker jumping offsides:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1wjCCU4 ... _embedded#!

:lol:

how does that happen?
    It happens because this team lacks smarts and discipline. Watching DRC watch the Wr run and not even make an effort to even run after him killed me. If any coach in this city needed to go ding ding ding it's Reid. It's not like they didn't know what Buffalo was gonna do. Yet Jackson killed us all game long. We can't tackle,block or even have the smarts to do shit right. When will these bad drafts end up getting the guy in charge fired? Between the Phillies and these guys my head can't take much more,thank god for hockey.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I don't think reid's drafts have been as bad as you guys are saying.

mccoy
    maclin
    deshawn jackson
    trent cole
    todd herremans
    watkins/kelce (verdict still out, but I think they will both be solid)
    patterson
    avant
    celek (who hasn't been the same player since he signed his contract...what happened to that guy? he moves like raul ibanez all of the sudden)

I don't like nate allen (too soft) and I said at the time they should have taken earl thomas over graham (but I don't think it's fair to grade that pick yet). His track record of drafting defensive players hasn't been great, but overall his drafts have been decent.
    The Fixer wrote:

mccoy
    maclin
    deshawn jackson
    trent cole
    todd herremans
    patterson
    avant
    celek (who hasn't been the same player since he signed his contract...what happened to that guy? he moves like raul ibanez all of the sudden)

the problem is with the defense. of the two defensive guys you mentioned, cole is the only pro bowler. patterson's a decent starter but he's nothing special. they were both drafted... 6 years ago. :o

6 years is a lifetime in the national football league. there's no defending that draft record.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

mccoy
    maclin
    deshawn jackson
    trent cole
    todd herremans
    patterson
    avant

the problem is with the defense. of the two defensive guys you mentioned, cole is the only pro bowler. patterson's a decent starter but he's nothing special. they were both drafted... 6 years ago. :o

6 years is a lifetime in the national football league. there's no defending that draft record.

we've been through this before. how many of his defensive picks in the last 5 years have been top 3 picks?? not many.

compared to most other franchises in the NFL the eagles do a pretty good job with the draft. especially since they usually pick in the bottom third of each round (unless reid acquires extra picks which happens frequently).

the guy isn't perfect, but I think there are other things that should be scrutinized before his drafts
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

mccoy
    maclin
    deshawn jackson
    trent cole
    todd herremans
    patterson
    avant

we've been through this before. how many of his defensive picks in the last 5 years have been top 3 picks?? not many.

compared to most other franchises in the NFL the eagles do a pretty good job with the draft. especially since they usually pick in the bottom third of each round (unless reid acquires extra picks which happens frequently).

the guy isn't perfect, but I think there are other things that should be scrutinized before his drafts

top 3 picks? you mean top 3 rounds? quite a few actually. go back and look at some of those names. they will make you puke. also, teams like the steelers do a pretty good job at replenishing their defense in the draft and they are in worse draft slots than the eagles just about every year. that's no excuse.

are you really going to try and defend the eagles defensive drafts after you could only name 2 decent picks since 2005? come on man...

like i said before this is an underlying issue that most fans don't think about too much, but it's become the downfall of this team in recent years.
    www.myspace.com
    Just to add to the not having a top pick it goes both ways

The Lions and crap teams have had the top picks for years and didn't draft well or win anything

The Patriots have managed to find good/great players while drafting low just about every year

Having a future HOF QB helps things but it doesn't mean you ignore positions like Reid has

names of defensive players the eagles have taken in rounds 1-3 going back to 2003 (prepare to vomit):

jarret
    marsh
    graham
    allen
    te'o neishem
    laws
    smith
    abiamiri
    bradley
    bunkley
    gocong
    patterson
    mccoy
    ware
    reed
    mcdougle :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    names of defensive players the eagles have taken in rounds 1-3 going back to 2003 (prepare to vomit):

jarret
    marsh
    graham
    allen
    te'o neishem
    laws
    smith
    abiamiri
    bradley
    bunkley
    gocong
    patterson
    mccoy
    ware
    reed

I see nothing wrong with that list

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802

311470_2475661047719_1138233892_32922250_1046892304_n.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

311470_2475661047719_1138233892_32922250_1046892304_n.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

jarret
    marsh
    graham
    allen
    te'o neishem
    laws
    smith
    abiamiri
    bradley
    bunkley
    gocong
    patterson
    mccoy
    ware
    reed

you said 6 years. yeah, it's pretty ugly.

what happened to jarrett? forgot about him
    The Fixer wrote:

jarret
    marsh
    graham
    allen
    te'o neishem
    laws
    smith
    abiamiri
    bradley
    bunkley
    gocong
    patterson
    mccoy
    ware
    reed

you said 6 years. yeah, it's pretty ugly.

what happened to jarrett? forgot about him

he's been inactive all season.
    www.myspace.com
    the eagles are considering hiring a defensive "consultant" to help juan castillo understand what the fuck he's doing out there.

chuck cecil and greg blatche are the names floating around.

maybe they should just bring in these two:

office_space_25_large.png
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the eagles are considering hiring a defensive "consultant" to help juan castillo understand what the fuck he's doing out there.

a defensive consultant...you know your season is shot when they start bring those in.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Why not just hire D-Coordinator?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:

that would have made too much sense

www.myspace.com
    lukin2006 wrote:

that would have made too much sense

Det's wide 9 looked pretty good to me last night. See what happens when u have a stud in the middle. And Tulloch would look alot better here then with Det. But no worries me drafted and gave Matthews the job without earning it.
    Go Birds!!!!
    81 wrote:

a defensive consultant...you know your season is shot when they start bring those in.

so, juuuuuuaaan....what would you say it is....that.... ya do here? :? :eh:
    www.myspace.com

verne lundquist??
    The Fixer wrote:

verne lundquist??

yes. that is verne lundquist.
    www.myspace.com
    so no 1-5 team has ever made the playoffs since they went to 6 playoff teams 21 years ago. reid's pretty much coaching for his job at this point.

avant held players only meeting today. about time that happened.

birds 1 pt favorite sunday. i think they've been favored every game this year.

they can't lose this game...right? right?
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    so no 1-5 team has ever made the playoffs since they went to 6 playoff teams 21 years ago. reid's pretty much coaching for his job at this point.

avant held players only meeting today. about time that happened.

birds 1 pt favorite sunday. i think they've been favored every game this year.

they can't lose this game...right? right?

i'm surprised i haven't seen any posts from you guys supporting those dbags who hung the sign about reid getting fired then cried to the news about kelce and i think evans basically telling them to fuck off. gotta love eagle fans. they are the best of the lot :roll:

anyways Juggler agree they can't lose this game. i say easy win. say 35-20.
  • I would love for the Redskins to win this game....
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    I would love for the Redskins to win this game....

there's no coming back from 1-5. the eagles need it way more than washington obviously.

sooo many issues with the eagles but i just don't think they lose this game. they're not horrible (except the safies and lb's). they could easily be 4-1 (3 blown 4th quarter leads).

they're just incredibly dumb in every facet imaginable...which is what makes this team so frustrating.
    www.myspace.com
  • I would love for the Redskins to win this game....

there's no coming back from 1-5. the eagles need it way more than washington obviously.

sooo many issues with the eagles but i just don't think they lose this game. they're not horrible (except the safies and lb's). they could easily be 4-1 (3 blown 4th quarter leads).

they're just incredibly dumb in every facet imaginable...which is what makes this team so frustrating.

If I was going to make a pick I'd definitely take the Eagles. But I want to cheer for the Redskins, so that would make it no fun for me when I'm watching the game. Then again, last week I took the Eagles because I thought there was no way they'd be 1-4 and yet look what happened. Playing the Skins at home, who have the 6th ranked defense in the league, after they've had a bye week...I don't know...gonna be tough.

I'm not touching this one, lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    We will win this game there's no way we don't imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.