THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Like you have credibility because you read, copy and paste articles from every Philly newspaper. :roll:

It's all opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs, so quit acting like you are a football god, dude.

Now, go read up on Henderson cuz I knew the Eagles were interested in him before you did. ;)

you flat out admitted to not following the draft and only paying attention to the first 3 picks until "they prove themselves in september". now you try to act like an expert on the guy.

i'm sorry but you are an uneducated fan. please stop embarrasing yourself.[/quote]

Dont_feed_the_troll.jpg[/quote]

sorry...my bad!
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Like you have credibility because you read, copy and paste articles from every Philly newspaper. :roll:

It's all opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs, so quit acting like you are a football god, dude.

Now, go read up on Henderson cuz I knew the Eagles were interested in him before you did. ;)

you flat out admitted to not following the draft and only paying attention to the first 3 picks until "they prove themselves in september". now you try to act like an expert on the guy.

i'm sorry but you are an uneducated fan. please stop embarrasing yourself.

Dont_feed_the_troll.jpg[/quote]

sorry...my bad![/quote]

Hey I didn't write that !

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Just read that the birds may be looking to sign John Henderson. That would be a great move...dude is gigantic

where did you read that? that would be an enoromously huge pick up.......PUN INTENDED!

seriously--that would be awesome. one of my buddies was just going off on why the eagles would not have any interest in him a couple days ago...

espn insider article. apparently he'll come cheap too
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Just read that the birds may be looking to sign John Henderson. That would be a great move...dude is gigantic

where did you read that? that would be an enoromously huge pick up.......PUN INTENDED!

seriously--that would be awesome. one of my buddies was just going off on why the eagles would not have any interest in him a couple days ago...

espn insider article. apparently he'll come cheap too

can you post it here? i refuse to pay espn anything.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I'm uneducated? Everyone knows that ESPN Insider is only there to make money and feeds you rumors. I never believe anything I read until it becomes reality. They stir up educated rumors to force people into paying for their services. About 90% of that stuff never makes it to REAL news.

PS - You don't have to follow the draft to know about college players that get drafted. I still won't sit in front of the tv and watch the draft but I will certainly read into who goes where after the fact. That's all I said.

Can't wait until the Cowboys spank the Birds this year! And you know that will happen.

Leave the troll alone.

troll.jpg
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Everyone knows that ESPN Insider is only there to make money and feeds you rumors. I never believe anything I read until it becomes reality. They stir up educated rumors to force people into paying for their services. About 90% of that stuff never makes it to REAL news.

troll.jpg

I love espn insider for the baseball stuff. The only football stuff that's worth reading is the NFL Draft coverage from mel kiper. I'd pay for espn insider just to read buster olney's daily blog every day...always full of great info and insight. Keith law is great too, as are the contributors from baseball prospectus and baseball america.

Here is the Henderson stuff...not really substantial info, but you never know.

Eagles in play for Henderson?
    6:06
    PM ETJohn Henderson | Jaguars | Interested: Eagles? Top Email Philadelphia Eagles beat reporter Geoff Mosher connected some dots Tuesday morning and came to the conclusion that the team is "still in the market for another defensive tackle." We've all heard the rumors of Albert Haynesworth being offered to them before the draft as part of the Donovan McNabb trade, but now it appears as though they're going to troll the waters of free agency.

Among those still available, former Jacksonville Jaguars DT John Henderson is probably the best option. (Here's a look back at the teams previously linked to Henderson.) After that, it gets pretty ugly. One mitigating factor against the Eagles signing Henderson is the DT's age (he turned 31 in January), but if the team is still looking for help, he could be their only hope.

We checked in with a few of our own reporters, but there hasn't been a definitive peep out of the Henderson camp just yet. More to come. As for Henderson's fit with the Eagles, we asked Bill Barnwell of the Football Outsiders for his take:

Football Outsiders
    This one makes sense

"Jacksonville ranked seventh against the run in DVOA last year, and Henderson -- who started 15 games -- was one of the main reasons why. The fact that they chose to 'fix' their effective run defense in the draft and not a pass defense that ranked 31st in DVOA is puzzling, but it's not Henderson's fault. He's slipped some from the Pro Bowler of 2004 and 2006, but he'd get a boost from playing fewer snaps and alongside more talent up front. Philadelphia already has two excellent defensive tackles in Brodrick Bunkley and Mike Patterson, but bringing in Henderson to compete with 2008 second-rounder Trevor Laws for the third defensive tackle spot could net them an impact situational player on the cheap." - Bill Barnwell
    The Fixer wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Everyone knows that ESPN Insider is only there to make money and feeds you rumors. I never believe anything I read until it becomes reality. They stir up educated rumors to force people into paying for their services. About 90% of that stuff never makes it to REAL news.

troll.jpg

I love espn insider for the baseball stuff. The only football stuff that's worth reading is the NFL Draft coverage from mel kiper. I'd pay for espn insider just to read buster olney's daily blog every day...always full of great info and insight. Keith law is great too, as are the contributors from baseball prospectus and baseball america.

Here is the Henderson stuff...not really substantial info, but you never know.

Eagles in play for Henderson?
    6:06
    PM ETJohn Henderson | Jaguars | Interested: Eagles? Top Email Philadelphia Eagles beat reporter Geoff Mosher connected some dots Tuesday morning and came to the conclusion that the team is "still in the market for another defensive tackle." We've all heard the rumors of Albert Haynesworth being offered to them before the draft as part of the Donovan McNabb trade, but now it appears as though they're going to troll the waters of free agency.

Among those still available, former Jacksonville Jaguars DT John Henderson is probably the best option. (Here's a look back at the teams previously linked to Henderson.) After that, it gets pretty ugly. One mitigating factor against the Eagles signing Henderson is the DT's age (he turned 31 in January), but if the team is still looking for help, he could be their only hope.

We checked in with a few of our own reporters, but there hasn't been a definitive peep out of the Henderson camp just yet. More to come. As for Henderson's fit with the Eagles, we asked Bill Barnwell of the Football Outsiders for his take:

Football Outsiders
    This one makes sense

"Jacksonville ranked seventh against the run in DVOA last year, and Henderson -- who started 15 games -- was one of the main reasons why. The fact that they chose to 'fix' their effective run defense in the draft and not a pass defense that ranked 31st in DVOA is puzzling, but it's not Henderson's fault. He's slipped some from the Pro Bowler of 2004 and 2006, but he'd get a boost from playing fewer snaps and alongside more talent up front. Philadelphia already has two excellent defensive tackles in Brodrick Bunkley and Mike Patterson, but bringing in Henderson to compete with 2008 second-rounder Trevor Laws for the third defensive tackle spot could net them an impact situational player on the cheap." - Bill Barnwell

muchos gracias!
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'd pay for espn insider just to read buster olney's daily blog every day...always full of great info and insight. Keith law is great too, as are the contributors from baseball prospectus and baseball america.

That is exactly what my buddy says. Insider is great for baseball and if I were a baseball fan, I would certainly subscribe for that content.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1334 ... ist_footer
    Eagles confident with younger, less experienced bunch
    May 3, 2010
    By Clark Judge
    CBSSports.com Senior Writer
    Tell Clark your opinion!

Almost everything about this year's Philadelphia Eagles is new. A new quarterback. A new running back. New wide receivers. New defensive linemen. New defensive backs. New assistant coaches. Even coach Andy Reid's director of security is new.

You name it, the Eagles may take it out for a spin, and that usually defines a reconstruction project. But let's get something straight: These Philadelphia Eagles are not rebuilding.

First-round pick Brandon Graham leads the 'reloading' project for Philly's D. (AP)
    First-round pick Brandon Graham leads the 'reloading' project for Philly's D. (AP)
    "Coach Reid doesn't believe in that, and we don't believe in that," said linebacker Omar Gaither. "The Eagles are not an organization that needs to rebuild. We reload. I like to use that term because we have a lot of playmakers on offense and defense."

He has that right. There's DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek and LeSean McCoy on offense, and Trent Cole, Broderick Bunkley, Mike Patterson and Asante Samuel on defense. But it's not so much who was at this weekend's minicamp that was noteworthy as it is was who was not, and I'll start with Donovan McNabb. He was shipped off to Washington, leaving the quarterbacking to Kevin Kolb.

Kolb is young, accurate and promising. In his two starts a year ago he was 1-1 -- throwing for more than 300 yards in each game -- but those are his only two starts in three seasons, and to say the Eagles are assuming a risk is an understatement. Kolb is replacing a seven-time Pro Bowl quarterback who took the club to five conference championship games in eight years and their only Super Bowl in nearly three decades.

But the Eagles believe in Kolb. If they didn't they wouldn't have sent McNabb off -- to a division opponent, no less -- and they wouldn't have extended Kolb's contract.

"We brought him here to play," said Reid. "That's how we looked at it. When we drafted him we did it with the thought that he could be a starter in the National Football League. And he's had three great years of training, so he's right where he needs to be in terms of the maturation process.

"There will still be some growing because he's never had this load on him. So he has to learn how to do that. But we all have the confidence he will."

They must. No sooner had the club peddled away McNabb than Reid announced that Kolb was the starter and that Michael Vick -- the guy who hadn't played backup to anyone until last year -- would carry his clipboard. Vick seems OK with that, and I think you can guess where Kolb stands on the subject.

"It means a lot," Kolb said. "You never want to let anybody down, and you especially don't want to let somebody down whenever they put that much faith in you and they've made those moves to make you 'the guy.' That's a driving force for me, and it gives me more energy and more emotion to go out there and make this thing right. That's my No. 1 focus: Going to get a Super Bowl and proving everybody right."

I don't know that the Eagles are going to a Super Bowl. But I do know the time was right to get Kolb on the field. It reminds me a little of what San Diego did with quarterback Philip Rivers, sitting him for two seasons behind Drew Brees before giving him the ball.

The difference, of course, is that Brees was an unrestricted free agent coming off a serious shoulder injury and that Rivers had two seasons -- not three, as in Kolb's case -- to sit and learn.

"I think in terms of the intangibles they're very similar," Reid said. "But Philip has done it. We have to see what lies ahead. We think Kevin can do it, too. But we have to see it."

The Eagles have to see it from several new players -- including linebacker Ernie Sims, defensive end Darryl Tapp, running back Mike Bell and rookies Brandon Graham and Nate Allen -- but that's what happens when you turn over a roster, and the Eagles turned theirs upside down.

Their average age is 24.8 years. A year ago the opening day roster averaged 26.8, and that team limped to the finish, with Dallas hammering it the final two games by a combined score of 58-14.

Something had to change, and it was the roster. The Eagles shed four starters from last year's playoff loss, and that doesn't include star running back Brian Westbrook, one of the team's most effective and consistent playmakers the past decade.

OK, but remember what Gaither said: This is no teardown in the works. The Eagles had gone as far as they thought they could with McNabb & Co. and decided a turnover was necessary. So McNabb and Westbrook left. So did Chris Gocong and Sheldon Brown. And Shawn Andrews, Sean Jones, Kevin Curtis, Will Witherspoon, Reggie Brown, Chris Clemons, Darren Howard and Jeremiah Trotter.

Now the Eagles are back to try it all over again with a younger and less experienced roster, and I would be careful not to underestimate these guys or their head coach. In eight of Reid's 11 seasons the Eagles have reached the playoffs, and you heard Kolb: He's already talking about what it takes to reach the Super Bowl.

"At the end of the day we're talented," Gaither said. "We have guys who may not have played a lot, but they have proven themselves as able playmakers. I believe in what John Wooden said, which was he'd rather have talent over experience any day -- and we sure have a lot of talent. We expect nothing less than to win."
    www.myspace.com
    for what it's worth...

one of my buddies at work's roomate is friends with todd herremans and they were out this weekend ringing up a $7,000 bar tab at this Recess place in the city. ever been there? i've never heard of it. anyway, apparently herremans was pretty stoked because there is talks of him being traded to the browns who will then restructure his contract and give him a boatload of guaranteed cash. not sure who he is supposed to be traded for though.

could all be bullshit. but thought i'd pass it along anyway.

carry on.

GO.
    BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    for what it's worth...

one of my buddies at work's roomate is friends with todd herremans and they were out this weekend ringing up a $7,000 bar tab at this Recess place in the city. ever been there? i've never heard of it. anyway, apparently herremans was pretty stoked because there is talks of him being traded to the browns who will then restructure his contract and give him a boatload of guaranteed cash. not sure who he is supposed to be traded for though.

could all be bullshit. but thought i'd pass it along anyway.

carry on.

GO.
    BIRDS.

Find it hard to believe that they'd be looking to move any O-lineman at this point. They cut andrews and didn't draft any lineman. The line is the weak spot on offense at this point...I don't see them trading a starter from that group.

But what the hell do I know?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    DeSahun Jackson is still immature, why did you have to take a cheap shot at McNabb like that :roll: I think McNabb took the high road though. Good job McNabb. :thumbup:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    DeSahun Jackson is still immature, why did you have to take a cheap shot at McNabb like that :roll: I think McNabb took the high road though. Good job McNabb. :thumbup:

it's borderline idiotic. i mean what he said is actually how he should be thinking----but there is no reason to go to the media and start something like that. now its a he said/she said thing that could linger and nobody needs that.

reid needs to have some words with him.
    www.myspace.com
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Leave the troll alone.

troll.jpg

this literally just made me cry laughing.

I'm still laughing.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    YAC IT UP:

Paul Domowitch: Yards after catch will be big part of Eagles' offense with Kolb
    By Paul Domowitch
    Philadelphia Daily News

Daily News Sports Columnist

IN SOME WAYS, it's going to be difficult for the Kevin Kolb-led Eagles offense of 2010 to improve on the production of the Donovan McNabb-led Eagles offense of 2009.
    After all, the Eagles finished fifth in the NFL in scoring last season, putting up a franchise-record 429 points. When all was said and done, they finished a respectable 10th in passing yards (255.6 per game) and 11th in total offense (357.9 yards per game).

Accuracy is Kevin Kolb's strength, so look for shorter pass plays more in line with the West Coast offense than the Eagles have been.

But there were a lot of other less-impressive numbers that provide a much more revealing glimpse into the shortcomings of McNabb and the offense last season.
    Consider:

* The Eagles clearly were a big-play offense. A league-high 18 of their 41 offensive touchdown drives were four plays or fewer. But too often, if they didn't get to the end zone quickly, they didn't get there at all. They had just 14 TD drives of seven plays or more the entire season. The result: The Eagles finished 29th in the league in time of possession (28:15), which took its toll on their injury-ravaged defense as the season went along.

* The main reason their time-of-possession average was so low was because they couldn't convert on third down. The Eagles finished 23rd in third-down efficiency (36.2 percent). None of the nine teams that finished below them managed to make the playoffs. The cumulative record of those nine teams: 39-105.

* The Eagles finished tied for 23rd in red-zone offense, converting just 48.1 percent of their trips inside their opponent's 20 into touchdowns. None of the eight teams ranked below them made the playoffs. Just one - the 7-9 Bears - managed to win more than six games. McNabb finished 17th in the league in red-zone passing, completing just 45.3 percent of his passes inside the 20.

* McNabb had one of his better statistical seasons last year, but careerlong accuracy issues continued to plague him. He finished 20th in the league in completion percentage (.603). Just one quarterback made it to the postseason with a lower completion percentage. That was Jets rookie Mark Sanchez (.538). But he had the benefit of the league's top-ranked ground game.

* The Eagles' seasonlong problems at sustaining drives not only was evident in their time-of-possession average, but also in their first-down total. They finished 19th in first downs (18.1 per game). Of the 13 teams that averaged fewer, just one - the Jets - made it to the postseason.

So, now that McNabb is gone and Kolb is the new starting quarterback, what can we expect from the offense this season?

Well, there is little doubt that the offense will be different with Kolb at the helm. Both Kolb and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg already have acknowledged that. You play to a quarterback's strengths. McNabb's was a big arm. Kolb's is accuracy.

The Eagles likely will become a more traditional West Coast offense this season, heavier on short and intermediate routes like slants and curls and crosses that will give receivers more yards-after-the-catch opportunities than the deeper patterns the Eagles used when McNabb was behind center. Doesn't mean they won't throw the ball deep. Just means they probably won't throw it deep nearly as much.

"The yards after the catch are going to be a big part of our offense," Kolb said during the postdraft minicamp. "I know this group [of receivers] will make the plays if I give them the chance to do so."

The Eagles' young receivers are looking forward to working with a rhythm passer who is going to hit them in stride a little more often than McNabb did.

"Because of how accurate he is, we're going to be able to catch the ball in stride and do something with it," said wide receiver Jeremy Maclin. "Now that he's behind the center, I definitely think there are going to be more opportunities for those types of [yards-after-the-catch] things."

In fairness to McNabb, it should be pointed out that the Eagles were a pretty good yards-after-the-catch team last year when he was the quarterback. They finished eighth in the league in yards after the catch. Almost half of their passing yards - 2,151 of 4,380, or 49.1 percent - came after the catch.

Brent Celek, who had a team-high 76 receptions, finished third among the league's tight ends in yards after the catch, with 447 (of 971 receiving yards). The only tight ends with more YAC were the Colts' Dallas Clark (526) and the Chargers' Antonio Gates (520). Only Gates averaged more YAC per reception than Celek (6.6 to 5.9).

DeSean Jackson, who had six touchdown catches of 48 yards or more last season, finished 24th overall and 10th among wide receivers in yards after the catch, with 420 (of 1,156 receiving yards). But his YAC percentage (.363) was considerably lower than many of the wideouts above him, including the Patriots' Wes Welker (.544), the Giants' Hakeem Nicks (.535), the Broncos' Brandon Marshall (.470), the Cowboys' Miles Austin (.464) and the Packers' Greg Jennings (.434).

Maclin finished 68th overall in YAC (266 of 762 receiving yards). Slot receiver Jason Avant was 91st (215 of 587).

Celek thinks all of the Eagles' receivers will see their yards-after-the-catch numbers increase with Kolb as the starter.

"Kevin's accuracy is going to be the biggest factor [for more yards after the catch]," Celek said. "If you get it there accurately, the guy can catch it and turn upfield. If it's not [accurate], you've got to turn your body and it slows you down and the defense can catch up quicker. Getting the ball out fast and getting it to you in a position where you can cut up the field quickly is what it's all about."
    www.myspace.com
    Peter King preseason rankings

NYG - 9
    Dallas - 10 (both making playoffs)
    Philly - 15
    Wash - 20 (for those that were crying about the eagles trading mcchoke there...that team still blows)

take this with a grain of salt...he had the saints at 24 last preseason
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    The Fixer wrote:

NYG - 9
    Philly - 15
    Wash - 20 (for those that were crying about the eagles trading mcchoke there...that team still blows)

He also licks the sweat off Brett Favres balls after every game.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

NYG - 9
    Philly - 15

He also licks the sweat off Brett Favres balls after every game.

agreed. that's quite a big grain of salt in may...
    www.myspace.com
    for the record, here is what king actually said about the skins:
    20. Washington. The natives won't be thrilled with 8-8, but there's lots of deadwood, and deadwood attitude, to flush out of the organization for Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen. If McNabb is his usual self, the Redskins will be in 13 games in the fourth quarter.

that's twice as many wins as they had last year...and about where most people are picking the birds to end up--somewhere between 7-10 wins.

training camp...set to be just a couple months away :thumbup:

GO. BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    If McNabb is his usual self, the Redskins will be in 13 games in the fourth quarter.

what does this line mean to you? to me it says...mcnabb sucks in close games. true...very true

don't mean to beat a dead horse. I'm just glad he's gone
    The Fixer wrote:
    If McNabb is his usual self, the Redskins will be in 13 games in the fourth quarter.

what does this line mean to you? to me it says...mcnabb sucks in close games. true...very true

don't mean to beat a dead horse. I'm just glad he's gone
    serious, clark?

you took that sentence completely the wrong way. that's obviously not what he meant. he meant mcnabb will give him the chance to win the majority of their games but their overall talent level will put them somewhere around .500...near us.

go research his other articles and comments on mcnabb to find out the respect that he has for him.

dead horse?--you brought it up....
    www.myspace.com
    good to see ingram out there for the rookie camp going full speed.

if this dude can stay healthy it will be a major plus for us. marty loves the 2 tight end set. this guy can be a beast if he can find a way to stay on the field....
    www.myspace.com
    awesome. maybe they can talk eric allen out of retirement. seriously, macho harris better be ready to play CB where he belongs

According to the on-site account of the Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeffrey McLane, Marlin Jackson needed to helped off the field during Tuesday's OTA practice. Jackson was "visibly upset," and "left the building crying."

The good news is that the Eagles announced the injury as being to Jackson's right ankle. He didn't re-tear an ACL.

The bad news is that this still appears to be a serious injury. The Eagles will provide a status update on Jackson later this week.
    torn achilles

fucking great
    The Fixer wrote:
    torn achilles

fucking great

haven't had time to follow anything today...but my buddy said oj atogwe from the rams becomes a free agent at midnight? is that right? the birds should hop all over that if it's true....
    www.myspace.com
    i'd be willing to bet reid stays with what he has than pursue him though...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Tim ... togwe.html

The St. Louis Rams have arrived at a moment of truth when it comes to veteran safety O.J. Atogwe.

Do they want him back for the 2010 season or will he be headed elsewhere? Today marks the deadline for the organization to either hammer out a longterm contract with Atogwe and his agent Ken Landphere or give him a 110 percent raise over his 2009 base salary of $6.342 million or non-tender him and allow him to become an unrestricted free agent, getting nothing in return.

It’s an interesting decision and what the club has certainly mulled for months since Atogwe was low tendered at $1.226 million as a restricted free agent which gave St. Louis only the right of first refusal. No teams came calling for Atogwe as an RFA so it’s been a high stakes game since. Atogwe will be 29 this season and he is coming off a shoulder injury suffered in December at Soldier Field. He’s been a turnover machine and a leader in the secondary for the Rams, but what value do you put on a safety?

According to Howard Balzer of the St. Louis Globe-Democrat, the Rams have until 11 p.m. in St. Louis tonight to take action. The report indicates Dallas, Detroit, Miami and San Francisco could potentially have interest if Atogwe reaches the open market. Now, it’s not an ideal time to become a UFA. The bulk of teams have spent the bulk of their budgeted money for 2010.

But if Atogwe has come this far in resisting overtures from the Rams to sign a deal, they would likely have to blow him away with an offer at this point to convince him not to at least test the open market. Plus, it certainly has to be possible that he wants out of an organization in the midst of a tedious rebuilding process. Atogwe might be able to shop his best offer with the Rams as well. Stay tuned.
    www.myspace.com

The St. Louis Rams have arrived at a moment of truth when it comes to veteran safety O.J. Atogwe.

Do they want him back for the 2010 season or will he be headed elsewhere? Today marks the deadline for the organization to either hammer out a longterm contract with Atogwe and his agent Ken Landphere or give him a 110 percent raise over his 2009 base salary of $6.342 million or non-tender him and allow him to become an unrestricted free agent, getting nothing in return.

It’s an interesting decision and what the club has certainly mulled for months since Atogwe was low tendered at $1.226 million as a restricted free agent which gave St. Louis only the right of first refusal. No teams came calling for Atogwe as an RFA so it’s been a high stakes game since. Atogwe will be 29 this season and he is coming off a shoulder injury suffered in December at Soldier Field. He’s been a turnover machine and a leader in the secondary for the Rams, but what value do you put on a safety?

According to Howard Balzer of the St. Louis Globe-Democrat, the Rams have until 11 p.m. in St. Louis tonight to take action. The report indicates Dallas, Detroit, Miami and San Francisco could potentially have interest if Atogwe reaches the open market. Now, it’s not an ideal time to become a UFA. The bulk of teams have spent the bulk of their budgeted money for 2010.

But if Atogwe has come this far in resisting overtures from the Rams to sign a deal, they would likely have to blow him away with an offer at this point to convince him not to at least test the open market. Plus, it certainly has to be possible that he wants out of an organization in the midst of a tedious rebuilding process. Atogwe might be able to shop his best offer with the Rams as well. Stay tuned.

I hate when people rip reid for what he says to the media. Who cares what he says? It's in his best interest to lie to the media or not say anything at all.
    The Fixer wrote:

I hate when people rip reid for what he says to the media. Who cares what he says? It's in his best interest to lie to the media or not say anything at all.

....what does that have to with anything in that article?
    www.myspace.com
    The Herremans injury might be a bigger concern than Marlin Jackson.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The Herremans injury might be a bigger concern than Marlin Jackson.

thanks profootball.com headline reader... :roll:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-jackson/

Todd Herremans could be a bigger issue for Eagles than Marlin Jackson
    Posted by Mike Florio on June 2, 2010 9:22 AM ET
    With defensive back Marlin Jackson gone for the year -- and possibly for his career -- with a ruptured Achilles tendon that comes on the heels of a pair of ACL tears, Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer points out that there's an even bigger injury issue potentially plaguing the Eagles.

Per McLane, guard Todd Herremans missed Tuesday's practice due to a lingering problem with his left foot.

Herremans had a stress fracture in the foot last year, which caused him to miss the first five games of the season. He then was able to play for the balance of the year.

His most recent absence comes at a time when center Jamaal Jackson is recovering from a torn ACL -- and when Stacy Andrews' ability to stay healthy remains unclear.

With Jackson, who had been moved to free safety, now gone, the Eagles need to come up with a viable Plan B. One possibility would be to move Macho Harris back to safety from cornerback. Another option would be to find another safety (they're reportedly not interested in O.J. Atogwe).

Or they could just move forward with the guys they having, hopeful that none of them suffers an injury similar to Jackson's.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.