The 2011 New Year Diet Resolution Thread

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    just had my oatmeal...lunch will be tuna on whole wheat and dinner...actually going out to a steakhouse tonight...strappin' on the feed bag! :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave:
    Do you use mayo for the tuna???

Or do you use that fat-free mayo??? That crap that tastes like monkey spleens????

it's the crappy mayo :(

i'm getting used to it

how do you know what monkey spleens taste like? :think:
  • norm wrote:
    norm wrote:
    just had my oatmeal...lunch will be tuna on whole wheat and dinner...actually going out to a steakhouse tonight...strappin' on the feed bag! :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave:
    Do you use mayo for the tuna???

Or do you use that fat-free mayo??? That crap that tastes like monkey spleens????

it's the crappy mayo :(

i'm getting used to it

how do you know what monkey spleens taste like? :think:
    Fat-free mayo is the most vulgar crap on planet earth....

I use light mayo....I think its 50 calories a serving.....

But I fucking refuse to eat that fat-free mayo.....I would rather weigh 673lbs. than eat that crap.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • norm...

You are my kind of guy...

Oatmeal for breakfast....
    Tuna for lunch...

Dinner???

160z porterhouse
    baked potato/butter/sour cream
    bowl of lobster bisque
    2lbs of dinner rolls covered in butter
    and some cheesecake.....

With a diet fucking coke....of course....

hehehehehehehehehe
    norm...

You are my kind of guy...

Oatmeal for breakfast....
    Tuna for lunch...

Dinner???

160z porterhouse
    baked potato/butter/sour cream
    bowl of lobster bisque
    2lbs of dinner rolls covered in butter
    and some cheesecake.....

With a diet fucking coke....of course....

hehehehehehehehehe

hehehe

well my buddy is coming to town with a friend of his for the bcs game so were going out to dinner...if i wasn't going out, i'd probably be having some chicken and a salad or some boring shit like that

oh and substitute the diet coke for a 7&7...with diet 7-up of course ;)

:wave:
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635

But I fucking refuse to eat that fat-free mayo.....I would rather weigh 673lbs. than eat that crap.......

and what exactly is fat-free half and half made out of?

water and chalk dust?

there is no such thing.

fat-free anything is pretty repulsive, at least in my experience.
    Nice shirt.

• I use light mayo....I think its 50 calories a serving.....

water and chalk dust?

there is no such thing.

fat free half and half???

Is that in the same aisle as the diet bread and fat free mayo???? hehehehe
  • 3 days into eating healthy.....

And I am ready to blow my fucking brains out!!!!!

I am going to work....

hehehehehehehe

water and chalk dust?

there is no such thing.

fat free half and half???

Is that in the same aisle as the diet bread and fat free mayo???? hehehehe

i believe so.

either that or it is in the aisle marked Inedible Crap.

it cracks me up to go to the grocery store these first few weeks of the New Year.

all of the highly visible aisles that only days ago held cookies, cakes, fudge and 14 pound salami's,
    are now brimming with South Beach this and 100 calorie pack that.

and next to that are the yoga mats and hand weights.

ya gotta love the guilt of the holidays.
    haha
    Nice shirt.
  • im on a diet..called the diet of the shark!!!i eat all except shark.... :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Another one of my favorites....

SOY MILK????

WTF is soy milk???

soy
    water
    chalk dust
    monkey spleen
    Another one of my favorites....

SOY MILK????

WTF is soy milk???

soy
    water
    chalk dust
    monkey spleen

as lewis black said...it isn't soy milk, it's soy juice...how do i know? i've never seen a soy titty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCZRXW-pFcE

:lol:
    Another one of my favorites....

SOY MILK????

WTF is soy milk???

soy
    water
    chalk dust
    monkey spleen

nasty.

that's what soy milk is.

well i don't care for it anyway.
    i'd rather do without all together.
    Nice shirt.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    norm wrote:
    as lewis black said...it isn't soy milk, it's soy juice...how do i know? i've never seen a soy titty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCZRXW-pFcE

OMG! That's the first laugh I had all day. I'm almost choking as I try to keep from out-loud laughing hysterically and disturb my co-workers.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    edited January 2010
    Thurs 7/10

decaff coffee x 8 with 1 sugar & either skimmed or semi skimmed milk
    Cranberry wheats
    Apple
    Salad with very small amount of cheese
    Fat free vanilla yoghurt & strawberries
    Small carton of orange juice
    Salad wrap with 4 mini quorn savoury eggs
    Banana yoghurt
    2 caramel snack a jacks

Exercise; walked to work and back 2 miles

Bit tiddled off as I weighed myself this am and shouldn't have, put 3/4 pound on since monday :x
    Post edited by Claireack on
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    It's funny, the Mrs and I are doing it together and she asked this AM what I am down (4 1/2 pounds). She was not happy :lol:

Will be good today but tonight I have dinner with our cousin in the city and he is a drinker and eater. Wish me luck...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    I think you should eat lots and drink lots tonight - it will make me feel better about putting weight on ;):D
    Claireack wrote:
    I think you should eat lots and drink lots tonight - it will make me feel better about putting weight on ;):D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • It's funny, the Mrs and I are doing it together and she asked this AM what I am down (4 1/2 pounds). She was not happy :lol:

Will be good today but tonight I have dinner with our cousin in the city and he is a drinker and eater. Wish me luck...
    hold on!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    just got back from the doc...down 5 more pounds

and dinner last night was fabulous! :D
    norm wrote:

Just a salad or did you get the 64 oz? :drool:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    norm wrote:

screw the salad...didn't even have one for a starter...i had the special which was a steak fillet with a wine demiglace and blue cheese, asparagus and a baked potato :thumbup: :thumbup:
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

screw the salad...didn't even have one for a starter...i had the special which was a steak fillet with a wine demiglace and blue cheese, asparagus and a baked potato :thumbup: :thumbup:
    :faint:

If you had a keylime pie for desert I might hurt myself...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    :faint:

If you had a keylime pie for desert I might hurt myself...

no desert...i was full :P
    norm wrote:
    down 5 more pounds

Well done you :D
    edited January 2010
    Fri 8/10

decaff coffee with 1 sugar + skimmed milk x 4
    Latte x 1
    Cranberry wheats
    Egg mayonnaise sarnie :oops: naughty moment
    Apple
    Pasta in sun dried tomato sauce
    Cider (does that count as fruit) :oops:
    Post edited by Claireack on
  • Yesterday I had:

2 bowls Special K (1% milk)
    A satsuma
    An Apple
    A jacket potato with beans and cottage cheese (no butter)
    A can of diet Coke
    200ml carton Pineapple juice
    A cup of tea
    Plenty of water

Today I have:

2 bowls Special K (1% milk)
    A satsuma
    An Apple
    Homemade pearl barley and vegetable soup
    A wholemeal mini sub roll
    A cup of tea
    200ml pineapple juice
    A can of diet coke
    Water

I didn't do any exercise last night as I pulled a muscle in my back (thanks to slipping on the ice). Tonight i'm doing an hour of stepping and some yoga. I weighed myself last night and i've lost another 3lb; that's an 8lb loss since 1st Jan :thumbup:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    I didn't do any exercise last night as I pulled a muscle in my back (thanks to slipping on the ice). Tonight i'm doing an hour of stepping and some yoga. I weighed myself last night and i've lost another 3lb; that's an 8lb loss since 1st Jan

That's amazing Sian - trying not to weigh myself til monday, as I did yesterday and had put weight on. Someone at work told me I was eating too much fruit/dried fruit and that it was full of sugar and that I wouldn't lose any weight. I don't think that's right, I'm going the low fat route. What do you think?
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Claireack wrote:
    I didn't do any exercise last night as I pulled a muscle in my back (thanks to slipping on the ice). Tonight i'm doing an hour of stepping and some yoga. I weighed myself last night and i've lost another 3lb; that's an 8lb loss since 1st Jan

That's amazing Sian - trying not to weigh myself til monday, as I did yesterday and had put weight on. Someone at work told me I was eating too much fruit/dried fruit and that it was full of sugar and that I wouldn't lose any weight. I don't think that's right, I'm going the low fat route. What do you think?
    Just remember, you may be putting on muscle weight (since you are walking a lot).
    Before the munchkin, I used to go to a trainer for 4 months. I barely lost any weight. But I did tone up and looked slimmer, if not weighed it.
    So far- I've lost 34lb since having her 3 1/2 months ago (well I was sick most of my pregnancy- and actually came out 20 lighter than when I started.) But now I need to tone back up. Started working again, and that should help a lot.
  • vduboise wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

Just remember, you may be putting on muscle weight (since you are walking a lot).
    Before the munchkin, I used to go to a trainer for 4 months. I barely lost any weight. But I did tone up and looked slimmer, if not weighed it.
    So far- I've lost 34lb since having her 3 1/2 months ago (well I was sick most of my pregnancy- and actually came out 20 lighter than when I started.) But now I need to tone back up. Started working again, and that should help a lot.

Claire - I completely agree with ^ vduboise ^. I train like hell some months but I don't lose any weight. I do however, slim down and tone up. It's frustrating on the scales but you will see results in how your clothes fit, compliments you get and your fitness level.

DO eat fruit, it's great for your digestion. I tend to eat around 2-3 pieces a day. Fruit can be a bugger for hidden kcals and sugar though. When I first started seriously dieting and was at my biggest, I ate so much fruit, thought I was being healthy but wasn't losing anything. I spoke to my dietitian and she said that I shouldn't be eating more than about 3/4 pieces a day at most (That includes dried fruit and fruit juice). I replaced fruit snacks with carrot sticks, pepper slices, cucumber pieces... basically anything that wasn't as calorific or had too much sugar (raw veg is good for your skin too!). Bare in mind that there's a lot of natural sugar in fruit: sugar puts on the lbs around you waist, first and foremost. lbs around your waist increase the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
    I'm doing a low fat diet too (won't eat anything with more than 5gms total fat per 100gm) but I still keep my eye on my sugar and salt intake. :thumbup:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    -5 but hating it. worked out for the first time in a long time yesterday. good lord i'm getting old. have another carrot.
    I love to turn you on