The 2011 New Year Diet Resolution Thread

Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    dammit i plateau'd this week...stayed the same as last week, and didn't lose much last week. still down 8...need to refocus...

Still doing well 8 pounds is pretty darn good :D
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    After dinner last night I had to admit to myself that although I ate my salad without dressing, having sauteed shrimp and fettucine alfredo was probably not the best diet meal. (!) :? :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    After dinner last night I had to admit to myself that although I ate my salad without dressing, having sauteed shrimp and fettucine alfredo was probably not the best diet meal. (!) :? :D
    I dont know....

I think once a week, twice a week, you should eat a decent meal like that.....

Then ya just maintain healthy eating for the rest of your meals....

One decent meal a week isnt gonna hurt you.....

Just my humble opinion.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Well, it WAS delicious. 8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    mmmm...chicken and proscuitto whole wheat ravioli with browned garlic & broccoli in olive oil & smart balance tonight.
    *drools*

this was so fucking delicious, it was unbelievable.
    also had lots of crushed red pepper in it....ooohhhhhhhhhh sooooooooooo good!

and yes, still on track, holding steady today, 6 pounds down. i'm happy. i really think if i can keep losing weight eating as i do, this is most definitely something sustainable for me. :thumbup: eventually would like to incorporate more exercise, tho nothing too crazy and then also be able to eat a bit more on the naughty side say once a week, and sure...a bottle of my beloved wine a week. :D

justam - outside of the alfredo sauce, sounds like a perfectly good and healthy meal! and even the alfredo isn't going to kill ya. it's all portion control and frequency. i had 2 slices of margherita pizza for lunch today - planned - and will do so for the next 10 weeks on fridays. i think planned indulgences are wise. if you find it hinders your progress, then you make adjustments accordingly. if it merely slows the pace, no biggie....b/c that's reality, right? no one is going to eat in a truly restrictive fashion for life, so it's all about sustainable change to accompany a sustainable, smaller self. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

spicy tilapia with yellow squash and snowpeas tonite...should be delish!
    no wine tho. :(
    eh well, gotta give it a go!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Ah yes...

Sunday breakfasts...

Eggs
    Bacon
    Sausage
    Pancakes
    Hash Browns

But I guess I will have a bowl of Special K instead.......hehehehehe
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Ah yes...

Sunday breakfasts...

Eggs
    Bacon
    Sausage
    Pancakes
    Hash Browns

But I guess I will have a bowl of Special K instead.......hehehehehe

and don't forget the biscuits, gravy and freshly squeezed orange juice :mrgreen:

my abdominal muscles hate me today. haha

but it's a good kind of sore, right? right?

bleh
    Nice shirt.
  • I had a bowl of popcorn last night...
    A Big bowl of popcorn.....
    With butter
    And salt....

And it was delicious....

Good for me!!!!!
    Well I think I've fallen completely off the wagon this weekend. I have eaten what I felt like, when I felt like it. I went out for lunch today and yesterday, had a bag of Cadburys mini-eggs whilst watching a film last night. Then had a Cadburys cream egg when I got back this afternoon - I know all the chocolate probably only adds up to about 600 calories, but I still shouldn't have really had it.

Exercise wise done ok. Walked about 5 miles today, which I really enjoyed.

I want to be slimmer but I really would just like to go sleep and wake up in the morning a stone lighter. I think I'm going through a 'why should I' phase. I do have a tendancy to do the opposite of what I'm told to do (a stupid habit really). Mmmm, will have to ponder this some more. :(
  • Claireack wrote:
    Well I think I've fallen completely off the wagon this weekend. I have eaten what I felt like, when I felt like it. I went out for lunch today and yesterday, had a bag of Cadburys mini-eggs whilst watching a film last night. Then had a Cadburys cream egg when I got back this afternoon - I know all the chocolate probably only adds up to about 600 calories, but I still shouldn't have really had it.

Exercise wise done ok. Walked about 5 miles today, which I really enjoyed.

I want to be slimmer but I really would just like to go sleep and wake up in the morning a stone lighter. I think I'm going through a 'why should I' phase. I do have a tendancy to do the opposite of what I'm told to do (a stupid habit really). Mmmm, will have to ponder this some more. :(
    You walked 5 miles today!!!!

Awesome....

Eat all the chocolate you want!!!!!!!

Thank you Speedy :D

Although I will be cursing it when I get on the scales tommorrow :oops:
  • Claireack wrote:

Thank you Speedy :D

Although I will be cursing it when I get on the scales tommorrow :oops:
    Its the weekend...
    You have to give yourself some type of reward.....right????

You behave all week, you eat good, you exercise.....

You HAVE to give yourself some type of reward.....

Just my humble opinion......
    Agreed! Will let myself off (until the weigh in - I will reserve judgement 'til then ;) )
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    Alright, I've got this ex-gf that has gained some weight after having a few kids, and she has been asking me to write her a diet plan for a long time now. I actually got it done last night and sent it to her. This absolutely will work if she does it by my specific instructions. If anyone wants the full three page letter I sent her, send me a PM. This is a very abreviated version:

6 small meals a day, carbs in the first 3 none in the 2nd three

1) Breakfast - Oatmeal or some hot cereal, eggs - most liberal meal of the day, but eat small portions and don't get "full" because there is another meal in a couple hours

2) fruit snack - one or two pieces of fruit should do the job, add a muffin if you need to, BUT AGAIN DON'T GET FULL, its time to eat again in two hours.

3) Dinner/ Lunch - eat a moderate portion of starch, like potatoes, rice, pasta, corn, beans or peas. eat a lean meat. Fruit is ok for a dessert, but don't get full!!!

4) Salad - green leafy salad (not iceberg lettuce), viniagarette, add other vegetables if you have the time/ energy

5) Supper - lean meat and cooked GREEN Vegetable. Cook the vegie with minimal water and a touch of EVOO. Will be hardest meal of the day for most people.

6) last snack - more of the lean meat, green veggie if possible. other days its ok to make it a whey protein shake with milk, nuts or cheese are ok too.

The major points are to get used to eating small meals more often, this will decrease stomach capacity and increase metabolism. cut the carbs half way though the day. In the longer version I list the accaptable green vegetables. I also go into the chemical reason for the green leafy vegetables and the negative "xeno-estrogens". Keep fats healthy and in moderation. No fried foods. No alcohol. No caffiene. Water is your main drink. Milk is ok. Cheese is ok. Orange juice is ok in the mornings.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
    Mr.pink, I like your reminder to eat but not get full. I need to remember that. It's a good plan! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    Mr.pink, I like your reminder to eat but not get full. I need to remember that. It's a good plan! :)

Thank you Justam! Yeah, thats one of the biggest point. This diet isn't easy, esp in my ex's case with 3 boys and husband and working full time (though I did try to customize it to her schedule), but once you really get it going for a while it will seem like the natural way to eat.
    mr.pink wrote:

Thank you Justam! Yeah, thats one of the biggest point. This diet isn't easy, esp in my ex's case with 3 boys and husband and working full time (though I did try to customize it to her schedule), but once you really get it going for a while it will seem like the natural way to eat.

I agree.
    For me, it'll really help to change the habit of eating too much at dinner.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    the more i see the more i eat :(

That the diet I'm on. I coordinate it around my workout, but the rest of the time I'm eating as much as possible, all day long. Good foods though.
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    mr.pink wrote:

That the diet I'm on. I coordinate it around my workout, but the rest of the time I'm eating as much as possible, all day long. Good foods though.
    not me. tons of red meat and junk food.
    woooohooooo...LOST weight over the weekend! first time in a looooonnnngggg time i've done that. down another 1.5 pounds. :mrgreen: two weeks in, total down, 7.5 pounds, and i am back to my pre-holiday weight, yay! so now, hopefully make some forward progress. :):):)

also, i've decided, fuck not having wine. i had 2 glasses last weekend, and a bottle over the course of this weekend. i think if i stick to a bottle a week, i'll be good. and if in time it interferes with my weight loss, i'll make changes, but thus far it's worked well. i LOVE my wine, and have cut back considerably and no weeknight drinking, so i think this is a happy compromise.

i have been eating soooooooo well. very, very healthy, yet indulgent here or there.
    friday lunch - 2 slices of margherita pizza
    saturday dinner - homemade spicy thai peanut noodles with shrimp - sooooooooo YUMMM!
    sunday - breakfast: my usual bacon, egg & cheddar on a whole grain english muffin, and dinner: whole grain penne with arrabiatta sauce and 1/2 an italian spicy sausage. other meals in there of course, very healthy stuff and the occasional piece of dark chocolate, just illustrating what i think are truly yummy, yummy meals, VERY filling...and still fit within my eating plan and weight-loss. i sooooooo hope the weight loss continues with this eating lifestyle!

here's to hoping at least 2 more pounds lost before 02.01.
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Weigh in day today;

Lost 1 pound 6 oz, Hooray!!

It's not oodles but it's in the right direction - and that is all that matters to me. It may have been helped by the upset tummy that I've had today, but hey ho as long as I don't go mad over the next few days it'll be alright.

:D
    I lost three pounds this week.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I'm trying really hard all this week as i'm having a break for my birthday next week and I want to feel like I deserve to eat lots of pizza and drink too much wine :D

We get pizza??? :mrgreen:

I'm trying to cut down on the snacking and eat heathier lunches with the aim of losing about 10lbs or so. Won't be weighing myself just trusting the way my clothes fit to give an indication of if I'm doing ok :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    justam wrote:
    I lost three pounds this week.

awesome!
    :thumbup:

claire, is that in addition to the pound or so you lost last week, or cumulative?
    either way - kudos!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

claire, is that in addition to the pound or so you lost last week, or cumulative?
    either way - kudos!

In addition, I think it was 1 pound 14 oz last week + 1 lb 6 oz this week Total 3 pound 4 oz - hooray!! :D
    Claireack wrote:
    either way - kudos!

In addition, I think it was 1 pound 14 oz last week + 1 lb 6 oz this week Total 3 pound 4 oz - hooray!! :D

AWESOME!
    8-)

and hey, you only want to lose a stone, that is seriously fantastic. almost 3.5 down, thus only 10.5 to go! man, what a cool scale you have that it weighs out ounces. mine only does pounds and half pounds.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

tonight:
    dry-rub boneless pork chop
    1/2 baked sweet potato
    iced green&white tea

YUM
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...