The 2011 New Year Diet Resolution Thread

1121314151618»

Comments

• Good luck BD (and others). I actually need to gain about 10-15 pounds in the new year to be where I want to be.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    We don't need your kind around here. :x :lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Good luck BD (and others). I actually need to gain about 10-15 pounds in the new year to be where I want to be.

Keep partying with Erik and you shall reach your goals, young man!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Claireack wrote:
    I am always fighting this battle. I am currently getting ready to go out into the wilderness for six days with nothing but a bag of rice. I find that is a nice way to drop a few pounds. :)

What no chocolate???? :o

There were a few pieces of chocolate to be had. But between the 46 mile hike, my husband and the pesky raccoon,there was not a lot of chocolate to go around.

Wow, thats a hell of a Hike!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Good luck BD (and others). I actually need to gain about 10-15 pounds in the new year to be where I want to be.

I have 10 pounds I can give you.

I was wayyyyyyy overindulgent during the holidays and I can't blame it all on the fantastic caramels Irish Al sent me in Secret Santa... I'm starting back on a running routine as I have a goal of losing 10 in a month, when I start my new job.

I think that might be just a bit overly optimistic. :roll:

But still... I can try. ;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I'm just going to do this on my own and hope nobody notices - it's an old thread so I'm hoping noone will look in.

Lost 3 3/4 pounds this week!! :D:D:D

My friend and I made the mistake today of taking photos of each other in our underwear to try and motivate us. Unfortunately it resulted in me getting so cheesed off I went and bought a bar of chocolate - not the desired effect :x
    Good for you Claire on the loss. Not good on the candy bar. Chin up, and keep up the good work.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Claireack wrote:
    I'm just going to do this on my own and hope nobody notices - it's an old thread so I'm hoping noone will look in.

Lost 3 3/4 pounds this week!! :D:D:D

My friend and I made the mistake today of taking photos of each other in our underwear to try and motivate us. Unfortunately it resulted in me getting so cheesed off I went and bought a bar of chocolate - not the desired effect :x

aww claire...it's ok....I bought a bikini one year to help motivate me to lose weight, had it hanging right by the full length mirror so I'd have to see it every day...when I thought I lost enough to look 'ok' in it and tried it on and went... :| :? :o :shock: :x :evil: :twisted: :cry: then gave up my diet.

Already started eating 'better' and doing portion control. I'm really shocked at the amount of food I used to stuff my face with! Had 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast and I felt like I came back from the buffett :sick: . I am at my pleatu now, so I'm working out with the Wii. I'd like to lose another 20 pounds...I'll be happy with 15, but also elated with 25.

Keep up the good work everybody!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Thanks for the words of encouragement :D

Lost a pound this week - but anything is better than nothing :D:D
    OK so maybe not such a good week, put 1/4 pound back on. This could be connected to the rather large indian take-away that I ate on Saturday night;

Poppadoms and dips, Onion bhajis, Saag aloo, tarka daal, rice and a peshwari nan + cider

Then on Sunday homemade cake and chocolate chip cookes at my mums

Was doing well until the weekend :roll:

Ok so I've eaten a double decker today (post weigh in treat), but that's it now. Taking the dog for a walk soon and not more naughty/large amounts of food for the rest of the week. Determined to lose a pound this coming week. A pound a week is realistic for me I think.

:D
    How can you know if you lose 1/4 of a pound? That is like the difference in going to the bathroom! :lol::lol:

I don't get excited until the scale tells me I have lost like 5 pounds for 5 days in a row. Then I will believe it.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    How can you know if you lose 1/4 of a pound? That is like the difference in going to the bathroom! :lol::lol:

I don't get excited until the scale tells me I have lost like 5 pounds for 5 days in a row. Then I will believe it.

my scale will tell me that I lost 5 pounds, and when I get to the dr.'s office I seem to have gained 10 pounds between there and home..... :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    If it says I've lost 1/4 pound I'm going to completely and utterly believe it, I think when it's says gained 1/4 pound I may completely disregard it as faulty scales :mrgreen:
    Well another week has passed and I lost 1lb 3/4.

Yay!!!! I know it doesn't sound much but it's a very large amount to me :D

I think I'll go and dance around the room to celebrate :D
    Well had a buggery crap week food wise. All the mini eggs and cream eggs are in the shops and I'm afraid I faltered. Only 4 oz off, but fingers crossed for next week.
    Well crossing my fingers didn't work, still managed to lift the food up and get it in my mouth. Didn't lose anything this week. Think a lot of comfort eating was involved. :x
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Did everyone fall off the wagon after February?!?

I just got back on. Whooooo long way to go!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ