THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    so looks like vick will be playing this week.

gotta get this thing straightened out asap...

For some reason, I have a feeling this isn't the last time this year you will be having these conversations.

Will be fun to compare vick & kolb's stats at the end of the year. so far it's advantage kolb

eagles kept the wrong guy

what? :lol:

good god man. kolb was garbage on sunday.
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:
    I've got Sunday ticket and Kolb has been horrible and you guys would be nowhere with him behind that OLine. Did you see his TD pass this week against the Seahawks? Backfoot into double coverage to Fitzy. What WR do you have that could make that play? I always argue this with you, but Vick was right-er than Kolb for this particular roster. Vick would probably be even better in Pittsburgh where he could heave-ho to Wallace and Sanders though because they have a little bit of height that Andy Reid clearly doesn't believe in.

after just 3 weeks it's really meaningless to have this discussion. only thing you can say about kolb is he hasn't got hurt. that's always the x factor with vick.

overall, it's pretty safe to say vick will win more games for the birds than kolb will for the cards. i think kolb's looked mediocre at best so far which is about what i expected from him. he just keeps chucking it up to fitzgerald...and they scored 10 points against seattle.

vick's off to a rocky start but that's mainly due to a concussion and a contusion in his hand. both games he left with the lead in the 4th quarter. and i don't think they win against the rams without vick. guy was forced to run all over the field all game long
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233 wrote:
    I've got Sunday ticket and Kolb has been horrible and you guys would be nowhere with him behind that OLine. Did you see his TD pass this week against the Seahawks? Backfoot into double coverage to Fitzy. What WR do you have that could make that play? I always argue this with you, but Vick was right-er than Kolb for this particular roster. Vick would probably be even better in Pittsburgh where he could heave-ho to Wallace and Sanders though because they have a little bit of height that Andy Reid clearly doesn't believe in.

after just 3 weeks it's really meaningless to have this discussion. only thing you can say about kolb is he hasn't got hurt. that's always the x factor with vick.

overall, it's pretty safe to say vick will win more games for the birds than kolb will for the cards. i think kolb's looked mediocre at best so far which is about what i expected from him. he just keeps chucking it up to fitzgerald...and they scored 10 points against seattle.

vick's off to a rocky start but that's mainly due to a concussion and a contusion in his hand. both games he left with the lead in the 4th quarter. and i don't think they win against the rams without vick. guy was forced to run all over the field all game long
    Small sample sizes :lol::lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_spo ... J6PlD8YvjJ

Eagles soft? How would have thought that? :lol:
    #FHP
    casey mathews...benched. what a god awful mistake it was to hand this guy the starting spot without any competition what so ever in camp. guess they realized he's not his brother's clone. rolle will replace him.

nate allen's replacing kurt coleman too. i'd rather him replace page. coleman's the only big hitter. he just got abused on that one play on sunday.

i'm sure juan castillo will figure this all out. he's a "defensive guy."

:o
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Will be fun to compare vick & kolb's stats at the end of the year. so far it's advantage kolb

so was vick

vick is something like 1-5 in his last 6 games. the dude is a loser
    casey mathews...benched. what a god awful mistake it was to hand this guy the starting spot without any competition what so ever in camp. guess they realized he's not his brother's clone. rolle will replace him.

nate allen's replacing kurt coleman too. i'd rather him replace page. coleman's the only big hitter. he just got abused on that one play on sunday.

nate allen is a bitch. I still can't believe he got launched 10 yards by a 5'7 guy on sunday. he played like a black sean consadine
    edited September 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

so was vick
    vick is something like 1-5 in his last 6 games. the dude is a loser

so how does one have an advantage over the other at this point? that's kind of my point. i think vick's underperforming (mainly due to injuries) and kolb is performing about as well as i thought so far.

and it should be noted that he left both losses with the lead in the 4th quarter this year.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

nate allen is a bitch. I still can't believe he got launched 10 yards by a 5'7 guy on sunday. he played like a black sean consadine

an underlying issue with the birds right now is how little they have gotten out of their last few drafts. allen's still hurt so i give him a little benefit of the doubt there.

still its been quite a while since they've drafted in impact player on defense. that eventually catches up to a team.
    www.myspace.com
    wow.

actually when you go back and look at reid's drafts post '04 the last impact player he drafted on defense was trent cole. i guess you could say mike patterson too--same year, 2005.

since then they've got a few starters in the later rounds but no real impact, pro bowl caliber players since 2005. stu bradely was the closest thing and i think they gave up on him too early.
    www.myspace.com
    so how does one have an advantage over the other at this point? that's kind of my point. i think vick's underperforming (mainly due to injuries) and kolb is performing about as well as i thought so far.

and it should be noted that he left both losses with the lead in the 4th quarter this year.

vick is undoubtedly more talented. we will see what the stats look like at the end of the year. kolb has only been in his offense for a little more than a month now and he still has better numbers than vick
    wow.

actually when you go back and look at reid's drafts post '04 the last impact player he drafted on defense was trent cole. i guess you could say mike patterson too--same year, 2005.

since then they've got a few starters in the later rounds but no real impact, pro bowl caliber players since 2005. stu bradely was the closest thing and i think they gave up on him too early.

haven't most of their FA signings been on defense though? kearse, samuel, babin, nnamdi, takeo spikes (haha, but you get my point).

the graham over thomas pick could really hurt
    The Fixer wrote:
    wow.

haven't most of their FA signings been on defense though? kearse, samuel, babin, nnamdi, takeo spikes (haha, but you get my point).

the graham over thomas pick could really hurt

...yeah but i think those signings are due to their poor drafting in those areas. usually super bowl winning teams are primarily built through the draft and they supplement those players with free agents. birds are kind built the opposite way right now.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

vick is undoubtedly more talented. we will see what the stats look like at the end of the year. kolb has only been in his offense for a little more than a month now and he still has better numbers than vick

his numbers aren't much better and he also hasn't gotten knocked out of the last 2 games. it's way early to look for comparisons.
    www.myspace.com
  • I wonder if these guys were arguing over what percentage of pass plays should have been called last week? :lol:

Philly reporters mix it up

On Tuesday, Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News got into a Twitter-style pissing match, as chronicled by the folks at CrossingBroad.com.

On Wednesday, the dispute took on a new dimension, with Bowen and McLane getting into a physical altercation at the team’s facility.

Howard Eskin of NBC 10 and WIP reports via Twitter that Bowen “connect[ed] 2 the head” of McLane, and that the two had to be separated. The pair had to be separated.

We’ve had minor scuffles with each guy in the past (actually, all three — even though Howard is now a friend of PFT), but we can’t imagine verbal/written spats ever taking on a physical component. Whoever made the first move needs to be fired.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I wonder if these guys were arguing over what percentage of pass plays should have been called last week? :lol:

On Tuesday, Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News got into a Twitter-style pissing match, as chronicled by the folks at CrossingBroad.com.

On Wednesday, the dispute took on a new dimension, with Bowen and McLane getting into a physical altercation at the team’s facility.

Howard Eskin of NBC 10 and WIP reports via Twitter that Bowen “connect[ed] 2 the head” of McLane, and that the two had to be separated. The pair had to be separated.

We’ve had minor scuffles with each guy in the past (actually, all three — even though Howard is now a friend of PFT), but we can’t imagine verbal/written spats ever taking on a physical component. Whoever made the first move needs to be fired.

that's hillarious :lol:
    http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/09/je ... bowen.html

bowen's like twice mclane's age too. i like both of them though.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I wonder if these guys were arguing over what percentage of pass plays should have been called last week? :lol:

:lol:

If i have learned anything on this board....it's Philly people are just down right nuts when it comes to discussing sports. They call it passion, i call it mental illness. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    thursday night @ 10. set the dvrs. nfl films is fucking great. the belichek thing was phenomenal and this one looks better:

“Reggie White and Jerome Brown: A Football Life”
    http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2011/09/23/a-fo ... nd-jerome/

anybody see this last night? quite a tear jerker....

and norman bramen can go f*ck himself...
    www.myspace.com
  • I saw it,deff shed a tear. Amazing and sad all at the same time.
    Go Birds!!!!
    must win....

need vick to play better, get the ball out quicker...need offense to take some shots down field. niner's secondary is kind of weak....gotta get djack into the game early....be better on short yardage. shady needs to sacrifice the big gain for that tough yard or two. and please, do not give it to owen schmidt again. be nice to see ronnie brown in short yardage situations too.

defense....stop blitzing so much....let nmandi play press man instead of zone....don't let clay mathews' sister onto the field for any plays except special teams. think i read nmandi will be on vernon davis much of the game. that will be interesting to see.

i think birds win by 3 touch downs. absolutely cannot lose today. the niners stink.
    www.myspace.com
    dream team powers activate
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    81 wrote:
    form of a pocket passer :lol:
    #FHP
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    must win....

need vick to play better, get the ball out quicker...need offense to take some shots down field. niner's secondary is kind of weak....gotta get djack into the game early....be better on short yardage. shady needs to sacrifice the big gain for that tough yard or two. and please, do not give it to owen schmidt again. be nice to see ronnie brown in short yardage situations too.

defense....stop blitzing so much....let nmandi play press man instead of zone....don't let clay mathews' sister onto the field for any plays except special teams. think i read nmandi will be on vernon davis much of the game. that will be interesting to see.

i think birds win by 3 touch downs. absolutely cannot lose today. the niners stink.
    I agree must win

Something tells me it won't be easy though

Hopefully I'm wrong
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Horos wrote:
    81 wrote:
    form of a pocket passer :lol:
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    the 49ers stink. this game should have been over at halftime.....passing it seemingly every fucking down and we're barely beating this crap team. hey andy--you're up 17 points, give it to your fucking closer! :roll: :x . i swear to god reid is on a mission to get his quarterback killed.

2 easy missed field goals by this rookie kicker too. glad we spent a 4th round pick on him.

defense still looks incredibly shaky.

win or lose, i don't feel good about this team right now.
    www.myspace.com
    this is a disgrace. an absolute disgrace.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    COUGH COUGH TIMES YOURS...I NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    through 4 games this about the worst coached eagles team i can remember since the later ray rhodes years.

from the arrogance of just expecting your offensive line coach to step right in and right the ship on the defensive side....to handing the middle linebacker job to a 4th round scrub with no competition....to passing it 54 times in a game you lead by 17 points at halftime (yeah, that doesn't work)....to little things that end up huge like your players carrying the football around like it's a fucking man purse.

oh yeah, going into the season with a rookie kicker. that's not gonna cost you a game right? right? :roll:

i hate this team right now. and i think i'm at the end of the line with this coach, whose fingerprints are all over this disaster.

1-3. fuck.......at least dallas choked too.
    www.myspace.com
    COUGH COUGH TIMES YOURS...I NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB

what an ass
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.