The 2011 New Year Diet Resolution Thread

Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anybody else start today? Buying a suit this weekend was the final straw...

Well I hope maybe we can help each other out. Weighed in 20 lbs heavier than I should be on the charts (30 lbs from where I hope to go)this AM. Going Weight Watchers as I had some great sucess 4 years ago on it...

Hope to have some great success and I hope you do too...

EDIT: Updated for new year :lol:
GoiMTvP.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Anybody else start today? Buying a suit this weekend was the final straw...

Well I hope maybe we can help each other out. Weighed in 20 lbs heavier than I should be on the charts (30 lbs from where I hope to go)this AM. Going Weight Watchers as I had some great sucess 4 years ago on it...

Hope to have some great success and I hope you do too...
    the 1st monday after new years eve..ofcourse all the planet start a diet :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Well I'm up for it. I weighed myself this morning, in the nudie. 10st 12lbs. Only 5ft 4" so prob quite a bit heavier than I should be, 10st 4lbs is considered overweight for my height. I'm aiming for 1/2 stone initially but hoping to loose a whole stone by June (want to look my best for the boys at HRC - yeah I know it's dark and there's lots of people etc, but I dyed my hair and got waxed for last time :oops: ).

Every Monday afternoon/eve I'm getting together with a few friends to get weighed, which prior to christmas worked and I lost 6lbs, but due to the festivities put a bit back on. We put in £5/wk towards a girly trip to Leeds.

How are we going to do this? I prefer weighing myself first thing in the morning (after going to the loo).

:D
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I had the typical New Years resolution planned around Thanksgiving. But I got bored thinking about it and started running mid-December. Lost 5 pounds since then and hope to lose 25-30 by summer.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I need to detox and diet at the same time. God help me.
    I love to turn you on
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Claireack wrote:
    Well I'm up for it. I weighed myself this morning, in the nudie. 10st 12lbs. Only 5ft 4" so prob quite a bit heavier than I should be, 10st 4lbs is considered overweight for my height. I'm aiming for 1/2 stone initially but hoping to loose a whole stone by June (want to look my best for the boys at HRC - yeah I know it's dark and there's lots of people etc, but I dyed my hair and got waxed for last time :oops: ).

Every Monday afternoon/eve I'm getting together with a few friends to get weighed, which prior to christmas worked and I lost 6lbs, but due to the festivities put a bit back on. We put in £5/wk towards a girly trip to Leeds.

How are we going to do this? I prefer weighing myself first thing in the morning (after going to the loo).

:D
    Yeah I agree, Monday weigh ins and help comfort those through the tough times :)

Doing good today
    Special K/Skim Milk
    Banana
    Plain Chicken Breast on Whole Wheat for Lunch with 100 C Bar and Apple
    WW Snack at 3 PM
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Ok, not saying what I ate today, I was a piglet. Will list what I've eaten tom. :D
    Claireack wrote:
    Ok, not saying what I ate today, I was a piglet. Will list what I've eaten tom. :D
    :D I am sure I will be jealous :)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Is it true that if you stick to a strict diet with exercise during the week, then you can pig out on whatever the 7th day with no setbacks?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Is it true that if you stick to a strict diet with exercise during the week, then you can pig out on whatever the 7th day with no setbacks?

pig out? no...but one or twice a week you can have something you shouldn't

i changed the way i eat back in july and have lost 40lbs...turns out i was eating too much :shock: :oops: ;)

smaller portions, never allowing myself to get hungry and no eating after 7pm has worked for me (so far) :D
  • norm wrote:

pig out? no...but one or twice a week you can have something you shouldn't

i changed the way i eat back in july and have lost 40lbs...turns out i was eating too much :shock: :oops: ;)

smaller portions, never allowing myself to get hungry and no eating after 7pm has worked for me (so far) :D

the 7pm thing is so good ..i tend to eat with the kids 5pm latest..and if you get the urge to eat later .go brush your teeth..everything taste like shit then. :mrgreen: ,,the wines my devil..got to cut down on it
    everything taste like shit then. :mrgreen:

:lol::lol:
    the wines my devil..got to cut down on it

yeah i stopped drinking also :(

but every once in a while, i'll have a glass or 4 ;):mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    i changed the way i eat back in july and have lost 40lbs

:shock: Gosh that's a lot to lose, well done.

Unfortunately I'm a nibbler, so that's the first thing to go.

But Saturday night will be my treat night :D If cut out treats completely, I'll just get miserable so I'm eating chocolate on Saturday nights :D
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    My diet is caffeine free. The first thing to go is coffee (as well as soda and tea, but I didn't drink them much.) I haven't had coffee since about December 15th. I substitute the uber-energy feeling with fruit so I don't go through the day walking like a zombie. Coffee has a lot of little things that go with it i.e., cookies, brownies, donuts, biscotti. I think this will take some unnecessary weight off. Also, I plan to run a lot.

The main reason I gave up coffee is because coffee exacerbates the stressed feeling of my face, and sometimes after a stressful day at work I was in a lot of pain - it could have been a daily caffeine withdrawal. Anyway, I'm more *jolly* without coffee. I find myself giggling more. By 2011 I'd like to relegate coffee to the status of restaurant dessert.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Dear Friends:

There is no need to go hungry, count calories, or spend money on support groups. Just switch to organic food and drinks. Period. It's that simple!

I "went organic" in 2005. Immediately, my skin was clear and my sweat did not smell. Soon my years of torment with insomnia stopped. I began sleeping 8 hours a night! Five months later, my body began letting go of its blubber. I soon lost 28 pounds, going down to my high school weight!!! I eat whatever the hell I want: Lasagna, black bean tacos, pasta or rice with gooey cheddar cheese, chocolate chip cookies... I consume large amounts of chocolate and coffee as staples, every day.

The only time I gained a bit was early 2008. Turns out I had developed a new food allergy to soybeans, and I was bloating up with fluid. As soon as I stopped consuming soy products, my weight corrected itself. So while you are waiting for the organic food to work its fat-loss magic, try exclusion diets for the common allergens: Wheat, dairy, corn, egg, and soy. For 4 days, don't eat anything that might contain a trace of wheat. On the fifth day, start eating wheat again and watch for symptoms. Repeat for the other foods. (If weight gain is the only symptom you have from a particular food, I'd recommend excluding the food for two weeks instead of just 4 days so you have time to notice subtle differences.)

The default normal state of being is stunning, vibrant health! Don't let our GMO food, Big Pharma society convince you otherwise.

Love,

Brynne
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    I lost 100 pounds in a year off of a New Year's Resolution...now I'm an amateur bodybuilder.

If you have any questions/need tips/need help/need motivation/need to talk/have those pics from the "boob job" thread feel free to PM anything!!
    edited January 2010
    Tues 5/1

Eaten so far today;

De-caff coffee with 1 sugar + skimmed/semi-skimmed milk x 8
    Bowl of cranberry wheats
    1 caramel chocolate - struggling as back at work and office full of biscuits, chocolates etc from xmas :(
    4 Fruity Ryvitas with extra light cream cheese and beetroot
    Small vanilla yoghurt
    Apple
    Small Carton of fresh orange juice
    Quorn Salad & muffin
    Large portion of melon & grapes
    1/4 bag of dried fruit

Exercise: Walked to and from work 2 miles
    Post edited by Claireack on
    Not bad Claire :D

Ok
    So I had
    Special K/Skim Milk/Banana

And drinking lots of water...

Last night I was real good
    Lean Cuisine Pizza
    100 Calorie Snack Pack
    Salad with Fat Free Dressing

The way this usually goes for me is I eat terrific on the weekdays and then eat more stuff on the weekend...
    Does this work for you?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Yes it's easier in the week, 'cos of work. But I do think it's important to have a treat now and again otherwise it's too depressing. :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Dear Friends:

There is no need to go hungry, count calories, or spend money on support groups. Just switch to organic food and drinks. Period. It's that simple!

I "went organic" in 2005. Immediately, my skin was clear and my sweat did not smell. Soon my years of torment with insomnia stopped. I began sleeping 8 hours a night! Five months later, my body began letting go of its blubber. I soon lost 28 pounds, going down to my high school weight!!! I eat whatever the hell I want: Lasagna, black bean tacos, pasta or rice with gooey cheddar cheese, chocolate chip cookies... I consume large amounts of chocolate and coffee as staples, every day.

The only time I gained a bit was early 2008. Turns out I had developed a new food allergy to soybeans, and I was bloating up with fluid. As soon as I stopped consuming soy products, my weight corrected itself. So while you are waiting for the organic food to work its fat-loss magic, try exclusion diets for the common allergens: Wheat, dairy, corn, egg, and soy. For 4 days, don't eat anything that might contain a trace of wheat. On the fifth day, start eating wheat again and watch for symptoms. Repeat for the other foods. (If weight gain is the only symptom you have from a particular food, I'd recommend excluding the food for two weeks instead of just 4 days so you have time to notice subtle differences.)

The default normal state of being is stunning, vibrant health! Don't let our GMO food, Big Pharma society convince you otherwise.

Love,

Brynne

excellent... i just ordered 40 kilos of Green and Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate!! When i mix this up into a bowl along with my organic double cream... the weight will just fall off me. :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    Dear Friends:

Love,

Brynne

excellent... i just ordered 40 kilos of Green and Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate!! When i mix this up into a bowl along with my organic double cream... the weight will just fall off me. :thumbup:
    hehehehehehe

Do they have organic double cheeseburgers???? hehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    dunkman wrote:
    [excellent... i just ordered 40 kilos of Green and Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate!! When i mix this up into a bowl along with my organic double cream... the weight will just fall off me. :thumbup:

Can you save me some, I can eat it on Saturday :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Claireack wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    [excellent... i just ordered 40 kilos of Green and Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate!! When i mix this up into a bowl along with my organic double cream... the weight will just fall off me. :thumbup:

with this new fangled eating everything organic diet.. by saturday i will be by Karen Carpenters side as i watch my coffin... well i say coffin, it'll actually just be a hollowed out pencil... waft gently down the 6ft drop into the ground. :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Well as i've lost over 100lb in the past and I had a shit year, I ate what I damn well pleased over Christmas and New Year :lol::mrgreen:

I weighed myself 7 days ago and i'd put on 8lb since 11th December (Not as bad as I was expecting) I then weighed myself 2 days ago and i'd lost 5lb of the 8. I was a happy camper :D I've been trying to eat healthier/lower fat generally and been exercising like a mofo again. It's obviously working so i'm gonna keep it up. I'm currently 5lb heavier than my lowest ever weight (total loss of 102lb) and i'm hoping to get past that by the end of January for my birthday.

I only have about 26lb to lose 'til my ultimate goal weight. I'm hoping to get it all off by June for the tour :D

Today i've eaten: 2 bowls of Special K cereal, 2 satsumas, 3 crackers (with light spread), an apple and a happy hippo. For dinner we have diet biryani with quorn, mushrooms, peas and peppers.

Tomorrow i'm hoping to not eat the crackers or happy hippo :oops:

ohhhh tomorrow is exercise day! :mrgreen:

(good thread BD :thumbup: )
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    dunkman wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

with this new fangled eating everything organic diet.. by saturday i will be by Karen Carpenters side as i watch my coffin... well i say coffin, it'll actually just be a hollowed out pencil... waft gently down the 6ft drop into the ground. :thumbup:

Can you leave me your chocolate in your will? :D
  • Ok...

I have packed my thermos of soup...
    I have packed my tuna sandwich......
    I have packed my cottage cheese.....
    I have packed my thermos of coffee......

I would much rather have a triple cheeseburger....
    And some onion rings....

You done good - forget about the cheeseburger. :D
    Ok...

And some onion rings....

i just had oatmeal!! :(

much rather have had bacon, eggs and hash browns

food sucks :thumbdown:
  • Claireack wrote:

You done good - forget about the cheeseburger. :D
    BLEH!!!!

Double cheeseburger
    onion rings
    cheese fries
    chocolate malt
    2 marlboros

NOW THATS A LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • norm wrote:
    Ok...

And some onion rings....

i just had oatmeal!! :(

much rather have had bacon, eggs and hash browns

food sucks :thumbdown:

Oatmeal????
    OATMEAL???????

Just the name makes me cringe!!!!!!

hehehehehehehehe

My 110lb. girlfriend, eats oatmeal every morning....

My 250lb ass eats...
    Eggs
    Bacon
    Hashbrowns
    Toast
    Sausage
    Pancakes
    Waffles
    Syrup

NOW THATS A BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!