THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    crazypjfan wrote:
    You waste entirely too much time on two crappy teams and organizations:)

Also, those Eagles receivers had a good qb throwing to them. I bet the Redskins receiving corps can do just as good, with the exception of Devin jackson being a bit better and younger than Moss.
    hr.

you'll be surprised how accurate kolb is.

go back to your cowboys thread...lotta action in that right now. oh, wait...

Nothing doing in Cowboys land. We are NOT in the process of rebuilding:)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    crazypjfan wrote:

real football fans talk football all year long buddy. this is every year around these parts...
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    page 14 and 15 is pure gold
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

crazypjfan wrote:

real football fans talk football all year long buddy. this is every year around these parts...

Right...You should receive an award then :D
    edited April 2010
    The Fixer wrote:
    you've shown your true colors dude. you and all the other cataldi minions who booed him on draft day and complained about him similing on the field have your wish. he's not on the team anymore.

at least we have common ground in we both are eager to usher in the kolb era and proceed with the youth movement. time will tell if both teams will be better off. obviously nobody knows for sure right now.

you can compare me to whoever you want. bottom line is that he wasn't going to win here, so they traded him. honestly, I was a mcnabb supporter for the majority of his philly tenure. after the arizona game I was done. it was time for a change.

go read more g cobb stuff and listen to macnow talk about cheesesteaks on the great mid-day show you listen to. that dude doesn't even like sports

I don't cry about every move the eagles make...especially the ones that make sense.[/quote]

i think some of the things you say are pretty stupid. but i think we have more in common than you think.

he could have won the whole thing here under the right circumstances. those circumstances didn't happen. it was either him or reid to go. one of them had to be the fall guy. i would have preferred reid to leave. but when he was extended, it became obvious that it was time for a change at qb...especially after they let all the other vets go.

i'm pretty psyched to get down to the linc this year to see how kolb does with all these weapons though. hopefully reid runs the ball more. that first skins game will be EPIC!

GO BIRDS! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Right...You should receive an award then :D

why don't you go talk some texas rangers baseball or some dallas mavericks basketball.........oh, wait...
    www.myspace.com

why don't you go talk some texas rangers baseball or some dallas mavericks basketball.........oh, wait...

Don't get into baseball or basketball much. Although my cousin has Ranger season tix, I think it was a waste of his money IMO...
    metsfan wrote:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118&hilit=+fraud
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I wanna see metsy and jeagler enjoy a beer together and talk sports. I'll be the moderator :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!
    I wanna see metsy and jeagler enjoy a beer together and talk sports. I'll be the moderator :shock:

i would just grill him over the origins of him becoming a cowboys fan over and over again. i love trying to get into the psyche of those kinds of people :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    metsfan wrote:

we are from philly, we are idiots.

anything mets related is 2 million times funnier. like steve phillips. or any move they have made in the last decade. enjoy that jason bay contract pal. haha
    edited April 2010
    go read more g cobb stuff and listen to macnow talk about cheesesteaks on the great mid-day show you listen to. that dude doesn't even like sports

I don't cry about every move the eagles make...especially the ones that make sense.[/quote]

i think some of the things you say are pretty stupid. but i think we have more in common than you think.

he could have won the whole thing here under the right circumstances. those circumstances didn't happen. it was either him or reid to go. one of them had to be the fall guy. i would have preferred reid to leave. but when he was extended, it became obvious that it was time for a change at qb...especially after they let all the other vets go.

i'm pretty psyched to get down to the linc this year to see how kolb does with all these weapons though. hopefully reid runs the ball more. that first skins game will be EPIC!

GO BIRDS! :mrgreen:[/quote]

we disagree about the mcnabb trade, but I think we are both less stupid than most eagles fans. we'll see who is right over the next few years. the offseason is not over yet, they still have 11 draft picks.

I respect your opinion on here. we don't have to agree on everything. that's why being die hard fans of a team is so fun. we can debate what's right or wrong. neither one of us is gonna be right every time. I loved when they moved up for mcdougle a few years ago. that um, didn't work out so well
    Post edited by The Fixer on

i would just grill him over the origins of him becoming a cowboys fan over and over again. i love trying to get into the psyche of those kinds of people :mrgreen:
    i'd sit there and just laugh at you and say 5 rings over and over :lol::lol::lol:.

The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

anything mets related is 2 million times funnier. like steve phillips. or any move they have made in the last decade. enjoy that jason bay contract pal. haha
    every northeast fan is a idiot lol. bay's batting .364, slugging is .636 and his opb is .462. that's a pretty damn good start for someone coming over from the AL to a team that needs all the help it can get. on top of all that he isn't lazy like some other players who are no longer on this team or still are.

metsfan wrote:

i'd sit there and just laugh at you and say 5 rings over and over :lol::lol::lol:.

The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

every northeast fan is a idiot lol. bay's batting .364, slugging is .636 and his opb is .462. that's a pretty damn good start for someone coming over from the AL to a team that needs all the help it can get. on top of all that he isn't lazy like some other players who are no longer on this team or still are.

his bum knee in that huge OF should play well. you're right about him going from the AL to NL, but he is going from the smallest LF in baseball to a huge LF at Shitty Field.

how many more years on oliver perez? I want to get a minaya phils jersey...love that dude

the ibanez contract is pink eye...the bay contract is AIDS
    The Fixer wrote:

his bum knee in that huge OF should play well. you're right about him going from the AL to NL, but he is going from the smallest LF in baseball to a huge LF at Shitty Field.

how many more years on oliver perez? I want to get a minaya phils jersey...love that dude

the ibanez contract is pink eye...the bay contract is AIDS
    ollie has 2 more years left

*shudders*

metsfan wrote:

and i'd reply: YOU'RE FROM LONG ISLAND. NONE OF THOSE RINGS ARE YOURS :roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    edited April 2010
    With all the money we've saved this year i really wish the eagles would make a play for ray edwards from minnesota. He hasn't signed his tenure yet and wants a long term deal. I know they put a 1st rd tender on him but i'm sure we could package 2 mid to late rd picks for him. Maybe a 3rd and a 5th or 6th,he's not worth a 1st or a 2nd rd pick. He'd be a solid de opposite trent cole imo. This darrel tappet guy or whatever from seattle dosen't exactly excite me and i'm sure they'll draft instead of making a play for edwards but i'd really like him here.
    Post edited by jamminpearls on
    Go Birds!!!!
    metsfan wrote:

and i'd reply: YOU'RE FROM LONG ISLAND. NONE OF THOSE RINGS ARE YOURS :roll: :lol:

Get over that shit, dude! Stop questioning the origin of people and why they are a fan. Who Cares! Noone will be as perfect a sports fan as you are :roll:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Get over that shit, dude! Stop questioning the origin of people and why they are a fan. Who Cares! Noone will be as perfect a sports fan as you are :roll:[/quote]

fraudulent sports fans bug me. now go back into your hibernation until september.
    www.myspace.com
    With all the money we've saved this year i really wish the eagles would make a play for ray edwards from minnesota. He hasn't signed his tenure yet and wants a long term deal. I know they put a 1st rd tender on him but i'm sure we could package 2 mid to late rd picks for him. Maybe a 3rd and a 5th or 6th,he's not worth a 1st or a 2nd rd pick. He'd be a solid de opposite trent cole imo. This darrel tappet guy or whatever from seattle dosen't exactly excite me and i'm sure they'll draft instead of making a play for edwards but i'd really like him here.

if all it would take would be a 3rd and a 5th i would be all over that. i think it will take more than that though.
    www.myspace.com
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Saw this on the Onion this morning and thought it was relevant:

WASHINGTON—During an emotionally charged press conference Monday, newly minted Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb expressed gratitude to the unappreciative, abusive, and intolerant fans of the Philadelphia Eagles for their total lack of support over the years. "I'd like to thank all the Eagles fans who were always there to demand the whole world from me every week, who expected me to do everything with almost nothing, and who blamed me for the team's every failure," said the six-time Pro Bowler, who also apologized for his failure to shore up the Eagles defense and his inability to keep Brian Westbrook healthy while leading the team to five NFC championship games. "I can't thank them enough for the constant insults or tell you what their lack of support meant to me when Rush Limbaugh made racist comments about me. My only regret, besides every fucking awful moment of the past 11 years, is that I couldn't give these people what they wanted most: drafting Ricky Williams back in 1999. No fans deserved it more." McNabb then wished probable Eagles starting QB Kevin Kolb luck winning the next 25 Super Bowls "because nothing else will be enough," gave all Philly fans the finger "because I can't give them all cancer," sighed with pleasure, and went to turn in his Eagles playbook to the Redskins' defensive coordinators.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/donova ... ove,17235/
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    DeLukin wrote:
    Saw this on the Onion this morning and thought it was relevant:

WASHINGTON—During an emotionally charged press conference Monday, newly minted Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb expressed gratitude to the unappreciative, abusive, and intolerant fans of the Philadelphia Eagles for their total lack of support over the years. "I'd like to thank all the Eagles fans who were always there to demand the whole world from me every week, who expected me to do everything with almost nothing, and who blamed me for the team's every failure," said the six-time Pro Bowler, who also apologized for his failure to shore up the Eagles defense and his inability to keep Brian Westbrook healthy while leading the team to five NFC championship games. "I can't thank them enough for the constant insults or tell you what their lack of support meant to me when Rush Limbaugh made racist comments about me. My only regret, besides every fucking awful moment of the past 11 years, is that I couldn't give these people what they wanted most: drafting Ricky Williams back in 1999. No fans deserved it more." McNabb then wished probable Eagles starting QB Kevin Kolb luck winning the next 25 Super Bowls "because nothing else will be enough," gave all Philly fans the finger "because I can't give them all cancer," sighed with pleasure, and went to turn in his Eagles playbook to the Redskins' defensive coordinators.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/donova ... ove,17235/

That is hilarious! and true!!
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/movi ... ackle.html

The situation: The Eagles are set with their starting right and left tackles for years to come. Winston Justice showed last season he can start on the right side, and the Eagles rewarded him with a contract extension that runs through 2013. Is Justice a finished product at 25 years old? No. He still needs to improve. But considering how he stepped up last season, it's reasonable to believe he will get better.

Almost exactly one year ago, the Eagles dealt for left tackle Jason Peters and awarded him with a six-year deal. Two things about his 2009 campaign: One, he did not live up to Andy Reid's billing as the best left tackle in the league. Two, there's no denying that the Eagles were better with him on the field than with one of his replacements. Peters was up and down, and it doesn't help that he had one of his worst games of the year in the playoff loss to the Cowboys. However, he showed flashes of being the kind of player the Eagles pictured him to be when they traded for him.

Depth: There are a lot of question marks here. Last season, when Peters went down, it was Todd Herremans sliding over to left tackle and the Eagles bringing in a reserve to play guard (Nick Cole, Max Jean-Gilles and Stacy Andrews all rotated in at various times). But will the Birds have the same luxury this year? If Cole is counted on to fill in for Jamaal Jackson at center, and Herremans slides over to tackle, the team would have to count on a guard combo of Jean-Gilles and and Andrews. Far from ideal.

Andrews is a key here. When he arrived, most penciled him in as the right tackle. Instead, he was moved to guard and had a disastrous first season in Philadelphia. His health and performance will be a major factor in determining how flexible the Eagles are when a lineman goes down with an injury. Will he be good enough to start at right guard? Will he be good enough to provide depth there? What about tackle? Could he fill in if needed? Those are the questions that will need to be answered.

The only other tackles on the roster are King Dunlap and Fenuki Tupou. Dunlap, a seventh-round pick in 2008, will be entering his third season. It was obvious last season that the coaching staff did not think he was capable of being a contributor, or he likely would have gotten in the games when Peters was out. Tupou was a fifth-round pick last season, who was placed on injured reserve in September.

My take: The Eagles have bigger holes than offensive tackle, but the last thing they want is to be stuck in a major bind should Peters or Justice go down, especially with a young quarterback taking over. Sliding Herremans over is OK, but it makes them weaker at two positions. Ideally, the Eagles would be able to bring in a reserve tackle and leave Herremans at left guard, should Peters go down.

We'll throw the old "best player available" caveat into all these posts, because for the most part, it holds true. That being said, I would be surprised if the Eagles went offensive tackle in the first round, but it really wouldn't shock me to see them draft one after that. Again, several factors go into this: how they feel about the current players on the roster (mentioned above), how they have the tackle prospects graded, and when those guys go off the board. The Eagles ha
    www.myspace.com
    what do you think about the garcia rumors?

i am all for it. they are probably waiting till after the draft in case they trade vick. i guess you could sign him and keep vick. that way you will have a competent west coast qb to tutor and help kolb and still have the wildcat option with vick.

ideally, i hope we get anything in a trade for vick...sign garcia...then draft a qb in the later rounds
    www.myspace.com

i am all for it. they are probably waiting till after the draft in case they trade vick. i guess you could sign him and keep vick. that way you will have a competent west coast qb to tutor and help kolb and still have the wildcat option with vick.

ideally, i hope we get anything in a trade for vick...sign garcia...then draft a qb in the later rounds
    I think it would a very smart decesion to sign him as well.he'd be perfect because he wouldn't put any pressure on kolb and he's not a locker room problem and he knows are offensive.and I think if it happens it will be after the draft as well.
    Go Birds!!!!

I think it's a done deal. they don't want to announce the signing before they trade vick, as that would kill any trade leverage.

trade vick, draft skelton (around the 5th round), sign garcia (I call him goldmember)

Reid knows what he's doing...he's the man

I think it would a very smart decesion to sign him as well.he'd be perfect because he wouldn't put any pressure on kolb and he's not a locker room problem and he knows are offensive.and I think if it happens it will be after the draft as well.

I'm all for the wildcat going away forever. those plays were brutal last year

only issue i can see is apparently he always thinks he can start. so if the going gets tough for kolb, which it most certainly will, i can see him lobbying reid and other players that he should be in there. as long as he knows his role, i think it will be a solid move.

it will be interesting to see what happens with vick though. i believe they get a 3rd rounder as compensation if they let him walk after next year. so they would want at least that to trade him now. not sure if they will get it. we shall see...
    www.myspace.com
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    i love reading this thread :D
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    Garcia"s a fool if he think's hes an nfl full time starter. After we cut him last year he didn't even get picked back up i believe. I heard the same thing about Vick and if we let him walk. Problem is hes gonna be a distraction if kolb struggles. Thats why i might take less to get rid of him.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.