THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Eagles need to go back to basics: tackling, holding on to the ball, blocking, managing the clock, play calling

hasn't managing the clock always been an issue with reid?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    lukin2006 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Eagles need to go back to basics: tackling, holding on to the ball, blocking, managing the clock, play calling

yeah. but in all fairness, he's only had 13 years to master it.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    lukin2006 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

def a reid weakness, but I thought they did a decent job at the end of the first half yesterday. until vick decided to hold the ball for an eternity like he always does and let time expire.

they had all their timeouts at the end of the game too.

yesterday was awful, but for once reid's time management can't be blamed. unless you fault him for expecting his dumb ass qb to know he has to throw the ball
    The Fixer wrote:

def a reid weakness, but I thought they did a decent job at the end of the first half yesterday. until vick decided to hold the ball for an eternity like he always does and let time expire.

yesterday was awful, but for once reid's time management can't be blamed. unless you fault him for expecting his dumb ass qb to know he has to throw the ball

no his time management can't be blamed for yesterday.

just about everything else that he hand picked can be blamed.
    www.myspace.com
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    lukin2006 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

yes, as well as sticking with plays that don't work and abandoning things that are working.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    merrill's call of parker jumping offsides:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1wjCCU4 ... _embedded#!

:lol:

how does that happen?

I was listening to them on satellite radio when I was out and about yesterday (or least I think it was them), not bad announcers, I didn't find them to much like homers.

I like the color guy..."I knew that". :lol::lol::lol:, everybody knew that, but the guy who jumped... :lol::lol::lol:. The NFC East is weak this year...I think anybody can win it...

merrill reese is a big time homer. i still love him because he's not afraid to rip the eagles though.

who do the cowboys have next week? the "big" sunday nighter is a couple weeks away :lol:

I only listened to it for an hour or so and the eagles were down 28-7 or something like that...I have heard worse homers by far...I still thought they were good and easy on the ears.

We go to New England next week, then we have St. Louis at home then we get you guys coming off a bye in Philly...playing St Louis should be like a bye :lol::lol:...we'll probably lose to them :lol::lol:.

I just hope we have Austin back next week and a healthy Bryant, Scandrick and Newman.

Philly and Dallas game could be a battle of Celler Dwellers :lol::lol::lol:.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

rick1zoo2 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

yes, as well as sticking with plays that don't work and abandoning things that are working.

at least the whole "promoting the offensive line coach to coordinate the defense" thing is working out though....wait
    www.myspace.com
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I was listening to them on satellite radio when I was out and about yesterday (or least I think it was them), not bad announcers, I didn't find them to much like homers.

I like the color guy..."I knew that". :lol::lol::lol:, everybody knew that, but the guy who jumped... :lol::lol::lol:. The NFC East is weak this year...I think anybody can win it...

merrill reese is a big time homer. i still love him because he's not afraid to rip the eagles though.

who do the cowboys have next week? the "big" sunday nighter is a couple weeks away :lol:

I only listened to it for an hour or so and the eagles were down 28-7 or something like that...I have heard worse homers by far...I still thought they were good and easy on the ears.

We go to New England next week, then we have St. Louis at home then we get you guys coming off a bye in Philly...playing St Louis should be like a bye :lol::lol:...we'll probably lose to them :lol::lol:.

I just hope we have Austin back next week and a healthy Bryant, Scandrick and Newman.

sadly this division may end up looking like the nfc west last year.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm a bigger reid supporter than anyone and I'd fire him for vick. they will never win with that guy under center

watching rodgers last night makes it all kind of irrelevant anyway. no one is beating that team if they're healthy. though apparently it's good enough to make the playoffs in philly these days
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Everyone use to criticize the Cowboys for bumbling errors and idiotic coaching decisions and now the Eagles are doing it. Peter King called them sloppy and dumb on Twitter yesterday. Ouch.

I bet Wade Phillips would like another shot!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm a bigger reid supporter than anyone and I'd fire him for vick. they will never win with that guy under center

watching rodgers last night makes it all kind of irrelevant anyway. no one is beating that team if they're healthy

like i said, kolb has been one of the worst qb's in football so far. tough to blame him for choosing vick over him. there is a whole lot of things reid should be fired for though.
    www.myspace.com
    Now do people in Philly expect reids job to in jeopardy if the finish below 500. Playoffs are questionable at this point...looks like only the division winner this year will get in, unless someone get on a roll, I'm not sure anyone in the nfc east is about to get on a roll...

Flagg wrote:
    Everyone use to criticize the Cowboys for bumbling errors and idiotic coaching decisions and now the Eagles are doing it. Peter King called them sloppy and dumb on Twitter yesterday. Ouch.

I bet Wade Phillips would like another shot!

this is the worst coached eagles team since back in the days when you guys were consistently winning playoff games. :o;)
    www.myspace.com
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Now do people in Philly expect reids job to in jeopardy if the finish below 500. Playoffs are questionable at this point...looks like only the division winner this year will get in, unless someone get on a roll, I'm not sure anyone in the nfc east is about to get on a roll...

absolutely. even his staunchest supporters are saying this now.
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Wade Phillips as Andy Reid's D-Coordinator would be a genius move tactically....you'd easily win 10+ games. However, if you want any sort of understanding about when to take time-outs, not use gimmick plays near the end zone (or run a gimmick offense for that matter), and when to throw the challenge flag this would be a failure.
    lukin2006 wrote:

sadly this division may end up looking like the nfc west last year.

that's why it pisses me off so much that we blew those games...Dallas could be in the driver seat in the division...a division most thought was the eagles.

lukin2006 wrote:

Eagles teams are usually strong second half teams...he might do enough to save his job.

Eagles are having the same type of season as last year's Cowboys. QB questions (some love too much, some hate too much), Coach with job on the line, a Defense that has talent in most spots but is getting exposed for its weaknesses, terrible turnovers and an inability to scored TDs or make easy FGs (Beuhler!??!?!), terrible Penalties (yesterday vs. the Cowboy hold in Week 1 is pretty evenly crappy), and losing close games for no reason leads to a 1-4 start.
    RW81233 wrote:
    Wade Phillips as Andy Reid's D-Coordinator would be a genius move tactically....you'd easily win 10+ games. However, if you want any sort of understanding about when to take time-outs, not use gimmick plays near the end zone (or run a gimmick offense for that matter), and when to throw the challenge flag this would be a failure.

Isn't he the D-Coordinator in Houston now? probably his last stop before retirement. As a D-Coordinator he's pretty good...not so much as a head coach.

lukin2006 wrote:

I'd let the year play out. I'd probably give him one more year (lot of new coaches and players this year).

I'm definitely in the minority though. something like 2% minority
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Eagles teams are usually strong second half teams...he might do enough to save his job.

they really haven't consistently been a 2nd half team since '04. last 2 years they completely fell apart down the stretch.

only twice in the last 7 years have they been a "2nd half team."
    '08--but that was lead by jim johnson's defense.
    '06--that was just a weird year with garcia at the helm.

reid's been here so long people just assume they are a 2nd half team. they're really not. all the players, and most of the coaches from those teams, aren't here anymore......just reid. :?
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:
    Eagles are having the same type of season as last year's Cowboys. QB questions (some love too much, some hate too much), Coach with job on the line, a Defense that has talent in most spots but is getting exposed for its weaknesses, terrible turnovers and an inability to scored TDs or make easy FGs (Beuhler!??!?!), terrible Penalties (yesterday vs. the Cowboy hold in Week 1 is pretty evenly crappy), and losing close games for no reason leads to a 1-4 start.

The similarities are uncanny aren't they. But now we've got a fresh start ;) the red headed genius ;):lol:

lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Isn't he the D-Coordinator in Houston now? probably his last stop before retirement. As a D-Coordinator he's pretty good...not so much as a head coach.
    Exactly the Cowboys main failing in the last 10 years was not having Sean Payton as head coach with Garrett and Phillips as Co-ordinators....would have been pretty bad ass. Anyway this is a Eagles thread...well actually a Philly sport thread can be anything.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

his system doesn't fit in philly either. they cant find 3 competent LBs, let alone 4
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I'd let the year play out. I'd probably give him one more year (lot of new coaches and players this year).

this was literally your previous post:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm a bigger reid supporter than anyone and I'd fire him for vick.
    :?
    www.myspace.com
    lukin2006 wrote:

they really haven't consistently been a 2nd half team since '04. last 2 years they completely fell apart down the stretch.

only twice in the last 7 years have they been a "2nd half team."
    '08--but that was lead by jim johnson's defense.
    '06--that was just a weird year with garcia at the helm.

reid's been here so long people just assume they are a 2nd half team. they're really not. all the players, and most of the coaches from those teams, aren't here anymore......just reid. :?

oh...and when you have so many missed drafts it really hurts...under Jones we're pretty consistent at sucking at the draft...the one thing he is consistent at is having terrible drafts.

The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

his system doesn't fit in philly either. they cant find 3 competent LBs, let alone 4
    hahaha true, but he'd probably at least be better than a QB Coach or whatever he was. My thinking is that that guy was supplying Andy's kids and the team with Vicodin, and he held Reid hostage on the job.
    The Fixer wrote:

this was literally your previous post:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm a bigger reid supporter than anyone and I'd fire him for vick.
    :?

what I meant was i'd fire him if he was taking vick with him
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

thing is, with andy reid, it's not about finding 3 competent lb's. it's that he doesn't think he needs them.

i'm assuming this season may change his mind though....then again, we thought that last year.
    www.myspace.com
    you can always hope you don't win another game and finish with worst record and draft andrew luck, but it looks like the colts will give you a run for the money on worst record.

This discussion has been closed.