THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hear you and I am sure the parties are a good time, especially since you can tune out all the repetition and talking points in between. I definitely understand why people like it, just not for me. The nfl is milking it for money and I kind of hope it does not work out for them.

i do too. but there's no way it won't work out. less parties tonight means more tv's tuned in--thus more ratings and advertising $$$'s
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hear you and I am sure the parties are a good time, especially since you can tune out all the repetition and talking points in between. I definitely understand why people like it, just not for me. The nfl is milking it for money and I kind of hope it does not work out for them.

i do too. but there's no way it won't work out. less parties tonight means more tv's tuned in--thus more ratings and advertising $$$'s

Yeah I hear you. I honestly would be more inclined to watch part of it if it were at the old time on a saturday. If i didnt have anything to do I would probably lay on the couch and watch it waiting for the yankees to come on.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I cant get into the draft.

I was in Vegas a couple years ago and watching baseball in the sports book at MGM and there were some clowns dressed in all Rams gear that were furious that they would not turn on the volume to the draft and turn off the volume to you know, games people were betting on. It was quite amusing how worked up they got over it.

Tell me who the Giants drafted and I will think about it again during camp.

i love it...however i think the nfl is ruining it with this thursday night/friday night/saturday schedule. my buddy always had a killer draft party that started at noon and ended when the last person blacked out...usually around 7 :lol: ........this year we all have to work on friday so the party is for rounds 2 and 3 tomorrow. so i will be watching it with the dog and fiance tonight. and now, for multiple reasons, people keep cancelling for tomorrow. i understand the nfl changed it for money and tv ratings...but there's nothing like an all day long draft party on saturdays. i guess i'm just not a fan of change...

thursday night thing is definitely weak. I think most of the changes goodell has made have been terrible.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I cant get into the draft.

I was in Vegas a couple years ago and watching baseball in the sports book at MGM and there were some clowns dressed in all Rams gear that were furious that they would not turn on the volume to the draft and turn off the volume to you know, games people were betting on. It was quite amusing how worked up they got over it.

Tell me who the Giants drafted and I will think about it again during camp.

i love it...however i think the nfl is ruining it with this thursday night/friday night/saturday schedule. my buddy always had a killer draft party that started at noon and ended when the last person blacked out...usually around 7 :lol: ........this year we all have to work on friday so the party is for rounds 2 and 3 tomorrow. so i will be watching it with the dog and fiance tonight. and now, for multiple reasons, people keep cancelling for tomorrow. i understand the nfl changed it for money and tv ratings...but there's nothing like an all day long draft party on saturdays. i guess i'm just not a fan of change...

thursday night thing is definitely weak. I think most of the changes goodell has made have been terrible.

i like the tougher stance he's taken on suspensions and stuff though.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Did anyone see the insane OSI to Philly rumor? Sal Pal reported it,there's no way in hell it happens imo. I have a feeling were gonna jump from 9-13 and try and get Earl Thomas or Derrick Morgan.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Loved the trade,not giving up either of our 2nd rd picks was huge.............Then the Eagles select EARL THOM.........WHO??????????? An undersized de go figure,can't say i know a damn thing about him but the one thing i know is i WANTED EARL THOMAS. There's not a fan alive who didn't think Thomas or even Derrick morgan wasn't the pick. State of mind = confused :? :? :? Not beating up on the pick just very very suprised by it.
    Go Birds!!!!
    yeah i think a lot of people felt like you did jammingpearls. i know i did.

after digesting it for a while, the more i learn about this guy, the more i like the pick. todd mcshay and adam shefter called him the best pass rusher in the draft. they both put him as the odds on favorite to win defensive rookie of the year. i read a few other reports comparing him to lamar woodley, elvis dumerville, and dwight freeney. that is good company.

he's undersized though, like the rest of our line. but if he can get to the qb it will free up cole and instantly make our secondary better. been a while since we've had 2 pass rushing threats on this team. i am not sure if we necessarily had to give up two 3rd rounders, but i think i like this guy.

gonna be really interesting to see what we do with our 2 2nd rounders tomorrow especially after having a day to stew over the possibilities....GO BIRDS!

by the way--how bout that joe haden's ears? that dude must have super human hearing abilities :mrgreen:
    crazy 1st round indeed. i love that clausen still hasn't been picked yet. what a fraud!
    www.myspace.com
    i want dexter mccluster tomorrow.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Ray didinger isn't as high on him. Not liking what rdiddys sayn it scares me. He said he didn't think a 4-3 def would touch him. He also said he's not a 3 down player and thought he would have made a good lb in a 3-4.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Ray didinger isn't as high on him. Not liking what rdiddys sayn it scares me. He said he didn't think a 4-3 def would touch him. He also said he's not a 3 down player and thought he would have made a good lb in a 3-4.

diddy just said mcluster might be there at 55.

yeah it seems the national guys like this more than the local one's. i'm keeping an open mind on it. apparently people said the same kinds of things about hugh douglas?

our 2nd/3rd round picks are usually pretty on point. can't wait till tomorrow...
    www.myspace.com
    I loved watchn mccluster. He reminds me of chris johnson a little bit. And we don't have any 3rd picks now. I would be extremely happy with a cb/safety or lb and mccluster in rd 2
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited April 2010
    Loved the trade,not giving up either of our 2nd rd picks was huge.............Then the Eagles select EARL THOM.........WHO??????????? An undersized de go figure,can't say i know a damn thing about him but the one thing i know is i WANTED EARL THOMAS. There's not a fan alive who didn't think Thomas or even Derrick morgan wasn't the pick. State of mind = confused :? :? :? Not beating up on the pick just very very suprised by it.

haha, we thought same thing. all chanting thom-as, thom-as. then, what????

i'm against anyone from the big ten...most overrated league in football (at least they didn't take a guy from penn st, which would have instantly been a bust)

we'll see....questionable move by my boy reid. ughhh
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    I loved watchn mccluster. He reminds me of chris johnson a little bit. And we don't have any 3rd picks now. I would be extremely happy with a cb/safety or lb and mccluster in rd 2

I still think they get a 3 for vick (to replace one of the 3's they dealt).

and mccluster isn't anything special. he's ryan moats. no thanks

rich eisen has put chris berman out of work. mlb network (best station ever) + nfl network = no need for espn
    The Fixer wrote:

haha, we thought same thing. all chanting thom-as, thom-as. then, what????

i'm against anyone from the big ten...most overrated league in football (at least they didn't take a guy from penn st, which would have instantly been a bust)

we'll see....questionable move by my boy reid. ughhh

i never thought i'd see the day that you'd question big red!
    www.myspace.com
    nate allen...how bout it? quality saftey still on the board. i think we can even trade down a slot or two and stil get him...
    www.myspace.com
    Allen would be cool,i would happy with the LB from TCU as well. I just heard Sal Pal say watch for the Eagles to draft Mccluster. He is a speedy bastard and unlike what the fixer thinks i'd love him here. He catches the ball great out of the backfield. If he was 2 inches taller and 10pds heavier he might have been the best rb in the draft. And it's not like we'd be asking him to start,Mccluster please.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I don't think there's a shot in hell some team gives us a 3rd pick for Vick. A 5th would probably be the best and i doubt even that.
    Go Birds!!!!
    CANT WAIT FOR TONIGHT! draft party for rounds 2 and 3--thanks nfl!
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

The Draft Party last night at the Linc was great!

Field access,Locker room tour and autograph sessions

At about 930pm the cheerleaders came out..Heeeey Ooooh!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

At about 930pm the cheerleaders came out..Heeeey Ooooh!!

hey oh indeed :thumbup:

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    You might need to take safeties and cb's the rest of the way to hold off the Cowboys O next season :D

It's gonna be ridiculous. The funny thing is, I think Dez Bryant will be better than Desean Jackson. However, they have a lot of similarities.
    Does it haunt you guys that the Eagles didn't take Earl Thomas? It should...
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Does it haunt you guys that the Eagles didn't take Earl Thomas? It should...

seriously?

i'd be willing to bet you never heard of him until a few days ago...head back to last year's cowboys thread guy. men are talking here.

GO BIRDS!!!
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    I don't think there's a shot in hell some team gives us a 3rd pick for Vick. A 5th would probably be the best and i doubt even that.
    call up the broncos i'm sure they'd love to have another below average qb to the mix.

:lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    call up the broncos i'm sure they'd love to have another below average qb to the mix.

Leave my thread now
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:

Leave my thread now
    actually it's jiggy's thread and i want my damn ribs

:P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

pete prisco's eagles draft grade.....A+ :clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    i am still digesting this draft. spent yesterday at an all day jack and jill baby shower and got completely annihilated. seriously. jack and jill baby showers mixed with pool, beer pong, and the draft is a deadly combination. but my draft geek friend was pretty stoked when we took that ricky sapp guy yesterday. apparently pete prisco loves him....

rest of division:
    giants.....A
    redskins...B-
    dallas.....B-

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/stor ... ist_footer

Philadelphia Eagles

Best pick: Trading up in the first round to get Brandon Graham. He will be a 13-sack player in two years. I love the kid.

Questionable move: Trading Donovan McNabb for a second-round pick. But that's nitpicking.

Third-day gem: Fifth-round pick Ricky Sapp was a potential first-round selection until he tore up a knee two years ago. He moved to outside linebacker, but he is more of a down end.

Analysis: You look up and down their draft board and it's full of really good players. They had a lot of picks and the Eagles really did a nice job with them. That shouldn't be surprising.

Grade: A+
    www.myspace.com
    thinking in terms of the off season as a whole, here is what i posted in january to start this thread:
    my quick take? there are lots of questions and holes to fill. however its not something that can't be done before next season. it's not like we were 2-14 or the bills or something (chan gailey?!?!?! :wtf: ).

needs: d end opposite cole who can actually get to the qb...either middle or strong side lb (depending where they put stu) and saftey on d. offense is pretty much set and will only get better as the young bucks get more seasoned. need to get healthy on the line and pick up a back rb if westbrook doesnt come back. if don goes, i actually think kolb can manage the offense with this accuracy.
    what say you?
    GO BIRDS!

i thought we had 3 main priorites: 1: d end. 2: saftey. 3: linebacker. and i also thought kolb will be fine with his accuracy and the multitude of weapons already in place.

apparently the eagles listened to me.
    1-graham's gonna get to the qb and free up cole from being double teamed. i know people wish he was bigger. but he fits the mold and philosophy that reid has had since he's been here: speed speed speed. plus he's the same size as dumberville and freeney. i like the pick.

2-nate allen was a solid pick up at 37. a saftey who can cover and lay some people out. i read that he should be able to cover a tight end or two as well which is something we've been lacking. again--smallish, but has tons of speed. great pick.

3-the ernie simms trade was a steal for a 5th round pick. this was an excellent move. combined with bradley coming back, our lb corp is much improved. it will be interesting to see where everyone plays though. still have gaither, foku, and jordan coming back along with a couple mid round picks this weekend. training camp will be fun to watch.

we'll see what happens at corner. marlin jackson might end up there. hobbs will be back. this lindley kid might be a player out of kentucky. spending a 4th round pick on a 4 year starter in the sec seems like a good idea to me.

offense: i would have liked to see them take an o lineman yesterday. but we might not be in as bad shape there as people think either. got a pro bowl (despite all the frustration) tackle with jason peters. herremans is solid at left guard. center is an issue with jackson going to miss some games. but i'm okay with nick cole filling in after a full training camp at that position under his belt. plus we go up against some pretty bad defenses the first month of the season. then you got winston justice who proved he can play in this league at rt, and either max jean or stacy andrews at guard. the line was actually good for most of last season until the end when jackson went down and cole was thrown in there.

and with one of the best young reciever corps in the league, a pro bowl caliber te, a pro bowl fb and a solid running back, kolb should be fine.

don't look now but the eagles have managed to rebuild themselves over the past few years without suffering through a typical 3-4 year drought that most teams encounter when flipping over their roster. i like the direction we're heading gentlemen....

GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    pete prisco's eagles draft grade.....A+ :clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    i am still digesting this draft. spent yesterday at an all day jack and jill baby shower and got completely annihilated. seriously. jack and jill baby showers mixed with pool, beer pong, and the draft is a deadly combination. but my draft geek friend was pretty stoked when we took that ricky sapp guy yesterday. apparently pete prisco loves him....

rest of division:
    giants.....A
    redskins...B-
    dallas.....B-

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/stor ... ist_footer

Philadelphia Eagles

Best pick: Trading up in the first round to get Brandon Graham. He will be a 13-sack player in two years. I love the kid.

Questionable move: Trading Donovan McNabb for a second-round pick. But that's nitpicking.

Third-day gem: Fifth-round pick Ricky Sapp was a potential first-round selection until he tore up a knee two years ago. He moved to outside linebacker, but he is more of a down end.

Analysis: You look up and down their draft board and it's full of really good players. They had a lot of picks and the Eagles really did a nice job with them. That shouldn't be surprising.

Grade: A+

I guess you think Prisco has some credibility? I will keep that in mind when he picks the Cowboys to win this year's Super Bowl.
    Andy Reid keeps on helping the Cowboys
    Gerry Fraley/Reporter

A lingering question from the draft: Why is Philadelphia coach Andy Reid so willing to help the Cowboys, an NFC East rival?

In this draft, Reid agreed to a deal that allowed the Cowboys to move up in the second round and select Penn State inside linebacker Sean Lee. The Cowboys indirectly added their first pick, Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant, from Philadelphia. The pick originally belonged to the Eagles, but Reid sent ti to Denver, which in turn traded it to New England before reaching the Cowboys.

In 2007, Reid gave a first-rounder to the Cowboys for picks in the second, third and fifth rounds. The Cowboys used that pick on outside linebacker Anthony Spencer, who had a breakthrough performance last season. The Eagles selected quarterback Kevin Kolb of Stephenville, middle linebacker Stewart Bradley and cornerback C.J. Gaddis. None of those picks made an impact for the Eagles last season, but Kolb is in line to replace the traded Donovan McNabb at quarterback.

Reid made another intra-division move with McNabb, trading him to Washington before the draft.

Reid's stock reply on trading within the division is that he cares only about improving his club. If that means dealing with a division rival, so be it, he says.
This discussion has been closed.